**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Lian, that sounds awful! I'm sorry you had to walk to your test in that weather. I'm hoping you're trying to relax in the mean time!

Amelia, I believe most doctors offices give ladies these tests. I'm not sure if we can decline them as I've never tried. Definitely the norm in my current office as well as my old office.

Ladies, I need your advice!!! Ok so my SIL is having her baby this week. The entire pregnancy she has literally forgotten how to take care of herself. She doesn't brush her teeth, doesn't shower often, wears dirty clothes, etc. Her bad habits have even rubbed off on her 12 year old son. She was over last night with her son and my MIL. Both SIL and my nephew SMELLED so bad. My husband dragged our nephew into the shower and made him shower.

My SIL sat on my couch, didn't move once, and now today my couch smells so bad like body odor and pee. I've been spraying disinfectant spray but think I need to take the cushions apart so I can wash them.

How the hell do I talk to her about her nonexistent bathing? My husband and MIL see it as well but don't have the heart to tell her. It's so bad, I need to say something but don't want to hurt her feelings.

That sounds bad Greats. Do you think she's depressed?
It's unusual for people to just let go of their personal hygiene without reason.
Antenatal depression isn't uncommon. Or maybe she's struggling?

I would try and talk to her generally to see how she is coping before specifically mentioning the hygiene issues.

I think I'm quite glad the gtt tests agent standard here. You're only offered one if you have certain risk factors, which luckily I don't so far

Pearly I'm so glad you passed!!!

Lavender, that actually sounds like an awesome idea!

MrsH, that's really odd about your dad. Does he know you're pregnant? How do you feel about him contacting you? And glad you got your massage! I really need to go get one asap!

Sorry I didn't get on over the weekend! Yes he's had contact with my estranged sister so I'm sure he knows I'm pregnant. I feel very guarded about that and overprotective of my child even if he isn't born yet. I also have a part of me that's super excited because I do miss him a lot. We texted back and forth and I told him I can't talk to him on the phone because it's just too much for me right now. He says he doesn't email so I said if he can't do that now then he can later if he decides to. My gut tells me not to jump into it.

I hope all you mommies had a good day. I did for the most part. Went to DHs moms first and his brothers girlfriend is so selfish. This isn't the only thing she's done but she's never had kids and my back is killing me so bad again and even though I said that multiple times she refused to get out of the recliner and I had to sit on a hard chair. Dh even got upset and his grandma was sitting on a hard chair too. It was so rude. But ever since I got pregnant she ignores me like the plague because I think she's jealous. Anyways after that we went to my moms and just hung out for a bit.

So today I've been super nauseous and even threw up at work. I had to swallow it though because I was nowhere near a trash can or bathroom. I'm super dizzy and sweaty. I don't know why I feel like this again randomly. I'm wondering if it's a bug or just a bout of morning sickness. Oliver is just fine and kicking away.

Oh and yeah greats, I would try talking to her to see if she's depressed. That doesn't sound normal. Even when I spent pay my days in the bathroom I still managed to shower and put clean clothes on.

I was going to guess depression as well. Or is there something that might be causing her anxiety so she's shutting down? Wait- us this the one with the cord issue? I meant to tell you I asked about it at my ultrasound too and they said that it hasn't caused any issues after birth in the cases they've seen. Anyway, maybe she's freaking out and afraid to face it?
Did she comment on your hubby getting her son to shower? Seems like that may
have been a big hint.

I hope things go ok with your dad mrs. H. Sounds complicated and best to take very slow for sure.

Mrs. H, that does sound like a complicated situation with your Dad. I agree that added stress right now isn't the best thing for you, glad you are kind of slowly easing back into contact with him. Also, sorry that you're sick again, hopefully it was just a fluke.

Greats, I agree with everyone else, definitely sounds like depression. Has your BIL talked to her about it? The fact that it is also affecting the way her son acts is concerning. At 12 he is most likely going to have to deal with being teased/bullied if he is dirty/smelly at school...

So my 2 hour test is on Friday, can't wait to get the stupid thing over with. I'm trying to think of the plus side (opportunity to read in peace, eat good food after :haha:). I really don't hope that I faint. My blood pressure was low at my last MW appointment so I'm afraid that the fasting and dehydration factor might cause me to hit the floor when they take my blood...

Thanks ladies! He hasn't taken it further so I'm not going to either.

Threw up all night. But made it through the night after 9:30pm. I didn't sleep at all though and I had BH contractions around 3:30am. I'm sure because I'm dehydrated. Oliver still won't stop kicking me. He was up all night too.

Just go prepared mrs. Eddie. It was nice to have chill time. And 2 hours is a deal. And I'd ask if you're allowed sips of water.
You feeling better mrs. Hudson?

Just a quick update to say I hadn't heard anything from Obs about test results (she will usually call if there's an issue) so I called up today and the receptionist said she'd get her to call me back. I got a call back from the receptionist this afternoon just to let me know that the result was fine and my Obs would call me in a few days to go through it with me. So yay! no GD and I'm very happy about that. Now to just keep an eye on my BP and make sure that it stays where it should.

:)

Congrats Poppie, awesome that you've passed.

I really, really hope I pass this two hour test. I'm not eating anything sweet today or tomorrow and they should get accurate results from the fasting anyway.

Thanks for the tip re water Sass. My MW office told me no food after 12 pm but nothing about water. Can you still drink it right up until you take the test?

I wasn't allowed anything after midnight which was really like 9 when I went to bed. No food or water. They had to give me some water at my second blood draw (1hr after drink) as I nearly passed out.

My MW specifically said to drink water as normal before the test, but not during. Helped just a wee bit as I didn't faint compared with my experience with DS.

Congrats Poppie.

Anyone else suffering from SPD? It's agonising to shift positions while lying down.

Thanks for the insight Ladies, very helpful.

Kyla, my MW office recommended having a late night snack for that very reason. It's a long time to go without eating when you're pregnant...

I so was not waking up for a snack haha. My sleep is too precious lol. But knowing how I felt and nearly passing out it was freaky so if there's a next time I'll probably wake myself up for a five course meal!

Poppie, hope you pass!!!

Hope everyone had a lovely mommy's day!

Sass, that's no fun!

Today was a lot better than I thought it would be. Got some great gifts from my mom! 2 nursing tank tops, big box of disposable breast pads, lanolin cream, stretch mark cream, burts bees baby wash, pack of Carter's size 6m onesies, 2 pairs of Carter's size 6m pants, and a 4-pack of 0-3m socks. And a new tote bag! Was very happy that she did that for me!

We did brunch with my mom, sister, etc. then went to my husband's family for a few minutes before realizing his sister also invited a bunch of people I can't stand, so we left. We had his mom and oldest sister around for a movie and cake.

My oldest SIL is having her baby boy this upcoming Wednesday via csection. I asked if she had her bags packed and she said no, that she didn't realize she needed to take anything for herself. I'm like uhhh yeah, you need clothes and stuff. And this is her 2nd child. Odd.

Did u have your 3 hour test hun wanted to know how was it and did u get the result ??

Thanks for the insight Ladies, very helpful.

Kyla, my MW office recommended having a late night snack for that very reason. It's a long time to go without eating when you're pregnant...

Tanks a lot mrs Eddie!! And m sure you are gonna pass with flying colors for sure the last test result was because of what you ate and this one is less confusing as you have to fast so no confusion on what to eat and what not

You surely gonna pass hun! Fx!!!!

Thanks ladies! He hasn't taken it further so I'm not going to either.

Threw up all night. But made it through the night after 9:30pm. I didn't sleep at all though and I had BH contractions around 3:30am. I'm sure because I'm dehydrated. Oliver still won't stop kicking me. He was up all night too.

Hope you are doing fine hun just make sure you keep drinking water so to avoid dehydration. As BH is definitely due to not drinking enuf fluids!!

Well my baby is kicking me all the time these days from last week and has definitely made my tummy his playground lol I luv to see him playing so much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->