**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Ladies I hope you all pass! I'm currently at the lab for my 3-hour. The drink was disgusting and I'm starting to get a headache. I'm so hungry right now! Had to drive myself here unfortunately bc hubby is home with our daughter and the boy I babysit will be there before I get back home. Ugh.

That sounds crap! I hope the rest of your day won't be too bad.

1 hour 15 mins left!!! I have my 3rd blood draw in 15 mins then my 4th at 12:30. Headache and shakes are gone. I'm trying to decide what to get for lunch later lol

Wore these cute capri length pants today and realized I don't think I've shaved my legs in a couple weeks! So embarrassing lol

Glad you're almost done Greats, good luck with it, I'm sure you'll pass.

And :rofl: at your capri pants comment. I'm sure no one else would notice...

So the good lucks really worked guys I passed my one hour test yay!! Initially I thought I'll wait till Monday but then I was like why wait what if they have got the result already and yyayyyyyyyy I called and she was like u got 126 the cut off is 140 so get ur self a good treat!! I was like wow really as I was totally planning to go for 3 hr one
It's a relief indeed and , sure the tree hours one is really pathetic but the result is gonna give all the relief guys !!

Hubby and i already planning an evening out today on the result ��
So a Godiva icecream treat a must now!!

Yay congrats on passing Pearly! That's got to be a relief. :)

I hope you pass too greats. Not too long now before it's over and you can treat yourself!

Good luck to those who are due for the glucose test, too! I don't think I'm too far off from that myself here so I'll probably be doing that soon. Fun times. :haha:

DH had an interesting idea. My relatives are throwing a ladies-only shower, but most of my closer friends are guys. He's off the same day as the shower, so we were wondering about having the shower mid-afternoon and then later that night having a dinner out (like a super casual shower) with the guys. It'd be a long day but I think we'd have a lot of fun! :)

Maggs that's really rude. People are so annoying. Like someone said earlier being pregnant just gives everyone around them a free card to say what they want and give their unwanted advice. I won't miss that part of pregnancy.

Oh and yes on the ice cubes! I used to hate ice water because I have sensitive teeth but I'm always wanting to crunch on it now.

Yay pearly! And good luck greats. I noticed you had the fruit punch drink and that's what kind they gave me to drink for my 28 week appt :(. She said it's the one people said tasted that best so now I'm scared lol.

So this might be random but my real dad got a hold of me today and we haven't spoken in 10+ years (long story). He texted me so I replied and asked him to email me. Kind of weird.

Finally got my massage today and it was great. My therapist is pregnant too so we had fun chatting about our miseries lol. Got lunch with DH after so that was nice too.

Pearly I'm so glad you passed!!!

Lavender, that actually sounds like an awesome idea!

MrsH, that's really odd about your dad. Does he know you're pregnant? How do you feel about him contacting you? And glad you got your massage! I really need to go get one asap!

Already vented on the fb group about my babysitting troubles, so I'll vent in here.

My husband is completely ruining my mother's day weekend. Apparently the world revolves around him and his wants and that's it. Already tight on cash until Monday thanks to the one mom not paying me for babysitting, we can't even afford for me to get the makeup I wanted for Mother's Day. Yet dh sits here and complains how he can't get a haircut this weekend. Seriously? I would LOVE to get a haircut! Not my fault he grew it out weird and after his coworkers saying something he wants it cut.

Then he complains how he has to clean. Then I ask nicely if he could cook dinner so that I can relax, and it's the end of the world that he has to cook some pasta. He spills something while cleaning and screams and blames me instead of grabbing a towel to clean it up. I tell him to go grab a towel, he slams the bathroom door shut and breaks the entire door frame. Mind you we live in a rental so now we need to replace the entire door frame out of our own pockets.

He doesn't even apologize for the way he's been acting all day.

I told him to go stay at his mom's house if he's going to continue acting this way.

I'm so upset.

Aww greats. I'm sorry he's a meanie--ok jerk. Not fair. Hope he realizes how inconsiderate he is being. Of all weekends. This is your weekend. Hope it gets better

My test wasnt too bad yesterday, ended up having a total of 8 vials of blood taken as my Obs had ordered other tests in there as well. The drink went down easier than i remember last time, probably because the lady wasn't making me drink it really quick. I think the first hour was the longest, then didnt seem to be as long for the 2nd hour. Felt fine afterwards. Had lots of water and a snack then we went out for lunch. I was pretty hungry by then though. Fingers crossed my results are fine, I guess I'll hear in a day or two.

Glad to hear everyone seems to be getting good results for theirs too.

Wishing you all a Happy Mother's Day as well (we celebrate it today in here in Australia).

x

Happy Mother's Day all greats so sorry hun hope ur hubby understands it's about you not him

Poppie bug good luck hun fx for ur result!!

Happy Mother's Day, ladies!!! :flower:

greats, sorry the DH is being a putz. Hope it's gotten better, hun! :hugs:

Poppie, hope you get passing results on the test!

Happy Mother's Day ladies!

Greats...I hope your hubby sees some sense! He's being a royal pain. He needs to remember Father's Day is just around the corner.

I really hate these stupid glucose tests. Garbage I tell you. Garbage!
Hope your day got better greats. DH and I got into it really bad Saturday night over his mom moving to our town (long story) and this morning he left for a trip for a week, so great moms day for me too. Xxx

Poppie, hope you pass!!!

Hope everyone had a lovely mommy's day!

Sass, that's no fun!

Today was a lot better than I thought it would be. Got some great gifts from my mom! 2 nursing tank tops, big box of disposable breast pads, lanolin cream, stretch mark cream, burts bees baby wash, pack of Carter's size 6m onesies, 2 pairs of Carter's size 6m pants, and a 4-pack of 0-3m socks. And a new tote bag! Was very happy that she did that for me!

We did brunch with my mom, sister, etc. then went to my husband's family for a few minutes before realizing his sister also invited a bunch of people I can't stand, so we left. We had his mom and oldest sister around for a movie and cake.

My oldest SIL is having her baby boy this upcoming Wednesday via csection. I asked if she had her bags packed and she said no, that she didn't realize she needed to take anything for herself. I'm like uhhh yeah, you need clothes and stuff. And this is her 2nd child. Odd.

Sass, Totally agree! I hate these tests! I'm sure they are designed by some male or a woman who has never been pregnant.

Had mine today, was rough, cause I didn't get to sleep last night as I was so anxious. Then, I decided to take a bus instead of driving to save on parking costs. Found out that the bus stop where I was supposed to catch my connecting bus was being rennovated, hence the bus didn't stop and had to walk in the rain for half an hour. So, there was I, no sleep, no food, and shivering like hell for the 3 hour test. A couple of minutes after I downed the drink, I had to go to the loo, and had a very bad diarrhea.. TWICE. By the time, I finished my test, my arms have been stabbed several times because i was already soo badly dehydrated that my veins were already hiding away from the needle.

Anyway, can you believe that I had a worse time during my 1st pregnancy, when I almost got admitted to the ER after the test?? Ironically, I passed the test with flying colours, it was just that my stomach was sensititive to sugary drinks when empty.

Good thing, DH is lovely and let me sleep after the test and took care of our son. They went to the mall, bought me a gift for mum's day, which turned out to be a bag of chocolates.. Ewwww.. No way I would like to eat anything sweet for the next couple of days. :haha:

Congrats Pearly on passing; that is awesome news!

I hope you pass as well Lian and glad that your test wasn't too bad Poppie!

Greats, I'm glad your weekend improved, sounds like your husband was being a total baby. So happy that you were still able to go out to brunch.

I agree Sass, these stupid glucose tests are total garbage, look at all the people initially failing and then passing :growlmad: Should have listened to my MW and never took the stupid thing...

And Happy Belated Mother's Day Ladies :flower: I had a really great day with DH and Isla, hope you all did as well!

Those tests sound horrid. Does everyone have one in the US? It seems like a lot of you have had them. I'm lucky not to need it I guess!

Happy belated mothers day to those celebrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->