**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

I wasn't allowed water during my 3-hour. I took a couple tiny sips though bc I was dying! Lol

MrsH, I hope you're feeling better!

So exhausted from school but I just finished another class tonight! 2 more finals next week and I'm done for the semester, thank goodness!

My SIL had her baby boy via c section this morning... 6lb 6oz and 19" long! Definitely a lot smaller than her first son who was 10lbs and 23" at birth lol

I'll have to ask them about water, I'll likely bring some with me as that seems to be a long time to go without drinking, though I'm only doing a 2 hour test....

Congrats on the birth of your new nephew Greats. I can't believe your SIL's first baby was 10 lbs, YIKES!!!! And good for you for almost being done school, the end is so near for you! I just started my course but the workload is pretty easy and it's all correspondence so I should be OK.

Thanks Pearly, I really hope I pass too...Also awesome that you can feel baby boy moving around more now. I find Ethan is already starting to hurt me with his kicks and punches.

Kyla, I usually go to bed around 10 or 10:30 so I'll just have a snack around then. I hear you on not wanting to lose a moment of precious sleep. :haha:

Did my two hour glucose test today and survived.

Was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I felt mostly OK during the entire thing, just tired now.

We have a long weekend here and I'm off today and Tuesday so no work until Wednesday :happydance: Looking forward to a relaxing weekend with yoga, a few play dates and getting our garden done. Also, will be going through all our baby stuff to figure out what we need to get and start getting organized...

Yayy the two hour is done fx hun for u!!

Greats many congrats on your SIL's baby
How was ur glucose result did U get it??

I must have had a 24 hour bug because I was fine after that! Tired but fine.

For my glucose test they told me to eat as I normally do but avoid sugars. Then 45 minutes before my appointment I have to stop eating and as soon as I get in they'll do blood. My appointment isn't until 3:45 on the 26th so I think I'll be fine. But it's also a one hour test.

Congrats on being an aunty greats!

I will check back with you ladies on Wednesday. OH and I are off to our babymoon I'm Disney tomorrow!! Just a few days we will be back Wednesday, but so excited!

Have fun Kylas! So jealous!

Pearly, yes I passed the 3-hour! Sorry I posted in the fb group but totally forgot about in here! All my numbers were in the 70s and 80s and the cut offs were like 130-140 lol

MrsH, I'm glad you're feeling better!

Eddie, that's awesome! Enjoy your time off!

Rylee is at my mom's for the entire weekend. Toddler free, woohoo! Also not babysitting at all this weekend. We went out to dinner tonight, cleaning and organizing all day tomorrow, then having one more date night before we pick up Rylee on Sunday. Definitely needed!

Kylas awesome to Disney wowwww

We are planning this Memorial Day weekend for baby moon haven't decided the place yet Letsc

Greats many many congrats hun yayyyyy

Mrs Hudson good luck for your glucose test hun

Kylas... Have a fab holiday!

Congrats on being an auntie Greats!

I've had DH haul down the baby stuff from the attic so I could take note of anything we need. Jack's running around oohing and aahing over the teeny tiny baby things. I hope he feels this cute about it in 3 months time.

Aw, thats sweet Maggs. My 3 year old keeps asking for baby's socks to look at. He likes them because they're little.

Haha Rylee is obsessed with the baby bath tub... she thinks it's a seat and she sits in it. Lol

So many good things all around! Love hearing this from all you girls.

And Dylan's obsessed with the bouncer seat so much I'm afraid she might break it. Fortunately she's only 23 lbs so I'm hoping it's ok if she's not too rough.
Congrats on the nephew greats! Is he checking out ok? 6-6 is small compared to 10 but still such a great size. I think I was 6-1 and my brother was 6, both full term.

Definitely lots of good things going on in here!

So dh went and saw Max Max and it was really good. I just want to warn you, you may not want to see it while pregnant. Well just say it involves pregnant women and I cried about 10 times. Then the whole post apocalyptic theme got to me and I was crying my eyes out in the car about "how we take our lives for granted". Damn hormones!!!!

How is everyone holding up. We are all in the last home stretch or getting there. I notices I am in the double digits now and not the triple. It is going by so fast.

Hi princess! My daughter has the same car seat as your son! Lol

Been nesting like CRAZY! I literally can't stop cleaning, it's driving dh nuts. Between bedding and clothes and towels, I've done 8 loads of wash now.

I have a final exam tomorrow night and another Wednesday morning, then I'm done for the semester! Potty training the girl I babysit, she's doing very well. I am starting Rylee on Thursday. Wish me luck! Lol

Did so much on Saturday night that I started going into preterm labor. I chugged a ton of water and laid on my left side, and the contractions eventually died off after a couple hours.

Hi princess! My daughter has the same car seat as your son! Lol

Been nesting like CRAZY! I literally can't stop cleaning, it's driving dh nuts. Between bedding and clothes and towels, I've done 8 loads of wash now.

I have a final exam tomorrow night and another Wednesday morning, then I'm done for the semester! Potty training the girl I babysit, she's doing very well. I am starting Rylee on Thursday. Wish me luck! Lol

Did so much on Saturday night that I started going into preterm labor. I chugged a ton of water and laid on my left side, and the contractions eventually died off after a couple hours.

Wow you have been pretty busy. Keep that baby in as long as possible, and take it easy. I am hoping to potty train my son when he turns 2 but I am not rushing him, he will let me know when he is ready. I can't tell you how many baby clothes I have washed since I found out we are having a girl this time around. I am not fully in the nesting stage yet. I have been so exhausted.

I feel a little guilty that I've taken a nesting break. I've been focusing on my garden with the slight amount of free time and energy I've had. I'm just so sleepy!
Ok, let's get down on this potty training convo. I'd love to have dd trained by August, but I'm scáred shell rebel and it will become a control issue. What method are you using?

Honestly, I'm planning on just having her wear a long shirt all day with nothing underneath, and sitting her on the potty every 20 mins. Everyone keeps telling me it should only take 3 days to get the hang of it, and then you fine-tune it after that.

My mommy friends all said it took 3-4 days. They said it's very exhausting, but to not give up.

I think my biggest problem is Rylee doesn't drink that much during the day. I literally have to beg her to drink some juice and she only has 3 wet diapers a day. So we may just sit on the potty every 40 mins or so. She loves to sit on the potty, but has never went pee or poop before so she has no connection, yet. That's my main goal by this weekend.

Ugh ladies, if it isn't one thing it's always another! So I live in an apartment building. I'm a clean freak, so I'm constantly disinfecting something. Anyways, ever since this new family moved into the apartment above us, we've been getting these little ants everywhere! They're coming in from the base boards. Like no matter how much I vacuum the carpets, sweep/mop the kitchen & bathroom, spray bleach spray or Lysol disinfectant, they keep coming! I'm getting so grossed out & fed up. I was in tears this morning bc I can't make them go away. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->