**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Born 66 days early at 30+4, the triplets arrived this morning. They're in NICU and are ventilated, but at this stage are doing as well as expected.

Alec Henry, born at 09:51 weighing 3lb 2oz, Lydia Annalise, born at 09:54 weighing 2lb 7oz and Heidi Lucia, born at 09:56 weighing 2lb 4oz.

Congrats mama! Glad they are all doing well! Will add our first births to the front page!

Born 66 days early at 30+4, the triplets arrived this morning. They're in NICU and are ventilated, but at this stage are doing as well as expected.

Alec Henry, born at 09:51 weighing 3lb 2oz, Lydia Annalise, born at 09:54 weighing 2lb 7oz and Heidi Lucia, born at 09:56 weighing 2lb 4oz.

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures of your 3 bundles of joy! Hope they continue doing well and will be thinking of you guys!

Mrs Eddie wow thanks a tonn hun I would say what a wonderful elaboration of your experience and its indeed sending lots f positive thoughts my way

Our body indeed is made to do and need to trust and be calm is the key I guess which I hope I remember when my time comes lol

But many many thanks for giving all the details your note is worth reading!!:hugs!!

My insurance covers midwife but I have no clue how to approach one I mean I have ob gyn to whom I go for regular checkup so shall I ask my OB gyn about midwife cuz the idea of having midwife around sounds really good

Amelia thanks a lot reading thru the experiences gives lots of support and strength :hugs

Jo77 Massive congratulations !!triplets wowwww I can imagine the excitement
As I am also one of the triplets I feel like giving my mom a standing ovation every time I realize I am pregnant cuz carrying three is indeed incredible

Congrats Jo! How are you feeling? I hope the stay in the NICU is brief and free of complications!

Super congrats Jo! Such a feat to make it so far with triplets! Great job!

Congratulations Jo77 on the arrival of your precious 3 babies. Looking forward to hearing more about their progress. x

Congratulations Jo77!! I hope their stay in the nicu will be short and go smoothly.

My birth plan will probably follow similarly to my first birth. The only thing they did was cut the cord fairly soon but I want them to delay this. I'd asked for that last time but I'll make sure DH says something too. I made the mistake last time of sitting on the birth pool too early too and my labour stalled so I need to walk more and I'll probably go again for the bare minimum of pain relief. Hopefully just gas and air. I'm terrified of an epidural and managed the first without so hopefully I'll manage this time too. I told DH that if I ask for one, I'm desperate. Also want the usual skin to skin and baby to latch on as soon as possible.

It's quite possible I'll labour alone too. My parents are coming at 40+5 but Jack was a few days early and I have a feeling this will be the same. We have friends to mind Jack but I'm upset at the thought of him being there for potentially 24 hrs so I'll probably send DH to take him home. Funny how priorities change with the 2nd.

Had my 28 week check at the midwife yesterday. All fairly similar to first pregnancy. Bp a little low, measuring a week behind but shock of all shock, he's head down now! He turned in the last few weeks since my scan and I never even noticed!

Triple congrats Jo77. Those weights are fab! hoping u can get some rest and they all sleep at the same time.

Maggs, I thinking moving aroubd helps. Though, I'm guilty of having zero formal exercise this time around, as I'm just swamped with studies and taking care of my boy..

NP at all Pearly, I'm glad that you found it helpful. Honestly no matter what happens during your labor the end result will be your baby, which is the best result anyone could hope for!

If you are interested in using a midwife you could talk to you OB and see if they would refer you to someone.

Maggs and Lian, I agree, moving around during labour was definitely very helpful to me! And I agree it is definitely different the second time around re priorities; I am trying to figure out if I want Isla to be present for the birth or not, (I don't want her to be frightened by seeing me in pain)...

Hi ladies,

Hope all is well with everyone! I seem to be battling my first ever yeast infection so just started monistat 7 tonight. So gross! Cutting out all sugar and most dairy for the next week as well. Anything to get this itching and burning nonsense to stop!

Planning my final shopping trip in 2 weeks. Going to get the rest of my baby stuff (swaddle sleep sack, gas drops, infant Tylenol, Vaseline, etc.) as well as get a few boxes of diapers and wipes to have a little stock pile. Also going to buy some new tank tops/camis that I can pack in my hospital bag to use as my new breastfeeding attire.

Is anyone getting a movement monitor for baby? I really want to get the Levana Oma, but I'm on the fence. I didn't have a movement monitor with Rylee, but looking back I remember becoming super paranoid about her breathing that I would constantly wake up just to check on her. It's in my budget, but undecided. Thoughts?

Also, happy 31 weeks to me! It's crunch time!

I don't intend to get one. I'll have a co sleeper and I'll probably have a hand on him all night. We didn't even have a regular baby monitor either because he napped downstairs until he was 1 at least. Either on me or his Moses basket when he was little.

My brother and sister in law arrived yesterday for a visit with us so I plan to do all that stuff after they leave. Cupboards and freezer stocked up and bags packed. All we have left to buy is a few newborn sleepers, a car seat and the co sleeper.

Just tried sleeping in the bed last night and after being awake every half an hr to roll over and completely in agony by 3am, I moved to the couch. Just can't sleep in bed anymore. Been on the couch for weeks now.

We are definitely getting one! We have the angel care on one of our registries. But lately I've been thinking about getting another one too. The angel care will only be useable when she's in her crib as it has to be under the mattress so we need something for when she's in our room until she "graduates" to her own bed.

I used to nanny a set of twins. One morning I got a call that one was rushed to the hospital before I got there. He had stopped breathing at some point during the night of an undiagnosed heart problem and passed away. He was 7 months old. After that their parents got a monitor for his brother. After that experience I will not be taking any chances. They had the angelcare one we registered for so I have experience using it.

That's so sad Kyla.

I didn't get one originally with my son but he went into respiratory arrest whilst in hospital when he was four weeks old so after that we used an angcare one at home and kept him in his crib at night.

I think you can get ones that clip onto clothes/nappies. Snuza possibly? I hadn't heard of that at the time though.

Yeah I've been looking into one of those as well. Seems like a pain that it had to be clipped onto their diaper. I don't know many babies who just sleep in a diaper with nothing else on so I'm not sure how that would all work with clothes and whatnot.

We have an Angelcare monitor with sensor pads that we had with DS1. We only used the pads once he went into his cot as he slept in his bassinet next to us until about 5 months and naps were out where we were when he was little. I must admit I'd wake in the night often to listen to hear him breathe, but he was a bit of a grunter too so I mostly knew he was ok. You do get a heck of a fright if these alarm goes off and wakes you, the few times it happened with us it was false alarm (thank goodness), I think the sensitivity was set wrong, but it does get you going! Better safe than sorry though.

Yeah the Levana Oma is the Snuza, just a different name/company who owns it now. I like the idea of the Levana because I can take it anywhere like if I visit my mom who lives 1.5 hours away. I think I'm going to buy it. I have a 20% off coupon for BuyBuyBaby that I can use it on so it'll only be $80. And Kylas, that's terrifying to hear about one of the twins. That in itself just sold me on a movement monitor!

Maggs, I didn't even think of stocking up my cupboards and freezer! I just added that task to my list, so thank you!

I have a coupon for them too. Maybe I should get one from there. Can't pass up a discount ;)

Home cooked food in the freezer was a Godsend last time - it really was the only homecooked food we ate for ages! The rest was takeaways and convenience food

I love anything discounted haha

Amelia, definitely! We lived off take out food forever after Rylee was born. Such a waste of money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->