**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

I still haven't decided between Angel Care and Levana Oma...after reading these maybe I should just get both ;)

Hi ladies!

I haven't been on here in ages but I just wanted to chime in about the baby monitors...we had the Snuza with our first and it was great cause she didn't always sleep in her crib. She got sick at 7 weeks and we had to put her in an inclined bassinet (the rock and play) as she had trouble sleeping/breathing on a flat surface. The Snuza gave us peace of mind as incline sleeping is stressful in itself! We also used it if she fell asleep in the main living area. We'd clip it to her diaper and then swaddle her and it worked just fine. We only had a handful of false alarms.

We had the angel care with the sensor pads set up in her crib but we found it to give us a ton of false alarms which was frustrating. Maybe they've improved on the technology since we used it in 2013. But just thought I'd share my two cents.

Good luck to you all! And congrats to jo on the triplets!

I really miss you all :( do you think I could rejoin the fb group??

I know I am not due in august anymore bc I lost him. but boy I just feel weird in all the january groups.

That's horribly sad Kyla!

I might do some research into them, not decided yet. I do hear about these false alarms that happen and that makes me nervous. I wonder if it would just increase my anxiety.

My bro and sil are here from Canada so I'll only be on sporadically. Jack is loving having company and all the extra attention :)

We had angelcare and didn't get any false alarms until he was about 1 year old (and started sleeping in odd positions with all his weight against the bars instead of the mattress).
You can adjust the sensitivity.

And I just went way back and realized I missed a whole bunch of posts to me. Sorry about that. And I am almost 8 weeks now. Things are going well so far.

Two busy weekends in a row, first camping for Memorial Day weekend and then this past weekend we went 2hrs away for a Rolling Stones concert! Camping was laid back, but not sleeping well takes it's toll, and then at the concert, we went with a group and the couple that lived in that city kept saying oh, lets go here, lets go there, and we walked everywhere... We took a taxi from the hotel to a sports bar, but walked from the bar to the stadium, then up 14 flights of stairs at the stadium! I thought I was going to die, I told DH never ever again would someone else be in charge of buying the tickets! And then afterwards, they said lets go eat at another bar (it was really late, most normal restraunts were closed anyway), they picked one that they said was close and I swear, we walked forever... By the time we got there, I told DH that I didn't care what everyone else did, we were getting a taxi back NOW. Everyone ended up coming with us anyway, as the taxi took ten min to arrive and the bar was basically standing room only. This morning, out of curiosity, I mapped the route with my gps and it was a mile from the stadium to the bar that they said was 'really close'. :wacko:

Born 66 days early at 30+4, the triplets arrived this morning. They're in NICU and are ventilated, but at this stage are doing as well as expected.

Alec Henry, born at 09:51 weighing 3lb 2oz, Lydia Annalise, born at 09:54 weighing 2lb 7oz and Heidi Lucia, born at 09:56 weighing 2lb 4oz.
Congrats, Jo!

Haven't had much time to get on here in the past couple of days. Just wanted to quickly update that I had an appointment with my midwife yesterday and I passed the two hour glucose test with flying colours; my sugars were well within the normal range. If I ever get pregnant again will NOT be taking that stupid 1 hour test :growlmad:

Also, Ethan is head down (I hope he stays that way) and I'm measuring right on track.

I will try to get back on here this afternoon and catch up; hope everyone is well! :flower:

Last monthly OB appointment yesterday. Now every 2 weeks. Doctor said bc of the intense pain I'm having I likely have a tear in my pubic symphysis and it isn't likely to get better. Oh joy.....she told me to rest as much as possible so it doesn't get works every and to keep my feet up as there's lots of fluid in my legs. But then told me to move around too so idk how that's all gonna workout.
Luckily I work for my mom so she's banished me to the couch with my legs up. Not even been an hour and I'm already bored lol.

Just quickly caught up...

Maggs, hope you have a lovely visit with your brother and SIL!

Greats, making stuff ahead of time and freezing it is definitely the way to go! We did that last time. We also had my Mom stay with us for two weeks and she did all of the cooking and grocery shopping which was amazing. Friends also brought food for us when they came to visit which was nice; we barely did any ordering in after Isla was born :thumbup:

We just had a normal Graco monitor, (not even a video one). She was always near by us when she slept though for the first 6 months of her life. I also checked on her when she wasn't in our room to make sure she was OK. With our monitor I can actually hear her breathing so I always felt reassured by that and if she cried out I went to her.

One of my friends had twins who were in the NICU for months and was going to get the Angelcare monitor but the nurses actually advised against it; I think it was because a lot of people had false alarms with it and there was something to do with the wires on the pad or something (I can't remember all the details). This was three years ago now so newer models might be improved...That is a terrible story about the twins you watched Kyla :cry:

Kyla, hope you feel better, take advantage of the opportunity to rest when you can!

We had a busy weekend away visiting friends and family. Got to visit with one of my best friends and her new baby daughter. She is so cute and made me very excited to have little Ethan. Was also interesting watching Isla interact with baby (she did really well) and watching my friend's older son and how he's handling being a big brother (her kids have the exact age difference that Isla and Ethan will have). Apparently, he's been acting up a lot to get extra attention; I totally expect Isla will be the same. We made sure to bring a present for him and baby girl so he wouldn't feel left out...

Also, leant her some baby girl clothes, am happy that they will get some more use!

I really miss you all :( do you think I could rejoin the fb group??

I know I am not due in august anymore bc I lost him. but boy I just feel weird in all the january groups.

If you haven't already, I'm going to say come on back!

2kids, of course you can join! Another lady who had a loss rejoined a few weeks ago :)

Afm, I feel so yucky. I woke up at 5am with some period-like cramping (not painful at all, just that weird periody feeling) all over my bump and back. I've been nauseous all day long. I feel like I'm constipated but I've gone twice already today, so no idea what's going on? No stomach tightenings so don't think it's labor or anything. Been drinking water all day, baby is moving fine. So lost!

Tomorrow is mine and my husband's anniversary! 12 years since we started dating and 3 years since we got married. He took tomorrow off work and has Thursday off as well, so he gets to help me babysit lol We are planning a nice dinner out on the 14th so I'm looking forward to that!

I'm awake stupid early too. Bloody pregnancy insomnia. I sleep great till about 4:30/5am then after that it all goes to shit. Am exhausted but just lie awake. And now I'm hungry so debating getting a snack and trying to nod back off for an hr. No doubt Jack will be up by that time anyway.

Update: in labor and delivery right now. Laid down for bed and got 18 contractions in under an hour. I have a bad UTI so they pumped me with antibiotics and gave me a shot to stop my contractions. Still in labor & delivery now getting monitored. Have only had one contraction in the last 45 mins now. Still having period like cramps and lower back aches a little. Just waiting for my doctor to get here and check me. It's 3am and I'm exhausted.

Take care Greats! I hope they can slow things down.

All is well, baby is totally fine, not dilated at all and cervix is still high up. Had no idea I had a UTI as I've had no symptoms besides a yeast infection that's gone now. Super exhausted and my bump and hips are sore. But the anti-contraction shot worked wonders and haven't had a contraction since about 3am.

Great news greats! Must have been quite a scare.

I've had utis in both pregnancies with no symptoms. Just picked up at routine urine tests.

Yeah I had a urine test done just last week and it was fine, so this one developed in the past week out of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->