**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

I was on the pill for years before DS#1 which I loved as it was great for my skin, but I had weight issues. After we had him we just used condoms and I was able to actually finally lose some weight, so I am really not wanting to go back on the pill after this baby. DH thinks I should as we don't want any more for the time being at least (probably done after this one). He would probably get the snip one day but not volunteering any time soon!

Oh greats, I feel your pain. I also look after children in my home and at the moment I have a few who are toilet trained, and have been for awhile, that are now having random accidents! Pee on the rug this morning!! Sigh!! 2 weeks (6 actual working days) until I'm on leave. Then it'll just be my little boy to run after, thank goodness.

I wish I would have saved up for leave, but I'll be babysitting until I go into labor. Just figure I'm at home with dd#1 anyways so what's a couple extra kids and a few hundred dollars a week. Only taking 2 weeks off after birth so I can recover down there, but we'll see.

Oh you are Wonder Woman! I'm taking off until January. We are lucky to have a paid parental scheme through the government so it means that even though I own my own business (I normally don't get paid if I don't work) they will pay 18 weeks leave at minimum wage. We can't really afford to have me out of work that long but it doesn't make any sense to start back before Christmas anyway so we will have to manage.

Exciting that you'll be trying for number 3 in 2017 Greats. Part of me is still unsure if I'm done having kids or not, which is why I want DH to wait before we make the final decision re the vasectomy.

I think my DH is almost 100% sure he is done so have to be respectful of that I suppose :winkwink:

I hate all hormonal birth control and refuse to ever go on it again which is the reason why DH agreed to a vasectomy.

Thanks Mummabunny2 and mrs Eddie, I had only once YI when I was ttcing but it went away in its own used vagisil then once or twice since then I have never had any but this one m. Not even sure if it's the same thing or caused due to over cleaning the area which I like a moron did don't knw why lol

I am not having a itching or any discomfort so far so may be ill wait till Monday as they are not even picking up my phone and will do minimum intervention if I still experience anything will get my appointment shifted from Thursday to Tuesday

Regarding birth control one of my friend went for hormone free paraguard which she said she dint have any issue as of now as she wanted to go for something hormone free the only downside which doc said u might get a little heavier periods and may experience some spotting

Mummabunny - did u go for the same thing?

Not sure what you're referring to Pearly, as far as what I was going for? (Sorry, I'm easily confused more so lately) I've been to my doctor for both YI and BV, numerous times, and have received Rx medicine that always worked wonderfully as over the counter stuff never did :nope: Fortunately I havn't had any issues like that for nearly a year {knock on wood}. I went to my doc years ago for Paraguard IUD but had a lot of spotting each month that was super annoying. I haven't talked to my doctor about any BC options yet but plan to soon just to prepare myself.

Having lunch w dd right now and every time I'm silly she says, " mommy's scary." This must be a two year old thing. She's been experimenting with playing shy, being "scared" and acting like a little diva. It's pretty funny except when DH feeds into the diva stuff. It worries me that she'll turn into a monster.
So I'm joining the pain club as well. Hips hurt so much at night from sleeping on them. Cramps and rlp are back. I can feel crotch punch creeping up. Thinking of going to get a support belt. Got the ball out yesterday so hoping that might help some.

I feel like I can relax a bit now. Nursery is done (except for the glider which is 2hrs away at OHs parents. Why they didn't ship it here idk. And the letters of her name for above her crib) and we just finished building the travel system, pack-n-play and the rock-n-play. Nothing left to build until we get the glider. Still need to pack my and OHs bags for the hospital, but Ashlyns diaper bag is done. Have some more shopping to do as well for some more stuff we need, but for the most part we are good to go.

Have a 60 minute prenatal massage with a 30 minute foot massage after tonight. 90 minutes of pure pampering thanks to OH :). Can't wait!

Sass, Rylee does the same exact thing! Lol they're just working on expressing themselves.

I've been bouncing on my yoga ball for a few days now. I should do longer than 20 mins though each time. At the end of the day I definitely feel like I need a support belt.

I'm getting so anxious for this baby's arrival! Just a couple weeks away from being considered "term" and I feel like I'm not ready even though I am. I have nothing else to do except keep up with the house work and put the bassinet piece back in my travel lite pack n play.

Feeling very frustrated with my state's government... I live in Illinois and if our governor and congress can't agree on a state budget by the last day of this month, then no government employees will be paid for the entire month of July. My husband is a government worker and there's no way we can survive if he doesn't get his 2 pay checks next month! I'm starting to panic because we have very little in savings and will have to borrow from my family if this happens. I hate my state, and we are very seriously considering moving out west in a few years.

I feel like I can relax a bit now. Nursery is done (except for the glider which is 2hrs away at OHs parents. Why they didn't ship it here idk. And the letters of her name for above her crib) and we just finished building the travel system, pack-n-play and the rock-n-play. Nothing left to build until we get the glider. Still need to pack my and OHs bags for the hospital, but Ashlyns diaper bag is done. Have some more shopping to do as well for some more stuff we need, but for the most part we are good to go.

Have a 60 minute prenatal massage with a 30 minute foot massage after tonight. 90 minutes of pure pampering thanks to OH :). Can't wait!

Omg I want a massage so badly!!! Have fun!

Ugh Kylas I'm so jealous! I don't care for massages but lately I've been wanting one (or two or three) badly!

Interesting Sass and Greats, it must be a 2 yo thing. Isla is definitely doing a lot more imaginative play and verbalizing like crazy right now. She is also having epic meltdowns now if things don't go her way. The fan still freaks her out but it's almost like she's exaggerating how afraid of it she is so we'll give her extra attention (if that makes sense). She'll be fine playing in her room with the fan on for awhile and then all of a sudden she'll be asking to come up because of "ceiling fan."

Oh and I love sitting on the yoga ball, helps with sciatic pain and most comfortable way for me to sit right now :thumbup:

Greats, I hope your DH gets paid soon, sounds stressful.

Kyla you are way more organized than me, don't feel like we are anywhere near ready for this baby to arrive yet...

Thanks Mummabunny2 and mrs Eddie, I had only once YI when I was ttcing but it went away in its own used vagisil then once or twice since then I have never had any but this one m. Not even sure if it's the same thing or caused due to over cleaning the area which I like a moron did don't knw why lol

I am not having a itching or any discomfort so far so may be ill wait till Monday as they are not even picking up my phone and will do minimum intervention if I still experience anything will get my appointment shifted from Thursday to Tuesday

Regarding birth control one of my friend went for hormone free paraguard which she said she dint have any issue as of now as she wanted to go for something hormone free the only downside which doc said u might get a little heavier periods and may experience some spotting

Mummabunny - did u go for the same thing?

Not sure what you're referring to Pearly, as far as what I was going for? (Sorry, I'm easily confused more so lately) I've been to my doctor for both YI and BV, numerous times, and have received Rx medicine that always worked wonderfully as over the counter stuff never did :nope: Fortunately I havn't had any issues like that for nearly a year {knock on wood}. I went to my doc years ago for Paraguard IUD but had a lot of spotting each month that was super annoying. I haven't talked to my doctor about any BC options yet but plan to soon just to prepare myself.

Thanks Mummabunny that pretty much explained everything I wanted to knw dnt wry :flower:

So paraguard IUD is something which I am not hearing much great things about , may be we will stick to condoms as with all the cycle changes during ttc I am done with anything else , more messing around with my cycles

Wow Kylas the massage sounds so great enjoy!!!

I ordered a pregnancy belt and also belly bandit bamboo for post pregnancy in size s
So excited to get them although m not having any pains but surely soon I'll need pregnancy belt so how often to wear the belt??

Also has anyone experienced a click sound in pelvic when lying and turning firm one side to other?? This I usually hear in the night when I get up from deep sleep lying on one side and plan to change to other. It's just a click no pain

For bc after dd1 I started the mini pill at 6 weeks and stayed on it til our move was over. Went off and conceived one cycle later. Was a little silly though cause DH and I didn't really Dtd for 6 months and it was so rare. Was actually considering ntnp after this one as our odds are so low. I'd also love to try for a boy in 16/17. But I got a call this morning from my best friend that she just got a positive this morning. Her son is only 5 months old and was delivered cs. They were ntnp too. Bit of a reality check for me. I'd like them to be close but not sure I could handle that close.
You are really a warrior for caring for all those kiddos greats. Bravo! I hope your state gets its act together. Our state does the same quite often. It sucks. Does your credit union do loans for state employees?
So jealous of the massage! I need one so badly.

Pearly, That could be (mild) spd.. I had it again this time around but not as bad as last time.

So, I had routine physio in the hospital to help with the spd and also to strengthen my pelvic floor yesterday. Then suddenly out of the blood, I felt so woozy, so I grab my water bottle, took a sip, then told her, I am feeling unwell. She told me to lie down on my left side, she grabbed my wrist and then phoned for help. Since, we are already in the hospital, 2 people came in less than a minute. They took my bp, and IDK if it was rookie mistake or something, but she screamed, it's 90/30, which is in the danger zone! So, they declared a Code Blue, and more people came, rushed me to the ER (bypassing like 20 people in the queue), while I was telling them, that 'I think it's not really that serious). Forgot to say, that my toddler is with me all this time, and he was also pretty freaked out with the whole thing. They had one social worker who took care of him while i was getting checked. Well, they thought I was having a cardiac arrest because of such low bp, but after rechecking several times, my bp rose, but still not on the ideal level.

They discharged me after a couple of hours, still feeling lightheaded but improved after eating chips and downing 2 bottles of gatorade for dinner. Anyway, they tried to follow-up on the results of the cholestasis, but it wasn't available yet.
---

Well, DH reckoned I simply drank too much herbal tea that crashed my bp. Well, I guess, having a low bp is much easier to deal with than the opposite, but indeeed, that was a hell of an experience in the ED.

Omg lian hope everything is fine now!! That was quite scary!!

Spd comes with pain right but I don't feel any only, the click sound hope it's nothing to worry about!! But still ill take care so I don't proceed to spd

Sass I ordered pregnancy support belt, bracco breathable pregnancy binder which supports back, pelvic and spine.

Lian, that is really frightening!!! I'm glad you're feeling a little better now. Please take it easy and take care!

I've been having some frequent BH every 3 mins for the past half hour, but they're only 30 seconds each so I'm chalking it down to my body prepping for labor in a few weeks. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 9:15 so I'll mention it. Don't feel like spending the night in l&d just for them to send me home.

Lian...that's so scary! I hope you're ok now. Good thing you were already at the hospital.

Greats..hope you're feeling better now. I'm definitely having a lot more bh this time around.

Been awake since 4:45am :( Shattered already and it's not even 10! Wish I didn't work this evening until 10 too. *sigh* The life of a pregnant woman!

I'm pretty confident in my birth control plan after baby. It's a relatively old form of birth control, but it's being talked about more and more lately. It's called lesbianism. Has a 100% success rate in preventing pregnancy when used correctly. I'm pretty happy with it ;)

I can't seem to sleep lately. I get up between 3-4 (3:15 this morning) and then an up from anytime between 5-6and then fall back to sleep for a bit before my alarm goes off at 6:30. It's making me pretty tired.

I'm pretty confident in my birth control plan after baby. It's a relatively old form of birth control, but it's being talked about more and more lately. It's called lesbianism. Has a 100% success rate in preventing pregnancy when used correctly. I'm pretty happy with it ;)

^^ :rofl: Guess you're all set then :winkwink:

Lian, very scary, glad that you were OK and seem to be doing better.

Greats, I hope all is OK with you as well. Let us know how it went at the hospital.

Sorry you didn't sleep well Maggs, that makes two of us. There was a huge storm here and I kept getting woken up by Thunder plus it got so humid that DH and I had to get up and make sure all the windows were shut and turn on the Central Air. Will be glad when today is over....

In exciting news, we have our maternity pictures tonight. Hopefully they turn out well and Isla co-operates for them...

Lesbianism!!! Best thing I've read all day! Lol

Posted on the fb group, but my BH turned into real/painful contractions and eventually died off after about 6 hours. Was about to head into l&d but then they fizzled off. They checked me at my doctors appointment and I'm currently 1cm dilated & 50% effaced. Baby is also SUPER low and doctor could feel her head through my cervix. I'm on strict bed rest today and have to go into l&d immediately if I get any contractions 5 mins apart. Mine were 2:30-3 mins apart all night.

Feeling crampy today and my lower back aches, but Livia is moving like crazy so much so that her movements hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->