**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Soooo called my OBs office back. Fought with the nurse. She kept saying they don't normally check the hcg levels. Well they did for me my last pregnancy. Even after I told her what happened last time and my concerns she still argued with me. Finally she said she would put one set of bloodwork through. That would show nothing! The point is to do two to be sure the numbers are rising as they should. So there's absolutely no point in doing it once because it won't tell me anything.

It's my money and my insurance that would be paying for it so why is it so hard just to put the order through? She said it's usually done through your primary care doctor. No it's not! It's an OB issue it should be handled through them. Primary care has nothing to do with pregnancy.

I'm fuming right now. She said she will talk to someone and get back to me. Don't see that happening. Especially since she didn't take my number.
Only solidifies my decision to change OBs.

yeah, we are going through the same thing with our ultrasound. Our insurance will pay for it so why not do an early ultrasound?! Fingers crossed it happens.

Yeah I don't get it. I okay for my insurance so I'm the one paying for it and I'm asking for it so why not just do it? They probably don't want to do the two minutes of paper work it would take.

She's ruined my good mood now. Thankfully the GF is being really supportive now even though she is sick. She says it's nothing compared to what I'm going through :flower: so she's going to spend her day off cleaning our room and doing laundry as it's stressing me out and baking me cookies :thumbup:

Awwwww! You got yourself a good one there!!! I need someone to come bake me cookies! Though I would probably yak them up. I am so nauseous today. :(

I was finally able to "go" this morning after over two days. I think some of the terrible pain I was having was from that. Just downed an apple juice too. Feeling exhausted. Still no word on whether I should repeat my blood test or go for my u/s. Been fighting with DH.

I would really like some french fries. The thought of everything else is making me want to throw up.

Got my HCG back from Tuesday at 5w2d... 6240. But my progesterone is low at 15.1 so starting tonight I will be taking progesterone pills twice a day until 14 weeks. Had to take them with my daughter, too. They're not doing another blood draw which is odd, but I do have a scan on Tuesday morning so praying everything goes well until then.

Can I join this thread please? Due date according to LMP & cycle length is August 10.

Uggghhh the talking not sleeping and cramping is reminding me of what's to come.

Kylesmum - really hope you get done numbers back :-( sounds like you are having a nightmare with it all.

I'm already getting some of my lest fav pregnancy symptoms - really wet knickers (bleugh) stabby fanny daggers and achey back.

Got to work 8pm-12 tonight and it's going to wreck me. Wondering when to let them know so I avoid having to lift stuff, it's only a Christmas job so I finish in 3 weeks.

When did you start getting lines on ICs? I got a great line this morning on a superdrug test but the IC looked negative. 11dpo.

So sorry Bee... hoping this can turn around for you :(

quick question... I am going in this afternoon for a vaginal ultrasound, I am only 4weeks 5 days. They want to rule out an ectopic because I've been having right side cramping all week. Would it be too early to see a sac? I feel like I'm going to worry no matter what!

My husband thinks I'm crazy!!! lol

Ashley, you'll see the gestational sac and maybe the yolk sac. I had an internal on Tuesday to rule this out! Sac was there but no yolk, 2nd scan on Thursday when I was 5 weeks showed the yolk and then they ruled out ectopic! Fingers crossed for you :) xxx

Got my HCG back from Tuesday at 5w2d... 6240. But my progesterone is low at 15.1 so starting tonight I will be taking progesterone pills twice a day until 14 weeks. Had to take them with my daughter, too. They're not doing another blood draw which is odd, but I do have a scan on Tuesday morning so praying everything goes well until then.

They are not having me do another one either. I have an appointment for an exam with my doctor on Monday night. Then we will decide when I go for my scan.

They are not having me do another one either. I have an appointment for an exam with my doctor on Monday night. Then we will decide when I go for my scan.

I think they figure if I go in for blood work today then they won't get the results until Tuesday so it's a waste. I'm so anxious for my scan, my symptoms keep coming and going/lessening. My boobs are a lil sore today but no where near sore as they were earlier this week. Anyone else want to freak out with me? Haha

I think they figure if I go in for blood work today then they won't get the results until Tuesday so it's a waste. I'm so anxious for my scan, my symptoms keep coming and going/lessening. My boobs are a lil sore today but no where near sore as they were earlier this week. Anyone else want to freak out with me? Haha

My boobs are a lot less sore.. hope our bodies are just used to the hormones. I've read that most symptoms start around 6 weeks and it still could be early. first tri SUCKS! lol

Ashley, you'll see the gestational sac and maybe the yolk sac. I had an internal on Tuesday to rule this out! Sac was there but no yolk, 2nd scan on Thursday when I was 5 weeks showed the yolk and then they ruled out ectopic! Fingers crossed for you :) xxx

Thanks Rees!! I'm nervous. will update when I get home tonight =)

Mine were less sore, but the soreness came back today in a big way. It seems to come and go. Bad nausea today too.

Soooo called my OBs office back. Fought with the nurse. She kept saying they don't normally check the hcg levels. Well they did for me my last pregnancy. Even after I told her what happened last time and my concerns she still argued with me. Finally she said she would put one set of bloodwork through. That would show nothing! The point is to do two to be sure the numbers are rising as they should. So there's absolutely no point in doing it once because it won't tell me anythibg.

It's my money and my insurance that would be paying for it so why is it so hard just to put the order through? She said it's usually done through your primary care doctor. No it's not! It's an OB issue it should be handled through them. Primary care has nothing to do with pregnancy.

I'm fuming right now. She said she will talk to someone and get back to me. Don't see that happening. Especially since she didn't take my number.
Only solidifies my decision to change OBs.

so I had my initial blood work at my PCP last week.. I practically begged for the one to measure the hcg. she thought for 2 seconds asked when LMP was and said no you dont need that just the yes/no. MAD i was.. so i called OB and talked to them. they said that it is insurance related.. something like if they test you and have those numbers, they cant bring you in earlier for your initial appointment. it would push you back. must have to do with coding and all that. but if you have the generic one they bring you in earlier. I got my first appointment for 9-10 weeks. if i had the quantitative BW. it would have pushed me back after 12 weeks they could get me in.. related to insurance. so that means later US to see possibly.. I begged them too as i thought PCP was just dumb and not ordering it. much to our uneasiness . i wish we could always get what we want. sigh..

Went to DH's work Christmas Party. I'm so tired afterward. Ugh. And I'm having mood swings right now - that's fun..

My boobs are a lil sore today but no where near sore as they were earlier this week. Anyone else want to freak out with me? Haha

Me! I'll freak out with you! Last pregnancy my boobs hurt from day one, but I had almost zero nausea. This time no soreness and mild nausea. It's really messing with my head.

Ate McDonald's for lunch. Had a handful of M&M's.
Bad idea.

In my defense though, it was the only thing I could think of that was not making me want to barf.

Of course right now, I want to barf.

were they able to date you from that scan. a more accurate than LMP.? i have one scheduled wednesday, and that day im LMP 4w5d, but if go by O id be 5w2d.. which i think is more accurate.. so i just hope they can tell me

Holy nausea girls...so sorry you're getting it already. I thought it usually starts around 6 weeks? I'm not looking forward to that. I still time (hopefully).

Lots of gym love and healthy food for me today. Although I did do some baking today for a party tomorrow night, but only had one piece so that's fine lol

DH decided he needed to "go" this morning while I was in the shower and could not wait. The smell. The smell was horrible.

My nausea kicked in and I was so sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I came out of the bathroom and I could smell the deep fryer from the porkchops we had last night and that set me off and I was even MORE sick.

Holy nausea girls...so sorry you're getting it already. I thought it usually starts around 6 weeks? I'm not looking forward to that. I still time (hopefully).

Lots of gym love and healthy food for me today. Although I did do some baking today for a party tomorrow night, but only had one piece so that's fine lol

Send some baked goods my way! :thumbup: hahaha

so I got my 48 hr hcg test back and horray 569 they doubled and then some and I got the test done a few hours early...all should be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->