**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

AF due today.... Test is much darker. I'm starting to think baby #2 is really happening! :cloud9:

A little history - my son was born April 30th, 2013 via c- section. I've been married to my DH since 2011. I have Crohn's disease, and thought I might never conceive. So this baby is double the blessing :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 7
Congrats jtink28! So exciting!!

My Dh and I have been married for 5 years and finally felt ready to try lol. We've both been super career focused until now, mine is settled and he's almost done. So it's the right time :)

I'm nervous but soooo excited. So far only my parents, brother and sister in law and 2 friends know. I swore I wouldn't tell my friend last night, but she guessed and I'm a bad liar. I told her I'm just being extra cautious until second trimester. I'm kind of upset with myself, but oh well lol.

AF due today.... Test is much darker. I'm starting to think baby #2 is really happening! :cloud9:

A little history - my son was born April 30th, 2013 via c- section. I've been married to my DH since 2011. I have Crohn's disease, and thought I might never conceive. So this baby is double the blessing :happydance:

So exciting! Congratulations again :)

Congrats jtink28! So exciting!!

My Dh and I have been married for 5 years and finally felt ready to try lol. We've both been super career focused until now, mine is settled and he's almost done. So it's the right time :)

I'm nervous but soooo excited. So far only my parents, brother and sister in law and 2 friends know. I swore I wouldn't tell my friend last night, but she guessed and I'm a bad liar. I told her I'm just being extra cautious until second trimester. I'm kind of upset with myself, but oh well lol.

I'm nervous too. I think my last pregnancy ending in a MMC has really changed me. I wasn't nervous like this the last time, but now every little thing or lack thereof makes me worry. We haven't told anyone (although I suspect OH has because she told someone we were TTC when I told her not to so that person probably knows) but I haven't told anyone. I feel like by telling someone we were ttc she put all this pressure on me to conceive and now that she's more than likely told someone I'm pregnant it's even more pressure on me to make sure everything goes right. It's just stressing me out. We have our first ultrasound and appointment on the 23rd so will tell our parents after that, but no one else until after the first tri.

I feel the same way. I also had MMC. I found out at 13 weeks that I had lost the baby at 7w5d. I'd lost it pretty much the day after my first ultrasound. I was kind of oblivious to the possibility of miscarriage so we told everyone shortly after. I had no idea I had lost the baby in that time. No signs at all. MMC are horrible, my body continued to grow and I continued to have morning sickness, only to find out it had happened any weeks ago. So I'm naturally very cautious this time. It was such a crazy thing to go through, you know? And to get past the betrayal I felt by my body for making me think I was still pregnant. But a friend told me that my body was just fighting so hard to make it work and not give up. So I'm trying to remind myself this is it's chance to do it again.

I have my first us at exactly 8 weeks, but part of me is wondering if I should wait until 9 to be sure the baby is ok. But then 8 weeks is Already a long time.

What do you ladies think?

I feel the same way. I also had MMC. I found out at 13 weeks that I had lost the baby at 7w5d. I'd lost it pretty much the day after my first ultrasound. I was kind of oblivious to the possibility of miscarriage so we told everyone shortly after. I had no idea I had lost the baby in that time. No signs at all. MMC are horrible, my body continued to grow and I continued to have morning sickness, only to find out it had happened any weeks ago. So I'm naturally very cautious this time. It was such a crazy thing to go through, you know? And to get past the betrayal I felt by my body for making me think I was still pregnant. But a friend told me that my body was just fighting so hard to make it work and not give up. So I'm trying to remind myself this is it's chance to do it again.

I have my first us at exactly 8 weeks, but part of me is wondering if I should wait until 9 to be sure the baby is ok. But then 8 weeks is Already a long time.

What do you ladies think?

Mine is at 7w6d. Then another at 12-13. If I feel the need to have another I can go to this private place. They just require you've had your first ultrasound already before going to them and have proof. So I can always go there for a reassurance scan between if I need.

I think 8 weeks is a good time for an ultrasound. Then maybe go private later if you need reassurance. I probably will.

True! Thanks.

I heard that they offer gender private scans in the states early on. My friend went across the border to get it done for both of hers. So I'm hoping to do that maybe. I'm not sure how early they can do it though?

True! Thanks.

I heard that they offer gender private scans in the states early on. My friend went across the border to get it done for both of hers. So I'm hoping to do that maybe. I'm not sure how early they can do it though?

The place I'm going to does it at 15 weeks. I'll be 15 weeks the week of valentines day so were gonna go for an ultrasound that weekend. Actually on valentines day when I'll be 15+3. 15 weeks is the earliest I've seen them done.

True! Thanks.

The place I'm going to does it at 15 weeks. I'll be 15 weeks the week of valentines day so were gonna go for an ultrasound that weekend. Actually on valentines day when I'll be 15+3. 15 weeks is the earliest I've seen them done.

Fifteen weeks is when I'm wanting to get ours done too. It feels like forever away- I just want to know if this bubs is a boy or a girl!

Regarding the miscarriage thing- we are scared too. It was so much easier to be calm when it was my own body pregnant, but now that it's my wife's I'm freaking out a lot. I can't wait for our first scan (no idea when that is) so that we can get some reassurance.

I want to know too! I always said I wouldn't find out, but if I make it that far with this one, I definitely want to know!!! So much that I'll drive across the border to pay for the private scan instead of waiting 4 more weeks here lol.

Wifey my shoulder was aching loads from carrying my handbag in town. I'm used to walking a couple of miles a day carrying it and today it wasn't even heavy but it really made my shoulder ache like it weighed a tonne.

Anyone getting spots? I'm not usually that spotty and they are usually just normal size or small spots but I have a giant red one coming right in my cheek near my nose it's about a cm wide! :o

None here! But I had them horribly with my dd. The old wives tale is "a girl will take your beauty so she can be beautiful" :haha:

QueenQueso - LOL I love picking baby names, one of my favourite things. We started talking about it casually when we started TTC and have reached a final decision within a day of bfp!

I also have two little boys, looking forward to finding out if I'll have a daughter or be a triple boy mama!

Congratulations LuckyEleven and jtink28

Wifey1013 - I do think relaxin can kick in early, especially if you are a repeat customer. I am starting to feel it in my back.

Bee Bee - I'm very sorry to hear that :hugs: I hope you'll get another bfp and a sticky beam soon x

Ashley 25 - I am taking vit b6 as I was on it for short LP and afraid to stop altogether incase it affects my progesterone. I stopped vitex with my bfp, weaning off the cream, just using a bit every day.

Bebedreamr - congratulations :) I loved my second pregnancy and birth.

Ashxd - congratulations! We have the same due date :)

DSemcho - if you are at higher risk from a MC probably best to continue with progesterone through the first tri. Doesn't sound like this person knows what they are talking about, try not to be scaremongered.

We won't be having an early scan as we are paying for a gender scan at 20 weeks and it's a push - not a lot of spare cash so think we'd rather find out the gender. Hate the long wait till the first scan though.

Got a beautiful line this morning, feeling confident that the wee embryo is snuggling and growing. Occasional cramping and very full feeling, maybe tmi but my sex drive is easily the best it's been since my last pregnancy (I've been bfing for nearly 4 years, my eldest only weaned this use) and wow my O was totally amazing haha, I think my uterus being bigger increases the pressure or something?

I like to try and keep up :) I was in December Dreamers 2010 and January Jellybeans 2013, both times we had a secret fb which we are still a part of :)
I've told both of those groups that I'm expecting again and one friend who knew we were TTC.

Emydra - It must have kicked in. So annoying to have knee pains this early! My June 2013 group started a secret FB group as well, still very close with multiple girls and I've met TWO in "real" life!

Kylasbaby & Sunshine2014 - most places in the US will do it at 15-16 weeks. Can't wait to hear what everyone is having! Hoping it will keep me happy knowing what you girls are having so I can stay team yellow :haha:

Just looked my results up. My 5w0d level was: 16.5
HCG not in yet
Can you ladies share yours with me? I'm reading women with much higher levels it seems. My OB hasn't reviewed the results yet so I am unsure of their thoughts. Help! So nervous :/

Dear lord am I so gassy today! Spending the day being lazy hanging at my parents as we have Sunday dinner there and my lord my poor mother:shrug:

OMG, I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES! Why do they have to be so complicated??

I just logged on to check my account online and it has me listed as coverage starting on 1/1/2015! The lady on the phone told me that the new policy would be starting effective 12/1/2014. It was 12/2 when I called, she said give it til the end of the week for the computer system to be fully updated. I called the dr on Friday, they ran my card and it came up as not a covered service, I figured I'd just have to wait until tomorrow and try again and it should go through. But what it says on my account page makes it look like it won't work until January! I really hope I'm reading it wrong and they didn't screw it up! I really wanted an u/s before Christmas.

Is anyone taking B6 for ms? How much are you taking? The sickness kicked in full swing yesterday and I don't have a doctor's appt. until Dec. 15th.

Welcome to all those new to the thread! I know it can be daunting to go all the way back through 70 pages, so if you would like the August Fireflies Banner that Greats made for us just post

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img661/8559/EgYukw.gif[/IMG

in your signature and add a ] on the end to complete it!

I can't believe how many August babies there are now! It started out with just a few of us, numbers in the teens! Yay babies!!!!

Just looked my results up. My 5w0d level was: 16.5
HCG not in yet
Can you ladies share yours with me? I'm reading women with much higher levels it seems. My OB hasn't reviewed the results yet so I am unsure of their thoughts. Help! So nervous :/

I didn't track this cycle but I had my first blood draw at 3 weeks 3 days based on LMP. At that point my progesterone was 19. My doctor said I could start progesterone suppositories because it made me feel more comfortable, although she said my level was fine.

Mewolkens - sickness already? Oh no! You're 5w1d like me!!!

Last time at exactly 6 weeks it hit me. Hoping I still have a Bit more time!! No symptoms here yet. Hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->