**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Scan went beautifully! I'm 6+1 so my due date is now August 3. Baby looks awesome and has a hb of 122 right now! Tech said the hb is perfect for how it is measuring. Ahhhh I'm so excited! :happydance:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy that it went beautifully! Did you cry at the ultrasound? I want to cry now for you. Soooo glad it went well. I am sure you are completely relieved.

Awe! I don't get my first appt/scan until January 7th! 4 weeks....it's going to be torture!
Mine will be on 6th Jan at my Obs office. Last time I got one at 6 weeks because I had some spotting (left over IB) but this won't be until 8 weeks. I know I'll have Christmas in the middle but still waiting sucks.

So after saying yesterday I didn't have many symptoms, today I'm dizzy and feeling queasy! Ugh! Mum reckons it could be a good sign of having a girl (which I'd love) because I didn't get much MS with DS. I'd rather not be sick, but I am happy that something is happening so I know things are happening.

SOMEONE at least will have twins! Definitely x
I don't think my lines look dark enough to suspect twins ;-)

CelticNiamh - I heard you had GD in not all of my pregnancies? Just asking as I had with my first son but not with my second, wondering what my chances are for avoiding it this time. I only had it mildly but it was accompanied by gallstone attacks and they were just awful. Ended up in ketosis and stayed in hospital for 3 days on fluids etc :-( really don't want that again.

:haha: do you know someone I know :thumbup: or reading up I have been here a while :haha::flower:

Yep I normally develop Gestational diabetes needing insulin, I had it on my first diet controlled but not on my second and have had it on the rest needing insulin very early on, mine kicks in at 10 weeks normally.

you might find you get it again but can control it with diet but do not stress if you need insulin if your following the diet and number still keep rising its down to hormones and placenta not you :flower: the gall stones did the remove them after you delivered they would not be linked to GD more to do with pregnancy my friend had awful attacks as well in pregnancy. if you were suffering with them and not able to drink and eat I am not surprised you ended up with ketosis I had that once and was kept in hospital as well no pain but think mine was brought on by illness I had an infection somewhere.
keep an eye out for any symptoms esp after 10 weeks when the placenta kicks in and go get checked! hope you do not have any problems with Gall bladder again that is so painful :hugs:

Yes I've been chatting to AmeliaPoulan (that that's her username?!) and she mentioned that you'd had it and not had it.
I actually passed a GTT at 24 weeks (my dates were wrong and not updated!) and then failed at 28 weeks for the pregnancy I had GD and passed in the second pregnancy.

There seems to be links to GD triggering or being associated with gallstones in pregnant women, after several attacks mine just stopped one day and although I was told they'd probably return at some point, 4 years on there's been no sign.
I was lucky it went and the GD wasn't too bad as I do not know what I could've eaten!

I have a really dry mouth also. Trying to limit tea (had 3 today I think, which is an improvement) and drink plenty of water. Eating oranges and apples :) having a fruit/veg put before my body goes off the idea.

Oh yea I remember AmeliaPoulan from the GD thread :flower: she knows another friend of mine as well, I did a GTT at 28 weeks on me on my second and came back ok! but I sometimes think I may of had it he was very big 10 pounds 2, in I wont get one this time, I normally have to ring my hospital as soon as I find out and go in, only 5 weeks is just to early, I keep an eye on my bloods sugars so if I see them creeping up I will in before christmas, otherwise going to wait till january, they will do a proper scan then as well

Oh I hope the gall bladder things stays away this time never heard it can be linked to GD ! learn something new every day eh

my mouth feels like sandpaper it is that dry this morning :haha:

Scan went beautifully! I'm 6+1 so my due date is now August 3. Baby looks awesome and has a hb of 122 right now! Tech said the hb is perfect for how it is measuring. Ahhhh I'm so excited! :happydance:

That is brilliant :happydance: seeing a nice healthy heartbeat is so good

Kylasbaby - my name is Emma Kate!

Also definitely suffering the dry mouth. Bleugh! So much cm this morning too.

My Christmas week working hours are in and they're hectic. I sound like a wimp but I only work a Christmas job now and I'm not used to being on my feet for 9 hours anymore. Thank goodness both my kids sleep through the night now.

Greats such a lovely scan picture :) I want a scan stamps feet haha :)

I am showing, it's really hard to hide as well :-/ and OMG this dry mouth thing is getting on my last nerve! Haha I'm going through 3 pints of water at night

Kylasbaby - my name is Emma Kate!

Also definitely suffering the dry mouth. Bleugh! So much cm this morning too.

My Christmas week working hours are in and they're hectic. I sound like a wimp but I only work a Christmas job now and I'm not used to being on my feet for 9 hours anymore. Thank goodness both my kids sleep through the night now.

Hahaha this too funny. Well let me commend your mother on her great taste in a name :thumbup:

Can I join?

Due date : 16 Aug (from LMP)

Welcome! When did you get your bfp?

Good morning ladies! I'm happy to say I've had no more pink link cm since yesterday afternoon. Today I have my dr appointment so I'm going to ask her about it, and also tell her how nervous I am since my mc. Hoping she's understanding :(

I also found this caffeine guide online for other junkies like me:

https://www.babycenter.com/caffeine-during-pregnancy?showAll=true

I'm meeting a friend for coffee today at Starbucks, so I was pretty bummed to see the amount in coffee. I guess I'll be getting a latte, oh well! lol What are your favourites? I usually stick with the white chocolate mocha, because I tried a seasonal one (I forget which one) and it was WAYYYYY too sweet, I didn't finish it. Soo...any non super sweet suggestions?
I also was going to go to the gym today, but I literally can't feel my legs from the classes the other day...like, I dropped something, and decided it would have to stay there..:dohh:

Hello Ladies!

Hoping I can join you here as well! My name is Emily and my DH and I are already parents to a beautiful little girl named Isla. We have been NTNP for some time now and were thrilled when I got a BFP on Monday evening. I took a digital last night to confirm; we are both very excited :happydance:

I am due on August 19, two days before my daughter's 2nd birthday :wacko: It is so weird to be going through this all again following the same timeline. Isla was born on her due date, we'll have to see if this baby is the same.

I haven't read back through the thread yet but am looking forward to chatting with all you ladies.

Looking forward to going through this with you again Celtic :hugs:

I'm so jealous of all these early scans!!! We have our first appointment tomorrow and we are going to pretend she has variable cycles so that hopefully they will do a scan :haha:. Shhhhhh don't tell. I'm desperate! :haha:

6 weeks today! Pretty pathetic that we consider that a milestone, but it feels like a milestone!!! We've officially known about this baby for over two weeks. Yay baby!!!

Nursenikki112 I didn't cry but I felt soooo relieved to see the heart beating away! And the tech was super nice and excited for me, it was so awesome. My dh was in awe, such a beautiful experience. Next ultrasound is 12 weeks for the NT scan.

Sunshine2014 I used to always get an iced cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks. The hot is good as well. It's sweet but no where near as sweet as the holiday drinks. It's literally the only drink I get there lol

MrsEddie my name is Emily, too! Awesome! Congrats!

I'm so jealous of all these early scans!!! We have our first appointment tomorrow and we are going to pretend she has variable cycles so that hopefully they will do a scan :haha:. Shhhhhh don't tell. I'm desperate! :haha:

6 weeks today! Pretty pathetic that we consider that a milestone, but it feels like a milestone!!! We've officially known about this baby for over two weeks. Yay baby!!!

That's too funny! I conveniently didn't mention that the spotting I originally called in for had stopped by the time they called me to book my early scan :haha:

I was just talking to one of my best friends. As of today we have known about this baby for 3 weeks! It does feel like a milestone!

Hello Ladies!

Hoping I can join you here as well! My name is Emily and my DH and I are already parents to a beautiful little girl named Isla. We have been NTNP for some time now and were thrilled when I got a BFP on Monday evening. I took a digital last night to confirm; we are both very excited :happydance:

I am due on August 19, two days before my daughter's 2nd birthday :wacko: It is so weird to be going through this all again following the same timeline. Isla was born on her due date, we'll have to see if this baby is the same.

I haven't read back through the thread yet but am looking forward to chatting with all you ladies.

Looking forward to going through this with you again Celtic :hugs:

Congrats! Will add you to the front

I'm jealous too! No judgement here I would as well if I didn't have one in two weeks. Yay 6 weeks! Us too. Does seem like a huge milestone. We've known about 2.5 weeks. Seems like 2.5 years. Dear God time is going by slow!

Anyone else have really bad acne? It was really had for me in the beginning, then went away for about a week now it's horrible again. Doesn't matter what I use, nothing clears it up.

This nausea is killing me, no joke. Babysitting 2 two year olds today on top of my 2 year old... I don't know how I'm going to make it. I'm struggling so bad right now.

I have a really bad feeling my test results aren't good :( I called the Dr's and they refuse to give me them over the phone! It's Lucky I have an appointment tomorrow because other wise I would have to wait till Monday :(

I have a really bad feeling my test results aren't good :( I called the Dr's and they refuse to give me them over the phone! It's Lucky I have an appointment tomorrow because other wise I would have to wait till Monday :(

Aw:hugs: I'm sure everything is fine. Legally most places can't give them out. Usually a doctor has to give them to you. I'm sure everything is okay. I know it's pointless to say not to worry, but Im sure all is fine.

Aww I'm sure everything is ok! Maybe your progesterone is on the lower side and that's what they want to discuss in person? I'd throw a fit if they didn't tell me over the phone!

Thanks ladies, they only did the urine test and they can't check progesterone that way :-/

I just wish they didn't tell me to call for them x

MumandDad, try not to worry, most doctor's office won't give any information out over the phone.

For those talking about an early scan, my doctor ordered one for me last time for dating purposes. You could always lie and say that you're not sure how far along you are, then your doctor might give you one. I had my first scan with Isla at 8 weeks and am hoping to do the same this time.

I did this before transferring care to a midwife, most midwifes won't order scans until 20 weeks, unless you're doing IBS testing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->