**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

So tired, I'm struggling to stay awake today. The kids I sit for didn't come today, my son is still sleeping because he was up late last night. I don't even know how late, I went to bed at like 8:30, apparently DH fell asleep at maybe 9:45. He doesn't know exactly, only that he got a text at 10:10 and he didn't get it until he woke up at midnight to find Leo sleeping on the couch. It seems he didn't get into anything, just played nicely with the wooden nutcrackers that I set out as a Christmas decoration until he fell asleep, but I'm still ticked off at DH.

Not pregnancy related, but I'm also annoyed at my new 'book club' that some friends have started. Our first book is to be Unbroken, a WWII story about a POW that's about to be a movie. So I bought the book over the weekend and this morning they all decided to use the 'young adult' version of the book instead because two of the other people had accidentally bought that one. I don't know what the difference in content would be, but it's like a hundred pages shorter. Not only is it out of stock on Amazon (typically where I buy books when I'm looking for something specific since they've closed all the actual bookstores within an hour's drive) but it's more expensive as well.

And my grandma is in the hospital, she went to the pac center at about 3 am due to being short of breath. They found she has water around her heart. My worst-case-scenario mine immediately jumps to congestive heart failure hearing that, but the doctors haven't mentioned that. She has several health issues, she's in her mid-70's, including having had a pacemaker for over ten years now. They're giving her a diuretic (spelling?) to get the water to go out and she's having some kind of scan later to check on her kidney function. I'm pretty sure it's all going to be okay, but obviously it's still not good that it happened.

On the plus side, I made yet another call to my insurance company yesterday and the lady that answered the phone was sooo helpful this time! She said it looks like my previous policy never got cancelled, the one with no pregnancy coverage. It actually ends on dec 31, which I didn't realize, I thought it went until the spring, but she said what's happening is that the new policy is set to take effect when the current one ends. She said that when you put in my name/info, it immediately pops up onto the screen with the pregnancy-included coverage, but if you actually look into file, you can see where it has the effective date listed. So the two previous people that I talked to didn't even open my file really, just pulled me up and said yep, it's there! And the person who I spoke with initially made a mistake. So she put me on hold and called her supervisor who manually overrode the ending date on my 'current' policy to get it cancelled, so she could change the start date of the new one. Whew! She said it'll still take a few days to be fully updated in the system, but fingers crossed, I should be able to call my doctors office on Friday or maybe Monday to schedule an appointment!

(Sorry my posts are so freaking long, I talk a lot and I'm not good at leaving out unnecessary details...)

Went to my appointment yesterday and the doc didn't schedule my appt and forgot about me. So I saw someone else. They did a CBC (blood panel) and a quant blood test. And I got an ultrasound and saw the yolk sac, no fetal pole. I'm not sure if they will repeat on Friday (6 weeks) or the next week. They think I'm closer to 5 weeks 5 days than 6 weeks 1 day. Told me to take it easy at home, repeat blood quant on Thursday, see them on Friday and took today off from work. I was told to basically be on bed rest at home, and I didn't listen that well. Checked my mail at the post office and went to the grocery store. Otherwise stayed home on the couch and when I walk I get small cramps and light light spotting. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Boobs still hurt a little, but not as much as they did. I am nauseous when I first wake up or when I don't eat in four hours.

Hello Ladies!

Hoping I can join you here as well! My name is Emily and my DH and I are already parents to a beautiful little girl named Isla. We have been NTNP for some time now and were thrilled when I got a BFP on Monday evening. I took a digital last night to confirm; we are both very excited :happydance:

I am due on August 19, two days before my daughter's 2nd birthday :wacko: It is so weird to be going through this all again following the same timeline. Isla was born on her due date, we'll have to see if this baby is the same.

I haven't read back through the thread yet but am looking forward to chatting with all you ladies.

Looking forward to going through this with you again Celtic :hugs:

Huge congrats again :hugs: I feel the same so weird to be on the same journey again LOL hope we both have another happy and healthy 9 months :hugs:

I have a really bad feeling my test results aren't good :( I called the Dr's and they refuse to give me them over the phone! It's Lucky I have an appointment tomorrow because other wise I would have to wait till Monday :(

Will the doctor ring you back today! I would be freaking out if they refused me the results good luck tomorrow

Sorry to hear that QueenQueso.

I had my first bout of "morning" sickness last night. After we ate dinner I got so sick and it was a nauseous I've never felt before. The only way I could get comfortable was to lay in the fetal position. It happened while I had my rabbit out so he was all running around on the bed doing binky's over me. DH got a kick out of it.

Feeling good this morning though. My boobs were a little sore this morning but nothing really noticeable. I also took another HPT since AF is due today and it was as clear of a BFP as it could get. Made DH happy. I figure I'll use them all up lol. I also had another nose bleed yesterday which was my first clue was pregnant.

Oh and I have found that going for a walk when I feel that bizarre version of tired helps a lot. I have a desk job so it's hard for me to squeeze that in but I walked to the bus after work and it really woke me up.

Hello Ladies!

Hoping I can join you here as well! My name is Emily and my DH and I are already parents to a beautiful little girl named Isla. We have been NTNP for some time now and were thrilled when I got a BFP on Monday evening. I took a digital last night to confirm; we are both very excited :happydance:

I am due on August 19, two days before my daughter's 2nd birthday :wacko: It is so weird to be going through this all again following the same timeline. Isla was born on her due date, we'll have to see if this baby is the same.

I haven't read back through the thread yet but am looking forward to chatting with all you ladies.

Huge congrats again :hugs: I feel the same so weird to be on the same journey again LOL hope we both have another happy and healthy 9 months :hugs:

I have a really bad feeling my test results aren't good :( I called the Dr's and they refuse to give me them over the phone! It's Lucky I have an appointment tomorrow because other wise I would have to wait till Monday :(

Will the doctor ring you back today! I would be freaking out if they refused me the results good luck tomorrow

Nope apparently they are too busy to do phone calls all week, just lucky I had a Dr's appointment booked for tomorrow anyway xx

MrsHudson I woke up with a bad bloody nose this morning, it was so bizarre! I haven't had one in years! I'm chalking it up to pregnancy. I thought my nose was just running a lil on the way to the bathroom so imagine my surprise when I looked in the mirror and saw blood all over my face! Lol

I managed to clog the toilet this morning... So embarrassing! My plunger broke (go figure!) so now I have to wait for dh to come home from work tonight to fix it.

Watching the three toddlers and just managed to get them all to nap at the same time! I'm so exhausted, gonna go take my progesterone and take a nap!

Had my US today, i have a sac. fetal pole not sure.. she was not convinced that it was a fetal pole or not.. printed a picture.. im convinced it is... i just hope she saved that one for radiologist to look at.. not sure if they can decipher if it is at this time. i think it is.. either 4w5days or 5w2d.. thats where i stand.... what do you think

Attachments

• IMG_3117.jpg
    IMG_3117.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 13
MrsHudson I woke up with a bad bloody nose this morning, it was so bizarre! I haven't had one in years! I'm chalking it up to pregnancy. I thought my nose was just running a lil on the way to the bathroom so imagine my surprise when I looked in the mirror and saw blood all over my face! Lol

My mom had bloody noses with both her pregnancies and that's how she knew she was pregnant with me. I used to get them all the time as a kid but they stopped around the age of 18. I got my first one last week on Wednesday and I knew that was a sign. I told my mom and I think she knows I'm pregnant now lol.

Good job on the toilet lol! I had one of those yesterday but luckily I was at work and the toilets are very high pressured.

Went to my appointment yesterday and the doc didn't schedule my appt and forgot about me. So I saw someone else. They did a CBC (blood panel) and a quant blood test. And I got an ultrasound and saw the yolk sac, no fetal pole. I'm not sure if they will repeat on Friday (6 weeks) or the next week. They think I'm closer to 5 weeks 5 days than 6 weeks 1 day. Told me to take it easy at home, repeat blood quant on Thursday, see them on Friday and took today off from work. I was told to basically be on bed rest at home, and I didn't listen that well. Checked my mail at the post office and went to the grocery store. Otherwise stayed home on the couch and when I walk I get small cramps and light light spotting. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Boobs still hurt a little, but not as much as they did. I am nauseous when I first wake up or when I don't eat in four hours.

Do you have any of your HCG level #'s? I am sure it will all be perfectly fine. I do understand your nervousness though. I have had 8 losses and it is so hard for me to be excited too. Just relax as much as possible, get into a good book or troll this site. I will keep you in my prayers but I am sure that little peanut will be just fine. :hugs:

I've done the 'same journey twice' thing with 2 years 17 days between my boys and it was strange, but now it feels odd entering early pregnancy at the point I have previously been nearing my due date!

Was visiting a friend today and had two cups of camomile tea - the combination of it's sedative effect on my already-tired body nearly made me pass out. I've since found out you aren't really supposed to drink it during pregnancy either, but I will definitely be getting some afterwards - it was very relaxing!

Had my US today, i have a sac. fetal pole not sure.. she was not convinced that it was a fetal pole or not.. printed a picture.. im convinced it is... i just hope she saved that one for radiologist to look at.. not sure if they can decipher if it is at this time. i think it is.. either 4w5days or 5w2d.. thats where i stand.... what do you think

Awesome pic :) looks good to me

So this nausea is getting old lol. I'm nauseous all day. It gets worse when I start getting hungry so I try to eat, but how am I supposed to say when I'm so nauseous? Catch-22.

Also a lot of what I can only describe as stretching feeling in my uterus? On the left side where I'm pretty sure the little one has nestled itself.

Yep, looks fetalpole-esque to me. :)
The yolk sac is a distinct little circle but I see what looks like a hump which would suggest to me that the part on the left is the yolk sac and the other (on the right) is the fetal pole. It is just a tiny little guy. Yay! Congrats :hugs:

So this nausea is getting old lol. I'm nauseous all day. It gets worse when I start getting hungry so I try to eat, but how am I supposed to say when I'm so nauseous? Catch-22.

Also a lot of what I can only describe as stretching feeling in my uterus? On the left side where I'm pretty sure the little one has nestled itself.

I have a weird stretchyish feeling. Maybe a full feeling in my uterus. I totally get it. I also get nauseated if I don't eat. Keep lots of snacks around and lemons (Cutting them up and smelling them in a bag) has helped me.

I keep getting a sharp pain on my left side just under my ovary. I assume that's baby making its way down into the uterus. Either way it weirs me out.

I only get nauseous after I eat. I'm starving I gulp food down and then bam! I feel like I'm going to hurl the next couple of hours.

Okay, I'm starting to get some stronger symptoms.
I had dry heaves this morning, and my boobs hurt enough to make sleeping uncomfortable. I'm still a little concerned, as I woke up with painful cramps that lasted until I got up and peed.. I also have a really sour/achey feeling stomach. It hurts in my lower back, but not like cramps. I'm hoping this is normal. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. Is it okay to still get cramps at almost 6 weeks?
Ugh. What is normal anymore? I feel like my body is some foreign thing to me now. I don't understand it or anything going on. I'm sorry for complaining, I just can't seem to relax and enjoy being pregnant still. Maybe it'll change after I see the little bean.

Hello Ladies!

Nope apparently they are too busy to do phone calls all week, just lucky I had a Dr's appointment booked for tomorrow anyway xx
So glad you have that!! good luck tomorrow

I am not an expert but I think I can see fetal pole looking good to me anyway :flower:

I've done the 'same journey twice' thing with 2 years 17 days between my boys and it was strange, but now it feels odd entering early pregnancy at the point I have previously been nearing my due date!

Was visiting a friend today and had two cups of camomile tea - the combination of it's sedative effect on my already-tired body nearly made me pass out. I've since found out you aren't really supposed to drink it during pregnancy either, but I will definitely be getting some afterwards - it was very relaxing!

Plus in all cases we are pregnant over christmas :haha: just at the early end of things!! hmm which is worse though :flower: just hoping this time I do not suffer with swelling like last time

Camomile is great and helps baby as well after delivery!

I am beyond tired and sooo hungry! and OMG after I fed my little guy today my nipples hurt so bad! was fine when I fed him, so I tried an old trick cotton wool in my bra worked a treat :haha:

Anyone else really oily? My hair last night looked like I hadn't showered in two days and my face is so shiny from oil. It's gross.

While camomile is delious and super relaxing, I've read a few places to avoid it while pregnant. I forget the reason, but I'll ask DH again tonight when he gets home.

Looks like a great scan to me. Congrats!!

I had my Dr. appointment today, my stomach was in knots waiting for her to come back to the room to confirm the urine sample I'd given. I'd drank a lot of water this morning, and so it was super diluted. Needless to say it was positive!! She was so happy for me!!! Booked my US, got a few prescriptions, and go in for blood work tomorrow morning. I told her that I have NO symptoms and am a little worried, but she said that's no big deal at all, even the no sore boobs. She said I'm probably having a boy because there are no symtoms. Dang! haha...I'm pretty sure I'm destined for a boy. Between my gut, the chineses calendar and now my Dr... lol

Where's my baby girl? hopefully brewing in there right now! ;)

Anyone else really oily? My hair last night looked like I hadn't showered in two days and my face is so shiny from oil. It's gross.

I am! I feel really gross all that time even if I've just showered. And my skin is breaking out because of it. Like a lot! I look like a teenager again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->