**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Some kids are just diddy too. My 18 month old still weighs 9kg and wears lots of 9-122,month old clothes, but she eats more than my three year old lol.
with the lack of proper winter clothes as well though it does sound a bit worrying.

Greats- does the boy have asthma? does she still give him formula?
if yes to the asthma children with asthma tend to be smaller. If yes to the formula maybe she is giving him more of that and less of solid food and that is why his poop is runnier. But all in all he is a growing boy and like all growing boys they tend to eat frequently, so it seems like they are eating all the time but when they eat sometimes the eat smaller portions throughout the day. I know with my son he does have asthma and he is on the skinnier side but he eats constantly throughout the day.

Hope everyones had a good day

DSemcho wonderful ultrasound pic...Mr.Peanut is looking great :)

No asthma and she only lets him drink water. I'm still toying with the idea that maybe he's gluten sensitive or some kind of food allergy? The only thing I know he's allergic to is cinnamon.

Wow, lots happening in the last couple of days in here! I'm completely worn, but will reply to what I remember lol....sometimes it's a real pain coming on here via phone :p

Greats, I agree with others about keeping a log of occurrences. If he seems out of sorts or something, I would become more concerned that there is more going on, however the lack of a winter coat is quite nerve-wracking, especially being you offered one up and she won't use it. I'm from the Midwest and know how cold it gets and children that age aren't equipped with bodies that can regulate the harsh temps like us adults can. Perhaps consider offering up that information in a gentle way, if you haven't already. It might be something she's unaware of. It's not always easy to have those discussions with parents, but sometimes they are the ones that need to be had.

Dsmecho, Mr. Peanut looks perfect!

AFM, ms has left me with little to no appetite in the morning/afternoon and then usually able to eat a decent meal in the evening. I had my first appointment with the midwife today. Just a consultation, brief exam, and some blood work, but I already really like her. Makes me wish we weren't moving in February, but at least I'm starting out well. :shrug: Have my next appointment the end of Jan, when I'll be 10w6d, so hoping we'll get to hear baby's heartbeat then. Not certain we'll do u/s other than if medically necessary. It is sooo dang hard not to say something to my parents and in-laws. Only saving grace I think is that we don't live close so talking is over phone or text. Hoping we can convince them to come out to help us move once we know the specific dates so we can tell them in person.

Looks like today and most of this weekend will be me being lazy - back is hurting a lot today =/

And I think I have pregnancy rhinitis o_O Basically I'm sneezing A LOT... I NEVER sneeze.

DSemcho I'm dreading the sneezes! I hear allergies can be worsened during pregnancy and I can only imagine how mine are going to worsen. DH and I are going to need to keep up on dusting for sure, ack!

I got my first little waves of what might be MS today. So far I'm just hungry and am lightheaded with small headaches - the feeling you get when you haven't eaten in a while? That feeling! I'm eating regularly so the feeling's kind of annoying. Welcome to pregnancy, eh?

Has anyone got any ideas to help with insomnia, I'm end the end of my tether. I'm so tired and grumpy that I feel like my little boy is suffering. 3 nights running I have had to get my hubby to move rooms because of his snoring but I still haven't been getting to sleep till about 5 am :(

Well my worries over not darkening lines the other day were legitimate. Ice had a chemical as AF started this afternoon just one day late. :(

Happy and healthy 9 months to the rest of you.

NDH I'm so sorry to hear that - I hope you try again and end up in the September group, keep in touch! And keep your chin up.

Hey Sass, good idea re the speciality drink. I did that at a wedding I was at when I was pregnant with Isla and it worked well. I am just going to pass on going out today, I do have a deadline on Monday that I need to meet so hopefully he will understand. I also scheduled an important phone call that I can’t miss…

Welcome Wonders, wishing you a H&H 9 months! :wave:

Bebedreamer, it’s funny my prenatal instructor was a Doula (trained through DONA) so I was asking her about training, etc and she had not been pleased with DONA recently. She actually stopped her doula business and now just focuses on Childbirth Education, which she really enjoys. And yes, I am in Canada, ON in fact!

Greats, that is a tricky situation re the little boy. Calling children services is pretty serious so you would really want to make sure the situation is dire before doing so. Keeping a log is a great idea. If she is refusing to comply with the rules you have set out I would give her a warning or have a stern talk to her about it. Maybe write down all expectations, including that he be properly dressed for outdoor weather. We have all of those rules at Isla’s daycare too. Also, if she has more than three runny diapers (diarrhea) in a day then we have to pick her up, perhaps enforce the same rule and say you need to see a doctor’s note before he comes back? If it doesn’t improve you would have to make the decision about whether or not to keep caring for him or not and then maybe involve the authorities? Sounds like an awful situation, sorry you are going through it.

Xprincess, totally makes sense, glad the lines are darker!

Celtic, I totally hear you on the tired thing, have been going to bed at 8:30- 9:00 recently.

Lavenderlove, I don’t see my midwife until 10 weeks normally so you do have time. I normally do my preliminary blood work through my regular family doctor, as well as a dating ultrasound and then all of that information is just transferred to my midwife. I am going to do my bloodwork early next week and will probably have an ultrasound around 8 weeks.

MrsG, I totally heard Isla’s heartbeat at our 10 week appointment. It was amazing.

Preliminary doctor's appointment yesterday, nothing exciting. Just ordered bloodwork (which I have to go back and do as I had Isla with me and she was having a fit :wacko:) and can schedule a dating ultrasound whenever I want. Calling the midwives next week to get an appointment in January.

NDH my heart is breaking for you! I'll say a little prayer and hope to see you in future pregnancy groups when the time is right! Xo

so sorry ndh! :(

I am getting ready to go to the pregnancy center for an appointment it just to get some paperwork done. since I am only 4 weeks and 1 day , obviously it is not a scan, as they wouldn't see anything at all right now LOL.

I feel sick today :(

I'm also on the verge of quitting my job...so the nausea isn't helping! lol

So sorry NDH. Your sticky will come soon!

Sorry I haven't been on here much lately ladies. I took the past two days off I was feeling so sick. Back at work today and I feel even worse. I wonder if the stress from just being here is making me more sick? I didn't feel this sick the past two days I was out but did Monday and Tuesday at work and now today. Thank God I'm giving my notice after the new year.

Absolutely nothing seems appetizing today. Nothing. Tried a few sips of my breakfast shake and felt so sick. Gonna be a long day.

Going to OHs parents this weekend after I babysit on Saturday. They have a holiday cookie exchange on Sunday. I started crying because I literally have no time to make any cookies.....oh hormones

Also I think I may have missed some people. If I haven't added you to the don't yet, let me know your EDD and I'll be sure to get that on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->