**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Oh and yeah I've never checked my cervix either. I'm no prude when it comes to my own body but I just can't do it. Plus I have small fingers...

I've never checked my cervix either. I just.... Can't. I would probably just freak myself out! :)

I hope you girls don't mind but I really need to rant. I was excited to tell two of my best friends today. We went out for lunch including my other friend who knew already and who is super happy for me. The other 2 are childless and have no interest in having kids ever or for a good few years but I thought they'd be happy for me.

I was wrong. Their reaction was not great! They both just started talking about how our friendship was going to change and things won't be the same and I'll never want to go out any more or do anything! God! Anyone would think this is about them!!

I was meant to be going out tonight aswell as part of a big group inc them but the weather here is torrential rain and wind and I'm exhausted so after i got home i messaged them both and I said I wouldn't be going any more and I got abuse for it! Saying the weather excuse is a cop out and i should be making an effort to see my friends. This really made me angry and upset as they made out that I'm just being lazy!! I'm exhausted and I don't want to spend all night with everyone getting drunk and being out in this weather. Plus they live pretty close to town whereas we're reliant on taxis which are hard to get on boxing day. I was upset and phoned my other friend who was out with us today too who said she had thought their reaction was out of order and selfish. She didn't say anything to me earlier as I hadn't mentioned it, but it took a while to sink in and then i got angry. At least I know it's not just me being hormonal and overreacting. I'm surprised, annoyed and upset I really thought better of them.

I hope you girls don't mind but I really need to rant. I was excited to tell two of my best friends today. We went out for lunch including my other friend who knew already and who is super happy for me. The other 2 are childless and have no interest in having kids ever or for a good few years but I thought they'd be happy for me.

I was wrong. Their reaction was not great! They both just started talking about how our friendship was going to change and things won't be the same and I'll never want to go out any more or do anything! God! Anyone would think this is about them!!

I was meant to be going out tonight aswell as part of a big group inc them but the weather here is torrential rain and wind and I'm exhausted so after i got home i messaged them both and I said I wouldn't be going any more and I got abuse for it! Saying the weather excuse is a cop out and i should be making an effort to see my friends. This really made me angry and upset as they made out that I'm just being lazy!! I'm exhausted and I don't want to spend all night with everyone getting drunk and being out in this weather. Plus they live pretty close to town whereas we're reliant on taxis which are hard to get on boxing day. I was upset and phoned my other friend who was out with us today too who said she had thought their reaction was out of order and selfish. She didn't say anything to me earlier as I hadn't mentioned it, but it took a while to sink in and then i got angry. At least I know it's not just me being hormonal and overreacting. I'm surprised, annoyed and upset I really thought better of them.

After I got married and had my daughter, my best friend stopped talking to me. I tried everything to keep our friendship going and she didn't care. She was too busy and loved her single life, and said she didn't have patience for kids which is crap bc she's an aunt to two little ones! I literally haven't spoken to her in months.

What I'm saying is, trust me they aren't going to be your friends much longer. So I wouldn't even bother trying bc you're just going to end up hurt. It's sad but happens to a lot of new moms. It sucks but people are selfish and truly only care about themselves.

Jaspie, I'm so sorry your friends were not nicer to you. I agree it sounds like they were being very selfish and rude, I'd be hurt and angry too. :hugs:

Thanks both. Greats that's sad about your friend! And so rude of her! I hope it's just the shock for them as the worry they feel about things changing but I've seen them both in a new light today which is sad.

Question about cervix positions. So a little tmi. Hubby and I were having 'relations " and was a tad uncomfortable. I was like easy and he's like what is that.?? Hah. I know it had to be cervix. But why is it low like. Low. Almost hard. Like when my Af would be coming. I haven't checked any cervical position since probably 4 days after pregnancy. Didn't want to disturb. Lol. But that experience today has me worried. Does it move about like thT?

It is normal for the cervix to change position during the day it does go high and softer in pregnancy but when that happens is different for everyone I wouldn't worry for now

Jaspie so sorry to hear that. I get it though. When I got married my friends were totally the same because we all went out together still and I'm a total girls girl so our friendships were never affected. But when I first told my one friend I was pregnant she commented about how we couldn't go to the wineries. Then I didn't hear from her for 6 weeks. I finally caved and sent her a message saying how I was hurt because she was one of the only ones I had told, and she hadn't shown any interest at all. She felt really bad and explained that she was not sure how to react to the situation, that she thought I would just be telling her anything I wanted her to know, that she didn't want to pry etc. I was hurt but definitely felt better after I said something. I told her again this time (not sure why) and she handled it better initially but I feel we are just at different stages. It's bound to happen. And in life you'll always go through phases and meet new friends at different stages. Right? So I try not to take it too personally, even though I know it's hard, and I do.

Don't let them get you down. Unfortunately greats is right, you'll be the one hurt in this if you let it upset you.

About the cervix talk, nope....definitely can't do it. It freaks me out a little bit haha, I'm not big on fingers inside me AND I wouldn't know what I was looking for anyways :S

So sorry jaspie. People suck. :(
Greats- I'm 5 hours into my sea bands and haven't felt sick once. Hoping they work tomorrow too as we have so much company to entertain.

So sorry jaspie. People suck. :(
Greats- I'm 5 hours into my sea bands and haven't felt sick once. Hoping they work tomorrow too as we have so much company to entertain.

I need to get them. I'll try anything at this point haha

Thanks all :hugs: you are right Sunshine we're at different stages now. I guess I'll just have to see what happens. I still love them so i hope that once the shock wears off we can just carry on!

Re cervix talk before I was pregnant I had no trouble checking my cervix but now everything seems so swollen down there i don't like the thought of pushing my way in and I'm scared I'd irritate it and cause a bleed! Paranoid i know!

I can very much relate to your situation. I am an introvert hence I have trouble making friends especially after I turned 30. So, my bestfriends are still my mates from the highschool and university. My bff from hs is still unmarried and would probably not have any children soon as her partner already has 5 kids from a previous relationship which had legal complications.. Anyway, my bff has accepted that she might never be a mum. We actually became closer when I struggled through infertility for 5 years, helping each other find the serenity in childlessness. And then I miraculously got pregnant. At first she was very excited and supportive, but after I have given birth, she slowly withdraw away from me. She never return my calls, facebook messages and emails. She said she is just busy with her work. The thing is I have been very sensitive with her feelings, making sure I don't talk to her too much about my son. No milestones, no colic insanity whatsover.. In fact, I would always talk about my jobhunting activities or how I was duped by my current employer. I am so sad losing my bff and I know because of my introversion it is just too hard for me to form new relationships. Sorry for the very long rant.
Have a good day!

Thanks ladies on the cervix check input. I don't normally check anymore. But had to after dtd was weird feeling. Which last time dtd
It was not weird feeling. So thought maybe it moved down. And I'm expecting it to move up

Hi ladies

Took another cb digi hoping to see 3+ but still said 2-3 (i'm not worried though because i think i'm only 20 or 21dpo)

Opened the two digi tests (i know you shouldn't) and yesterdays lines were darker than todays. So i freaked out and took a frer with SMU and my HCG was high enough to draw colour out of the control line! the control line looks like my 3+5 test line!!

So happy now and going to try not to stress over the digi's.

Symptom wise my nipples are tingly when touched and still really sore. I have been having heatburn and even had to buy some rennie. I wake up famished, stomach growling and everything when I used to be able to skip breakfast no problem. Occasional nausea too but that may just be from nerves!

Hi ladies

Took another cb digi hoping to see 3+ but still said 2-3 (i'm not worried though because i think i'm only 20 or 21dpo)

Opened the two digi tests (i know you shouldn't) and yesterdays lines were darker than todays. So i freaked out and took a frer with SMU and my HCG was high enough to draw colour out of the control line! the control line looks like my 3+5 test line!!

So happy now and going to try not to stress over the digi's.

Symptom wise my nipples are tingly when touched and still really sore. I have been having heatburn and even had to buy some rennie. I wake up famished, stomach growling and everything when I used to be able to skip breakfast no problem. Occasional nausea too but that may just be from nerves!

step away from those digital test LOL they are more worry than they are worth I swear 2-3 would be right for now anyway so I would not worry there either :flower:

I drove my self mad waiting to get a 3+ this time and never did yet think it is to late now as I am either 8 weeks or nearly 9 weeks now so hook effect so am now waiting on a scan to check all is ok

Agreed. Step away from the tests lol :)

I'm a ball of nerves. Just want my scan to come quickly to make sure all is okay. I don't think I'll rest until then. Tuesday at 1:30pm. If I see a heartbeat and a baby, I will be able to calm a bit. I'm so worried I'm going to see blood. Such a bad feeling.

Just want my little babe. X

Agreed. Step away from the tests lol :)

I'm a ball of nerves. Just want my scan to come quickly to make sure all is okay. I don't think I'll rest until then. Tuesday at 1:30pm. If I see a heartbeat and a baby, I will be able to calm a bit. I'm so worried I'm going to see blood. Such a bad feeling.

Just want my little babe. X

I am just past the point I started bleeding on my last pregnancy just hoping I get to next week with none as well :flower: as that is when I started spotting and then mc

It's so nice for you to pass that terrible milestone Celtic. Really happy for you.
I'm super nerves too. I feel like I've just heard about so many mmc that had ms after the baby had passed and never knew it, and I'm convinced that's what's happening to me now. My ms is so intense and has been since the week after o. It just seems bizarre. Like my body doesn't agree with this LO or something. Does that sound nuts?

It's so nice for you to pass that terrible milestone Celtic. Really happy for you.
I'm super nerves too. I feel like I've just heard about so many mmc that had ms after the baby had passed and never knew it, and I'm convinced that's what's happening to me now. My ms is so intense and has been since the week after o. It just seems bizarre. Like my body doesn't agree with this LO or something. Does that sound nuts?

Thank you :flower:

When I had my MMC my baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and all my symptoms stopped I was not tired any more and no more MS I thought I was really lucky till at 8 weeks I started spotting and later found out by scan baby had passed! on a good note I conceived straight away after wards

so for me MS is a good sign that all is going as it should :hugs: and I think in most cases this is the case

Sass you're not nuts. I'm sorry yiu feel that way, I'm feeling the same. I was one of those ones who had ms continue after baby had passed, for 5 weeks. But I will say it was super intense and I now know things were not right. I had a tiny amount of blood one day but no cramps and not enough to feel worried or like I was miscarrying. Even hubby said the amount I had was probably okay, as it stopped and I had no cramps. So there was no other way to know. I understand your fear, but try to stay calm as you are NOT spotting this time. I'm right around the time I had the blood as well, so I'm on edge. But ms is still a good sign!! Stay positive as there are no signs pointing to anything wrong for you..... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->