2021 journal!

Updated lists, boys book boxes are almost complete except Zac's as I'm struggling to find a book that I can then buy something themed to that he'll enjoy. It'll probably have to be football related haha I'm considering giving them to them as their Christmas eve gift from us, woth the pjs, almost like a Christmas eve box. I had planned a family one with just all their pjs plus stuff to do together like a board game and a dvd etc

You're doing great. The Christmas eve presents sound like a great idea :)

Thank you, I'm going to add sweets and Hot chocolate. I was going to do it as gift baskets but I think I might be better off with gift bags instead as I didn't manage to keep all the items small with the younger ones but it's tough to do when it's a toy really.

Sounds lovely, I bet they will love it!

Thanks ladies ! We are going to go ahead and buy DD1 the Sylvanian Families house when I can actually find a Home Bargain that has it in stock !

Updated lists, boys book boxes are almost complete except Zac's as I'm struggling to find a book that I can then buy something themed to that he'll enjoy. It'll probably have to be football related haha I'm considering giving them to them as their Christmas eve gift from us, woth the pjs, almost like a Christmas eve box. I had planned a family one with just all their pjs plus stuff to do together like a board game and a dvd etc
Ooo do you have any pictures of the book boxes ?!

Thats so annoying about the Lego set ! Hope you can make some money back and find a replacement gift !

Unfortunately not as I haven't begun to put them together yet. I stole the idea from a couple of subscription services I saw advertised on Facebook though. The kids ones had a book and some little toys in, the adults ones had books, socks, chocolate, teas, and little bits like that to get all comfy to read. Some even had a travel mug.
If I combine them as their Christmas eve box then an example would be that ds5 will have new pjs, some chocolates (probably buttons or festive friends biscuits maybe) Tom Fletchers new Christmasaurus picture book, a Christmasaurus cuddly toy, a dinosaur cup, dinosaur pop it and some little wooden dinosaurs.
Ds1 will have pjs, a book of stories from people who worked on spitfires in the war, a model Spitfire, a Spitfire mug, hot chocolate and some sweets. I'll probably add one more thing to his to make it a little more exciting.

Good luck finding stock of the sylvanian family house. I wanted them so badly as a kid, ds4 showed an interest a little while ago and I was all excited thinking I might get to play with them, then he never mentioned them again

I'm thinking I might do something like this for BIL but put it together myself so it's cheaper. We usually do a food themed gift for BIL and SIL but I feel like it's all a bit same-y this year so this would be a little different. I don't know whether to do SIL a matching one as she lives with BIL after her landlord raised the rent beyond what she could afford. Their birthday is 1 day apart as well so I guess I could do a sharing one for their birthdays and make it a bit more exciting, but unsure if it's not fair to make them share.

I've ordered some wrapping paper from studio. I don't know what I've got left from last year but think it was next to nothing. I think it'll be enough as I won't need as much this year with having less gifts for the big ones.

Found some bits for Zacs book/Christmas eve box. Went with the Football theme after all, though nearly did sherlock just to change things up haha

Finished ds4s birthday and I'm all out of money now so that's me done for a while hahaha

Unfortunately not as I haven't begun to put them together yet. I stole the idea from a couple of subscription services I saw advertised on Facebook though. The kids ones had a book and some little toys in, the adults ones had books, socks, chocolate, teas, and little bits like that to get all comfy to read. Some even had a travel mug.
If I combine them as their Christmas eve box then an example would be that ds5 will have new pjs, some chocolates (probably buttons or festive friends biscuits maybe) Tom Fletchers new Christmasaurus picture book, a Christmasaurus cuddly toy, a dinosaur cup, dinosaur pop it and some little wooden dinosaurs.
Ds1 will have pjs, a book of stories from people who worked on spitfires in the war, a model Spitfire, a Spitfire mug, hot chocolate and some sweets. I'll probably add one more thing to his to make it a little more exciting.

Good luck finding stock of the sylvanian family house. I wanted them so badly as a kid, ds4 showed an interest a little while ago and I was all excited thinking I might get to play with them, then he never mentioned them again

Fantastic thanks so much for the idea ! I’m sure your kiddos will be delighted with them !

The Sylvanian families are so cute and I would have loved them as a kid ! Big Polly Pocket fan ! Fingers crossed I can get one soon !

I remember Polly Pocket, back when it was teeny. Loved those. And I can't remember the name of them now but the figures were tiny, not much bigger than polly pocket, but were animals that I suppose were similar in a way to sylvanian families in that you could get a bakery and a school and they wore clothes but they weren't fuzzy and you couldn't change their clothes.

Yes if I see a bargain I'm liable to grab it anyway and ignore the fact I shouldn't be spending haha. I did consider making a dash to primark once dh is paid on Friday to see what they've got underwear and pjs wise, I did see playstation Socks when I was last in but I had an appointment for my covid jab and there was a queue.

I bought Nate and Seth a wrestler each from a tag team, so they could play together as a team. They arrived separately yesterday, only I received 2 of the same wrestler. I've had to try to contact the seller through amazon which is a faff and now waiting for a response.

I remember Polly Pocket, back when it was teeny. Loved those. And I can't remember the name of them now but the figures were tiny, not much bigger than polly pocket, but were animals that I suppose were similar in a way to sylvanian families in that you could get a bakery and a school and they wore clothes but they weren't fuzzy and you couldn't change their clothes.

Yes if I see a bargain I'm liable to grab it anyway and ignore the fact I shouldn't be spending haha. I did consider making a dash to primark once dh is paid on Friday to see what they've got underwear and pjs wise, I did see playstation Socks when I was last in but I had an appointment for my covid jab and there was a queue.

I’m not sure what those animal ones are but I would have loved them too haha ! .

I am thinking about doing a Primark trip soon too for the pjs etc . My girls love the Disney pjs want those for their Xmas Eve boxes

I bought Nate and Seth a wrestler each from a tag team, so they could play together as a team. They arrived separately yesterday, only I received 2 of the same wrestler. I've had to try to contact the seller through amazon which is a faff and now waiting for a response.
Urgh that’s soooo annoying !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"