28-36 weeks forum

hey ladies :wave:

how is everyone doing? pretty uncomfy here these days :( Had a scare this weekend and wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen?

After a later than usual night out and greesy foods I work up middle of the night and popped up like a jack in the box gasping for air! Felt like minutes with ZERO air coming in or out....WHAT A PANIC FEELING! Finally got air in and started coughing like crazy...bad burning lava acid came up and felt like id throw up for sure but thankfully didnt! Stayed up most of the night, terrified and doing kick counts to make sure all was ok with baby. Seems to be normal since but OMG what the hell was that? After some googling and talking to my Dr it could just have been reflux or a "one off" but hey if it happens again just head to the hospital dear! LOL Yea...thx a bunch! Ill sleep even more soundly now :haha:

Yep reflux. Iv had this a couple of times along with waking up with sick in my mouth :-(

I've been having this nightly. Some things that have helped me:

Not eating or drinking a few hours before bed
Propping your head up with pillows
Sleeping sitting up (not my favorite)
Taking a Zantac before bed
Cutting out heartburn inducing foods

I've had dreadful reflux. Like bundle4me, I wake up feeling like my chest and throat are on fire, often with sick in my mouth.

I've been sleeping with a bottle of double action Gaviscon by the bed. It doesn't get rid of it completely but it definitely helps.

My reflux is bad to, Dr gave me peptac, it kinda works but it makes me gag to swallow, a few times I've just thrown it straight back up. I have a sore throat from the burning.

I'm trying some essential oils tonight for heartburn. I'll let you know the outcome.

had reflux in the car this morning - so gross, so can defo sympathise with you there !

I'm just sooooo hot! cannot seem to cool down, its over 30 degrees here today which is unusual so not used to it! love the sun, but it really is far too hot! x

hey ladies :wave:

how is everyone doing? pretty uncomfy here these days :( Had a scare this weekend and wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen?

After a later than usual night out and greesy foods I work up middle of the night and popped up like a jack in the box gasping for air! Felt like minutes with ZERO air coming in or out....WHAT A PANIC FEELING! Finally got air in and started coughing like crazy...bad burning lava acid came up and felt like id throw up for sure but thankfully didnt! Stayed up most of the night, terrified and doing kick counts to make sure all was ok with baby. Seems to be normal since but OMG what the hell was that? After some googling and talking to my Dr it could just have been reflux or a "one off" but hey if it happens again just head to the hospital dear! LOL Yea...thx a bunch! Ill sleep even more soundly now :haha:

NewbieLisette: I have had the exact same thing happen 4 or 5 times in my life but only once since being pregnant and it happened the other night. It was awful. Can't breath and just keep gasping for air but you barely get any.. I also threw up some heartburn nastyness (usually I don't throw up and it's only saliva) I always assumed it was a panic attack after I googled years ago when I had my first one. The first time I had it I was very stressed out and as a new adult was in a very stressful time in life dealing with a sick mother in law with dementia who could no longer care for herself. Just the other day when I had another "episode" we had watched my mother in law for the day... which I feel adds stress to my life and might give me panic attacks. It's weird and I hate it!!!

But your post has me wondering what a "one off" is...? I do fear sometimes it's me not breathing or something that wakes me up in an attack... luckily it only happens once or twice a year. :/

DH has told me it sounds like I'm not breathing right before it happens. So scary! Thankfully our bodies react to it and wake us up. I've started elevating my head more and that seems to help.

DH has told me it sounds like I'm not breathing right before it happens. So scary! Thankfully our bodies react to it and wake us up. I've started elevating my head more and that seems to help.

Sounds a bit like sleep apnea, do you snore?

Sounds a bit like sleep apnea, do you snore?

I didn't before but I do now that I'm pregnant. I don't think it's sleep apnea. It happens seconds before the acid reflux and coughing occurs. I'm pretty sure it's hearburn related. Nights I take Zantac it doesn't happen.

Ah fair enough. Just the fact you're oh said your breathing sounded funny made me wonder.

Ah fair enough. Just the fact you're oh said your breathing sounded funny made me wonder.

He's become quite observant of my snoring and sleeping. 1st tri he would literally wake me up if I was sleeping on my stomach or back. Rage!

I hate that so many of us are experiencing this but it makes me feel like it's more normal than I assumed.

Hope you ladies are all okay.
Iv just realised I'm 34 weeks today and only got 5 weeks left eeeekkkkk I'm so excited!!!!!

I guess I'm officially out of this group now...37 weeks tomorrow. I have an appointment at 9am tomorrow for a growth scan and to check whether baby is still transverse (which I think he is). If so, we'll be scheduling a c-section for sometime in the 39th week 😬

Ooh not long now bundle! How exciting!

Good luck princess :) fingers crossed baby has turned :flower:

Anyone notice their itchy boobs are back? This week I've been wanting to scratch them like crazy!!

Well my baby is here. His movements slowed right down. I had monitoring daily and he was born 29 th June. Weighing 5lb 1. He had no fluid and is a lb smaller than they thought so just shows the poor little man was having trouble. He is perfect and we got home today. So glad I trusted my gut and pushed for closer monitoring. Sad I never got past the 36 weeks mark but so happy he's here. Daniel James.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->