28-36 weeks forum

Lovely bumps ladies! People keep saying I'm tiny/neat but i feel huge for almost 28 weeks. Have a midwife appt on wednesday so will see how I'm measuring up, as well as the dreaded whooping cough vaccine, anti-d vaccine and blood test :nope: hoping baby has moved from transverse/breech to head down now! fingers crossed, though i think she's still transverse! x

I am hating my bump this time around, I am 5 stone heavier than I was when pregnant with my DS (I am 16st now) and strangers still wouldn't be able to tell I am pregnant. My bump starts just under my boobs so quite high up but I have a really bad saggy bit at the bottom so I just look REALLY obese in everything I wear.

Had Mw 28w appointment today, measuring exactly 28cm, head down. yay. Blood taken and whooping cough vaccine booked for next week.

Ella, still loads of time for your baby to turn my mw said it didn't really matter yet.

Sorry you're feeling low about your appearance Princess. My bump is high too - with a saggy not at the bottom which is ice cream related, rather than baby.

I just had my 28 week appointment. I've been seen so much recently anyway that I would have been surprised if there was a problem with routine tests. Measuring 29 weeks (pleased with that as I was always 2-3 weeks ahead with my son), BP normal, urine clear. Had bloods taken but just realised they didn't mention whooping cough vaccine. I assumed it would be at that appointment.

Lovely bumps ladies! People keep saying I'm tiny/neat but i feel huge for almost 28 weeks. Have a midwife appt on wednesday so will see how I'm measuring up, as well as the dreaded whooping cough vaccine, anti-d vaccine and blood test :nope: hoping baby has moved from transverse/breech to head down now! fingers crossed, though i think she's still transverse! x

The tdap vaccine isn't that bad. I had a sore arm and small lump for about 2 days and then it went away.

Yes, for me, Tdap was a very minor bump: Slight headache, feeling off the day after (really very slight - like after a shortish night of sleep). VERY minor pain in arm - just be very relaxed when they put it in to reduce muscle damage.

I have my glucose test tomorrow morning, but I'm curious if they will measure me too? I haven't been measured since the u/s at 20 weeks and they didn't tell me the measurements just that I was on target.

I have my glucose test tomorrow morning, but I'm curious if they will measure me too? I haven't been measured since the u/s at 20 weeks and they didn't tell me the measurements just that I was on target.

Do you see your doctor tomorrow too or just going to the lab for your glucose test? My doctor has measured me at every appointment since I started showing...

I have my 32 week appointment tomorrow morning and get my TDAP vaccine today. She told me to do it soon when I went to my 29 week appt but I got sick the very next day and was sick with a cold for 2 weeks so I didnt want to get it when sick.

I am wondering when they are going to start checking his position and all that stuff. The only thing she really does is measure my fundals and listens to heartbeat. They also said I wouldn't be getting anymore ultrasounds unless there was a reason too so how do they approximate his weight? Would that only be done with an ultrasound? Sorry for all the newbie questions!!

They only approximate weight with ultrasound and you would only be sent for one if your fundal measurements were out. With my first I always measured 2-3 weeks ahead so they would say it's likely to be a big baby (he was) but not anything to me concerned about.

They've been checking baby's position since 16 weeks with me.

Here is my bump

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 16
I have my 32 week appointment tomorrow morning and get my TDAP vaccine today. She told me to do it soon when I went to my 29 week appt but I got sick the very next day and was sick with a cold for 2 weeks so I didnt want to get it when sick.

I am wondering when they are going to start checking his position and all that stuff. The only thing she really does is measure my fundals and listens to heartbeat. They also said I wouldn't be getting anymore ultrasounds unless there was a reason too so how do they approximate his weight? Would that only be done with an ultrasound? Sorry for all the newbie questions!!

I haven't gotten an ultrasound since I was 18 weeks when we found out the gender. My doctor also said that I probably will not get another one unless there is a cause for concern. We do have a private ultrasound scheduled for this coming Tuesday and I'm hoping they can give me an estimated weight :).

Hi ladies! seems to be the week for appointments...I had my 28 week one yesterday. All is fine - 28 plus 2 and measuring 29cms, baby head down, BP 120/70, whooping cough jab booked and bloods taken. HB was in the 137-148 range, and I weighed myself today and have gained 17lb. All pretty standard and non-eventful - which I guess is what we want really.

Arghhh in such a rotten mood today. Really suffering with SPD and sciatica, the heat is making me swell like a balloon and I'm so tired!! Having to get up at 5am every morning to run dh to work and then get the kids to school is taking its toll now! Sorry for ranting - needed to have a moan! Hope all you ladies are doing well xx

Hey ladies. In anyone else feeling crampy?! My back aches constantly (it has on and off all the way through) and I'm a bit crampy in my tummy (really mild) feels like more "toilet" cramps. I'm paranoid about premature delivery again.... Can't wait for 34/35 weeks... I can relax a bit then!! Xx

Hi ladies can I join you. 31 weeks with 3rd baby and will be having a c section at approx 39 weeks. Started over weight and have gained 7kg so just over a stone, my midwife isn't impressed by this as I'm only ment to gain 9kg max with me being over weight. Had my gtt at 28weeks and never got a called so assumed all was well but when I saw my midwife yesterday she rang the labs and my test was 8.3 and suppose to be under 7.8 so I have to see the diabetes team next week. Ds was over 11lb so maybe I had it with him but was never checked. Fundal is 4-5cm over but she's putting that down to my weight gain.
So let this time fly for us ladies xxx

Sounds like you're having a rough time bundle, I wouldn't worry too much about the weight gain - I think they like to make a big deal out of it! Hope the next few weeks go quickly for you xx

Miraclemomma I've been feeling cramps too, think it's normal! If you're worried best to get checked out though :flower:

Thanks ella, i feel okay in myself apart from being tired all the time. Just hope this Gd doesn't cause me or baby any problems I'm already worried about my section. Not long to go I suppose. Hope your well xx

Thanks Ella. Heading to my PAU at 3.30 to get checked. Just want to be doubly sure!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->