28 week bloods early?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
hi ladies,
what are we being tested for when we have our blood tests at 28 weeks?

I see my midwife a week today, I will be 28+1... when I went at 25 weeks she told me to go for my 28 week bloods a few days before I see her so the results will be back by the time I see her... will they still be effective?

I was going to get them today, I am 27+1 but will this be too early?
I cant make a decision as I don't know what they test for and if its anything specific that only happens after 28 weeks :shrug:
im so uneducated lol x

I didn't know there was 28 weeks bloods lol but blood tests aren't an expired thing... The only things I remember having which I have to have withing a certain time frame is gbs and my blood type match I have to have 48 hours before my section so they can have blood on hand..

Other than that I don't think it matters as long as its kinda around the same time as ur appt.

thanks :) im not quite sure what they are for either... ive had my GTT and she sent me for an anaemia blood test early, so no idea what these are testing lol x

It was just routine bloods for me, FBC and antibodies (because i'm Rh-ve). Shouldn't be a problem to have them today.

Routine FBC -

Checking organ function, iron levels, hormone levels etc etc. 1 week isn't going to make a massive amount of difference. If they think you're borderline for anything you may be sent for another 32-34 weeks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->