• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2nd driving test tomorrow and I feel sick...

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I had my driving test in November and failed with 5 minors and a major.. The major was for failing to turn off my signal when leaving a roundabout.

I immediately booked another test and it's come round so quick. I haven't had much practise due to starting a new job so been too skint for lessons and not had much time.

Hubby took me out in his car earlier and I drove fine apart from I kept going into 1st gear instead of 3rd but I think that's because I'm not used to his car.

I've got a 2 hour lesson before my test tomorrow but I feel like cancelling because I just know there's a high chance I'm going to fail!

I've got some over the counter herbal tablets to help with the anxiety but I really do feel like I'm going to throw up and my stomach is in knots :(

Anyone any tips?

Driving tests suck, EVERYONE feels like this before theirs, but at the end of the day- what is the worst that can happen? If you cancel you are just putting it off (and probably lost your money), if you fail at least you've given it a go and have the experience to learn from and you could of course pass! It's luck on the day as to what they get you to do and how you react, we all learn to drive after we've passed, everything before that is teaching you to pass a test!

For me the best thing to calm me down is to concentrate on my breathing, anxiety and fear speeds up your breathing and is what makes your body panic, get a grip of your breathing and your whole body will relax. A therapist taught me: find somewhere quiet before, take 3 deep breaths, on the out breath say peeeeeeeaaaaaaccccccce (peace) as you breathe out, really helps me.

Good luck, we have all been there, but if you fail it's no biggie don't let it overwhelm you xx

Thank you for the advice :) I have anxiety too so this is making things worse. I know I can drive. It's the not knowing what's going to happen tomorrow that's driving me mad. I would lose my money if I cancelled now but at this moment in time Im not thinking about the money. Eurgh this feeling is awful :(

Just wanted to say good luck! It took me three attempts to pass my test so I completely understand how you're feeling. You'll be fine :) xx

Thank you Kate! I just can't wait for it to be over with either way. I'm not good at coping with anxiety x

Driving tests are just awful. Just think though, this time tomorrow if will all be done, you know you can drive, you've just got to brace yourself and gets this bit over with. Sorry I'm not much help, I'm rubbish with any kind of test or exam,I was really nervous for my driving test, I just took it minute by minute and tried not to over think it. Good luck x

My instructor is picking me up in just over an hour. I feel sick as a dog! :( really hope I pass this time. I don't think I could put myself through all this anxiety again x

Bless you. I can still remember the day of mine and it was years ago. I was so nervous as well. Your be fine just try and stay as calm as possible. Good Luck xx

Thank you. Test is at 11.40 so will let you know how I get on x

Oh gosh I remember feeling so sick with the nerves to the point I had really bad belly ache and barely slept lol! Crazy I know!

The fact that you've done it before should help as you know what to expect. I would say just treat like a normal drive or even like one of your lessons with your instructor. Don't even think too much about the examiner sat next to you and just concentrate on what you have to do.

Stay calm and even if you feel you done something wrong don't think about it too much as this can have negative effect on the whole test.

Good luck x

My driving test has just been cancelled by the test centre :( the examiner is no longer available apparently. I'm so annoyed :( xx

I'm so sorry it got cancelled, its horrible when you try to prepare yourself for something and the it doesn't go ahead. Have they said when it will be rescheduled for?

Arrrgh so frustrating, that happened to my first test, I got a cancellation 3 weeks later xx

They have booked it in for next Thursday and said if I can't make that date I will have to wait until the beginning of April. The thing is, I've just started a new job and I don't know if they are going to let me book another day off so soon. Going to ask today but you are meant to give at least 2 weeks notice :(

Oh that's really annoying!! It would have been good if another examiner could have took the test with you!

Hopefully your work place will be understanding and give you the day off x

Work are letting me have the day off :) just waiting for my instructor to get back to me to confirm the date is ok x

Driving tests are just the worst! My anxiety was through the roof (I passed on my 4th time, eek!) but chewing gum helped as it gave me something to focus on.
How frustrating that it got cancelled! Good luck for next Thursday :)

So I had a lesson yesterday and it went terrible! Really not feeling confident for Thursday :(

:hugs:

Before my last lesson, I kept doing the 1st instead of 3rd thing! Drove myself mental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->