30 yo and TTC #1

I'll make sure to put in a request for a real heatwave for you!

Hello ladies!

I am turning 30 next month and currently TTC baby #1. My husband is 31 and has a son from his previous marriage. I love being a stepmom but it's just not the same. Glad to have found this forum because I also felt left behind as my husband has already had a child and two of my YOUNGER brothers have kids already!

I was in birth control pills for about 2 years and I took my last pill on Christmas Eve. Not sure if my body is gonna need time to regulate. I'm guessing I ovulated around New Year's Eve so AF should show up around the 15th. Of course I could be totally wrong ha! Guess time will tell..

I love coming on the forums and hearing your stories. Now I can interact with you all!

Oh, I ordered a bunch of cheap test strips online and waiting for them to show up in the mail. I'm sure I'll test as soon as they do just because. I don't think it'll happen this fast and I have no symptoms but it's fun!

Good luck everyone!!

I'm in full on bad wife mode today.

DH isn't feeling well, and we've been trying to figure out if he's sick, or if it's nerves (we're both kind of nervous now that all this TTC talk is actually amounting to something). He just emailed that his boss is sending him home early because she doesn't like the way he looks. I really hope he's not sick because I don't like it when he's suffering and all that too, of course, but I swear, if he gets sick on me our first month TTC..... :trouble:

Hello ladies!

I am turning 30 next month and currently TTC baby #1. My husband is 31 and has a son from his previous marriage. I love being a stepmom but it's just not the same. Glad to have found this forum because I also felt left behind as my husband has already had a child and two of my YOUNGER brothers have kids already!

I was in birth control pills for about 2 years and I took my last pill on Christmas Eve. Not sure if my body is gonna need time to regulate. I'm guessing I ovulated around New Year's Eve so AF should show up around the 15th. Of course I could be totally wrong ha! Guess time will tell..

I love coming on the forums and hearing your stories. Now I can interact with you all!

Oh, I ordered a bunch of cheap test strips online and waiting for them to show up in the mail. I'm sure I'll test as soon as they do just because. I don't think it'll happen this fast and I have no symptoms but it's fun!

Good luck everyone!!

So great to meet you! :) GL this month! :)

DH isn't feeling well, and we've been trying to figure out if he's sick, or if it's nerves (we're both kind of nervous now that all this TTC talk is actually amounting to something). He just emailed that his boss is sending him home early because she doesn't like the way he looks. I really hope he's not sick because I don't like it when he's suffering and all that too, of course, but I swear, if he gets sick on me our first month TTC..... :trouble:

My husband did start to freak out the first month of ttc during ovulation week. We talked about the reasons we were ready and then he was ready to go!! :)

So on top of everything else, the poor guy slipped on the ice on his way to the car after work and hit his hip pretty hard. I guess he's off the hook for a couple days. The dogs are nursing him back to health.

Okay ladies, I'm in need of some encouragement. :cry:

On Saturday (my Cd8), my OPK showed low fertility. EWCM showed up that day though, so BD anyway. Sunday, OPK went straight to peak, skipping a step, and we BD'd that day as well. Well yesterday I still had EWCM and assumed O would come soon. No successful BD though. :( I hate admitting it out loud, but sometimes DH can't. It normally doesn't bother me, especially when we're just doing it for fun, but at crunch time, it's extremely stressful. We even had a little argument afterward which I feel awful about. :cry: He started a 24-hour shift this morning, and assuming I work tomorrow (school has been cancelled so far this week due to snow, but we may go back tomorrow), we won't have another chance until tomorrow night...which I'm guessing will be too late. It has me feeling like I don't have optimum chances this cycle anymore, which is killing me, especially since we're a little uphill anyways with low DH numbers.

To add to this, my temp still isn't shifting. I got my LH surge 48 hours ago. I expected a rise today, but no go. Now - in my gloomy, pessimistic state - I'm worrying that there's something wrong with me that's keeping me from ovulating. My biggest fear was finding out there's something wrong on my side, too. I'm not handling things well today. :nope:

I need hugs and encouragement in the worst way.

Thank you, guys. I've calmed down a little bit and am trying to keep my mind off of worrying and thinking about things. DH has been (through texts) very loving and forgiving today, and that has helped. It's good that I have such a good husband, or else I'd never make it through this. It's also good I have this outlet...reading what you guys say always makes me feel better. :hugs:

Glad things are going better. We recently had a time(a first so we were both super frustrated!) where DH couldn't keep it up and then when he could, I started to lose interest in dtd. We had a little argument too, but we both came around. I think we just need to remember there is a lot going on in our lives outside of TTC and if there is anything stressful, that is going to make dtd that much more of a challenge. I think DH beat himself up over it just as much as I got upset/beat myself up (thinking for some reason I was responsible). When I realized that, I knew that we were both just in a place that day where dtd wasn't going to happen. We were both bummed, but the next day, no problems!

I haven't tested yet. I figure if I haven't gotten it by Sat. then I will test. My longest cycle since getting off BC in April has been 32 days and has been between 30 and 32 since July. The 9th will be 32 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that :af: stays away.

Wow! That is some restraint there! Well good luck to you. Wishing you lots of baby dust!

Just an update on symptoms: add frequent urination(but it could be b/c I have been drinking more than I normally do like milk with dinner and some pomegranate juice)!! I'm trying not to get freaking excited....but I keep symptom checking! LOL UUGH! I keep squeezing my boobs just to make sure they're still a tad tender! I've been trying to keep busy by cleaning, shopping, and cruising the ttc community!!

good luck! My cycle has been a little inconsistent recently. If I go off of a 6 month trend, AF would be due this Sunday. However, last month AF came 5 days later and prior to that six months my cycles were 28 days consistently. I got confirmation that I don't need to worry about the length of my cycle at this point. So, I think I will wait to test until a week from Sunday just to be sure. I find that when I have decided to test, I don't sleep well the night before and I wake up way earlier than is necessary. So my approach is to wait longer and hopefully have a little less disappointment/stress/anxiety.

My husband did start to freak out the first month of ttc during ovulation week. We talked about the reasons we were ready and then he was ready to go!! :)

DH has basically told me "Well, I could be ready for a baby in 9 months." Meaning, once it happens, he will embrace it. This is a pretty typical response for him.

BTW, I go to work and you ladies just mozey on to the forum and post a ton while I am at work all day, huh??? LOL It's fine, I enjoy reading everything when I get home from work. I just find it amusing. Although I got home later than usual as I went to pick up a few things at Target and then supplies for our furbaby, Hailey who is coming home with us on Friday!

lsd Baby dust Hun!! hope the :witch: stays away!!

still no :witch: here either... doctor tomorrow! hopefully he can help put an end to the ??'s been peeing alot more than normal lately.. and woke up this am with BB's very sore, which never happens before af...

Maybe January is lucky for all of us! :thumbup:

Glad things are going better. We recently had a time(a first so we were both super frustrated!) where DH couldn't keep it up and then when he could, I started to lose interest in dtd. We had a little argument too, but we both came around. I think we just need to remember there is a lot going on in our lives outside of TTC and if there is anything stressful, that is going to make dtd that much more of a challenge. I think DH beat himself up over it just as much as I got upset/beat myself up (thinking for some reason I was responsible). When I realized that, I knew that we were both just in a place that day where dtd wasn't going to happen. We were both bummed, but the next day, no problems!

I really appreciate your sharing that. I've got to relax more and not put so much pressure on him.

Hello ladies!

Good luck everyone!!

Hello! Always nice to meet someone new. Good luck this month!

I haven't tested yet. I figure if I haven't gotten it by Sat. then I will test. My longest cycle since getting off BC in April has been 32 days and has been between 30 and 32 since July. The 9th will be 32 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that :af: stays away.

Wow! That is some restraint there! Well good luck to you. Wishing you lots of baby dust!

Just an update on symptoms: add frequent urination(but it could be b/c I have been drinking more than I normally do like milk with dinner and some pomegranate juice)!! I'm trying not to get freaking excited....but I keep symptom checking! LOL UUGH! I keep squeezing my boobs just to make sure they're still a tad tender! I've been trying to keep busy by cleaning, shopping, and cruising the ttc community!!

good luck! My cycle has been a little inconsistent recently. If I go off of a 6 month trend, AF would be due this Sunday. However, last month AF came 5 days later and prior to that six months my cycles were 28 days consistently. I got confirmation that I don't need to worry about the length of my cycle at this point. So, I think I will wait to test until a week from Sunday just to be sure. I find that when I have decided to test, I don't sleep well the night before and I wake up way earlier than is necessary. So my approach is to wait longer and hopefully have a little less disappointment/stress/anxiety.

DH has basically told me "Well, I could be ready for a baby in 9 months." Meaning, once it happens, he will embrace it. This is a pretty typical response for him.

BTW, I go to work and you ladies just mozey on to the forum and post a ton while I am at work all day, huh??? LOL It's fine, I enjoy reading everything when I get home from work. I just find it amusing. Although I got home later than usual as I went to pick up a few things at Target and then supplies for our furbaby, Hailey who is coming home with us on Friday!

Haha! I was totally at work today but it was incredibly slow today because the weather closed a lot of places!

lsd Baby dust Hun!! hope the :witch: stays away!!

still no :witch: here either... doctor tomorrow! hopefully he can help put an end to the ??'s been peeing alot more than normal lately.. and woke up this am with BB's very sore, which never happens before af...

Maybe January is lucky for all of us! :thumbup:

Good luck! Let us know.

I also forget that a lot of people have desk jobs where they can surf the internet fairly easily...I am an occupational therapist. If I am at a computer, I am documenting my sessions. Also, it's not public knowledge that we are TTC, and it's really not the business of my coworkers. Therefore, I wouldn't be on here at work even if I could.

Lots to catch up on today! I was super busy today at work so no time to read all of your posts!

Okay ladies, I'm in need of some encouragement. :cry:

On Saturday (my Cd8), my OPK showed low fertility. EWCM showed up that day though, so BD anyway. Sunday, OPK went straight to peak, skipping a step, and we BD'd that day as well. Well yesterday I still had EWCM and assumed O would come soon. No successful BD though. :( I hate admitting it out loud, but sometimes DH can't. It normally doesn't bother me, especially when we're just doing it for fun, but at crunch time, it's extremely stressful. We even had a little argument afterward which I feel awful about. :cry: He started a 24-hour shift this morning, and assuming I work tomorrow (school has been cancelled so far this week due to snow, but we may go back tomorrow), we won't have another chance until tomorrow night...which I'm guessing will be too late. It has me feeling like I don't have optimum chances this cycle anymore, which is killing me, especially since we're a little uphill anyways with low DH numbers.

To add to this, my temp still isn't shifting. I got my LH surge 48 hours ago. I expected a rise today, but no go. Now - in my gloomy, pessimistic state - I'm worrying that there's something wrong with me that's keeping me from ovulating. My biggest fear was finding out there's something wrong on my side, too. I'm not handling things well today. :nope:

I need hugs and encouragement in the worst way.

First, lots of hugs to you! :hugs: I did see your update to this DosPinkies but I also wanted to quickly share that this has happened with us too. I've actually found that if I tell DH when I am ovulating, he has trouble the day of. Performance anxiety maybe? I don't know but either way, I don't tell him anymore. I just seduce him and tell him once I'm in the TWW! If he asks I usually give some vague answer like oh I don't know in a week or so. :flower:

But I totally understand your fears. If you have a male factor issue, it's actually better to DTD every other day rather than every day. So it may have been a blessing in disguise! Sperm can live up to 4-5 days so you are definitely not out! Just try to relax and have fun trying with DH. We would have had to take a break if we weren't able to still enjoy :sex:!

As for the temperature shift, sometimes it can take a day to rise. Some women don't rise right away after ovulating so give it some time.
Good luck! Hope you see your temp shift soon!

Hello ladies!

Good luck everyone!!

Welcome!! Nice to meet you!

I also forget that a lot of people have desk jobs where they can surf the internet fairly easily...I am an occupational therapist. If I am at a computer, I am documenting my sessions. Also, it's not public knowledge that we are TTC, and it's really not the business of my coworkers. Therefore, I wouldn't be on here at work even if I could.

im at my desk most of the day, but also wouldnt imagine being on her at work... to risky

im at my desk most of the day, but also wouldnt imagine being on her at work... to risky

I have an office so I usually come on here on my phone during lunch, if I have time.

I've been off work the last couple days on account of terrible weather. I have a long commute on public transportation, and I don't get paid enough to risk frostbite ;)

I do pop on at work every now and then, but I work for an accountant, and now that we're going into tax season, there will be less and less of that.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Excited to share this journey with you all. I love reading the updates. Just wish I had more to report ha. I'm so new to this and learning as I go..

I work from home so I'm on here all the time! :)

I've been off since Dec. 20th! School was supposed to go back Monday, but snow is keeping us out. We're still closed tomorrow even. I've gotta tell ya, I know it sounds awesome to have that much time off, but I am B-O-R-E-D. Plus all this time to obsess over TTC is not working out for my delicate little psyche! (;

There are so many of you who are so close to testing! I'm excited for you guys and have my fingers crossed that the witch stays away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->