30 yo and TTC #1

Just came across a buzzfeed: "29 Unexpectedly Awesome Things about Being pregnant" Thought you ladies would enjoy the read.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hspohr/unexpectedly-awesome-things-about-pregnancy-i43u?bffb

Okay ladies, I'm in need of some encouragement. :cry:

On Saturday (my Cd8), my OPK showed low fertility. EWCM showed up that day though, so BD anyway. Sunday, OPK went straight to peak, skipping a step, and we BD'd that day as well. Well yesterday I still had EWCM and assumed O would come soon. No successful BD though. :( I hate admitting it out loud, but sometimes DH can't. It normally doesn't bother me, especially when we're just doing it for fun, but at crunch time, it's extremely stressful. We even had a little argument afterward which I feel awful about. :cry: He started a 24-hour shift this morning, and assuming I work tomorrow (school has been cancelled so far this week due to snow, but we may go back tomorrow), we won't have another chance until tomorrow night...which I'm guessing will be too late. It has me feeling like I don't have optimum chances this cycle anymore, which is killing me, especially since we're a little uphill anyways with low DH numbers.

To add to this, my temp still isn't shifting. I got my LH surge 48 hours ago. I expected a rise today, but no go. Now - in my gloomy, pessimistic state - I'm worrying that there's something wrong with me that's keeping me from ovulating. My biggest fear was finding out there's something wrong on my side, too. I'm not handling things well today. :nope:

I need hugs and encouragement in the worst way.

Just came across a buzzfeed: "29 Unexpectedly Awesome Things about Being pregnant" Thought you ladies would enjoy the read.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hspohr/unexpectedly-awesome-things-about-pregnancy-i43u?bffb

Thanks for sharing! This put a smile on my face! :)

My favorite one was Stretchy pants and the picture for Everyone is nice to you!

Okay ladies, I'm in need of some encouragement. :cry:

On Saturday (my Cd8), my OPK showed low fertility. EWCM showed up that day though, so BD anyway. Sunday, OPK went straight to peak, skipping a step, and we BD'd that day as well. Well yesterday I still had EWCM and assumed O would come soon. No successful BD though. :( I hate admitting it out loud, but sometimes DH can't. It normally doesn't bother me, especially when we're just doing it for fun, but at crunch time, it's extremely stressful. We even had a little argument afterward which I feel awful about. :cry: He started a 24-hour shift this morning, and assuming I work tomorrow (school has been cancelled so far this week due to snow, but we may go back tomorrow), we won't have another chance until tomorrow night...which I'm guessing will be too late. It has me feeling like I don't have optimum chances this cycle anymore, which is killing me, especially since we're a little uphill anyways with low DH numbers.

To add to this, my temp still isn't shifting. I got my LH surge 48 hours ago. I expected a rise today, but no go. Now - in my gloomy, pessimistic state - I'm worrying that there's something wrong with me that's keeping me from ovulating. My biggest fear was finding out there's something wrong on my side, too. I'm not handling things well today. :nope:

I need hugs and encouragement in the worst way.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: x 1000000, DosPinkies! I think the most important thing is to not jump to conclusions. Maybe the temp shift will happen tomorrow or maybe you didn't quite get to ovulating but it will happen in a couple days. Even if for some reason you don't ovulate this cycle (though I bet with peak fertility you did!) it does occasionally happen and there's nothing wrong in the long-run. It sounds like you guys are both stressed and definitely due for some massages and relaxing together when you get a chance. And if it leads to BDing, well, it can't hurt, right? :)

Dospinkies

I'm so sorry you're feeling discouraged. Don't! Try to stay positive! They do say after a positive OPK test it could take up to 72 hours for O to happen so relax and wait that out!

But you have done the bd prior to today so you never know what will happen! :) It's better than no bd at all!

It's so hard not to worry! Before I started trying I was so worried I waited too late because of my PCOS and that it was going to be really difficult! I'm only two months in but last month I did have a chemical and only had sex once before my o day (that week husband wasn't up to bding because he was having issues at job, which was upsetting me but understood) so I was sure I was out! But at least now I do now the sperm can meet the egg...now I just need to get it to stick! ;)

Here's a big hug for you! I hope you're day gets better! :)

Good Luck dospinkies! I know it's incredibly frustrating when something gets in the way of dtd on the day you want. I had to restrain myself from being mean when DH had a work emergency the day before O and then fell asleep on the day. I would say there is always hope. And even if it didn't work this month, you can always come here and vent. :hugs::hugs:

Thank you, guys. I've calmed down a little bit and am trying to keep my mind off of worrying and thinking about things. DH has been (through texts) very loving and forgiving today, and that has helped. It's good that I have such a good husband, or else I'd never make it through this. It's also good I have this outlet...reading what you guys say always makes me feel better. :hugs:

So, this is a completely random change of topics, but AF is due either tomorrow or Thursday and I feel like the TWW is no where near as hard as the TDW (2 day wait). I still have no pms other than sore boobs and now I keep getting a random pain in what feels like my left ovary. I think I may be having very slight cramps also. It's easy not to symptom spot when you don't have symptoms but I'm trying not to get all crazy this month (like I did last month) and the closer I get to AF the more I want to say, this means or that means.

So, this is a completely random change of topics, but AF is due either tomorrow or Thursday and I feel like the TWW is no where near as hard as the TDW (2 day wait). I still have no pms other than sore boobs and now I keep getting a random pain in what feels like my left ovary. I think I may be having very slight cramps also. It's easy not to symptom spot when you don't have symptoms but I'm trying not to get all crazy this month (like I did last month) and the closer I get to AF the more I want to say, this means or that means.

Have you tested yet, or are you waiting? I'd be losing it, I'd probably have tested twice already by then :p

Have you tested yet?! It's probably a good time to test now with FRER or early tests!

GL!! :) It's not over til the witch gets you!!

Keep us updated!

I haven't tested yet. I figure if I haven't gotten it by Sat. then I will test. My longest cycle since getting off BC in April has been 32 days and has been between 30 and 32 since July. The 9th will be 32 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that :af: stays away.

I haven't tested yet. I figure if I haven't gotten it by Sat. then I will test. My longest cycle since getting off BC in April has been 32 days and has been between 30 and 32 since July. The 9th will be 32 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that :af: stays away.

Wow! That is some restraint there! Well good luck to you. Wishing you lots of baby dust!

Just an update on symptoms: add frequent urination(but it could be b/c I have been drinking more than I normally do like milk with dinner and some pomegranate juice)!! I'm trying not to get freaking excited....but I keep symptom checking! LOL UUGH! I keep squeezing my boobs just to make sure they're still a tad tender! I've been trying to keep busy by cleaning, shopping, and cruising the ttc community!!

It's less about restraint and more about not wanting to see a BFN. Good luck to you and plenty of baby dust your way! when are you testing? And I too keep squeezing my boobs. Glad to see I'm not the only one. :haha:

I agree with lsd - you've got more restraint than I do! Last cycle I started testing straight up 10 dpo, just in case. Lol. My goal is to find some of your patience this cycle!

Wow! That is some restraint there! Well good luck to you. Wishing you lots of baby dust!

Just an update on symptoms: add frequent urination(but it could be b/c I have been drinking more than I normally do like milk with dinner and some pomegranate juice)!! I'm trying not to get freaking excited....but I keep symptom checking! LOL UUGH! I keep squeezing my boobs just to make sure they're still a tad tender! I've been trying to keep busy by cleaning, shopping, and cruising the ttc community!!

Oh, I squeeze my tatas constantly to check for soreness...lol. Hey, maybe that's why mine are sore? Ha!

I'm excited for you! Keep us posted.

This is just amazing. Can't wait to get pregnant. :winkwink:

:dust: to both you ladies!!

It's less about restraint and more about not wanting to see a BFN. Good luck to you and plenty of baby dust your way! when are you testing? And I too keep squeezing my boobs. Glad to see I'm not the only one. :haha:

I am trying not to take a test until Friday or Saturday!

I am SO glad I'm not the only boob squeezer! :)

Good luck to us all then. Keeping fingers crossed AF stays away. I'm off to battle the great winter chill. Stupid polar weather phenomenon. Although, it has warmed up to 3 degrees from the -9 it was this morning!

Good luck to us all then. Keeping fingers crossed AF stays away. I'm off to battle the great winter chill. Stupid polar weather phenomenon. Although, it has warmed up to 3 degrees from the -9 it was this morning!

We're all the way up to 4 1/2 here! It's practically a heatwave! :cold: :help:

We're all the way up to 4 1/2 here! It's practically a heatwave! :cold: :help:

I'm a little worried, I'm going to be in Chicago in 2 weeks. Brrr! I know it's supposed to warm up though. But it's 16 here and I'm freezing! That could be because I can't get our house over 60 degrees though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->