30 yo and TTC #1

I hear you DosPinkies! I work for the government and during the shutdown I just went crazy! It was nice to have the day off for a day or two but then I just got bored! I spent way too much time thinking about TTC.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Excited to share this journey with you all. I love reading the updates. Just wish I had more to report ha. I'm so new to this and learning as I go..

No worries. We have only been TTC for 2 months.

I've been off since Dec. 20th! School was supposed to go back Monday, but snow is keeping us out. We're still closed tomorrow even. I've gotta tell ya, I know it sounds awesome to have that much time off, but I am B-O-R-E-D. Plus all this time to obsess over TTC is not working out for my delicate little psyche! (;

There are so many of you who are so close to testing! I'm excited for you guys and have my fingers crossed that the witch stays away!

boredom is evil for anxiety/worrying! DosPinkies- do you go back tomorrow? What age/grade/subject do you teach? Good luck to everyone testing!

I talked to poor DH about the nerves, and we concluded that he'll do better having no warning at all when it's time to BD. So now instead of giving him a day or two to think sexy thoughts or make sure he's not gonna be too tired, I'm supposed to just spontaneously spring it on him. This should be interesting... Especially since I'm pretty sure he has no idea how the whole fertile days thing works, so if I just happen to be bored some day... ;)

Nope, they closed it again tomorrow. I was really hoping to go back, too. I just keep thinking that I don't want to still be making up snow days in JULY!

I teach 8th grade English language arts...13/14 year-old angels. https://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Angels_and_Demons/angel-76.gif :haha:

I talked to poor DH about the nerves, and we concluded that he'll do better having no warning at all when it's time to BD. So now instead of giving him a day or two to think sexy thoughts or make sure he's not gonna be too tired, I'm supposed to just spontaneously spring it on him. This should be interesting... Especially since I'm pretty sure he has no idea how the whole fertile days thing works, so if I just happen to be bored some day... ;)

I tried to do that this month! But genius figured it out...lol. I'm over here pulling his socks off (seductively of course...because stripping socks is very sexy...), and he goes, "you're about to ovulate, aren't you?" Lol...how was I supposed to keep a straight face and say no? :shrug: :winkwink:

Haha! I know he'll know what I'm up to, I think it's just the build up and anticipation that's freaking him out. The whole reality of OMG having a KID hit us both hard this week.

Eight graders?? You're a brave woman! I tutor 7th and 8th graders, and it's a hard age, even though all of mine really are angels (mostly because we get to be selective about who stays in the program).

I tried to do that this month! But genius figured it out...lol. I'm over here pulling his socks off (seductively of course...because stripping socks is very sexy...), and he goes, "you're about to ovulate, aren't you?" Lol...how was I supposed to keep a straight face and say no? :shrug: :winkwink:

that just made me laugh! the socks!

Haha! I know he'll know what I'm up to, I think it's just the build up and anticipation that's freaking him out. The whole reality of OMG having a KID hit us both hard this week.

Eight graders?? You're a brave woman! I tutor 7th and 8th graders, and it's a hard age, even though all of mine really are angels (mostly because we get to be selective about who stays in the program).

That is a tough age! I am teaching Hebrew to 5th graders and they are challenging at times...I have a class of 20, usually I have a co-teacher -tomorrow I am by myself...oy!

Good luck, MgreenM! If they start acting up, teach them a few dirty words. You'll have their rapt attention ;)

Nope, they closed it again tomorrow. I was really hoping to go back, too. I just keep thinking that I don't want to still be making up snow days in JULY!

I teach 8th grade English language arts...13/14 year-old angels. https://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Angels_and_Demons/angel-76.gif :haha:

You're a brave woman. I represent kids 10 to 18. Mine are not angels. But they ARE funny quite often.

Too funny!

This is how I generally operate. I don't tell him and all is better! We don't have any issues when he doesn't know it's my fertile time.

What kind of program is it?

You're a brave woman. I represent kids 10 to 18. Mine are not angels. But they ARE funny quite often.

I really, really love teaching this age, even though it is crazy stressful at times. I don't think I would enjoy teaching the little ones as much, because then I couldn't use my very well-developed sense of sarcasm. Haha! And let me tell ya...mine are HILARIOUS, too. That's why I love those sassy-mouthed angels. They keep me entertained...ohhhh, the things I hear. I should write a book. :)

I do love being able to use sarcasm on my kids :D

It's just a homework help kind of program, run out of a church dining room. We try to do some test prep stuff when we can, especially for the middle schoolers who are applying for high schools. The tutors are mostly members of the church (I'm not, and there are a few other random weirdos like me who got sucked in somehow). We have primarily low income neighborhood kids, lots of immigrant families, mostly referred by other families in the program. It's really great. We rarely have discipline issues because the parents seek out the help, as opposed to kids being forced into some required program. I've been doing it for 8 or 9 years now. Some of my eighth graders used to come in in strollers when their older siblings were being tutored, and I remember helping one of our 9th grade girls learn to read. Makes me feel old! But it keeps me sane after a week of accounting work, which I hate. I'm kind of bummed that I'll probably have to take some time off when I have a newborn to take care of.

I do love being able to use sarcasm on my kids :D

It's just a homework help kind of program, run out of a church dining room. We try to do some test prep stuff when we can, especially for the middle schoolers who are applying for high schools. The tutors are mostly members of the church (I'm not, and there are a few other random weirdos like me who got sucked in somehow). We have primarily low income neighborhood kids, lots of immigrant families, mostly referred by other families in the program. It's really great. We rarely have discipline issues because the parents seek out the help, as opposed to kids being forced into some required program. I've been doing it for 8 or 9 years now. Some of my eighth graders used to come in in strollers when their older siblings were being tutored, and I remember helping one of our 9th grade girls learn to read. Makes me feel old! But it keeps me sane after a week of accounting work, which I hate. I'm kind of bummed that I'll probably have to take some time off when I have a newborn to take care of.

That sounds really awesome. Good for you for being involved in it. When I was in college I was involved in a tutoring program, and it was one of the things that made me realize I wanted to be a teacher.

Want to know what makes me feel old? The mother of one of my 14 y/o's is a year YOUNGER than I am. Holy crap...I could have a teenager? Um...yikes...

Oh my goodness, that is crazy! I mean, I physically could have a teenager, but I'd have to have started really early.

I really love the tutoring. I actually have a teaching degree - I started tutoring in college because I figured it would be good practice and look good on a resume. But I graduated at the worst time ever to get a foothold in as a new teacher in Chicago. Everyone was getting laid off, schools were closing, and the teachers who were supposed to be retiring in droves, making room for new grads, all decided to stay on because the economy was such a mess and they needed the income. So I just took the job I could get to make sure bills got paid. Some day, I'll go back and get my masters and try again.

I've been off since Dec. 20th! School was supposed to go back Monday, but snow is keeping us out. We're still closed tomorrow even. I've gotta tell ya, I know it sounds awesome to have that much time off, but I am B-O-R-E-D. Plus all this time to obsess over TTC is not working out for my delicate little psyche! (;

I feel you! It's been months now since I was working and I lose my mind a little more every day. I know I will be waaay less obsessive about TTC once I'm working.

I tried to explain fertile days to my DH after I got my shipment of OPKs and his eyes just glazed over :D But hey, he did ask!

I really, really love teaching this age, even though it is crazy stressful at times. I don't think I would enjoy teaching the little ones as much, because then I couldn't use my very well-developed sense of sarcasm. Haha! And let me tell ya...mine are HILARIOUS, too. That's why I love those sassy-mouthed angels. They keep me entertained...ohhhh, the things I hear. I should write a book. :)

My mom teaches a similar age and I love her stories. I think she does well with them because she has the same sarcasm :)

Want to know what makes me feel old? The mother of one of my 14 y/o's is a year YOUNGER than I am. Holy crap...I could have a teenager? Um...yikes...

:huh: Wow. That's pretty crazy to think about!

I didn't really feel old around my kids until my 32nd birthday. I took a 14 year old out of the cell and the deputy told me happy birthday. The kid asked how old I was and when I told him he said "whooooa that's older than my MOM" in an awestruck voice. I laugh now but I definitely cried in my office later that day.

Oh my goodness, that is crazy! I mean, I physically could have a teenager, but I'd have to have started really early.

I really love the tutoring. I actually have a teaching degree - I started tutoring in college because I figured it would be good practice and look good on a resume. But I graduated at the worst time ever to get a foothold in as a new teacher in Chicago. Everyone was getting laid off, schools were closing, and the teachers who were supposed to be retiring in droves, making room for new grads, all decided to stay on because the economy was such a mess and they needed the income. So I just took the job I could get to make sure bills got paid. Some day, I'll go back and get my masters and try again.

Yeah, if I had a 14 y/o, I would have gotten pregnant at 14 or 15...crazy early, but totally possible...whiiiich is creepy.

I understand about the teaching situation. It's been bad around here, too. I lucked out when I found my job right after graduating with my masters. A lot of it was because my program director knew the principal and put in a good word for me. Unfortunately, at least around here, it's all about who you know. Hope you go back. I'm sure you'd be a great teacher, and it's an amazing job. Well...if you don't mind major stress in return for the intrinsic rewards. :winkwink:

I didn't really feel old around my kids until my 32nd birthday. I took a 14 year old out of the cell and the deputy told me happy birthday. The kid asked how old I was and when I told him he said "whooooa that's older than my MOM" in an awestruck voice. I laugh now but I definitely cried in my office later that day.

Lol! I've had kids say stuff like that, too. I don't pay attention because I know they consider anything above 19 to be old. I do have a lot of kids who make me feel better about it though. Sometimes they guess I'm 23-24 (I'm almost 30) for which I consider giving them automatic A's. :haha:

I can't even imagine having a 14 year old right now! My life would be SO much different!

Gosh, a teenager, in my house would be HORRIBLE! LOL If they're anything like I was that is! :)

Well, I have major stress without the rewards at the moment, so teaching sounds like an upgrade! Student teaching was the most exhausting thing I've ever done, but also one of the most fulfilling. Some day I'll get back into the schools, in some capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->