30 yo and TTC #1

OWL! Happy belated birthday! Being in your 30's is going to be great! I too thought that I wouldn't like it, that it'd make me feel old, but I just feel smart and more capable of handling things that come my way. More wise now that I'm an adult. Now, my late 40's is what I will be scared of!! LOL 50!!! But if I look anything like my mom, I'll look good! Do you plan on doing anything special? Or did you already go out this weekend? Or do like me, and just spent it with a couple friends and have a few drinks?!

Today while on the toilet, I saw a spider crawling on the floor towards me! UGH! I grabbed hubby's flip flop and killed the crap out of it! We had a pretty bad thunderstorm last night and after those we tend to get lots of little creatures crawling in our house.

Thanks ladies! I did just what I wanted yesterday. After work I went to a Zumba class, ate sushi with DH and a few friends, and then watched Game of Thrones :) No specific other birthday plans but we're going to North Carolina this weekend for a pre-wedding couple's shower for some friends and staying with other friends so much fun will be had I'm sure! And our joint birthday present to ourselves (DH's birthday was a couple weeks ago) is our big Australia trip in July! I do wish I lived near friends and family who I would invite to a big party to celebrate the milestone or girlfriends who I could go out drinking with but oh well. Maybe 40 :)

JCM, glad to hear you're making some progress with the dogs! My parent's dogs are super sweet but not very well-trained and it can make being around them a little overwhelming. Pets are the best but it's a lot of work! In addition to locking him out I'm trying to train this cat to not meow constantly for hours when he wants food (before his set feeding time). We have a squirt gun actually, lol, so I'm hoping if I use it with telling him no he'll eventually just listen to the word.

I can't even tell you how much I hate all the creepy crawlies on this side of the country! We don't have bugs like this in CA. The first time I saw a cockroach in my house I nearly died. And then as soon as the weather turned warm I found a spider in our bathroom, ran out of there just to find one crawling on the ceiling over our bed. So gross!

I love game of thrones! I need to catch up on last weeks and this weeks episodes though. Great show. I didn't think I'd enjoy a show like it but I'm obsessed! We want to go to Australia someday. One of the other doctors in Mikes practice goes there to visit family a lot. He says we must go....and we will! A squirt gun! I love it. The trainer told me to mix water and white vinegar in a squirt bottle. You spray it at their nose when they do something you don't want them doing. Animals hate that smell and their noses are way more sensitive than ours so all it takes is a little bit!
We have scorpions here in the arizona desert. So annoying. I'm getting tougher about killing them. I have to with DH at work all day and I'm a stay at home stepmom. All of the scary stuff happens when I'm alone! Rattlesnake in the garage last summer. King snake is my yard today. Ew! I know king snakes are good for eating other bad things like rattlesnakes but a snake is a snake and I'm deathly afraid of them!
My cat just always has dry food in her dish and she eats when she's hungry. It's like she doesn't even live here! Except when she stalks me for treats...always when we go to the bathroom. There she is, waiting! I told my husband today I have to train these dogs. It will only prepare me for a tiny human!

Hi girls. I've been staying scarce as I planned, but I've been checking in to see how everyone's doing. I appreciate everyone's support. I'm also excited about your news jcm and your chart lsd! And happy late birthday, owl! My 30th birthday is this Sunday and I have mixed feelings about it. In the end, I'm sure I'll adjust to being 30...I just wanted to have a baby in my belly when I turned 30, and I'm sad that it didn't happen. I guess we can't always get what we want though.

I'm a bit confused about when I ovulated and I was hoping to get some advice. I use digi OPK's and got my peak on Monday night. I skipped right over high and went straight to peak. FF stays I ovulated yesterday based on that peak test. However, for funsies I took my temp this morning and it was loooowww...96.46. I also still had a lot of EWCM this morning. I went back through my old charts and the low temp is about where I am on O day and never ever has my temp been below 97.3ish on the day after O, which is where FF says I am. My opinion is that I actually ovulated today...but is that possible if I had a positive OPK on Monday night? Could it have taken that long? I'm hoping so, because DH and I slipped in another successful BD today! That makes 2 and you have no idea how happy that makes me...the most in months and months and no home insemination required! It's really rejuvenated me and brought my DH and I to a better place together. I just hope today's BD counted. It all depends on when I ovulated. Opinions needed!

Great to hear from you Dos! :) I would say you've ovulated sometime today! That temp is a bit low and I do think it could last up to 36 hours which would make sense for today. That is my opinion! :) I am glad you and DH are feeling closer and in a better place! :) Good Luck! :) Keep us updated if you'd like!

I agree with lsd. I am supposed to do a trigger shot 36 hours before I get inseminated...it will give me a positive opk and they don't actually put any sperm in there until that 36 hour mark. I believe we are supposed to BD the day I get my shot and then save up the sperm for the actual appt where he will put it in a cup and send it to my uterus. I think you're in good shape!

Haha oh, and read these...

https://www.pinterest.com/creatingafamily/infertility-humor/

Ha ha those pin interests are awesome jcm just made me chuckle. Glad to hear from you dos and really glad things are getting a bit better. I'm not a temper but think it's entirely possible to have ovulated two days after first surge and so I think both bds count.
I finally got my solid smiley weds morning and we had bd Mon and Tues night and managed to get one in weds night too, hopefully can convince dh tonight as well but who knows, if not I'm just happy my body is working again and we have a fighting chance this month. I'm hoping the tww won't be as stressful anymore because my biggest ever fear was that something was wrong with one of us and that it would never happen because it was impossible, the only tiny positive from my mc was i know we can so it's just a matter of time.
May stand in front of a mirror and chant that lol

Wonder how miskas is doing?
Isd I'm excited about your chances I can wait till you test

Well, temperature went down today. That doesn't make me very happy. :-(

It's still high though so I wouldn't worry too much, from the charts iv nosied at that doesn't put out this month

Dos my solid yesterday means we are pretty much cycle buddies again!

Thanks ladders, I know I'm not out until aunt flow shows her ugly face. After that temperature drop my heart is a bit broken. I was thinking that the high temp from yesterday would have been continued and would have made it a triphasic chart. I need to stop reading my chart and diagnosing everything that happens. :( Sad today and not really hopeful.

This is how crazy I am. I fell back asleep and got a good deep sleep then woke up around 8 and took my temp again and it was 98.13. I thought about changing it but decided not to because it was an hour and a half later than normal. I woke up at 5:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep because I was too excited to take my temp! UGH!

Ladders and Dos, you guys seem like y'all are cycle buddies all the time! :) Fingers crossed for y'all! :) GOOD LUCK!

Don't worry too much lsd! It's still well over the coverline, and as you know so many things can affect the actual number. I still have hope for you this cycle :)

Thanks Dos! I know, I really, really wanted to be pregnant on my 30th but it didn't work out that way. I kept telling DH, "I could handle this if at least I was knocked up!" Oh well. But there's still tons of time for having a baby when we're 30 so let's focus on that!

Yay for O ladders :)

Owl don't worry it's no different honest. When I had my 30th I was quite pleased to be able to drink and have one last full fuelled night. Probably helped because we were getting married two months later and starting ttc then and so I was still under the illusion it was easy and fun.

Isd that drop is nothing to be worried about, I remember when I got my bfp (and I know didn't turn out well) I posted I had af pains and declared myself out and you said I wasn't out yet until witch arrives and you was right, so therefore I'm saying your not out yet!

Yep think me and dos are destined to be cycle buddies until we get our sticky beans together, speaking of which I'm on o day and dh gone to bed early feeling unwell and so I'm going to have to go up and practically force myself on him, wish me luck ladies because I don't rate my chances

lol. Good luck ladders! Find a way to make it sexy! Bow chica wow wow! ;-)

Thanks for all the support! So easy to say these things to you ladies but when it's my turn I just go crazy. :) It's great to hear my own words come back to me! haha I'll listen to y'all and not myself! My husband tells me constantly to relax! I tell him I will if he'll rub my back and shoulders. ;-)

I'm sorry about the temp drop lsd. I know it's shattering to see that, but you know it doesn't mean you're out. I've studied hundreds of charts (no really, hundreds), and plenty of pregnancy charts have temps that drop like that - even after a positive HPT. Try to stay positive until you're sure!

So glad about your solid smiley, ladders! Yes my dear, I think we are destined to be cycle buddies. We always have been and even now, your body decided to ovulate at just the right time to stay in track with me. I think we're just meant to be on this journey together. :) Gingers unite!

So still obsessing over here, my temps went up this morning! :) SO I think yesterday would have been a higher temp if I could have just taken my temp first waking up. Anyway, I am just glad I have a shower to do tomorrow so I can't obsess and I'll be at my dad's house and won't be able to chat about pregnancy at all! LOL so I will wait til Monday/Tuesday to test. I'm a bit excited and a bit nervous. I sometimes go back and forth thinking aunt flow won't show this weekend because I might have ovulated on cd20! LOL OBSESS! I have a couple of projects to do when I get back home to keep myself occupied for a few days!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Owl, I hope you start to see the start of a positive on your OPKs!! :)

Ladders, hope you got that BD in!!

Dos, I am so glad you're back and chatting a bit! :) It just wouldn't be the same without you! :)

JCM, hope the bc is going well for you and doing what it needs to do! :)

Miskas, please don't leave us hanging! Surely the vacay was only a week! :-D

I'll probably peek in a few times! :)

Ahhhhh I can't wait for Monday! And I never say that! Lol I'm so excited for you! You're right, where is Miskas!? I have been anxiously waiting for news. : )

Your chart is looking fab lsd! Crossing my fingers so hard for you! I'm glad I'm busy this weekend so I won't be obsessing about your test, lol :D

My chart on the other hand is god-awful and I didn't even get to test again this morning. The cat has been evicted but I keep waking up a million times a night and not falling back asleep for hours. Why?!?! This never happens to me! And just when I finally feel like I might someday O so I might have something to see on a chart.

No af yet. Temps are still up. Af expected today and tomorrow. Fx!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->