30 yo and TTC #1

Hi Melly! I'm 31, too, and they haven't kicked me out yet ;) How are things going for you?

I got in lots of baby nephew time this week. Just left my brother's after a day with SIL. We talked some about ttc, so I'm totally out of the baby closet with her now. She was wondering if she should hold on to baby things for me. It'll be nice to have her to talk to :)

MellyH! Welcome! :) You are just the right age! LOL I started the thread at 30 and I am now 31 ttc baby #1. I am on the 6th month and I have decided to not temp or do anything special this month. :) GL on testing sunday! :) I will be testing at the end of next week if the witch doesn't show!

Hi, I'm 30 (almost 31) and also ttc #1, this has been my first month ttc, had a bfn today :(

Hi MrsK, things are going well. :D Yay for baby cuddles.

lsd, it must be more relaxing to not be temping, etc. I hope it works out for you!

Fruitee, bummer :( Do you know how many days past ovulation there are?

My appt got moved to Thursday! A whole day sooner! Yay! I honestly think these cysts might be bursting or something. I'm having pains like O cramps. Fingers crossed that it's them leaving the building. Lol
Ladders, happy birthday week! I'm actually happy to hear about your symptoms. I feel like it puts MY mind at ease for a sticky bean!
Mgreen, glad you and your hubby made a good decision together. Hope you start feeling back to normal really soon! I love cuddling with my puppies on the couch. So peaceful...even when they are jumping on my boobs and stomach.
Lsd, you sound really relaxed this cycle! I bet it's a nice change. It was hard for me to stop monitoring myself but once I did, I was like wait...what day am I?
Owl, your charts looks so good! I really hope this is your month! So exciting!
MrsK good luck on lots of BD this week! Get lots of those swimmers waiting! Lol

I heard from Dos a bit ago...she is looking into having hubby see someone to help his count I think. I'm hoping it's an easy fix like ours was. Maybe she's taking an internet break but I'm sure she will be back!
Oh, RforReal, if all goes well with my cysts, I may be in the 2ww while you are doing your RE appt! That's soooo soon! And I'm so excited!

Yay! So excited to hear how your appointment goes. I feel like next Friday is so far away but I know it's not. You know, it's just hard when I've been waiting for this for so long!

hey ladies, just thought i would check in. af finally sort of came... working on a new cycle now. hope everyone is doing ok.

Hello everyone,

I am so excited to find this thread. I am 31 years old TTC since 7-13-13. So this is technically my 11th month. Around month 9 we found out DH had fertility issues and he had surgery to correct it, so I decided to think of this as month 1. I stopped charting and using OPKs for a while to try and distress while DH was in recovery. We planned to start up again tonight but now I am bleeding (ever so lightly). We have DTD a few times earlier this week but just for fun since we thought it was too early (I have about a 31 day cycle and O comes around day 18, today is day 16) I guess DTD is out of the question tonight but I'm not sure if it is my period two weeks early or if I O'd early and this is implantation bleeding.

I did it!!! I got a BFP!!!!!! I wasn't going to test this morning but DH insisted I should. I've been having cramps all week and was sure AF was just around the corner. I used one of my cheapy online pregnancy tests this morning and saw two lines almost immediately which sent me into panic mode to find my "real" tests to confirm. I took THREE to confirm. I'm so excited but I'm doing my best to contain it as my period technically isn't due until tomorrow or Friday and ANYTHING can happen at this point. Definitely in unsafe territory, I just want a few weeks to fly by. I think I've peed 20 times today because I'm so paranoid my period will start and I'm nervous about seeing the dreaded pink streak so I just keep checking.

As for symptoms - my boobs are SO sore. It's very different than PMS sore. It's a "deep" sore, not just tenderness on the outside and my nipples were burning for half the morning. I still have some cramps, some super bad gas pains (perhaps that's what I think are the cramps??), and I've been queasy all day but that could be the nerves. My face has also broken out in pimples like crazy.

I prepared DH that anything could happen and not to get too excited. I'll be heartbroken if I miscarry, BUT I'm super pleased that both of our "parts" are in working order as that has been a huge stressor for me.

I hope everyone out there is doing well :)

I got in lots of baby nephew time this week. Just left my brother's after a day with SIL. We talked some about ttc, so I'm totally out of the baby closet with her now. She was wondering if she should hold on to baby things for me. It'll be nice to have her to talk to :)

Awww, yay! That's great that you have someone to talk to about this stuff IRL. And hand me downs are awesome :) I can't wait for baby time either, going to see the bff and her six month old next week. It so fun to see the babies we love.

Congrats northern. H&H 9 months to you.

Welcome Fruitee and dreamingmom! We're always happy to welcome new faces. Are you planning to start charting again, dreaming? So annoying that cycles can change whenever they want! Fruitee, not sure if you're using them already, but I totally recommend OPKs and (if it works for you) charting.

Congrats northern! Happy and Healthy 9 months to you! :)

Wow, so many new people. I am so excited! :) WELCOME!

Owl, how excited are you to be in the TWW?! :) I was thinking how excited I was for you today! haha When do you plan on testing?! I am waiting til after next weekend.

JCM, let us know how your appointment goes! :) HOpe all is well!

RforReal, your appointment is coming up soon! :) Not long to go now and you can get started on that well deserved baby!

Northern, congrats! So excited for you!

I need to update my ticker, but I'm putting myself in the TWW starting today. I suspect I ovulated overnight, but I can't be perfectly sure. I forgot to check my "positive" OPK yesterday for about half an hour, so it might have been inaccurate, but based on previous months and CM and such, I'm going with today as O day. Not like a day off makes a big difference.

northerngal, CONGRATS on your BFP!! I understand being nervous, I'm sure I would be queasy too!! I hope it's a sticky one :D

Hi dreamingmom! When you were charting and OPKing, were you finding that you had a regular cycle?

MrsK I totally had baby time yesterday with my friends 9week old twin girls. I wanted to take one! Lol isn't that so fun to cuddle with them!?
So, owl, MrsK, and lsd are in the wait...ladders is still hanging in there, Miskas finally got AF! Yay! I'm super excited for owl to have a proper tww. It was about time!
Welcome to everyone new!
I had my appt this morning actually. The cysts are still a little big (10.3) but I will stay on the pill for another week (cause what's another week at this point right? Lol) and then get my period on the 20th. Thennnnn I can take clomid day 3 thru day 8, have a follicle check on day 9 and trigger and inseminate day 10ish/12ish. Whew. So it looks like the actual iui will be July 3 or 4th? Im getting excited! Of course I will BD as much as possible before and after but my RE says 3 days abstinence is good for iui day. So I'll do it a couple days before to make sure I have some guys waiting around in there. Come onnnn July!

Owl, how excited are you to be in the TWW?! :) I was thinking how excited I was for you today! haha When do you plan on testing?! I am waiting til after next weekend.

Oh my god, sooooo freaking excited, lol. I swear I have an urge to tell random people like the grocery store cashier or the Zumba instructor that "I ovulated!" :haha: Thus far I have managed to restrain myself though :D And thank you so much!

I hate to admit it but I kind of think I might start taking my cheapies tomorrow. I know it'll be BFN since I'll only be 7 or 8dpo but I also know I won't be disappointed. If this isn't my cycle, next cycle I'll control myself more but I've waited so long to take a pregnancy test I don't think I can wait another day! My plan is to wait though to take a FRER at 12dpo (next Wed), the morning we leave on vacation. It should be fairly accurate by then, right? Good for you for waiting!

I need to update my ticker, but I'm putting myself in the TWW starting today. I suspect I ovulated overnight, but I can't be perfectly sure. I forgot to check my "positive" OPK yesterday for about half an hour, so it might have been inaccurate, but based on previous months and CM and such, I'm going with today as O day. Not like a day off makes a big difference.

Yay for O MrsK! You never know, but the one time I got a dark OPK and left it, it was exactly the same half an hour later as it was after 5 mins.

Miskas, I totally missed your post before. I'm so sorry you had such a shitty cycle but so glad it's over for you. I hope this one is better.

JCM, thinking of you today! Hope all is well.

EDIT: You posted as I was posting JCM :) Sorry they're still a bit big but you're so close! The beginning of July will be here in no time. Sounds like a great plan

Haha owl, tell the cashier! I'd shout it from the roof! I think you deserve to pee on a pregnancy test as early as you want! I'm really hoping for some bfp luck this month! I held those babies extra tight hoping they would rub off on me!

Haha, thanks for not judging me JCM :D DH looked at me like I was crazy and told me it sounded like a waste of money. I mean, thanks dear. If only he wasn't right... Ah well. I just told him I've taken so many damn OPKs that my day doesn't feel complete without peeing on something. (Sadly, I'm only half joking.)

What would I do without you ladies to confess all my crazy to?! Most people are just really confused as to why I'm in the best mood right now, despite the fact that we're having appraisal issues with the new house.

I'm already thinking positive thoughts for you JCM. You totally deserve this! I love the "baby dust from a baby" concept too. I'll have to try it with the BFF's baby next week if it's a no this cycle :)

Owl, yes I plan on charting again I actually started again this morning hoping that my temp would give me some insight on why I am bleeding so early in my cycle. No luck though 97.53 that is the middle of the road for me not high or low and with nothing recent to compare it to it is just a number but hopefully I can see a shift in one direction or the other in the next few days. I have OPK but I don't think I'll start using that till next cycle since I am pretty sure I missed my O one way or the other.

MellyH, Yes my cycle is pretty regular maybe a few days off. I have been tracking my period on different apps even before I started TTC. So I went back as far as I could and counted the days of each, early this morning. My shortest cycle was 26 days and my longest was 35 days but over all it is about 30-31 days with O between day 16-18.

I am still spotting today and the flow did pick up a bit but still panty liner territory and still more pink to dark pink then red. I just hate not knowing I'm fine either way since I didn't expect any chance of pregnancy so soon after DH's surgery but its just the not knowing and the fact that this shouldn't be my period that is driving me crazy.

I keep trying to look at all the signs and things going on in my life hoping for an answer but nothing is adding up. My boobs are a bit sore but I also just got stiches removed from one 4 days ago so it is always sore. The stiches were for a skin cancer scare (it was benign) So I then wonder if the stress brought on my period although I always thought stress slowed down your cycle not sped it up. And then again I had a pimple last week, near my mouth. I usually get THE PIMPLE before or after ovulation and then before or after my period. So I doesn't tell me much other then I remember thinking "Hmm, this shouldn't be here yet."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->