30 yo and TTC #1

You know, dreaming, this might make some sense. Yes, I've heard severe stress can delay O but I've also heard (and personally experienced) about it cutting a cycle short because your body gives up on O. The one time it happened to me was a really bad point in my life years ago. At the time I was having fairly regular 30 day cycles. I had my normal AF and then she showed up almost exactly 2 weeks later. I don't know for sure since I wasn't charting or anything but I really suspect that I never O'd. My cycles afterwards were normal again. So I guess I'd say call it AF and start charting for this new cycle. It could make sense too that the symptoms are off and the flow is weird since it's not a normal cycle.

MrsK I totally had baby time yesterday with my friends 9week old twin girls. I wanted to take one! Lol isn't that so fun to cuddle with them!?

Hey, she's got a spare! Just swipe one of hers :p I'm seeing my nephew THREE whole times this week. I think this is a new record!

Yay for O MrsK! You never know, but the one time I got a dark OPK and left it, it was exactly the same half an hour later as it was after 5 mins.

That's good to know. I forget them now and then and just assume they're accurate. Got negatives today, lighter in the evening than in the morning, so I'm pretty comfortable with labeling today O day. I only really track it so I know when I can test anyway.

I say go ahead and take a cheapie. They're cheap! I test way too early every month.

JCM, good luck with iui!

And I hope everyone else is doing ok. I'm pretty tired, so having trouble keeping everyone straight tonight :p

Probably around 8dpo. I'm going to try not to take it seriously until 12 dpo, though ;)

Sorry Fruitee :(

I'm currently 8dpo (though FF still says 9). BFN this morning on a cheapie. That's fine, I know it's still early. I really have had 0 symptoms other than the insomnia, which is finally a lot better. A little bit irritable, some skin breakouts but not much. But the BFN means I feel okay having a couple of drinks tonight when I go dancing :)

I realized this morning that our property manager showed our rental house to some new perspective tenants yesterday while we were at work and unlike the last time he did this, this time I forgot to get all of my OPKs, 2 brands of pregnancy tests, and cup out of the guest bathroom medicine cupboard. Hopefully they didn't open it but of course they probably did :blush: Oh, and I also had the tests from the positive OPK progression that I got this cycle in there because I am a crazy pee stick hoarder. I mean those were wrapped up but still. Awesome :dohh:

Argh, Fruitee, sorry :(

curiousowl, I'm giggling over here. I hope they didn't see them. :lol:

Oh no, Owl. All you can do is laugh, huh?

I usually have an Open Medicine Cabinet policy for guests - they all know if they need a tampon or something, no need to ask, just go hunting yourself. So now whenever I have someone over, I have to think about whether my giant stash of hpts and opks are going to be obvious. I don't think anyone would blink at a married woman having a couple of pregnancy tests lying around, but 20 of them, and a stack of ovulation tests, would be kind of telling ;)

Thanks curiousowl and mellyh

Ha curiousowl your last post made me laugh

Dear temp, Please stop dropping .1 degree ever day. It's weird. Thanks, Owl.

How is everyone else's weekend looking? Any symptoms MrsK or lsd? Melly? Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing day!

You guys are right, I guess all I can do is laugh about my tests. I'm pretty embarrassed still though :D

Boobs are a little bigger than usual this time in my cycle, but I've eaten a lot of salt this week, so it's probably water retention. It's too early yet for real symptoms. Pretty relaxed about it so far this month, thankfully. I'm working with a friend on getting set up to sell crafts at a local farmers market starting in a couple weeks, so that's keeping my mind off ttc obsession.

Hey ladies, how was everyone's weekend? We spent ours house hunting mainly. Beautiful weather for it! Looking forward to meeting with our RE on Friday! AF decided to come early this month but I don't know how early since I stopped tracking and all that. But it was a 23 day cycle and I'm typically 27-28. Weird.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Stalking all of you for updates!

RforReal, I'm counting down the days to Friday with you! That's my last birth control pill! I hope I never need these again. I'm the worst right now. Lol we have my step kids this week and they are so well behaved over here but are so awful to their mother! Mostly her fault since she has no rules and lets them do what they want. They have mastered how to turn it off and on between houses and it makes me sad so the last few months I've been trying to help her get them to do same behavior. Well that's worked out horrible I found out today because she hasn't been following through with anything! So basically I've been the mean parent when I don't have to be!!! Those kids are almost perfect at my home...soooo anyway, we are at dinner for Father's Day and the 4 year old tells me "Jen, when you're mad at me, my heart just breaks a little." I couldn't even collect words to say to her. She is the most honest child I've ever known! The oldest, will be 12 on Wednesday. She and some girls got into some social media trouble last week I guess...so she text me everything that happened. Apparently before they even got in trouble or caught for it! So I asked her today when I saw her, why did you text me and tell on yourself? She said because I felt bad and I had to tell someone and you're always the first person I think of. Ohhhh break my heart! Are we sure today wasn't Mother's Day? 5 more days of bcps. 8 more days til I start my clomid and that means about 15ish days til iui! I'm so pumped up! Plus, I'm ready for some BFPs soon!!!

Well, this is the week AF arrives or I get my BFP! :) Not really having any symptoms. I'm having a bit of sore boobs and have had a bit of cramping last night and this morning. Sore boobs means nothing now that since my miscarriage I have had sore boobs every cycle! So we'll see!

I'm glad to see everyone is doing good and telling VERY funny stories!

RforReal, I am so excited for you! :)

JCM, not long to go now! :)

Fruitee, sorry about af! Good luck this cycle!!

AF showed this morning :cry: I was holding out hope till the last second, even after my temp drop this morning, Googling "10dpo implantation dip". But there's no question now. The only consolation is that I know for sure I O'd, that I can see it in my chart and on OPKs. I'm still pretty heartbroken though. I knew getting to O was only half the battle but I was so hoping I'd get lucky this first cycle. Especially since I only had a 9 day LP. I'll try adding a B complex vitamin this next cycle. Hopefully it doesn't take me 5 months to O again.

I'm just really sad that I don't have a BFP to show my best friend in person but at least we're going on vacation on Wednesday and I can squeeze her little one. And I know I can drink as much as I want (which is going to be a lot) at the wedding on Saturday. Hopefully our house stuff works out this week. I could use a win.

Thinking of you all the next few days and rooting you on! So many exciting things happening, I can't wait for all the good news.

Aww, sorry to hear that, Owl :( I hope you enjoy not vomiting on your vacation, at least ;)

Aw, owl! I'm sorry! Now that you've ovulated once maybe it will remember to do it again! :)

Hi can I join? I am also 30 and trying for number 1. Would be great to have buddies in the same age group trying for first baby!

Welcome to the club, Wantbump!

I took a look in the mirror before showering just now, and I swear my breasts are more veiny than normal. I'm pale as hell, though, so maybe I'm always veiny. I really wish I'd taken a before picture, but I didn't want a topless photo floating around out there. My breasts have been a bit sore, too, starting last night. It's the same feeling you get when you take off a slightly too small bra that you've been wearing too long, which was pretty accurate yesterday, but it's continued into today, and I haven't so much as looked at a bra. I really shouldn't read into things when I'm only 4 or 5 dpo...

I'll ask DH what he thinks when he gets home, but I don't think he's usually counting veins when I'm topless :roll:

Thanks you guys. MrsK, that made me smile on a day when I totally needed it :)

Welcome wantbump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->