30 yo and TTC #1

This isn't pregnancy news, but I'm so excited, you guys. I hate my job. Hate hate hate hate hate. The only redeeming quality is the flexible schedule outside of tax season. Haaaaaaate.

I finally reached my limit, and I have a friend who does a work from home thing rating webpages as a second job. I asked her the details, and you can do up to 20 hours/week, which is not too far off from what I work out of season, but I can do it from home instead of doing it from 2.5 hours away. The work looks kind of mind numbing, but so are taxes... I took their tests, and I just heard back that I passed the last one! I'm so excited! I can quit my shitty job that I hate, and I'll have some income when we have a baby that I can actually keep up with, instead of just having to quit and be poor like I expected. Happy happy happy!

I've been nervous about drinking this cycle for some reason (I'm usually willing to drink moderately during the TWW), but I might have to open the champagne tonight.

Awesome news MrsK! Now you can be home all of the time with a baby! Hooray! A little champagne won't hurt! As I type this I'm thinking about a margarita! : )

Yay MrsK! That's super exciting. I might be asking you about that one of these days :) I love my job but I do want to be home when I have a baby, at least for a little while.

Nothing much to report here. Only 1 small amount of pink spotting all day. I'm going to test again tomorrow morning. I have essentially no symptoms, besides peeing all the time, which is weird for me. Also irritable but that's not surprising, all things considered. I keep oscillating between being sure this is going to work out and convinced I'm going to miscarry any second. I just want to know. Especially if it's not going stick I'd like to get it over with so we can move on. My best friend gave me the FRER left from her pack when she conceived her son last year (who is soooo cute and I just want to steal) so hopefully it's a lucky test. I feel like I could use a little luck right now! I do know if this isn't meant to be I will never test early again. I mean, I didn't know it was early but this is too heart-wrenching. 16dpo for me from now on.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you, Owl! Except my legs - I am trying to have a baby here ;)

I've been peeing all day. Could be something, but sometimes I just have days when I pee a lot. I'm going to try testing tomorrow morning, but I doubt I'll see anything yet.

MrsK, that's awesome news about the new job. Congratulations!

curiousowl, what a rollercoaster. Big hugs and baby dust!!!

:haha: That's hilarious MrsK. You crack me up!

Seriously Melly, I know, right?!

So this morning's test was slightly darker. Even DH was like, huh, yeah maybe it's a little darker. But still sooo faint. But I took a digi and it came back positive. I don't think DH truly believed me until he saw the words. Even I'm a little in shock, though I know a line is a line. I'm attaching the picture. This is the darkest FRER yet. Pretty faint, right? That still concerns me and I'm not getting excited yet. I'm going to try to get some blood draws or something, hopefully get an early ultrasound before we leave for Australia on the 2nd. The crazy part of my brain is worrying about an ectopic since I've heard women talk about lots of spotting and faint tests.

Having some cramping this morning but nothing too intense.

Anyhow, I will stop spamming you guys with this. Thank you for being so patient with me! I hope you won't mind if I stick around here for a while, going to pregnancy boards means getting excited and things feel so scary still.

Attachments

• photo1 (2).jpg
    photo1 (2).jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 18
Hi Owl as you heard a line is a line! And 14dpo is still early for dark lines for many. Try to enjoy this time and not stress :) Congrats! Healthy and happy 9 months!!

I can definitely see that line, and you can't argue with the digi!

Where are you going in Australia? That's where I'm from! I hope you have a great time :D

Owl, I took a digital when I had the chemical and it came up negative while my frers were still showing positive! This is a good sign!

Mrs k. So excited for you! Sounds like a good gig!

So my period has been cut short. No bleeding today except a bit of brown spotting. I'm getting really nervous. I'm at the 7th month past my miscarriage. Should my periods be closer to normal now?! I'm considering going to doctor and going ahead and getting tested. Since I have pcos I was told to go in after 6 months if I hadn't conceived yet. Although that was told to me by my GP and not my OBGYN.

The good news is my periods have shortened down to 31 days and ive lost another 5 lbs!

Owl this is my line at 16dpo and I was spotting too, it's super faint and it's an extra sensitive one albeit an intenet cheapie.
I'm so happy for you

Attachments

• IMG-20140530-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20140530-WA0000.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 16
Owl, that's definitely a normal line! I was shocked at how faint most positive tests are when I started looking online, but that looks like a good line based on others I've seen. And those digitals aren't too sensitive. So excited for you!

Oh, geez, I was so excited about Owl I forgot to mention, tested negative this morning. Not too significant at 8dpo and would have been a bad night to tell DH anyway since we have a friend coming over. Will try again in a couple days.

lsd, yeah, maybe time to talk to someone? Congrats on the weight loss though, that's awesome!

Thanks Melly! I am going to take a pregnancy test, just to make sure, but I'm positive it will come up negative and then I will call and make an appointment with my OBGYN.

Good luck, lsd. I hope your doctor can help if it's not a sneaky pregnancy.

Owl I think it's safe to be excited now!!! Hope you're feeling good today. Maybe see an RE lsd? Can you go straight to that? Or does your insurance require referrals?
Oh MrsK you make me laugh!
Today is my last day of BCP. I'm so happy and I'm going to celebrate with lots of sangria! : )
RforReal I'm excited for your appt!!

Oh, and owl you stay here as long as you want! I feel like our little group must stick together after all of these months/cycles together!!

lsd congrats on the weight loss! I have PCOS too it's a bummer. I went back recently after a long time and my PCOS seemed to subside. You should go see someone if it's been 6 months maybe you'll get some good news!

I have been on metformin from this month and I lost 4 pounds while on it!

Thank you guys so much! You may have saved mine and DH's marriage, giving me other people to obsess at :D

Where are you going in Australia? That's where I'm from! I hope you have a great time :D

Oh, I didn't know that! We are going to Brisbane, up to Port Douglas to go to the Reef, and to Sydney. Work is sending DH to a conference in Brisbane and then we decided to extend it into a vacation. If I am still pregnant I will be snorkeling and DH will dive.

Owl, I took a digital when I had the chemical and it came up negative while my frers were still showing positive! This is a good sign!

So my period has been cut short. No bleeding today except a bit of brown spotting. I'm getting really nervous. I'm at the 7th month past my miscarriage. Should my periods be closer to normal now?! I'm considering going to doctor and going ahead and getting tested. Since I have pcos I was told to go in after 6 months if I hadn't conceived yet. Although that was told to me by my GP and not my OBGYN.

The good news is my periods have shortened down to 31 days and ive lost another 5 lbs!

You know I'm so sorry for your chemical but thanks so much for sharing that, that is reassuring. Definitely test since clearly I am proof, if things seem weird, you never know! But that's awesome about the shorter cycles. Definitely see your Doc if you feel ready. It can't hurt, right?

Owl this is my line at 16dpo and I was spotting too, it's super faint and it's an extra sensitive one albeit an intenet cheapie.

Wow, that is faint, you're right! That makes me feel a little better, thanks for sharing.

Owl, that's definitely a normal line! I was shocked at how faint most positive tests are when I started looking
online, but that looks like a good line based on others I've seen.

It's so weird because you always see these crazy dark lines at 11 or 12dpo. I can only guess that maybe some people aren't 100% on when they O'd and some people implant early. I'm pretty sure I'm only 4 days post-implantation so I know that makes a difference.

Sorry about the negative test today :( Lame.

Owl I think it's safe to be excited now!!! Hope you're feeling good today.

Today is my last day of BCP. I'm so happy and I'm going to celebrate with lots of sangria! : )

Oh, and owl you stay here as long as you want! I feel like our little group must stick together after all of these months/cycles together!!

Thanks JCM! I'm not going anywhere for a while :) Some PMS symptoms today but my best friend said that's exactly how she felt with her BFP and now she has a 6 month old. We had cautious hugs today. I only told her because we were there but all other family and friends will have to wait until I feel more confident. Except the friends who are going to this wedding with us tomorrow. Pretty sure they're going to figure it out since we've been talking about how much we were going to drink at this wedding for months!

Congrats on the last day of the pill! Definitely enjoy your drinks! I have a very good feeling that shortly you're not going to be able to do that for a while :D

So, I called my doc this morning and they suggested I come in at the end of next week (Thurs or Fri) for a blood test and an early ultrasound. That sounds early to see anything so I asked to push it back to July 2nd (a week from Tues), when I'll be 5 weeks and 5 days, the same day we leave on our trip. I'm not sure what the right choice is though. If my blood test is low, I'd be able to get in for another draw before we left if I go in earlier, but I might not see anything unless I go in later. I'm also (neurotically) worried about an ectopic and I guess we have to cancel the trip if they figure that out at either time point and there's more likely-hood of being sure about that if I go in later. I don't know what the right choice is. I might just leave it where I have it since I don't want to take even more time off work right now and I'm off that whole day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->