30 yo and TTC #1

They like to take your blood two times 48 hrs apart. They check to see of your hcg is doubling and seeing if your progesterone levels are ok.

My progesterone was not ok but my hcg was doubling correctly so they put me on progesterone supplements right away. I went really early to the doctor and I am glad I went.

Congrats owl! So exciting!

Had my appt this morning and things went well. We are moving forward with IVF but still have to meet with two different genetic counselors before we can get started. He said I need to get on the pill for a month before we start so I will likely start that next cycle or the following. I have to get genetic testing too so they know if I have a translocation as well. Wouldn't that be bad luck?

It was a little draining honestly. I thought that my DH and I had pretty much agreed and decided on things but he seemed like he had reservations about it. I think we are okay now but it just came as a surprise. There are so many ethical concerns around IVF and we are struggling with how to handle them all. Very draining indeed. So now I am just enjoying my wine and relaxing.

Owl i am so happy for you!! you will be a great mom. HH 9 months, and please stick around with us if you like.

i think i should be committed... i just agreed to DH to get another puppy...
we are going to pick her out on Sunday.

Good luck MrsK! So glad to hear things are moving along. Definitely keep us posted. It sounds intense.

Aw, miskas! What kind of puppy? You have to share pictures.

RforReal, I know how you feel! Overwhelming!!! I will say, it's nice to have some (your RE) that obsesses over your stuff as much as you do. It's their job and plus, they're professionals so you actually get answers from them instead of googling until your mind goes numb! : ) my RE is awesome and I hope you have the same experience. Sounds like a plan is in motion!!!

Hi Ladies! It' been a while since I've written.... Just a recap of my story- hubby and I have been TTC for #1 since February with no luck. However, I am currently 3 days late! Eek! I'm never late and have always been blessed with regular cycles. So, I took a test today and it came out negative. Boooo.

I'm going to retake test again on Monday and see what happens (if I don't get my period). Symptoms as of right now: Fatigue, tender breasts, a little nausea and still have a little cm. I don't want to get my hopes u because of all the negative tests in the past, but it's bugging me because I'm 3 days late! I've been wearing a pad on my underwear for 4 days now thinking AF is going to show her ugly head. That's how doubtful I'e been. Anyway, we shall see.... I'm crossing my fingers, eyes ad toes.

Ugh. Frequent peeing has kicked in with a vengeance. I got into bed to read about 2 hours ago, and I've already gotten up to pee 3 times, and I have to pee again :p This better be pregnancy, because if it's not it's gonna be the mother of all UTIs... I'm really tired, would be nice to be able to get some sleep tonight...

Ugh. Frequent peeing has kicked in with a vengeance. I got into bed to read about 2 hours ago, and I've already gotten up to pee 3 times, and I have to pee again :p This better be pregnancy, because if it's not it's gonna be the mother of all UTIs... I'm really tired, would be nice to be able to get some sleep tonight...

MrsK- I have had that the whole time! It is annoying! Take naps when you can! I find that when I work on staying hydrated, it's actually a little bit better (I know, not what you would think!).

Omg, you guys, we did it! BFP on Wondfo and FRER this morning! We're both terrified and excited. DH said he wants to shout it from the rooftops despite the terror, but I'm going to wait until at least till I miss a period to tell even the couple people I'm willing to tell early.

Ahhhh congratulations Mrsk!! That's wonderful news.
What a great week for our group!

Omg, you guys, we did it! BFP on Wondfo and FRER this morning! We're both terrified and excited. DH said he wants to shout it from the rooftops despite the terror, but I'm going to wait until at least till I miss a period to tell even the couple people I'm willing to tell early.

Congrats!

We're heading to brunch with my brother and sister in law. It's gonna be so hard to not say anything.

MrsK!!! You are having the best week ever! Congrats!!! So exciting!

MrsK!!! You are having the best week ever! Congrats!!! So exciting!

I know! It's like everything's coming together just right! My friend and I are starting a craft booth at my local farmers market a week from today, too. It's more excitement than I can handle! :happydance:

MrsK, I'm so happy for you! I needed that news today. Congrats. You should share your tests!

My temp plummeted today at 16dpo and I started bright red bleeding. It's still fairly light but I know this is it. I had a bad feeling from the moment I tested positive, nothing felt right. I didn't test today but my lines from 12-15dpo didn't darken much at all and it was lighter at 15dpo than 14. Other than the faint shadow I got on a Wondfo at 12dpo, I never got a positive on another one. Whenever the bleeding stops I'll probably use one last FRER to make sure I'm testing negative but I'm just riding it out now. I'm pretty crushed. It was just long enough for me to start to get excited, despite the bad feeling. Didn't help that I was on Amtrak when I started bleeding and still had to get through a long subway ride after that, then a plane flight. DH is being amazingly supportive but he's mostly excited that not only did I O, but we proved I can get pregnant. I'm sure I'll feel that way too, maybe in a couple days. I wanted this ball of cells so bad :(

Curiousowl I don't know what to say other than I'm really sorry and hope you feel better soon thinking of the positives that your DH is happy about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->