30 yo and TTC #1

Ouch Miskas! I've had 10 stones and they are the worst! Hope he feels better soon!
Hugs Owl! That's gotta be tough. I hope your trip is fun. I've always wanted to go to Australia. My friend is from there and I just love listening to her talk. Best accent ever!
I had another ultra sound today. I'm up to 4 injections a day and sadly I have to keep going! My follicles are not growing high enough for the RE! So, he actually said "empty" your husband tonight. Lol that's lovely right? I will have another scan Saturday and hopefully iui Sunday. I feel so emotional. These drugs are slowly killing my happiness...I always just cry. For nothing. It's so strange.

I'm so sorry you're struggling like this, ladies :(

I have a bunch of wondfo OPKs and HPTs that I have no need for anymore, and I don't know anyone in real life who I could give them to. I think there are about 15 opks and 10 hpts. If anyone in the US wants them, I can send them your way. No charge, they barely cost me anything, I just need your address.

been lurking a bit:shhh: but wanted to say hi...!

just got married in june and am TTC #1 at 31. my husband is 27 and perfectly happy ntnp-ing, but the more i read on here and online, the more i just want to go at it full swing. probably getting a thermometer this afternoon.:winkwink: sort of in the TTW but am doubtful, so just waiting for AF to show (due 7/8 probably?)

anyway, looking for people around the same age trying to their first...everyone on this site seems so nice, so hoping to make some friends:friends:

Welcome jump! I love temping, it makes me feel like I have some control. Always glad to see new faces :)

Thinking good thoughts for your DH Miskas. Poor guy! Keep us posted.

The friends we're staying with overnight on our way to Australia just told us she's pregnant. Her due date is the day after mine would have been. I'm so happy for them but it sucks so bad. I would have loved to have had our babies at the same time. And now I'm afraid it's going to be hard every milestone she hits when I just wish I could be 100% happy for them. I need to get over this but I'm just sad.

I totally understand this feeling OWl. Two of my bridesmaids also started trying on my wedding day. One now has a little girl and the other originally had a miscarriage but got pregnant again right away and is about to deliver her son. I am super happy for them but I do get resentful that I am still not pregnant there right along with them.

2dpo today...didn't chart this time after doing it for 2 years and feel so relaxed :)

curiousowl,

yeah, i am a self diagnosed control freak:haha: so temping and charts and data and all that is right up my alley.

my husband thinks i'm crazy but still bought a bbt for me on amazon (living in japan makes it harder to find any kind of "specialty" items) and i think is just trying to keep me happy/sane.:winkwink:

was in a serious funk yesterday and so emotional. i lost it when i tried to change me name (to my new married name) on facebook and it won't let you have your name in lowercase letters anymore:sad2:

so yeah, my husband really thinks i'm crazy...

but got a FRER today, and trying to hold off until tomorrow morning. :witch: might be here tomorrow though, so we'll see...ugh, getting SO impatient one way or the other!!

Good luck to everyone in the TWW. I think you're about due for some BFPs in this thread!

Jcm any luck with your follicles? did the iui go ahead?

Good luck want and jumpin! Hope this is your month.

Thanks for the support ladies. I'm bummed I haven't O'd yet this cycle but I'm not letting it get to me. Hearing my friend basically has what should have been my due date was awful but I'm in Australia and today I cuddled a koala and hand-fed kangaroos :D

curiousowl,

thanks! and good vibes your way too! must be rough with it right in front of your face, but sounds like some activities and sightseeing to keep you busy:thumbup: take care and have an awesome trip!!

Oh now I really want to go to Australia! How fun!
RE increased my dosage of fsh and kept me on antagon. I had my last shots of those last night! Yay! I will do my trigger shot at 6pm tonight and iui on Wednesday morning. I was pretty bummed out all week so my husband took me to baby stores and....we bought a stroller! Plus a cute little car seat! The stroller is pretty awesome. You can an additional seat to it in case I end up with two. Or in case I do this all over again next year. : / Then we obsessed together about a nursery and bedding and bottles...oh my! He's so great. He even picked out a good breast pump! Haha he really made it a fun weekend for me.
Hopefully you girls in tww start a trend of BFPs this month! My fingers are crossed for everyone!
How are the pregnant girls feeling? Ladders, I have been thinking of you! I got nervous when you hadn't checked in!

Sounds like an exciting trip trip! I hope you have a great time and keep yourself distracted.

I'm feeling good. My symptoms are mostly just mild annoyances, so far. Mostly sore breasts and peeing way too much. I'm hoping any morning sickness stays away til after Sunday, I'm chaperoning a group of middle and high schoolers at overnight camp this weekend, and I doubt I'd be able to hide a really miserable pregnancy in such close quarters.

I still haven't told my brother and his wife. I can't manage to get all four of us together at the same time even though I see them a couple times a week. I'm babysitting my nephew today, so I may just tell them without DH there. Or maybe they'll invite me to dinner and he'll be able to meet me.

Jcm thanks for your thoughts, haven't written for a while because I don't want to bug you ladies to much but I still check in daily to see how your all doing.
I'm doing well thanks and have my 12 week scan booked for three weeks time which I'm counting down the days till so hopefully can find out everything is okay. Feel like my mc has definitely made me and dh more cautious and less excited until we get confirmation although I have started to sprout the tinest bump which I love!
So pleased iui is scheduled I'll be keeping a very close eye on here so hopefully I can be the first to congratulate you on your bfp!!!!!

JCM I'm very excited for you! Good luck! Hope everyone in the tww start showing some BFPs. Curious. Good luck and I'm sorry you are having a tough time. Glad that Australia is going well though. I keep asking my DH for a Koala and he won't let me. Boo. Be safe!

Well my iui was a very pleasant experience! I think I ended up with 4 follicles and post wash 15 million 87% motility. I could really start to feel cramping on both sides on the drive there. Plus a lot of pressure down low. He told me it's totally normal and did a quick scan to measure how far in to release sperm or something like that? I heard him say ok 54mm and I sat straight up and said what!? What's that? Lol he gave me this dissolvable pill to put under my tongue right before he started really doing things when the speculum was in place. It tasted like pepper and gave me a head rush and then all of a sudden my cramps were gone! Totally tripped me out! Then we joked about me laying down for 15 minutes in the dark and he told me not to try a handstand. He's a funny guy. I can stop all meds and do my heparin shots for 5 days and then start progesterone this Sunday. Fun fun. He also has me taking folic acid 3 times a day, B-12 that dissolves under my tongue, fish oil pills, vitamin D and my prenatals. We pretty much cut my pill intake daily in half! Whew! No Advil, caffeine or alcohol. I get a blood test on the 23rd. I'm so happy this finally happened! I can't wait for DH to get home so we can be normal and do it! Haha!
I met him for lunch after and now I'm laying on the couch with my fur babies. Now....I wait... If any of you ladies end up having to do this, I hope the experience is as pleasant as mine! Now hopefully I get my BFP!

JCM, are you guys allowed to have sex in the TWW? Sounds like different OBs have different guidelines. :lol:

I asked after I was dressed about sex and they all said yes! We encourage it. Do it tonight, tomorrow, the next day....lol. The only thing I'm worried about is sex with the progesterone suppositories. That seems messy. I start those on Sunday and if I'm pregnant, I'll stay on them til 11 weeks! One every morning. Yuck! Do you have to do anything like that?

I had to do two progesterone pessaries a day til 12 weeks... Have sex then put them in at night before you go to sleep. I wouldn't want to put them in in the morning. They are very messy.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->