30 yo and TTC #1

Good luck! Thinking good thoughts for you. Is it back up?

Mine dropped again so I'm figuring I'm out. I'm such a pessimist but I just can't see it being a good thing. I'm pretty sure my LP is on the shorter side so if it's already down... Blah. Feeling a little down this morning. I knew I shouldn't get excited so early!

so, because i'm a graph nerd:haha:, i went and overlaid my chart on yours. you know because that's the kind of stuff people do for fun on a friday night. (because of the time change, it's 10:30pm on friday here, so i will take my temp in the morning and let you know what my 10DPO looks like.)

but uh, yeah, if *your* temp dip means you're out, then my temp dip at 9DPO means i'm WAY out:roll:

nope. we're STILL in this!!!:bodyb:

1. your "low" temp is still as high as your temp at 2DPO, so that's still high, in my mind!

and

2. lots of people have a temp drop around 7-10DPO. it seems people like to call it an "implanation dip" but the more i read about that, the more i dislike the name. it seems to be a temp dip, for whatever reason, that sometimes means pregnant, sometimes means nothing, which is not convincing enough either way to me - sorry, feeling snarky this evening!:blush:) so, it could just be that. also, you had one at 10DPO 2 cycles ago. while i'm guessing it's a little tender, and it would betotally understandable for you to say, "well, yeah, and you see how that went:roll:" but i think there's something to be said for, at the very least, your body doing something that it has done before. regardless of the outcome this time (it's a new cycle and a new chance) i would like to believe it's a very good thing.

(hopefully that isn't overstepping boundaries or being insensitive, but if it is, please call me out. actually, i guess i'll just apologize in advance, in case i am. not my intent at all...:hugs::hugs::hugs:)

so hang in there!!! :thumbup:

Attachments

• curiousowl overlay 8.29.jpg
    curiousowl overlay 8.29.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 5
Ahhhh sorry the tricky tww is getting to you guys. I hate that time period. When I was on progesterone after my last iui I was completely convinced I was pregnant. I even had a trigger shot that stayed in my system way longer than I thought it would. So I had a positive pregnancy test too. It was awful and super annoying when I got my negative blood results! This cycle I will not be testing myself. I'm taking way too many drugs for ivf and I know I'll get too excited if I see a positive test too early! I started my meds today (yay!/ugh). My egg retrieval is set for the 10th and the transfer is the 15th. The next 10 days are going to be intense. Lots of appts and lots of shots. Hopefully you girls get so,e good news and I'll be distracted!

JCM,

fingers crossed doubly for you (er, would that make twins??:winkwink:)

thanks for the support:flower:

hopefully, if nothing else, we (er, i?:blush:) can post a bunch to distract you:thumbup:

Haha yes twins. I always thought if I transferred two, I'd have a higher chance of at least one implanting but that's not the case! I have a 50% chance with doing one. If i do two, it increases about 5% but with that, I get a 50% chance of it automatically being twins. Does that make sense? Lol my head was spinning yesterday. I am pretty set on doing two embryos. I'm ok with twins.

Yes, post away! I'm trying to keep busy the next two weeks. I have a feeling after retrieval things will move kind of fast.

jump- Thank you!!! No seriously, thank you a ton. Actually, yeah, that is the kind of stuff I do for fun on Friday nights too, lol. When you look at them like that it's super interesting. I wouldn't say your chart looks like you're out so yeah, not sure why I'm so negative about myself. My brain sucks sometimes :wacko:

But you're completely right. I did have that dip 2 cycles ago and things were on a downward trend prior to that. I'm going to say that temps a week earlier were definitely not related to my miscarriage so maybe it is a good sign. Or maybe it means nothing. I can start to see why some people stop temping in the TWW. We are both still in this for sure, until proven otherwise! :hugs: Thanks again for the reality check, I needed exactly that today.

JCM- That's coming up so fast! I can't believe it. So excited for you. And that's really interesting about the numbers. Huh.

If I had to deal with the hassle and expense of IVF, I'd probably aim for twins, too! Two for one deal! ;) How do they test to avoid false positives with IVF? Do you just have to wait longer?

Wouldn't it be exciting if September turned out to be the month for all three of you??

Haha yes twins. I always thought if I transferred two, I'd have a higher chance of at least one implanting but that's not the case! I have a 50% chance with doing one. If i do two, it increases about 5% but with that, I get a 50% chance of it automatically being twins. Does that make sense? Lol my head was spinning yesterday. I am pretty set on doing two embryos. I'm ok with twins.

Yes, post away! I'm trying to keep busy the next two weeks. I have a feeling after retrieval things will move kind of fast.

If I had to deal with the hassle and expense of IVF, I'd probably aim for twins, too! Two for one deal! ;) How do they test to avoid false positives with IVF? Do you just have to wait longer?

Wouldn't it be exciting if September turned out to be the month for all three of you??

yeah, buy one, get one free??:haha: my husband wants twins, and i'm open to it, but would definitely take the extra 5% even if it means twins are more likely:thumbup: excited to hear how it goes and hope it goes as smooth as something like that can:flower:

jump- Thank you!!! No seriously, thank you a ton. Actually, yeah, that is the kind of stuff I do for fun on Friday nights too, lol. When you look at them like that it's super interesting. I wouldn't say your chart looks like you're out so yeah, not sure why I'm so negative about myself. My brain sucks sometimes :wacko:

But you're completely right. I did have that dip 2 cycles ago and things were on a downward trend prior to that. I'm going to say that temps a week earlier were definitely not related to my miscarriage so maybe it is a good sign. Or maybe it means nothing. I can start to see why some people stop temping in the TWW. We are both still in this for sure, until proven otherwise! :hugs: Thanks again for the reality check, I needed exactly that today.

i just said what i hoped someone would say to me looking at my chart if i was convinced i was out:winkwink:

and YES, i can see why people don't temp anything once O is confirmed - drives us mad:wacko: but i wanna know so badly too!!!:dohh:

my temp went back up a bit today (same temp as 8DPO, so looks like one of those annoying-fill-you-with-hope dips:roll:). if it goes up again tomorrow i'll let myself test in the morning.:blush:

Yay, so glad to hear your temp is back up, or at least not down anymore :) Looking forward to your test results!

Looks promising owl and cant wait to see what your temp do jumpingo!

Yay for 9/10 coming up JCM, two for the price of one is right!!

Me...waiting to O :coffee: but in the meantime :sex:

temp went back down to just above the coverline. last month it dropped below the coverline and i got AF later that day, and that's expected to be tomorrow...so...yeah...

...sigh.

my husband was really sweet, but it's still sad.:cry:

and i know i'm not out until AF comes, but i just can't get hopeful because that's what i did the last couple days and it makes the negative worse. i would rather just assume AF is coming. for my mental sanity.

my brother is getting married in sept 2015, so if we don't get pregnant this next cycle, we may have to take some time off and actually avoid the fertile window because we live in japan and the wedding is in minnesota. so one more cycle of this craziness, for now.:coffee:

It's when you avoid it, you'll get pregnant immediately right?! Ugh sorry about the temp...I never temp because I don't have the patience.

So sorry jump. That sucks. I know that feeling. I'm assuming that AF is coming because it's easier than getting your hopes up. Especially with the spotting I've had the last couple days. My temp did go back up today but I was drinking last night. I've never seen an affect if I'm sober by the time I go to bed but you never know.

Try not to think about 2 cycles down the road what might happen. Deal with what's going on now. It'll just get you down. :hugs: I'm still hoping this might be it for you. Keep me posted!

awww, thank you:cry:
temp went back up which is so confusing:growlmad:
laying here having to pee at 4:45am debating what to do:shrug::dohh: not sure i can handle a negative but want to know too...?

:haha:

it was negative. oh well. sad, but better than yesterday.

off for a two day trip with some girl friends...

good luck to everyone and hope the bfps just flood in while i'm gone!!

Aw, so sorry to hear that. But at least now you know and can move forward.

as of now, no AF yet so we'll see what my temp does tomorrow and go from there i guess!:roll:

Bodies are such jerks sometimes, always keeping us guessing. I hope you get a definitive answer soon.

Temp was way down again so yesterday must have been an alcohol-related incident. Expecting AF today but will test tomorrow morning if not. I'm sure it will be a BFN but just need to know for repeat loss purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->