30 yo and TTC #1

Well I caved in and tested this morning at 11 dpo and got a negative like always. Part of me is optimistic and excited to start another cycle and part of me is mad.
I have decided to see a doctor if it doesn't happen next cycle

I'm sorry about the BFN.. sucks every time... How long have you been trying for Meljenn?

I test a week from tomorrow if I haven't started yet. Umm...if I can wait that long? Next Tuesday will be 14 dpo. So if I wait until then, I would have been a very good girl.

Now that I'm thinking about it...I doubt I'll be THAT good. Okay, so truly, how long do you guys wait?

I'm feeling more pessimistic this cycle, like I'm pretty certain it didn't work this time. Im not even excited or itching to test, because I just know I'm not pregnant. :\ Last cycle I was so optimistic and hopeful and certain it worked, and this cycle I'm Captain Doom-n-Gloom of the S.S This Bites. Maybe this is my way of protecting myself from the heart-break I went through last cycle? Is that normal?

I think it's completely normal. AF is supposed to start for me this coming Sunday, and I don't think I'm testing this time unless it doesn't show Sunday. For the last 3 cycles, I bought the tests that are supposed to be able to tell you up to five days before AF is late. This last time around, I went further down in the dumps every day I tested until AF showed. When it came, I cried so hard DH thought I'd gone over the edge. For me, this cycle, I'm just assuming I'm not pregnant and I'll do a happy dance if it turns out otherwise. Next cycle, who knows?

So that's my long way of saying I think it's completely normal, and you should handle it in tune with however you feel will keep you the least stressed and in the best mental place. But in the meantime, I'm sending massive amounts of baby dust and GL your way, and hoping for your BFP!

Thank you again for all of your support! Well, much like last month, it's like a switch flipped...one little thing happens and then I feel back to my regular self! So weird! The good news, I got offered the job I interviewed for on Thursday! It is a slight pay cut, but I think the opportunity is worth it. Also, Hailey (the new dog) did great sleeping in our room last night and while we were out today! I feel so much better! I did call and leave a message for my doctor to discuss what has been going on so that we can figure out what the best plan is for me.

Woo! Congrats on the job offer! I'm hoping some of that rubs off on me :) 2 phone interviews and 1 in person this week.

I test a week from tomorrow if I haven't started yet. Umm...if I can wait that long? Next Tuesday will be 14 dpo. So if I wait until then, I would have been a very good girl.

Now that I'm thinking about it...I doubt I'll be THAT good. Okay, so truly, how long do you guys wait?

I'm feeling more pessimistic this cycle, like I'm pretty certain it didn't work this time. Im not even excited or itching to test, because I just know I'm not pregnant. :\ Last cycle I was so optimistic and hopeful and certain it worked, and this cycle I'm Captain Doom-n-Gloom of the S.S This Bites. Maybe this is my way of protecting myself from the heart-break I went through last cycle? Is that normal?

Baby dust to you! I hope you get a great surprise this month. Sometimes that's the way things work- when you least expect it.

Well I caved in and tested this morning at 11 dpo and got a negative like always. Part of me is optimistic and excited to start another cycle and part of me is mad.

There's still time at 11dpo! I'm crossing my fingers for you. How long is your luteal phase normally?

Thank you again for all of your support! Well, much like last month, it's like a switch flipped...one little thing happens and then I feel back to my regular self! So weird! The good news, I got offered the job I interviewed for on Thursday! It is a slight pay cut, but I think the opportunity is worth it. Also, Hailey (the new dog) did great sleeping in our room last night and while we were out today! I feel so much better! I did call and leave a message for my doctor to discuss what has been going on so that we can figure out what the best plan is for me.

Woo! Congrats on the job offer! I'm hoping some of that rubs off on me :) 2 phone interviews and 1 in person this week.

Baby dust to you! I hope you get a great surprise this month. Sometimes that's the way things work- when you least expect it.

There's still time at 11dpo! I'm crossing my fingers for you. How long is your luteal phase normally?

Good luck to all of you!

This is cycle 5 and my luteal phase is right at 14 days.
Those cheap wondfo test make it so hard to wait.
We have a plan to pay off our house by next June so maybe that is why the sperm and egg are not good at playing Hide and go seek. I think they are waiting so I can stay home with baby

Hello I'm also 30 and ttc #1 :) it's the 1st cycle we are ttc, it's cd 5 and I'm waiting for O! Nice to meet you!

We are NTNP for 12months with no luck yet. This is the 13th month and I am currently @11dpo. If BFN then we are going to start TTC from coming cycle. I am 30 and DH is 35.

Hi Fairyy, very lovely to meet you!

Curiousowl, I'm so glad you got to talk to one of your good friends! It always does feel good to tell someone you trust and who looks after you as well! Also good luck on your interviews!

ladders, I definitely know what you mean about it seeming like everyone is getting pregnant! Two of my friends are pregnant now and I am really happy for them but all I can think sometimes is...what about me?! I'm ready!

MGreenM, Congrats on the new job! I'm so glad Hailey is settling in nicely! :) Enjoy her!

Dos Pinkies, You are so very normal!! Remember how crazy I was last week?! LOL Although I say don't be gloom about it just yet, not until the witch comes! There are lots of women who get tons of symptoms (like me last week) that aren't pregnant and lots of women with no symptoms and get their BFP. You just never know!

Meljenn, 11dpo is still a bit early to test! It ain't over til the fat lady sings! :)

lkkyb, Very wonderful to meet you !

I have been testing since 8 dpo! This is my first time ttc and I have ic tests so figured why not. Bfn everyday. Yesterday at 12 dpo I used a cvs brand test, blue dye, and had an evap. Tested today at 13 dpo and still bfn. I feel like AF will be here any minute so thinking I'm out this cycle. Just waiting to see what happens.

We're on our first cycle, and between my work schedule and DH having been sick, I'm not sure I'm even gonna count this cycle (pretty sure my ticker isn't accurate, I just based it on averages). But I imagine I'll be one of those obsessive 10dpo and every day afterwards testers :p

We had dinner at my brother's tonight, and I got so many baby snuggles with my little nephew. He's sooooooo cute. I don't know if getting some baby time calmed the baby rabies, or just made it worse. SIL told me to come over any time, so I may just impose myself on her a little more often. She can take a nap and I'll watch the baby.

I don't know if getting some baby time calmed the baby rabies, or just made it worse.

I'm wondering if that's going to be the case next week when I go to visit my best friend and meet her little boy for the first time. DH keeps saying it might be so awful I'll swear off TTC but the baby is almost 2 months and so adorable I'm afraid my baby fever is only going to get worse!

I have a friend who's baby is supposedly a big pain in the butt, always crying, and meeting her still made me want one. I'm pretty sure we've got some pretty strong hormones and instincts working to make us not think baby time is terrible ;)

Good point! Maybe it's good though that DH isn't coming just in case this baby is annoying too. Don't want him to change his mind :D

Hi all! I'm 30 and TTC #1!

We had a MMC in October and this is our first cycle trying since then. I'm 4 DPO and praying for my miracle baby. :)

So sorry to hear about your mc expectingtc can't even imagine how hard that must be. Im 6dpo so not that far in front of you hopefully get our bfp's together.

As for testing early im the same as you guys I test early see and bfn day after day, have the morning feeling upset then decide could be too early and get excited for testing the next day just for another bfn and this goes on until af arrives and although I know because of all the bfns I'm still gutted . vowed not to test until day after due this time so would be a week on Thursday just so can try to avoid the prolonged disappointment. Not sure how I'll do though.

Keep reading about women that just know they are pregnant and are and definitely don't feel like that :-(

I have a friend who's baby is supposedly a big pain in the butt, always crying, and meeting her still made me want one. I'm pretty sure we've got some pretty strong hormones and instincts working to make us not think baby time is terrible ;)

I agree...once it's in your mind that you want a baby, perspective changes and nothing else matters, not even being around little terrors :)

I have alot of older friends (5+ yrs older) so I've been around babies/kids for the last couple of years. It might be part of the reason I was ok with waiting...but now that I've decided that I want one, it's all I can think about when I'm around babies.

Hi all! I'm 30 and TTC #1!

We had a MMC in October and this is our first cycle trying since then. I'm 4 DPO and praying for my miracle baby. :)

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your loss... lots of baby dust your way..

It sure doesn't help that my nephew is the cutest babynin the universe. Maybe I'll just steal him...

So sorry to hear about your mc expectingtc can't even imagine how hard that must be. Im 6dpo so not that far in front of you hopefully get our bfp's together.

As for testing early im the same as you guys I test early see and bfn day after day, have the morning feeling upset then decide could be too early and get excited for testing the next day just for another bfn and this goes on until af arrives and although I know because of all the bfns I'm still gutted . vowed not to test until day after due this time so would be a week on Thursday just so can try to avoid the prolonged disappointment. Not sure how I'll do though.

Keep reading about women that just know they are pregnant and are and definitely don't feel like that :-(

Testing can be a b*tch. Hopefully you can wait it out this time.

Do you temp? I started a few days ago and I think that'll be a way to let myself down easier during cycles. I'll just keep checking that the high temps don't go too low. Once they drop, then I'll know AF is on the way without going through the pain of testing and seeing bfns.

No haven't temped before but have bought a thermometer if im not lucky this cycle. Feel like I have to do something different or add something each cycle, I know I have issues lol.

How does it work then? your temp drops before af?

Pre ovulation, temps are usually low, then after ovulation there's a spike. They generally stay high at that point, until right before AF when they drop again. If they continue to stay high when AF is expected, then there's a pretty good chance you're pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->