30 yo and TTC #1

No haven't temped before but have bought a thermometer if im not lucky this cycle. Feel like I have to do something different or add something each cycle, I know I have issues lol.

How does it work then? your temp drops before af?

I just started the temping. The website my fertility friend seems to be a pretty nice one because it explains everything and they even have reading or webcasts you can do to explain how it all works. Plus, you can look at other charts so you have a general idea of what is going on. I just started this cycle and am only on CD4 so I'm not the greatest help to you but if you ever want it, I can try and attach my chart so that you can see what they look like. Thus far, my hormones are as anal as I am. It has gone down by .1 degree every day so far.

I seriously need just a pick me up in life lately. It was a rough day at work today and then I got back at lunch to hear that there was a shooting at my goddaughter's MIDDLE school. WTF? She is fine but what the heck is going on with some of these kids today? As much as I want kids, sometimes the idea of the world they will live in terrifies me.

Oh jeez. I'm so glad to hear she's alright. That's incredibly scary. I think it's totally normal to feel doubtful in this situation. But a baby will be so loved by you. It's true you can't protect them from everything but you will do your best

No haven't temped before but have bought a thermometer if im not lucky this cycle. Feel like I have to do something different or add something each cycle, I know I have issues lol.

I just started the temping. The website my fertility friend seems to be a pretty nice one because it explains everything and they even have reading or webcasts you can do to explain how it all works. Plus, you can look at other charts so you have a general idea of what is going on. I just started this cycle and am only on CD4 so I'm not the greatest help to you but if you ever want it, I can try and attach my chart so that you can see what they look like. Thus far, my hormones are as anal as I am. It has gone down by .1 degree every day so far.

I seriously need just a pick me up in life lately. It was a rough day at work today and then I got back at lunch to hear that there was a shooting at my goddaughter's MIDDLE school. WTF? She is fine but what the heck is going on with some of these kids today? As much as I want kids, sometimes the idea of the world they will live in terrifies me.

PDReggie, move to Hawaii! These things don't ever happen over here! The news is the most boring thing you can imagine... pretty much 99.9% of deaths are accidental or of natural causes.... These shootings always seem to happen in the mid-west or east coast for some reason... I think people just need some sunshine.. sunshine = more vitamin D = happiness! Its science! :)

I'm really sorry to hear that, pdreggie. It's always heart-breaking when that happens. As a middle school teacher myself, it's scary as hell. Sometimes I stop myself in the middle of my "lock-down procedure" talk I give every year wherein I'm telling my 13 y/o's how to properly crawl out a window or hide or barricade a door, and I realize how soul-shattering that reality is. Sadly I've been in several lock-downs...from a student bringing a gun to school to a parent showing up with a knife threatening to kill his own daughter. There are days, my dears, that I just want to hug my kids forever.

On a brighter note, allow me to share how delightful aforementioned kids can make a day. Today they took a literary term survey that gave them terms and asked for a definition, and afterward we went over the answers together. We got to "external conflict" (a character's struggle with outside forces) VS "internal conflict" (a character's struggle within his own mind). They were grading each other's papers and would raise their hand if they weren't sure if something would count as a right answer or not. I explained the definitions, and someone raised his hand to check an answer to see if I would count it for "internal conflict." The answer? "Pregnancy."

I died. :rofl:

:haha: That is truly amazing. I guess biologically it's kind of true, lol. Maybe your student is a future scientist!

I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on temping if you ever have any questions! :)

But yes, temps will shoot up after ovulation and stay up until just right before AF then drop or stay up if you are pregnant.

Oh my goodness! Glad she is alright! I think about the things that we hear about and realize that each generation has their "unthinkable" horrible things that happen. Sometimes they are close to home, sometimes they are far away. Growing up, for me, it was the gulf war and all the terrorism in Israel. I have a lot of extended family there and that is what I had to worry about. If I went to go visit, would I be safe? In fact, I had people question both my mom and myself the 2 times I went. We can't live in fear.

Also, just wanted to give you wonderful ladies an update, I spoke with both my psychiatrist and my psychologist today. Most likely my crazy anxiety this weekend is multi-factorial and quite possibly related to PMS. I am going to try just treating symptoms since it isn't all of the time and may really just be the PMS thing. On the other hand, no sign of AF yet...we will see what my body decides to do this cycle. Right now, I am just trying to focus on taking care of myself, relaxing, enjoying Hailey and Oscar (Oscar is my bird that I have had for almost 17 years) and getting ready for the transition of the new job.

I hope everyone else had wonderful days!

Hey Ladies,
Sorry i have been out of touch for a few days.. My Memier is in the hospital, so needless to say havent been on here much.. She is starting to turn the corner, but could use some positive thought and prayers...

Hey Ladies,
Sorry i have been out of touch for a few days.. My Memier is in the hospital, so needless to say havent been on here much.. She is starting to turn the corner, but could use some positive thought and prayers...

sending positive thoughts her way!

I'm really sorry to hear that, pdreggie. It's always heart-breaking when that happens. As a middle school teacher myself, it's scary as hell. Sometimes I stop myself in the middle of my "lock-down procedure" talk I give every year wherein I'm telling my 13 y/o's how to properly crawl out a window or hide or barricade a door, and I realize how soul-shattering that reality is. Sadly I've been in several lock-downs...from a student bringing a gun to school to a parent showing up with a knife threatening to kill his own daughter. There are days, my dears, that I just want to hug my kids forever.

On a brighter note, allow me to share how delightful aforementioned kids can make a day. Today they took a literary term survey that gave them terms and asked for a definition, and afterward we went over the answers together. We got to "external conflict" (a character's struggle with outside forces) VS "internal conflict" (a character's struggle within his own mind). They were grading each other's papers and would raise their hand if they weren't sure if something would count as a right answer or not. I explained the definitions, and someone raised his hand to check an answer to see if I would count it for "internal conflict." The answer? "Pregnancy."

I died. :rofl:

That's awesome! And just made me literally LOL. DH thinks I'm nuts. Thank you for that story.

Oh my goodness! Glad she is alright! I think about the things that we hear about and realize that each generation has their "unthinkable" horrible things that happen. Sometimes they are close to home, sometimes they are far away. Growing up, for me, it was the gulf war and all the terrorism in Israel. I have a lot of extended family there and that is what I had to worry about. If I went to go visit, would I be safe? In fact, I had people question both my mom and myself the 2 times I went. We can't live in fear.

Also, just wanted to give you wonderful ladies an update, I spoke with both my psychiatrist and my psychologist today. Most likely my crazy anxiety this weekend is multi-factorial and quite possibly related to PMS. I am going to try just treating symptoms since it isn't all of the time and may really just be the PMS thing. On the other hand, no sign of AF yet...we will see what my body decides to do this cycle. Right now, I am just trying to focus on taking care of myself, relaxing, enjoying Hailey and Oscar (Oscar is my bird that I have had for almost 17 years) and getting ready for the transition of the new job.

I hope everyone else had wonderful days!

Thank you. Also, I'm really glad to hear that they think things are still alright and are willing to treat just symptoms for now. Congrats on new job! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Hey Ladies,

I'm sorry to hear she is sick. I will keep her in my prayers! It's going to be a busy night on that list. I hope she gets through this and quickly! Good luck.

Also, just wanted to give you wonderful ladies an update, I spoke with both my psychiatrist and my psychologist today. Most likely my crazy anxiety this weekend is multi-factorial and quite possibly related to PMS. I am going to try just treating symptoms since it isn't all of the time and may really just be the PMS thing. On the other hand, no sign of AF yet...we will see what my body decides to do this cycle.

So glad that it sounds like you're doing better! I hope you and your team can get it sorted out so you don't have to deal with that.

Hey Ladies,

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you and your family. Keep us posted.

MgreenM, so glad to hear that you're doing much better and have a great positive attitude! Keep it up! :)

Miskas mommy, I am so sorry to hear this! I will definitely be sending positive thoughts her way!

Just a quick temping question. Do I need to take my temperature at the same time everyday or is it okay if its between 8-9 in the morning and as long as it's before I get up and start moving around?

MgreenM, so glad to hear that you're doing much better and have a great positive attitude! Keep it up! :)

Miskas mommy, I am so sorry to hear this! I will definitely be sending positive thoughts her way!

Just a quick temping question. Do I need to take my temperature at the same time everyday or is it okay if its between 8-9 in the morning and as long as it's before I get up and start moving around?

lsd2721, when I was temping, my instructions were to do it first thing in the morning, before I even got up to pee... I would literally open my eyes and grab the thermometer, stay laying in the dark until it beeped...

Once you start walking around your temp will go up and it will compromise the accuracy of the reading...

yea, that is exactly what I do...but sometimes my beeper goes off and I sleep a bit later so I was just wondering if it had to be at the exact same time everyday or if it was just as you woke up? It's never later than 8:45 and never earlier than 8.

lsd, it does matter quite a bit - they say to keep it within about a 30 minute timeframe each day. Your temp steadily rises a little throughout the morning, so it will be slightly different between 8 and 9 (I think the rule is about .1 each half hour to hour?) I would try really hard to do it at exactly the same time, but if you can't, there's a temp adjuster online.

https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

lsd, it does matter quite a bit - they say to keep it within about a 30 minute timeframe each day. Your temp steadily rises a little throughout the morning, so it will be slightly different between 8 and 9 (I think the rule is about .1 each half hour to hour?) I would try really hard to do it at exactly the same time, but if you can't, there's a temp adjuster online.

https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Wow, I didn't know that! Thx for the info! It never made a difference because I always did it at the same time anyways, but its good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->