30 yo and TTC #1

Thinking good thoughts for you both too ladders and TryingInTexas!!! :af: Only question for all you ladies close to testing... who's gonna be our first BFP?! :D

Dospinkies we get all results on Friday have an appointment booked in the morning, but I couldn't get day off work so have to go on a break so doubley hoping for good results or don't know how I'll go back. Af due Tues or weds so if comes at least Friday not long to wait. Sorry to hear about your dh lower count does seem like we have a lot in common!

Have had a lovely weekend hope everyone else has had a nice time. No symptoms so really worried I'm out this month, not wanting to test because can still have some hope for the next two days if I don't.

Somebody tell me to stop googling early symptoms! Lol...I'm glad my DH is working today so he's not here to scold me... :blush:

Somebody tell me to stop googling early symptoms! Lol...I'm glad my DH is working today so he's not here to scold me... :blush:

lol. Step away from google! Seriously though, I have no room to talk. I google this stuff until my fingers are raw so I feel ya :rolleyes:

I talked with DH a lot tonight as my mood has been all over the place...DH thought that if I am pregnant, maybe the surge in hormones could be the reason for my anxiety lately. So we talked about when I should test and I think we agreed to give it another week...part of me wants to test sooner because it may put my mind at ease, part of me wants to wait because I just don't need anything else to add right now. I will probably stick with the original plan of waiting...I just hate feeling like this so much. I also know that at least a piece of it is work related and that will be getting better soon.

Do any of you have dogs? What was it like when you first got them? How long was the transition period and who had a harder time? You or the dog? I feel like I am not handling the transition well but that the dog is...but again, there is a lot on my plate...

Hey Ladies! I've been super busy lately so I just caught up on the last few days. Looks like a few are close to testing! Good luck! I hope that AF stays away for you.

I'm waiting to ovulate but expect to on Tuesday so hopefully this is our month!

I had to come on here because I just had a mini meltdown moment and since we aren't telling people that we are trying, I come on here to vent to you all. My hubby was talking to my MIL tonight and I was sitting next to him. Completely out of the blue she was like, well from a grandma's perspective times a ticking, you don't want to wait too long. My husband was talking about my job so it's not like it was in context of the conversation. I understand that she doesn't know we are trying. But she does know that DH has sperm issues because she was with him when he originally had the surgery years ago to try to correct it. It's just so insensitive. As if I need her to remind me that I am going to be 30 and haven't had a baby yet. I'm very well aware. We've been trying for almost a year now and it just kills me for her to make a comment like that. She's got some nerve. Ugh!

Even more reason I hope this is our month and we don't have to deal with insensitive comments from her anymore. Thanks for reading and letting me vent!

I think it should be legal to punch anyone who pulls the baby pressure thing. You never know if someone is struggling to conceive or doesn't want kids or what. Mind your own business!

I'm still catching up because I stayed away for a few days out of crankiness. We definitely missed my fertile period due to DH being sick, our first month of trying :p The good news is, though, is that I paid close attention and realized I had some pretty clear ovulation symptoms, which should make tracking and timing things easier in general, without having to temp and pee on sticks and all that. Hopefully it proves to be a pattern (or even more hopefully, I get pregnant right away, and ovulation symptoms are a moot point). I've been able to see my baby nephew more often and get some good snuggles, though, so that helps. He's getting so big now.

We were planning to take a break for a few months if I didn't get pregnant the first two months of trying, but now that I've been cheated out of a month, I'm tempted not to take the break. Based on my current cycles, the odds of an actual Christmas baby would be low, and that would be my biggest worry. Ah, well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I guess.

Hoping to see some BFP posts here soon so I can live vicariously through you ladies!

Hi there, I'm going to jump on this bandwagon, as I just found this site tonight.

I'm 29 and TTC #1 since March of 2013. When my bf and I started trying, I didn't feel much pressure. But then my younger sister announced her pregnancy (due in June) and now I feel like I'm somehow a failure for not conceiving sooner. Seeing everyone so excited (first grand baby on either side)....it's just tough when it's not you. And it's even tougher when she brags that she conceived her very first cycle off BCP. I'm happy for her and I'm happy I will be an aunt, but at the same time it's like wtf. I have so many emotions about it all.

For the past two cycles I've really been doing my research and trying to help myself as much as I can. I don't want to take the 'relax and it will happen' approach, as I feel like if I do that, I'm somehow wasting time. Anyone else feel like that? I feel better and it helps keep me focused on my goal when I'm educating myself and reading about other women's stories.

I thought for sure last month was my month. I had such a positive outlook, I just had a different feeling about it. I was taking vitex pills, drinking a fertility tea, going to acupuncture once a week, we were using Preseed, and I was of course taking prenatals. I had EWCM, got a positive OPK, we had sex 3 times over that 48 hour period....and I thought bam, that's it. The stars have aligned, I felt like all the things that were supposed to have happened happened, and my bf and I did what we were supposed to do. I felt healthy and on top of my ttc game. Then during the 2ww, I had headaches, major cramping, sore nipples. All things I thought were symptoms. But here I sit on CD3, as AF showed her face Friday afternoon. And I had a complete breakdown.

But I'm slowly coming back mentally and looking forward to making this cycle the one. So that's my story. I don't have many people to tell it to, as all our friends have kids, my sister can't relate to any sort of struggle and her time is consumed with her own pregnancy, and the only thing my mom has said to me is relax and quit thinking about it. But I don't know how to do that quite yet :)

Thanks for all of the encouraging words ladies :) I went out today and got a FRER. I may test tomorrow with fmu but I'm afraid of seeing another bfn. It's so disheartening!

Hi there, I'm going to jump on this bandwagon, as I just found this site tonight.

I'm 29 and TTC #1 since March of 2013. When my bf and I started trying, I didn't feel much pressure. But then my younger sister announced her pregnancy (due in June) and now I feel like I'm somehow a failure for not conceiving sooner. Seeing everyone so excited (first grand baby on either side)....it's just tough when it's not you. And it's even tougher when she brags that she conceived her very first cycle off BCP. I'm happy for her and I'm happy I will be an aunt, but at the same time it's like wtf. I have so many emotions about it all.

For the past two cycles I've really been doing my research and trying to help myself as much as I can. I don't want to take the 'relax and it will happen' approach, as I feel like if I do that, I'm somehow wasting time. Anyone else feel like that? I feel better and it helps keep me focused on my goal when I'm educating myself and reading about other women's stories.

I thought for sure last month was my month. I had such a positive outlook, I just had a different feeling about it. I was taking vitex pills, drinking a fertility tea, going to acupuncture once a week, we were using Preseed, and I was of course taking prenatals. I had EWCM, got a positive OPK, we had sex 3 times over that 48 hour period....and I thought bam, that's it. The stars have aligned, I felt like all the things that were supposed to have happened happened, and my bf and I did what we were supposed to do. I felt healthy and on top of my ttc game. Then during the 2ww, I had headaches, major cramping, sore nipples. All things I thought were symptoms. But here I sit on CD3, as AF showed her face Friday afternoon. And I had a complete breakdown.

But I'm slowly coming back mentally and looking forward to making this cycle the one. So that's my story. I don't have many people to tell it to, as all our friends have kids, my sister can't relate to any sort of struggle and her time is consumed with her own pregnancy, and the only thing my mom has said to me is relax and quit thinking about it. But I don't know how to do that quite yet :)

Welcome! I noticed your screen name and had to ask where in San Diego you live? I'm also in San Diego in the north park area; just moved out here a few months ago from Jersey. Other than that, I feel your pain. I'm 29 (for the next couple of weeks lol) and my younger siblings have kids and I don't. I'm only in my first cycle TTC but I'm already driving myself crazy! I really wanna be a mom :)

Dospinkies we get all results on Friday have an appointment booked in the morning, but I couldn't get day off work so have to go on a break so doubley hoping for good results or don't know how I'll go back. Af due Tues or weds so if comes at least Friday not long to wait. Sorry to hear about your dh lower count does seem like we have a lot in common!

Have had a lovely weekend hope everyone else has had a nice time. No symptoms so really worried I'm out this month, not wanting to test because can still have some hope for the next two days if I don't.

I really hope your tests come back okay. Where do you live btw? I've guessed by some of your phrases that you're in the UK?

lol. Step away from google! Seriously though, I have no room to talk. I google this stuff until my fingers are raw so I feel ya :rolleyes:

It always makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who does those things. Lol.

I talked with DH a lot tonight as my mood has been all over the place...DH thought that if I am pregnant, maybe the surge in hormones could be the reason for my anxiety lately. So we talked about when I should test and I think we agreed to give it another week...part of me wants to test sooner because it may put my mind at ease, part of me wants to wait because I just don't need anything else to add right now. I will probably stick with the original plan of waiting...I just hate feeling like this so much. I also know that at least a piece of it is work related and that will be getting better soon.

Do any of you have dogs? What was it like when you first got them? How long was the transition period and who had a harder time? You or the dog? I feel like I am not handling the transition well but that the dog is...but again, there is a lot on my plate...

I've had dogs my whole life. I think you're probably having a difficult time only because of all of the transitions and stress going on right now. She's still very new to you. It's going to get easier. :hugs:

Hey Ladies! I've been super busy lately so I just caught up on the last few days. Looks like a few are close to testing! Good luck! I hope that AF stays away for you.

I'm waiting to ovulate but expect to on Tuesday so hopefully this is our month!

I had to come on here because I just had a mini meltdown moment and since we aren't telling people that we are trying, I come on here to vent to you all. My hubby was talking to my MIL tonight and I was sitting next to him. Completely out of the blue she was like, well from a grandma's perspective times a ticking, you don't want to wait too long. My husband was talking about my job so it's not like it was in context of the conversation. I understand that she doesn't know we are trying. But she does know that DH has sperm issues because she was with him when he originally had the surgery years ago to try to correct it. It's just so insensitive. As if I need her to remind me that I am going to be 30 and haven't had a baby yet. I'm very well aware. We've been trying for almost a year now and it just kills me for her to make a comment like that. She's got some nerve. Ugh!

Even more reason I hope this is our month and we don't have to deal with insensitive comments from her anymore. Thanks for reading and letting me vent!

There's nothing that gets me more angry than people who butt their noses into another couple's conceiving status. They have no right. Luckily DH and I get no pressure from either of our parents, but we have gotten the opposite from one of our friends. The wife of his best friend (who appends to be pregnant with their 2nd) brought it up to him one day after her husband told her (DH has a big mouth ;). She basically told him that it was stupid for us to have a baby because I have chronic headaches and don't I know that having a baby makes things even harder and so on and so on. Ohhhhhh, I'm so glad I wasn't there or I would have flipped my lid. Like I haven't thought about his every day for years and weighed all of my options? The truth is that I was tired of letting my headaches make all of my life decisions for me, and I decided I was going to beat them instead of the other way around. Personally, I think that's the best decision I can make, and for someone who has everything she wants to call that stupid quite frankly made my blood boil.

Welcome! I'm also 29...30 in May. I'm so sorry AF showed up. :( I had a devastation like that in December. I was SO positive it had worked...when AF showed up, I sat in the bathroom floor and cried like a baby. It's incredibly emotionally taxing. The best thing I've done for my sanity is hang out on the forums though. It really does make it feel better to talk to people who go through the same heartbreaks and craziness that you do.

Welcome! I'm also 29 and have been trying since February/March 2013 so we are in the same boat. I know the feeling of feeling like it's your month and then being crushed when AF rears her ugly head.

I completely get not wanting to relax and let it happen. It's so hard to do just relax when I've been trying, tracking and researching for a year and honestly I feel like I have a little bit of control by doing all of that.

Ttcsandiego Iv definitely been there and will be exactly the same if af arrives weds.

This month I managed to time things perfectly bding four days prior and the day of o. It was like a full time job because had to work out different ways of making sure we dtd without dh knowing it was the important time of the month because a combination in the past of me telling him everything, his low sperm count and me being so upset when af arrives have made it so he doesn't enjoy or be able to finish if he knows its important. Too much pressure and i blame myself for that. This month did everything possible to conceal it and even using preseed so i was extra impressed with myself.

Af due tomorrow or Wednesday and did wake up with backache which is my usual af symptom so feeling pretty depressed. Not tested yet because can't bear a bfn.

Dospinkies yes I'm from the UK live in the middle of England in a city called Leicester. How are you today hop the witch is staying away for you

I am 32( 33 in less than a month) and just started trying. On cycle 1 I got a bfn and I don't want to be discouraged and assume this is the beginning of a loooong road. I know it's unusual to score on your first cycle without a goalie, but I still kind of thought it was possible. I really hope I can be relaxed and patient with this first few months. Talking it out does help, thanks ladies!

I think she got me :( I've got my typical AF cramps and I just started spotting in the same way I usually do just before AF. I was really hopeful this morning because my temps are still up, but I'm pretty certain this AF and not IB...I think it's too late for IB anyways. I'm trying really hard not to break down because I'm at school. It's my prep period though so at least I'm alone in my classroom for a while. I wish this got easier.

I'm so sorry your MIL was so insensitive! Especially since she knows about your DH's issues, that's crazy. We've gotten those comments from both mothers for years and I've always ignored them but now thinking about how I would feel since we're trying it's worse in some ways. People definitely should mind their own business when it comes to these things.

I'm still catching up because I stayed away for a few days out of crankiness. We definitely missed my fertile period due to DH being sick, our first month of trying :p The good news is, though, is that I paid close attention and realized I had some pretty clear ovulation symptoms, which should make tracking and timing things easier in general, without having to temp and pee on sticks and all that. Hopefully it proves to be a pattern (or even more hopefully, I get pregnant right away, and ovulation symptoms are a moot point). I've been able to see my baby nephew more often and get some good snuggles, though, so that helps. He's getting so big now.

That really sucks that you missed your chance this month but that's awesome about figuring some things out about your cycle! Here's to hoping next cycle is yours :)

I noticed your screen name and had to ask where in San Diego you live? I'm also in San Diego in the north park area; just moved out here a few months ago from Jersey.

Hey there San Diego ladies! I went to college in SD. I'm so jealous of your sun and warmth right now. I know CA is hurting for rain so you should probably send some of your nice weather to me ;)

I think she got me :( I've got my typical AF cramps and I just started spotting in the same way I usually do just before AF. I was really hopeful this morning because my temps are still up, but I'm pretty certain this AF and not IB...I think it's too late for IB anyways. I'm trying really hard not to break down because I'm at school. It's my prep period though so at least I'm alone in my classroom for a while. I wish this got easier.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. :hugs:

I'm so sorry! :hugs:

I'm so sorry your MIL was so insensitive! Especially since she knows about your DH's issues, that's crazy. We've gotten those comments from both mothers for years and I've always ignored them but now thinking about how I would feel since we're trying it's worse in some ways. People definitely should mind their own business when it comes to these things.

Thanks. I really wish people would just mind their own business! It would make TTC just a little bit easier if people could shut their mouths.

Really sorry to hear that, so hard not to feel rubbish and downhearted your not alone. When you want something so bad it's never going to be easy. Xx

I am 32( 33 in less than a month) and just started trying. On cycle 1 I got a bfn and I don't want to be discouraged and assume this is the beginning of a loooong road. I know it's unusual to score on your first cycle without a goalie, but I still kind of thought it was possible. I really hope I can be relaxed and patient with this first few months. Talking it out does help, thanks ladies!

I was the same i really had in my head we would have a honeymoon baby or would be in a couple of months, doesn't help that everyone I ask seemed to have got pregnant the first or second month trying.

Hi, just catching up. This thread moves quickly.

RForReal, sorry about your mini meltdown. People can make such insensitive comments sometimes. Esp when she has more info on the whole thing than a normal person would. Hoping this is your month too!

Ttcsandiego, welcome. I feel we have a lot in common. I like researching stuff too and taking control where I can, that's my form of "relaxing" through this ttc process. That may change later but it's what works for now. I also found out my sister is pregnant and I know it will just get even harder hearing her talk about it if it doesn't happen for me soon. I can only imagine how it's been for u since last June. Feel free to vent away here...

Ladders, good luck and hopefully AF doesnt rear her ugly face. I'm 8dpo (at cd38) and will be testing later this week too. AF didnt come at cd32 like i thought (thank God) so it looks like I just had an extra long cycle this month and nothing is wrong with my luteal phase. Lots of baby dust to us..

DosPinkies, sorry to hear about the spotting/AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->