30 yo and TTC #1

RF - what are you guys doing to combat the male factor? Is he on vitamins?

Right now that's all we are doing. He's on fertilaid and CountBoost. He's been on fertilaid for about 4 or 5 months and the CountBoost for a month. If we haven't conceived by March we will likely pursue other options. I've heard that clomid can work for men to increase sperm count and quality. But we may also end up going the IUI route if we can.

I'm sorry to hear that, Ladders. I know there are workarounds for sperm issues, I hope they prove to be not too complicated in your case.

My insurance covers up to 6 fertility treatments, but I don't know to what extent or what procedures specifically it covered. Since we're just starting out I haven't bothered to research it.

If it gives anybody hope, a dear friend of mine who spent nearly a year TTC gave birth to a beautiful baby girl today. Sometimes it just takes time (which I'm sure will be absolutely zero comfort to me if I haven't conceived in a year :p ).

Well I've been TTC for almost a year and hearing success stories like that are still comforting! Thanks!

Well ladies, I woke up around 2:30am and had to pee...decided to test then because (silly me) I wasn't sure if I would have to pee at 6:15 when I got up (of course I did!) Anyways, the result was: :bfp:! According to the digi I am at 2-3 weeks! Part of me is excited, part of me isn't because of the timing. Now I have to figure out when to tell the new job...I am still deciding if I should wake DH and tell him or let him see the test that I left in the bathroom...I am leaving for work in about 30 minutes...So, if you are reading this in the next 15 minutes or so, I would love to know what you think I should do...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy! I'm so happy for you! Oh well about the timing - you're gonna have a baby! Congrats! I think you should wake him. If it were me, I'd want to be there to see his face.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy! I'm so happy for you! Oh well about the timing - you're gonna have a baby! Congrats! I think you should wake him. If it were me, I'd want to be there to see his face.

Thanks Dos! It's good to have someone excited for me. I know the timing is annoying but I also know it will all work out. It's just a little anxiety producing...I am going to email the psychiatrist so that he can help me manage things in an appropriate manner.

Just woke up DH, he said "I didn't sleep well." I said, "neither did I" He said "So why did you wake me up?" lol "I said to tell you the result" When I did, he said (in a really cute voice) "yaaaayyy, you tell me when we tell the world" lol. He is so sweet. I might let him tell one person just so he has someone to talk to if he wants...I will probably tell one of my close friends so that I have that outlet. As much as you ladies are awesome, it's always nice to have someone you can pick up the phone and call!

Congratulations mgreenm really pleased for you, first bfp! Sod the timing it doesn't matter!

Results from sa show dh has an high level of abnormal morphology of 78% reference says should be less than 70%. Need to re test to see if consistent or one off. I know some of the other ladies have dh with less than perfect sa results if any one wouldn't mind saying what there's is and what they are doing to help it?
Research says not much to change morphology but If we try to do stuff to boost count then surely that will help as 22% of more sperm is better right?

Well ladies, I woke up around 2:30am and had to pee...decided to test then because (silly me) I wasn't sure if I would have to pee at 6:15 when I got up (of course I did!) Anyways, the result was: :bfp:! According to the digi I am at 2-3 weeks! Part of me is excited, part of me isn't because of the timing. Now I have to figure out when to tell the new job...I am still deciding if I should wake DH and tell him or let him see the test that I left in the bathroom...I am leaving for work in about 30 minutes...So, if you are reading this in the next 15 minutes or so, I would love to know what you think I should do...

Congrats!! I know you have to be super excited

YEAH!!!!!!! SO excited for you!!!!!

Just woke up DH, he said "I didn't sleep well." I said, "neither did I" He said "So why did you wake me up?" lol "I said to tell you the result" When I did, he said (in a really cute voice) "yaaaayyy, you tell me when we tell the world" lol. He is so sweet. I might let him tell one person just so he has someone to talk to if he wants...I will probably tell one of my close friends so that I have that outlet. As much as you ladies are awesome, it's always nice to have someone you can pick up the phone and call!

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you.

Sorry ladders, I don't know much about sa results so I can't answer your question.

I tested again today, and bfn. I couldn't hold out until Saturday. I had a huge temp drop today so I'm feeling like I'm probably out. If I am out, I just wish AF would arrive today or tomorrow rather than Mon as predicted by ff. Having super long cycles suck when ttc'ing. I would usually love them otherwise. Hope I at least get back to the 35 day cycles.

Congratulations mgreenm really pleased for you, first bfp! Sod the timing it doesn't matter!

Results from sa show dh has an high level of abnormal morphology of 78% reference says should be less than 70%. Need to re test to see if consistent or one off. I know some of the other ladies have dh with less than perfect sa results if any one wouldn't mind saying what there's is and what they are doing to help it?
Research says not much to change morphology but If we try to do stuff to boost count then surely that will help as 22% of more sperm is better right?

MgreenM congrats!! Hope your baby dust rubs off on the rest of us!!

Ladders, its important that you get more specific about the SA test... When we got my DH Sa we were super down, it shows only 4% normal... but then the nurse explained to us that their testing methods are so strict that pretty much all men have morphology issues in their results... DH results werent optimal but it wasnt as bad as we thought initially.

There are also 2 different testing methods you should familiarize yourself with because it make a big difference on result interpretation. 78% sounds pretty good to me to be honest.. especially if his count is high. Whats his count and motility?

Ladders - did they tell you his count and motility? If those numbers are good, I'd say there's no reason to worry too much. I'd probably order some FertilAid for him. It's supposed to increase the overall health of the swimmers he makes...can't hurt!

Sorry ladders, I don't know much about sa results so I can't answer your question.

I tested again today, and bfn. I couldn't hold out until Saturday. I had a huge temp drop today so I'm feeling like I'm probably out. If I am out, I just wish AF would arrive today or tomorrow rather than Mon as predicted by ff. Having super long cycles suck when ttc'ing. I would usually love them otherwise. Hope I at least get back to the 35 day cycles.

Sorry for the bfn. You never know though.

So random temping questions....

First, I am seeing a lot of people going really hardcore about temping without moving in the morning. I actually have to sit up to get to my alarm because I would totally sleep through it otherwise. So I at least sit up and turn the alarm off before temping. I don't feel like it's that bad since I have been "experimenting" with temping and take my temp when I'm still in bed after sitting up and after I've gotten up and peed and brushed my teeth. It is usually only .1 degree different. I'm really not willing to move my alarm closer so I can turn it off and end up at the wrong time and late for work. How badly is this affecting my temps do you think?

Second, this morning, I overslept anyway. (I'm special) and dreamed I took my temp while still in bed but didn't. So I took it after I peed and brushed my teeth. It was the same as yesterday's temp and because of the small difference I've been seeing in temps this way, I recorded the temp and different time, but recorded it as a temp that might be inaccurate. Do we think it's a problem to do this? Should I have completely disregarded the temp? Since it wasn't crazy different I didn't disregard it completely.

Any answers are appreciated. Who knew you could be so bad at something as simple as taking your own temp on a digital thermometer.

MgreenM! Oh My Gosh! HOW EXCITING! Congrats! I would wait to tell the job until you are further a long! They don't need to know just quite yet! Just enjoy your pregnancy with DH! Now rub that beautiful baby dust on the rest of us! :) Happy and Healthy 9 months to you! :)

PDreggie, I think if you're just sitting up to turn off the alarm it really shouldn't be a big deal! This is only my first month of temping but it's my understanding they just don't want you walking around and doing those kind of things but just sitting up for the alarm I would think would be fine.

Count is 47million with motility of 52% but abnormals at 78% when reference range should be above 70% its the who reference system and i got a print out because knew I'd obsess over it. Have ordered count boost and motility boost and already have well man conception which I think is the uk version of fertilaid.
Any one know what these results will mean?

PD - I agree with lsd that turning off the alarm is no big deal. As for this morning, it's not going to throw it off that much. I wouldn't discard it completely - recording it is possible inaccurate with the little open circle is good enough.

Ladders - I think your results mean that you and DH can definitely conceive! Are his numbers just the best numbers ever? Well no, but neither are A LOT of guys' numbers, but they can still knock us up! :thumbup: His numbers are better than my DH if that makes you feel any better. His count is 35, motility 40%...cant remember morphology but it was normal at least. I just have him on FertilAid for now...it's 3 pills a day on its own, and I didn't want to overwhelm him all at once by adding the count boost and motility aid just yet. I've got to take baby steps with him when it comes to that, because it's a sensitive subject. My plan is to do FertilAid alone for 3 months and if no BFP by then, I'll talk him into adding the other two. If your DH is cool with taking them right away, hey - it can only help! With those vitamins, I think every thing is going to work out perfectly for you. Take a deep breath...those results are not bad news! :hugs:

Okay - I need your charting opinions on something. If you were spotting all day before starting AF, and she arrived late that evening at around 9 p.m., would you count that day as CD1 or would you count that day as spotting and the next as CD1? I'm thinking I should count the next day as CD1...especially since that's when my temp dipped dramatically. You ladies agree?

Thank you everyone! I think DH is actually rather excited...he sent me an email this morning saying "Just let me know when I can tell the world. I am eagerly waiting to make a post about this on Facebook." I almost had a meltdown at work because when I called to make an appointment, they said they wouldn't do it until week 8 which happens to be my first week at the new job! I was freaking out so much I ended up telling a co-worker that is like a mom to me and asking her advice. Well, fortunately, today was a slow day and I was able to call a few other practices and one that is actually associated with the dr. I had been going to said they would do it the week before including the sonogram! I am still a little edgy, but having people being excited for me helps. I hope my babydust rubs off on all of you!

Ladders- I wish I could help, but I know NOTHING about SA!

And I am no help with the temping stuff either! lol! I am not very useful to you guys right now, huh? Well, you have my support and hugs whenever you need them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->