30 yo and TTC #1

so just thought i would update u ladies... Still no AF and a :bfn: this morning.. now im really confused..... good thing Wednesday is only 3 days away. gonna ask my dr what the heck is going on.

boo! I have my list of questions for my dr. tomorrow (well, I will be seeing the NP, but I really like her and trust her).

That makes 3 of us in the area! :happydance: I am about 45 minutes north of DC, 20-30 south of Baltimore. Curiousowl, where did you live before? If you want warm boots, you likely won't find much that is considered fashionable...at least from my experience. Although, I haven't worn real winter boots since jr. high or high school (you learn to do without when you live in MN, boots are such a hassel if there is only a few inches of snow on the ground.

I'm in Frederick. I'm not originally from this area but have lived in areas with snow before. But it was an adjustment moving here because we moved from the south where there is never snow! I had to buy snow boots when we moved here. I just got them at TJMaxx or something like that.

That's awesome that you're here too MgreenM! We have the MD club now :) That's funny that you mention MN. After I stared at snow boots online forever I started bugging a friend who grew up in MN since I figured she would know if anyone would! She laughed at me since it really doesn't snow that much here but I honestly have NOTHING that keeps my feet warm.

RFor Real, I actually have a job interview in Frederick in a couple weeks! I probably won't take it because I think the commute would be soul-crushing but I haven't been up that far north so it'll be cool to at least get over there.

We moved here from North Carolina but both DH and I are originally Californians. I've definitely had to acquire warmer jackets and now footwear. I ended up with a pair of BareTrap boots which seem cute-ish but warmer. Not exactly true snow boots but should hopefully still keep me warm and dry. It's an adjustment for sure. We only ever got a tiny bit of snow that didn't stick in NC and CA is CA, lol. I hate being cold!

so just thought i would update u ladies... Still no AF and a :bfn: this morning.. now im really confused..... good thing Wednesday is only 3 days away. gonna ask my dr what the heck is going on.

Aw, boo. So Wednesday is when AF is due, is that right? If that's the case, I've read that sometimes you won't even get a BFP until a week (or TWO!) after AF goes MIA. It might just be too early to know anything yet.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get an answer soon!

DosPinkies - you aren't out of the game yet as long as AF is a no show. Do you know when you ovulated?

Curiousowl, we also live near each other! I'm in Maryland, about an hour north of DC.

Oh wow! We actually probably live really close then because I'm in College Park. (I just put DC because it's the closest big city :) ) Where are you exactly? Are you originally from this area? We're pretty new and this snow has certainly been a shock, lol. I just spent the past hour looking for warmer boots to buy online!

That makes 3 of us in the area! :happydance: I am about 45 minutes north of DC, 20-30 south of Baltimore. Curiousowl, where did you live before? If you want warm boots, you likely won't find much that is considered fashionable...at least from my experience. Although, I haven't worn real winter boots since jr. high or high school (you learn to do without when you live in MN, boots are such a hassel if there is only a few inches of snow on the ground.

I don't know if any of you have odd dreams, but I always have. Anyways, in high school, I would have all sorts of weird pregnancy dreams. I haven't had any of those in a VERY LONG TIME. Last night, I dreamed that I was pregnant, went to the hospital to give birth, gave birth -no big deal, the babies (you read that right, in the dream I had 3 babys 2 girls, 1 boy) just popped right out, the staff at the hospital shifted myself and 2 other women to various beds, one gave birth around lunch, i gave birth around dinner time and afterwards, I went out, with the babies to get McDonalds(never my first choice), then came back and started searching for my cell phone so I could call and tell my mom. Remember, this was just a dream! :wacko:

Have any of you ever had weird dreams? I am midcycle so I haven't even considered testing at this point. This dream may top some of my strangest!

I lived in NE DC for a year after college. I hated snow when I lived there. I had lived in NC and NM before so I wasn't much of a snow girl. Then I did something really silly and fell in love with DH who lived in northern Ohio!

M, I have had really strange dreams lately also. I had one where I had a baby and he was about 1 and it was completely normal. I rarely dream but when I do its been really crazy dreams that make no sense.

I've been having really strange dreams the past few days too. Not necessarily baby related but strange and vivid!

alright ladies, we are off to go meet a candidate for our furbaby! Woohoo! I will let you know if we decide to adopt her!

I'm in Frederick. I'm not originally from this area but have lived in areas with snow before. But it was an adjustment moving here because we moved from the south where there is never snow! I had to buy snow boots when we moved here. I just got them at TJMaxx or something like that.

That's awesome that you're here too MgreenM! We have the MD club now :) That's funny that you mention MN. After I stared at snow boots online forever I started bugging a friend who grew up in MN since I figured she would know if anyone would! She laughed at me since it really doesn't snow that much here but I honestly have NOTHING that keeps my feet warm.

RFor Real, I actually have a job interview in Frederick in a couple weeks! I probably won't take it because I think the commute would be soul-crushing but I haven't been up that far north so it'll be cool to at least get over there.

We moved here from North Carolina but both DH and I are originally Californians. I've definitely had to acquire warmer jackets and now footwear. I ended up with a pair of BareTrap boots which seem cute-ish but warmer. Not exactly true snow boots but should hopefully still keep me warm and dry. It's an adjustment for sure. We only ever got a tiny bit of snow that didn't stick in NC and CA is CA, lol. I hate being cold!

I am the worlds worst at cold weather! I hate it! I'm from the south so Mississippi doesn't get really cold at all. So when I took my first trip to NY, NY I brought only flip flops ( in jan ) think I'd be fine bc my feet always get incredibly hot even though I wear sweaters so I'm not cold! Anyway, I got to New York and stepped off the plane and said "nope, this won't work, let's go buy some boots!" haha.

Anyway, they do make ugg boots that are made for outside wear! You should invest in some of those!

m the worlds worst at cold weather! I hate it! I'm from the south so Mississippi doesn't get really cold at all. So when I took my first trip to NY, NY I brought only flip flops ( in jan ) think I'd be fine bc my feet always get incredibly hot even though I wear sweaters so I'm not cold! Anyway, I got to New York and stepped off the plane and said "nope, this won't work, let's go buy some boots!" haha.

:haha: That is too funny!! When I worked in San Francisco we used to chuckle at the tourists in SF hoodies and shorts because they'd come thinking it would be fine since it was CA, but SF almost never gets above 65F and is always foggy.

Aw, boo. So Wednesday is when AF is due, is that right? If that's the case, I've read that sometimes you won't even get a BFP until a week (or TWO!) after AF goes MIA. It might just be too early to know anything yet.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get an answer soon!

No it was due around the 1st... so shes 5 days late.. but being the first cycle off BCP it could be throwing me off.. Not sure when i ovulated..at this point i am at 36 days since last AF.. but no sign of her...

Curiousowl, i already had it scheduled for my yearly, just happens to be timed perfect :)

We just got back from Frederick visiting the dog! She is very sweet and did very well with our bird. We are going to think about it for a day or two, we don't want to rush into anything. I know you can post pictures here, but what about video? I will work on getting the pictures onto my computer and then on here.

Miskas mommy - I know your cycles can be really wonky the first time after getting off the pill. Mine took about 3 months to level back out and be regular, but everyone's different. I hope for your sake she doesn't show up though. :)

I know right.. would be nice.. but i am beginning to think that it might just be regulating.. i will be sure to keep you posted on what the dr says. and if she shows!

Here is one picture, as promised. HOpefully the quality will be decent. I had to resize it. I will work on getting the others off my phone a little later (it's being finicky).

Attachments

• hailey small pic.jpg
    hailey small pic.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 14
No it was due around the 1st... so shes 5 days late.. but being the first cycle off BCP it could be throwing me off.. Not sure when i ovulated..at this point i am at 36 days since last AF.. but no sign of her...

Curiousowl, i already had it scheduled for my yearly, just happens to be timed perfect :)

Well, that worked out well :) That happened to me last year, I got a UTI on our honeymoon but luckily my yearly was the day after we got back! That really sucks about your cycle. I'm sure I'm going to be in your shoes in a month or so with me about to go off the pill. Fingers crossed it straightens out soon!

Here is one picture, as promised. HOpefully the quality will be decent. I had to resize it. I will work on getting the others off my phone a little later (it's being finicky).

Awwwww, she's a cutie! I love that it looks like they're chatting :)

She's super cute!

Super cute! I hope it works out. I love your bird, too. Is he some kind of conure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->