30 yo and TTC #1

I thought it was strange as well that this app would have me being fertile immediately following my cycle. I tried the whole Fertility Friend and was extremely confusing for me. I've never done an OPK before though. How does that work?

Thanks for all your suggestions and advice. It's my first time TTC and this is all very new to me.

Baba - I agree with MrsK that the range of days they gave you seems way too close to AF. An OPK is kinda like a pregnancy test, except it's testing for different hormones. It tests for the lutenizing hormone (LH) which is what triggers ovulation. Once you get a positive on an OPK, you will typically ovulate within 12-36 hours. Another thing you can look for and chart is your CM (cervical mucas). Once you get fertile CM, which is either egg white (the clear stretchy kind) or watery, that means in most women that you're entering your fertile window. Those are the best ways to predict when you're most fertile. Don't worry...you'll learn all of this stuff with time.

lsd - don't worry - I'm doing the same thing! I cant help it. You don't even want to know how many times in the last 2 days I've stood in the mirror analyzing and staring at my tatas! I'm convinced they look different...little purple veins everywhere that aren't normally there...which (in combination with other symptoms) then brings on the "omg, could I be pregnant? No. Wait. Maybe!" Every time I walk by a mirror, up goes my shirt. I've lost my mind. And I'm setting myself up for disappointment again. :(

Reggie - I'd discard it. It's so different than the rest of your temps that it almost has to be inaccurate. I think you made the right call.

Hey ladies! Just a quick update cause I haven't posted in a while. This past Thursday was my birthday so I'm officially 30 now! Feels kinda weird to be in a new age bracket but I'm fully embracing it :)

I think I could be in my tww right now. I'm using two different period tracker apps and they both had different dates for my ovulation. We bd a couple of times so far this month, and they were inside my fertile window for both of the O dates, so maybe it'll happen this month. I haven't really put much pressure on myself to really try this month as it's only my second cycle off bcp and my body still might need some time to adjust.

Assuming I'll have a 28 day cycle my next AF should be here on the 19th. I am going to try hard to not poas until then but you guys know how the temptation gets the best of you sometimes! If I do get my bfp this month it'd be really exciting because my husbands birthday is next month and it would be an awesome early bday gift for him. Just waiting to see how it plays out :)

Welcome to you new ladies who I haven't chatted with yet!:D

I just got back from visiting my sister and niece. I crocheted her a hat to keep me from thinking of my own baby! haha I did test a few days ago. Of course it came up BFN! So I am going to be good and not test until I at least have a missed period!!

Aw, sorry to hear about the BFN :( Crossing my fingers it was just too early!

Baba- have you used OPKs at all? The estimators on those apps assume a 14 day luteal phase which not everyone has so it's possible you ovulated earlier or later than it says. My luteal phase is usually 12 days but has been 11 and 13, so those apps wouldn't predict my cycle accurately. I'm wondering how it calculated yours though because that would be a 17 luteal phase which is pretty long.

Totally agree. If I hadn't been using them this long cycle I might have thought I ovulated when FF gave me crosshairs and then I'd be driving myself crazy thinking because I hadn't gotten AF I must be pregnant.

Thanks guys. I took a nap and jumped DH and I am feeling a little better. I just want to say to each of you how much I appreciate you guys. I was texting my best friend while I was going nuts and she was like you should calm down. Like I didn't effing know that. AF is supposed to be here sometime between Wed. And Fri. I'm hoping for Wed.

So random chart question...I discarded my temp from the first day I temped in NM. It was insanely high it was the first day of waking up out there and temping. If you look at my chart does it look like the right choice to discard or do we think I should have kept it?

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. I'd have discarded that temp too. I adjusted my first 2 temps in CA since they were super high.

Hey ladies! Just a quick update cause I haven't posted in a while. This past Thursday was my birthday so I'm officially 30 now! Feels kinda weird to be in a new age bracket but I'm fully embracing it :)

Happy Birthday!!

Baba - I agree with MrsK that the range of days they gave you seems way too close to AF. An OPK is kinda like a pregnancy test, except it's testing for different hormones. It tests for the lutenizing hormone (LH) which is what triggers ovulation. Once you get a positive on an OPK, you will typically ovulate within 12-36 hours. Another thing you can look for and chart is your CM (cervical mucas). Once you get fertile CM, which is either egg white (the clear stretchy kind) or watery, that means in most women that you're entering your fertile window. Those are the best ways to predict when you're most fertile. Don't worry...you'll learn all of this stuff with time.

lsd - don't worry - I'm doing the same thing! I cant help it. You don't even want to know how many times in the last 2 days I've stood in the mirror analyzing and staring at my tatas! I'm convinced they look different...little purple veins everywhere that aren't normally there...which (in combination with other symptoms) then brings on the "omg, could I be pregnant? No. Wait. Maybe!" Every time I walk by a mirror, up goes my shirt. I've lost my mind. And I'm setting myself up for disappointment again. :(

Reggie - I'd discard it. It's so different than the rest of your temps that it almost has to be inaccurate. I think you made the right call.

Awesome! Thank you so much! If it doesn't work out this month, I'm definitely getting an OPK. Which brand would you recommend? Is Clearblue any good?

Great- now I gotta break the news to my hubbs that we may have to go for round two.... I'm sure he won't be too disappointed. :rolleyes:

Happy birthday, Jess! Welcome to your 30s! They're much nicer than they look from outside :D

Baba - I use the ClearBlue dual hormone digital ones. They're a little on the pricey side ($30 at Walmart), but if you have regular cycles that arent super long, you could make one box last 3 months. If you have crazy cycles or really long ones, the more economical option is to buy the cheapie OPK strips. They work just fine - they're just not digital, so you have to do a little interpretation of lines to figure out if it's positive. I think a brand of those a lot of people get is Wondfo and they order them online.

Jess - Happy late birthday!

ugh, so i woke up this morning with a sore throat and a stuffy nose.. i think i have officially caught this cold that is going around...

AF due around the 14th, trying not to symptom spot, but we all know that's a tough thing to do.. we shall see what the end of the week brings.

Baba - I use the ClearBlue dual hormone digital ones. They're a little on the pricey side ($30 at Walmart), but if you have regular cycles that arent super long, you could make one box last 3 months. If you have crazy cycles or really long ones, the more economical option is to buy the cheapie OPK strips. They work just fine - they're just not digital, so you have to do a little interpretation of lines to figure out if it's positive. I think a brand of those a lot of people get is Wondfo and they order them online.

OK great- I'll definitely look into the ClearBlue. Do you test yourself everyday after your cycle end?

I think I could be in my tww right now. I'm using two different period tracker apps and they both had different dates for my ovulation. We bd a couple of times so far this month, and they were inside my fertile window for both of the O dates, so maybe it'll happen this month. I haven't really put much pressure on myself to really try this month as it's only my second cycle off bcp and my body still might need some time to adjust.

Assuming I'll have a 28 day cycle my next AF should be here on the 19th. I am going to try hard to not poas until then but you guys know how the temptation gets the best of you sometimes! If I do get my bfp this month it'd be really exciting because my husbands birthday is next month and it would be an awesome early bday gift for him. Just waiting to see how it plays out :)

Happy Birthday!

Okay, I just have to share this with you girls...This vein thing! In addition to the veins on my tatas, I'm now noticing crazy veins popping out on my hands. I googled this and apparently this could be a symptom. One post I read said she noticed them 5 days before AF was due (pretty close to where I am) and turned out pregnant. I'm trying really hard not to get excited though. I've had my hopes dashed in the past, and I'm a little gun shy now. It's hard not to symptom spot when your body does new things every freaking cycle! Ugggh!!

Miskas mommy - I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Pretty much everyone I know has a cold right now, including me.

Jess Happy birthday! Welcome to the 30s! ENJOY!!

Dos, that is actually really funny because I have been doing the same thing but because I keep thinking my color around my nipples are getting darker. Plus my boobs are so tender again but in a different way than last month. I have a feeling I will be really disappointed this month if I am not because I have really hyped myself up this time! I guess we'll see! When will you first test?!

Babarooskie, Opk is a great way to check for ovulation and the clearblue ones are the ones I use and really loved them! Very easy to know because they give you smiley faces during your most fertile time instead of the same colour line. Temping also helps find out when you ovulated.

OK great- I'll definitely look into the ClearBlue. Do you test yourself everyday after your cycle end?

It depends on your cycle length when you start testing. Based on my length (25), I'm supposed to start testing 7-8 days after AF arrives (CD1). There's a chart in the instructions that tells you exactly what day to start testing based on your cycle length.

ugh, so i woke up this morning with a sore throat and a stuffy nose.. i think i have officially caught this cold that is going around...

AF due around the 14th, trying not to symptom spot, but we all know that's a tough thing to do.. we shall see what the end of the week brings.

I'm sorry you're not feeling so good! Hope you feel better! Know what you mean about symptom spotting! I'm due on the 12th but going to wait to test on 14th (if I can wait that long!)

lsd, I can't decide when to test. AF is due the 16th, so I originally planned to test no earlier than the 15th. Nooooww I'm starting to get excited (this will be the death of me) and am tempted to test on the 13th or 14th, which would be 11-12dpo. Ahhh I don't know what to do! What about you?

happy birthday Jess!

Good luck to everyone testing in the next week or two! I am off to shower and go to bed! Hope everyone had a good weekend! My weekend ended on a positive note with all bills paid, lots left over to put into savings and a good day of teaching! So I am in a pretty good mood right now and hope that it will stay that way :)

I'm not at testing time yet, but there's NO WAY I could wait til my period was late, unless I had good reason to think it was coming. I plan to waste many tests and suffer through repeated heartbreak, just so I can know the SECOND it happens :p

Maybe I'm not the best example to follow, huh?

lsd, I can't decide when to test. AF is due the 16th, so I originally planned to test no earlier than the 15th. Nooooww I'm starting to get excited (this will be the death of me) and am tempted to test on the 13th or 14th, which would be 11-12dpo. Ahhh I don't know what to do! What about you?

I vote for the 14th so your BFP can be a Valentine's Day present! ;) I mean, if you can wait that's great but I know I'd cave then, lol.

dos, hope that means u get ur bfp this month.. usually veins in the breasts is a good sign!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->