30 yo and TTC #1

So random thing before I pass out for the night. I took my temp just to see if I happened to be running a fever (I'm super achy all over - knees, legs, hands, and fingers especially - sore throat and runny nose...worried about the flu or something else equally crappy)...and got a surprise. 96.71. Ummm...at 9:30 at night? I thought temps were higher later in the day? I even tried a different part of my mouth, and even though it was slightly higher, it was still 97.03. That's even well below my cover line. Anybody have thoughts on this? Normal, not normal?

Hmm.. I wouldn't worry about it, just see what it is in the AM. Could be implantation dip but some women get a dip below cover line without being pregnant so no way to know for sure. Hopefully it's a good sign!

So random thing before I pass out for the night. I took my temp just to see if I happened to be running a fever (I'm super achy all over - knees, legs, hands, and fingers especially - sore throat and runny nose...worried about the flu or something else equally crappy)...and got a surprise. 96.71. Ummm...at 9:30 at night? I thought temps were higher later in the day? I even tried a different part of my mouth, and even though it was slightly higher, it was still 97.03. That's even well below my cover line. Anybody have thoughts on this? Normal, not normal?

I think we're twins today! So I obsess over my temp that went too high and you do the same with a lower temp! I am also SUPER achy all over, esp in my knees and legs, sore throat and runny nose. I am so repulsive that my husband won't let me kiss him on the mouth, only on the forehead. LOL

Your lower temp could be implantation dip but no way to really tell until the morning. :)

Thanks guys for being so nice! I just had a moment! I know I have only been trying for 3 months but I have been on my husband for children for 2 years now and I am finally getting my chance! I just want it to happen! Patience I know but I just broke down. I watched the rest of Season 3 of Sherlock. Good thing I saved the last one for a rainy day! Lifted my spirits!

Sorry. As it turns out, I'm concerned that I don't have a cold, but instead am getting the flu. I was feeling crappy this afternoon and by the time I got home I was achy and cold but my face was hot and my belly was very unsettled. We will see how I feel tomorrow. Time for early bed.

I hate this cold/flu thing that is going around. I should have got my flu shot! I hardly get sick so I just never get that shot (I HATE shots! try to avoid at all cost)

Hope you feel better!

Here's to all of us feeling better!

I hope everyone is feeling better soon! This will be my plug for you all to get a flu shot if you haven't already! It's especially important once you are pregnant as your immune system gets all wacky. I get it every year through my employer as it is mandated if you work in a hospital.

On a side note, I think I know part of the reason I haven't been sleeping well...it's the work thing. Over the weekend, I slept MUCH better and then the last 2 nights I have had a hard time getting comfortable, staying asleep and been doing a lot of tossing and turning. I have had this before when I have been in a bad work situation. Luckily, counting today, only 4 more days at this job and then a week off in between! I am still feeling tremendously better this week than last though.

To those of you having a rough time right now: When you aren't BDing, temping, charting etc. - try to find something else to occupy your mind. I find reading helps me a lot right before bed. I know that it is hard to be patient when it is something you really want. People tell me all the time, "give yourself the same credit and patience you give your patients." but it is hard to do. I am always terribly impatient with myself. I wanted it done yesterday of course! But, it will happen. Whether you think the timing is right or not, it will happen when it is meant to happen. Hugs to all of you!

Haha lsd, I guess we are twins, huh? Aren't we cute. (;

Welp, temp still low this morning. That was a giant drop for me. If it's still low tomorrow, I think I'll know I'm out. :(

Isd I'm so sorry you think af is coming, know your pain as it's horrible to see then you spend the next 24 hours trying to be positive and starting to get a bit excited again just for it to come full force and knock you down again. Really hope it doesn't and this is your month.

Sounds like everyone feeling pretty rubbish with the flu hope your all feeling better soon just remember it's always better to have the cold yourself than dh have it because then the world is ending and you have to add nurse to the list of roles with wife, cleaner, organiser, pa etc lol

Dos your not out until the witch comes don't get too upset with temps because might not mean anything bad, have my fingers crossed for you

Mgreen glad your feeling better this week, btw how long was you trying before your bfp?

We've all had our freak out days, lsd. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Mgreen, I hope things improve at the new job.

Hey guys,
Well update...I woke up at 1 am last night with horrible upper stomach cramps. Assumed that meant AF was on her way or I really was getting the flu. Then woke up this morning and no AF, temp still up and feeling much better than yesterday. Still feel kind of crappy but way better than I did last night. Thinking my lunch yesterday may have been off and made my stomach upset. I would use this as an excuse to get all excited and symptom spot but I really am just not feeling it this month. I don't know how to explain. I have a random symptom and get all excited and then I just am like never mind it's not that. So I officially have no idea what the heck is wrong with me other than perhaps I am nuts. That seems to be my best choice. I did get out of the shower this morning and had a rash all over my stomach and chest. I guess, I should have turned down the hot water instead of using it to feel better!

I'm starting to see the appeal of OPKs, even if they do sound like a major hassle. I really suspect I ovulated earlier this cycle. I'm pretty regular, but my cycles have ranged from 27-30 days in the six months or so that I've been keeping track, so it's not unlikely. I changed one of my tickers so I can keep track of when I think I ovulated, and when averages say I ovulated. If I don't get pregnant this month, I may get some OPKs. I know I don't have the discipline to temp.

(And now, looking at the new ticker, I have to remind myself that, while gas is a symptom of pregnancy, it's also a symptom of sausage and pepperoni pizza :pizza:)

Okay, I'll get excited for you Reggie :) I know you weren't super positive about your timing this month but I don't know. 14DPO and still high temps with no AF. Any plans to test?

So DH was telling me last night that a woman in his office just announced that she's pregnant with twins and another guy just announced that his wife is pregnant. He said he's really excited for them but that he did have a slight twinge. Like aw, I wish it was us. That just made me smile. My DH is not one to ever feel that way so it was kinda cute to hear him admit that.

MrsK, my Dr did tell me that OPKs are her top recommendation for people to increase their chances of conceiving each month so it can't hurt!

Thanks for the tip. I'm trying not to obsess. It's only my first cycle trying, so I'm trying to just see what happens for awhile. I'm going into my busy busy busy season at work, though, so it might be a good idea to be able to pinpoint when we have to just suck it up and find time to BD next month even if we're cranky and exhausted.

Okay, I'll get excited for you Reggie :) I know you weren't super positive about your timing this month but I don't know. 14DPO and still high temps with no AF. Any plans to test?

I just started temping this month so I have no idea what my normal LP is. Based on my past periods, FF thinks I will start AF tomorrow or Thursday. However, it could be up to Sunday at 16 DPO and I just am going to have a long cycle. So I figure whatever comes this month does. I won't let myself get excited until I am at least late. It's hard to do because I want it so bad but I also know that it was a bad month with timing and I really have no feeling of "this could be a symptom" Considering how much I normally symptom spot I figure my body is just like don't even worry about it this month.

Thanks for the tip. I'm trying not to obsess. It's only my first cycle trying, so I'm trying to just see what happens for awhile. I'm going into my busy busy busy season at work, though, so it might be a good idea to be able to pinpoint when we have to just suck it up and find time to BD next month even if we're cranky and exhausted.

I am planning on doing opks next month also. Just to see if they give me the same date as temping. I figure even if I only do it for a few months at least I will have a good idea of what my body is doing when.

Ok, so I've been going mostly by CM to determine ovulation. I got a little spotting a couple days ago, and not much in the way of ewcm the past day, which is what made me think I ovulated early. And I just got a little more spotting, which is definitely way too early for anything like implantation. I psyched myself into thinking I ovulated early last month, too. My body is such an a-hole :p I'm starting to suspect I'd obsess less peeing on sticks every day :p

Mrsk that made me laugh I'm just the same u think it's a good sign im all gassy then I remember I had a massive plate of beans on toast for breakfast lol

Pd sounds promising my fingers crossed for you that af stays away and this is your month!

Hey Laddies... i am expecting my AF today but last night around 1 am i got up sweating so i asked my hubby to turn the AC on and in the morning i asked him and he wasn't that hot.. i checked my tem and it was 36.4 c (97.52F)... still no symptoms at all.. even the normal AF symptoms are not there .. just started work and i cant even concentrate from worry.. any ideas there !!!

Well, AF arrived today! :( Oh well. Moving on to next cycle! Let's hope this one sticks!

MrsK I am right there with you! My body is so cruel! That or we're all just obsessing and reading in to everything a bit much! But we're just so excited! Our bodies should know not to mess with us!

PD your temps do look really good!

Dos, Isn't it a bit early for you to be getting your period or is that normal?! It could be implantation dip?!

ISD sorry for that, i know how you feel .. next cycle are you planning to OPK ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->