31, CD5 Need a buddy

HEY ladies!! Wanted to stop by and say hi.. I'm on a last minute vaca visiting family.. So internet access comes and goes.. LOL

Have fun visiting the fam!

I did my shopping this afternoon and I am pretty sure I made someone's day! I few days ago we went to Walmart to buy diapers as the biggest box of Pampers is $10 off and I had a couple of coupons. After I got home I noticed that our coupons expire on Sept 30th. So when we went back today, to get toilet paper, I brought my coupons. I went to the back where the diapers are and there was a man about my age looking at all of the boxes, I waited until he picked up a box and handed him my $5 off coupon. He looked at it and back at me, I said I didn't need anymore diapers and it expires soon so since he could use it he could have it. Omg. The guy looked like he was going to cry or hug me or maybe both. Turns out he has twins and they needed the help. I found 2 more people to give the coupons to and then ended up putting the last one on the price sign and hope someone else gets it. I'm glad what would have been my garbage ended up helping someone out!!

Native- how did the ultra sound and appt. go?

Hey snowangel!!! Hope you are enjoying your vaca!

alspals- I am waiting for the nurse to call me to make an appt. Hopefully soon!!!!! I hate waiting for appts.

lilfoosh...that was such a nice story!!! You are creating some good Karma!!!

So glad today is Friday!!!!!!!!This was such a long week. Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? I have two friends who gave birth, so I will probably visit. Other than that, it is all about catching upon laundry, cleaning, food shopping....all the stuff I have been too exhausted to do during the week!

I love Saturday mornings and the fact that I can be lazy for a little while. I am about to get myself moving though so I can get food shopping done for the week.

I am so excited for my friends who have wonderful additions in their lives right now! It is a nice glimpse into what I hope my hubby and I will be able to feel one day too.

I am definitely feeling pressured by age though. Every month we do not conceive is another month closer to 34 for baby number 1!!!! I cannot believe how quickly time has flown and and that I am at this point in my life where I am worried about getting any older before having my first!!! I remember when it seemed like I had all the time in the world. Anyone else feeling this way??

And I know the docs say birth control does not affect our abilities to conceive, but I wonder sometimes. I spent most of my 20s on birth control and I wonder if it really does change something in how our reproductive system works when off of bc. It will be interesting to see if any new research comes out within the next decade or so.

Well, I hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Lysh, I'm with you on the BC. I wish I knew back then how easy it is to track your cycles naturally. If we have a girl, I will def try to educate her, rather than push her to bc.

I think they are too quick to put girls on BC too. I got it at 15 to regulate my period... I could never have fully comprehended the impact that taking hormones could do. My body was already going through major hormonal changes, I didn't need to throw everything off by adding more into the mix. I at least took mine properly, with only 2 or 3 times when I took months back to back so I didn't get my period. One of my girlfriends took ALL of her BC back to back so she didn't have her period for years... now THAT I can see messing with your system for sure.

This morning we have a couple of guys in to change our water heater and a little later one of my good friends is coming over. DH just left for work and J is taking a nap.... what am I supposed to do now? :shrug:

Lysh, I stumbled upon this thread. I didn't look through it to see if you had found it, but it is about turning 34 and ttc#1!

:hugs:

Foosh-What a nice thing you did andhow happy you made others!!

Lysh-I agree about the BC. I wish also I would have known how easy natural tracking is and how worth it it truly is. I will def educate my daughter as well.

Happy Saturday to everyone. My DH is packing to leave on his business trip to Germany and I am about to go to the gym to get back on the exercise horse! We have a dinner party tonight with a bunch of friends which will be nice and then tomorrow, I am walking to raise money for Leukemia awareness with all my cheerleaders (and its supposed to rain).

So, i started temping this morning...is it best to wake up and do it at the same time very morning? As in I wake up at 6am during the week so do I have to wake up at 6am on the weekends too???

als- they say you should take it at the same time each morning. I know for me personally, the earlier I take it, the lower it is and vice versa. But, I also have been waking up earlier than normal on my own, so I take my temp when I wake up the first time. It's a little tricky, but basically try to take it at the same time, unless you happen to wake up earlier than that and won't be able to get several hours of sleep before your normal time. Hope that helps!

Things seem to still be going okay for me. The dr basically said that for 4 weeks, all seems normal. They can't see anything on the ultra sound which is what she expects. I go back in two weeks for repeat on the ultra sound and blood tests, which they also took yesterday. Hope to get those results early next week. I took another FRER today and the test line was darker than the control. One of these days I'll figure out how to post a pic, lol. So now I'm just trying to chill out and look forward to Oct 7th when they may be able to see something!

How are you all doing? Wools, how are things going for you?

als- yes, you are supposed to take it the same time everyday. However, I tend to be bad about it on the weekends, unless it is at a crucial point in my cycle. For example, right now I have AF, so I did not really bother waking up early. If it was around ovulation time, I would have set my alarm..taken my temp. and then go back to sleep. If you have the self-discipline to do it though, then that is probably better. I just do not when the weekend is here!

Native- October 7th will be an exciting day then! Keep us updated on the results.

I am going to try a new yoga class this morning. I am trying to find a yoga studio I like that will not cost more than I want to spend. I am trying to find ways to relax. This year at work is going to be long and challenging. That on top of TTC (which I am already having issues with), I decided I need to do more relaxing things.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend.

Woolls...would love to hear updates too!

Thanks native and lysh for the good info!
Native-so exciting!! keep us updated!!

So, my cervix is really high and my period ended last night. Is that weird?

als- not sure...I do not check my cervix, so I have not really paid attention to how it should be at various points of the cycle.

One of my close friends just told me she is pregnant!!! I am excited for her, but more depressed for myself! lol If that makes sense.

I did not enjoy my yoga class this morning.....way too advanced for me! I might go back to my old studio...it was expensive but perfect for beginners.

Lysh, 2 of my very good friends told me they are pregnant as well including my sister in law. I agree, happy for them but even sadder for myself....just want it so badly!!! Good thought and positive feelings for this month though :) This is our month!!

I like your positivity- I just want my luteal problem figured out, then I will feel better about it. I am hoping the nurse calls me Monday so I can get an appt.

I am hoping she calls you monday too. If she doesn't, can you call her???

I can call....I bugged her the last time I was waiting for an appt.! lol They are usually pretty good about it, just depends on his hospital schedule etc. I will probably give her until Tuesday.

Well I hope it's soon for you!

So my DH left late last night for Germany for a week for business. Luckily it's good timing as I am only on CD4, but miss him when he's gone...

If they don't call, I would call. They may be annoyed but, as the saying goes, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil. I found with my ObGyn's secretary she would say no to an appointment slot and then I would push back a little and she would be able to fit me in the time slot I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->