32y.o.ttc#1 with irregular cycles after stopping BCP, let's be friends!

MrsRose, Are you seeing an OBGYN or RE? If the OBGYN is suggesting clomid you may want a referral to an RE for more specialized care. I think for someone like me or Miracleworker who are not ovulating on their own then clomid makes sense, but since you are already ovulating it confuses me as to why that would be a suggestion. Are you definitely getting the ultrasound? That will hopefully give you some answers or rule out some possibilities.

As for advice....well, if I were in your shoes I would probably try again this cycle. I don't know if that is the wise choice but it is what I would do. I feel like time is precious and I want every shot possible to get knocked up. What does your husband think?

This is me thinking and i stand to be corrected ....clomid help to ovulate and get a good quality egg so maybeee your doctor think abt out it in that prospective.
i really don't know am just trying to understand the possibility..what does your DH think?

MrsRose, Are you seeing an OBGYN or RE? If the OBGYN is suggesting clomid you may want a referral to an RE for more specialized care. I think for someone like me or Miracleworker who are not ovulating on their own then clomid makes sense, but since you are already ovulating it confuses me as to why that would be a suggestion. Are you definitely getting the ultrasound? That will hopefully give you some answers or rule out some possibilities.

As for advice....well, if I were in your shoes I would probably try again this cycle. I don't know if that is the wise choice but it is what I would do. I feel like time is precious and I want every shot possible to get knocked up. What does your husband think?

I know, I feel like time is not on my side so I've been very anxious to try right away. DH is onboard with that plan, as we have both done lots of research on it. Though agree that it may not be the wisest thing to do. There's so much conflicting data out there, but the success stories on this forum give me hope!

I've been seeing my OB. If I have another MC, I will definitely go to a RE. The OB suggested possibly trying Clomid primarily to help regulate my cycles since they have ranged anywhere from 25-39 days. She also mentioned stronger ovulation but not sure exactly what that means. I'll definitely ask more questions if we decide to try out drugs like that.

And yes, I will have the ultrasound next time I get AF (though hopefully I won't for 9 months!). I had ultrasounds done several years ago and nothing unusual came up then so I'm hoping that's still the case.

Ok, so here is the outcome of my OBGYN apt today. Previously I had my prolactin levels tested, thyroid and FsH, all came out normal. She thinks it is very odd that I have not ovulated and am not having regular periods or ovulating 9 months after stopping BCP. She thinks I have PCOS and it was masked by being on birth control since a teen. I am going to have a full PCOS panel done this week to give a baseline. She said my case is not a straightforward PCOS case; I'm not overweight, I didn't have bad acne as a teen and I don't have any male pattern hair growth. I am having back, chest and scalp acne which I never had when on BCP which she thinks may be an indicator. Regardless of the PCOS panel if I have not had cycles by my next visit we are going to do a progesterone withdrawal challenge and try a cycle of clomid to see if it stimulates ovulation. I feel really good about this plan. I am going to Panama in two weeks and am actually glad I am not ovulating right now because of the Zica virus. For now I am taking a break from using OPKs and temping. I don't need any more reminders right now that I am not ovulating and it is just exhausting to do with no results. Thanks for the advice and support!

Ok, so here is the outcome of my OBGYN apt today. Previously I had my prolactin levels tested, thyroid and FsH, all came out normal. She thinks it is very odd that I have not ovulated and am not having regular periods or ovulating 9 months after stopping BCP. She thinks I have PCOS and it was masked by being on birth control since a teen. I am going to have a full PCOS panel done this week to give a baseline. She said my case is not a straightforward PCOS case; I'm not overweight, I didn't have bad acne as a teen and I don't have any male pattern hair growth. I am having back, chest and scalp acne which I never had when on BCP which she thinks may be an indicator. Regardless of the PCOS panel if I have not had cycles by my next visit we are going to do a progesterone withdrawal challenge and try a cycle of clomid to see if it stimulates ovulation. I feel really good about this plan. I am going to Panama in two weeks and am actually glad I am not ovulating right now because of the Zica virus. For now I am taking a break from using OPKs and temping. I don't need any more reminders right now that I am not ovulating and it is just exhausting to do with no results. Thanks for the advice and support!

Hey 2ducks, thanks for the update! Do you know when you'll get your PCOS panel results? When is your next appointment? I'm glad you can sit back and relax on your vacation, especially with all this Zika virus craziness!

Going tomorrow morning to my PCP to do my labs, it is a fasting lab so I am going first thing. I wake up so thirsty because I sleep with my mouth open! This is going to be difficult!

Got my labs done, 4 tubes of blood, EW. My OBGYN follow up is the first week of March.

Mrs. Rose, I was researching supplements this morning to help boost male and female fertility. I am putting in a swanson's vitamin order and figured I would add something else to the cocktail for me and my partner. In lab animals CoQ10 helps with sperm quality and reverses signs of aging in sperm health. I am definitely going to order some and add it to my partner's daily cocktail, thought you may be interested.

As for me, I am adding Myo-insitol to my supplement cocktail. There are some promising small study results for women with PCOS and ovulation.

How are you girls doing? Any updates?

Nothing my way.

Leaving next Thursday evening for the airport hotel. Flying out Friday morn. Got an email from my OBGYN's office. Said my PCOS lab work came back normal. Doc said that even if the blood work comes back normal I can still have PCOS and I still need to do more blood work at different points in my cycle. I'm still happy that my blood work came back normal.

When I get back I will be checking for your BFP!

That is a good sign 2ducks...wish you all the best and have fun.
AFM: tested yesterday at 13dpo and it was a hard negative so i think am out this cycle and am just waiting for AF to show up....its really hard to take a negative results

Leaving next Thursday evening for the airport hotel. Flying out Friday morn. Got an email from my OBGYN's office. Said my PCOS lab work came back normal. Doc said that even if the blood work comes back normal I can still have PCOS and I still need to do more blood work at different points in my cycle. I'm still happy that my blood work came back normal.

When I get back I will be checking for your BFP!

Glad you're happy with your test results! Did they say when you need to have more blood work done for the next round of testing for it?

AFM: tested yesterday at 13dpo and it was a hard negative so i think am out this cycle and am just waiting for AF to show up....its really hard to take a negative results

Im so sorry to hear this....I noticed that your status is taking a break ttc. Have you decided to bench yourself for a cycle?

Im so sorry to hear this....I noticed that your status is taking a break ttc. Have you decided to bench yourself for a cycle?
thank you 2ducks! am actually feeling better now,
yeah i have decided to break causse it drives me crazy and i know am not helping myself. so am putting away anything related to ttc and am not preventing not trying.
but i will be here....:flower:

I put away my OPKs and thermometer until after I start my progesterone withdrawal and clomid cycle. No need to do it right now plus it is unneeded stress.

I put away my OPKs and thermometer until after I start my progesterone withdrawal and clomid cycle. No need to do it right now plus it is unneeded stress.

this can be good for your mental health... :winkwink: goodluck hun am with you....
DH didnt believe me so he took away everything from opk to upt,my thermometer....even my vitamins.....:dohh:

this can be good for your mental health... :winkwink: goodluck hun am with you....
DH didnt believe me so he took away everything from opk to upt,my thermometer....even my vitamins.....:dohh:

You should probably continue with the vitamins b/c they recommend that you start them a few months before TTC.

Any updates girls? I am on vacation in Panama and was NOT going to bump, but then I remembered that I like bumping and it helps me zone out so I jumped on!

Nothing new here. ONGYN appointment when I get back next Friday.

Any updates girls? I am on vacation in Panama and was NOT going to bump, but then I remembered that I like bumping and it helps me zone out so I jumped on!

Nothing new here. ONGYN appointment when I get back next Friday.

Hi 2ducks! Hope you're having a wonderful vacay! I've had a pretty crazy week. I had some vvfpl's show up on 2/15 and 2/16 but then they were barely visible by 2/17 and 2/18 so I assumed another CP. I had my HCG tested on 2/15 and 2/18 and both times it was at a 6, which was strange b/c with my last 2 CP's it went below 5. The dr didn't think it was a CP b/c the HCG never went back down this time. Rather, she thinks it's Phantom HCG...some people have elevated HCG when not pregnant. Very strange but I'm really glad that it wasn't another CP!

We're having genetic testing and blood clot testing done on March 1st. DH is also going to get another SA. Hopefully it won't take too long to get all the results back.

Ugh, that is so confusing! I'm glad it wasn't another chemical. Please keep me posted on the genetic testing, I am not familiar with it. No new news here. Just waiting to board my plane back home from Panama. It was a great trip! My OBGYN appointment is next Friday so I am very much looking forward to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->