32y.o.ttc#1 with irregular cycles after stopping BCP, let's be friends!

Anyway, I hope things are going well for you and I hope this one sticks!!!!

Any updates???? things going ok???

No news here, my consult with the new doc is next week. Starting Japanese acupuncture on Wednesday. Started temping again. I will start OPKs again tomorrow as well. We are now starting what we have dubbed sex-fest where we are trying for EOD in hopes that we hit my fertile window, assuming that I ovulate.

I am hoping to ovulate on my own but I have no expectations at this point, just doing the old waiting game. It does feel good to add stuff to my fertility friend chart.

So far, so good! I've had 3 betas done and all are doubling appropriately and my progesterone is nice and high. I'm scheduled to go in for my first appt at 8 weeks but my doctor is going to try to get me in a little earlier since she knows I'm probably anxious. I thought that was really nice of her. I'm hoping they'll let me continue with the betas in the meantime for peace of mind. My betas have never doubled before--only gone down so I'm hoping this is a good sign!

Let me know how you like the Japanese acupuncture. And have fun at your little "festival"! ;)

The Japanese Acupuncture was AMAZING! Much different than my last acupuncture experience. The needles are thinner and inserted more shallow. Since I'm not doing Clomid she gave me some Chinese herbs to take for the next 6 days to see if it helps stimulate ovulation.

Keep me posted on your progress!

The Japanese Acupuncture was AMAZING! Much different than my last acupuncture experience. The needles are thinner and inserted more shallow. Since I'm not doing Clomid she gave me some Chinese herbs to take for the next 6 days to see if it helps stimulate ovulation.

Keep me posted on your progress!

Oh good, glad it was a more enjoyable experience! It will be interesting to see if the herbs help--I have a lot of faith in those herbs. They've been around for MUCH longer than our modern drugs.

AFM, my doctor was able to get me in for my first ultrasound next Friday. I'll be 6w1d (assuming I make it that far) so there's a possibility we could see a heartbeat. I'll try not to be too disappointed if we don't as I know it's a total crapshoot at that point. FX!!!

I'm glad they could get you in for your u/s sooner!

I have my consult with the other OBGYN on Tuesday. This office is much closer to my house but it is with a male provider which I am not to keen on. Anyway, I will be glad to get a second opinion on my situation. I also have acupuncture tomorrow and a fertility massage on Wednesday and Saturday.

I'm glad they could get you in for your u/s sooner!

I have my consult with the other OBGYN on Tuesday. This office is much closer to my house but it is with a male provider which I am not to keen on. Anyway, I will be glad to get a second opinion on my situation. I also have acupuncture tomorrow and a fertility massage on Wednesday and Saturday.

How did your appointment go?

Acupuncture monday was good. My fertility massage was interesting, she put a castor oil compress on my abdomen, did some abdomen massage, acu pressure points and massage. It was awesome, I guess I will see if it helps.....

Yesterday was my appt with my new OBGYN. It went well. He was a good listener. Overall he is not going to do much different than my previous doc but the office is way smaller and I can easily get appointments. If I don't ovulate by next Wednesday I am going to start progesterone on Thursday for a progesterone challenge to get my cycle started and then clomid.

Acupuncture monday was good. My fertility massage was interesting, she put a castor oil compress on my abdomen, did some abdomen massage, acu pressure points and massage. It was awesome, I guess I will see if it helps.....

Yesterday was my appt with my new OBGYN. It went well. He was a good listener. Overall he is not going to do much different than my previous doc but the office is way smaller and I can easily get appointments. If I don't ovulate by next Wednesday I am going to start progesterone on Thursday for a progesterone challenge to get my cycle started and then clomid.

So you think you'll stick with this new OBGYN? It's nice that you can get in whenever. It's crazy how far out these doctors book! Good luck with ovulating--hope all of this stuff works for you!

No ovulation for me so I just went ahead and started the progesterone to induce a new cycle. My OH is submitting his semen analysis on Friday, hopefully that comes back normal, especially since I have been feeding him a cocktail of expensive vitamins for the past 5 months! We are both nervous about the SA now that he's actually doing it...what if we both have problems. I will be anxious to get the results and hopefully it has a quick turn around. I believe it is processed right at the lab in the hospital.

I did switch to the new OBGYN. I do like that it is a small practice and appointments are easier to get. I started researching infertility clinics and REs...I live in Maine and I have few options. The closest clinic is 1.5 hours away from where we live. I really hope we don't have to go down that road....

I am also scheduling a diagnostic u/s, hopefully I can get that done next week. If 50mg of clomid does not make me ovulate then I will ask for an HSG before moving forward to the next higher dose. With clomid you start off at 50mg, if you don't O then you move to 100mg then 150.

No ovulation for me so I just went ahead and started the progesterone to induce a new cycle. My OH is submitting his semen analysis on Friday, hopefully that comes back normal, especially since I have been feeding him a cocktail of expensive vitamins for the past 5 months! We are both nervous about the SA now that he's actually doing it...what if we both have problems. I will be anxious to get the results and hopefully it has a quick turn around. I believe it is processed right at the lab in the hospital.

I did switch to the new OBGYN. I do like that it is a small practice and appointments are easier to get. I started researching infertility clinics and REs...I live in Maine and I have few options. The closest clinic is 1.5 hours away from where we live. I really hope we don't have to go down that road....

I am also scheduling a diagnostic u/s, hopefully I can get that done next week. If 50mg of clomid does not make me ovulate then I will ask for an HSG before moving forward to the next higher dose. With clomid you start off at 50mg, if you don't O then you move to 100mg then 150.

Ugh, I'm sorry you didn't ovulate. That's got to be so frustrating. Hopefully your SO's SA comes back good especially with all the vitamins he's been taking. My DH's SA was low on all counts but I really think the vitamins helped a lot. Good luck and keep me posted on the results!

Will do! I have a diagnostic u/s scheduled for next Wednesday as well.

How are you doing? Any updates?

Will do! I have a diagnostic u/s scheduled for next Wednesday as well.

How are you doing? Any updates?

I'm doing well so far! We saw the heartbeat last Friday and I was measuring spot on to what I thought I'd be. I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and have another ultrasound next Friday. I just can't help worrying though. Wish I could get a u/s every week!

Wonderful! I'm so glad things are going well for you!

My OH did his SA this morning, the results came back a few hours later as great. Great count, motility, ph. I guess his supplement cocktail worked well for him! The only thing was that the the test did not do morphology. He emailed his docs office and asked about that but so far things look great on his end which is a HUGE relief for the both of us. We definitely don't need any more problems than we already have with getting pregnant! My diagnostic u/s is scheduled for next Wednesday afternoon.

Wonderful! I'm so glad things are going well for you!

My OH did his SA this morning, the results came back a few hours later as great. Great count, motility, ph. I guess his supplement cocktail worked well for him! The only thing was that the the test did not do morphology. He emailed his docs office and asked about that but so far things look great on his end which is a HUGE relief for the both of us. We definitely don't need any more problems than we already have with getting pregnant! My diagnostic u/s is scheduled for next Wednesday afternoon.

Yay! That's great news! Cross that one off the list :happydance:

Heading to my u/s soon. I have to have a full bladder and I NEED to PEE SO BAAAAAD!

So 45 minutes before the u/s I couldn't hold it anymore, I had to pee. Then I had to chug another 32 oz of water in 30 minutes! Once I got on the table I had to pee so bad again it hurt. After she did the abdomen exam I went potty and then did the transvaginal. The vaginal scan was nothing, a little discomfort when she pushed up on my cervix but other than that no pressure or discomfort. I should have the results in the next day or two!

So 45 minutes before the u/s I couldn't hold it anymore, I had to pee. Then I had to chug another 32 oz of water in 30 minutes! Once I got on the table I had to pee so bad again it hurt. After she did the abdomen exam I went potty and then did the transvaginal. The vaginal scan was nothing, a little discomfort when she pushed up on my cervix but other than that no pressure or discomfort. I should have the results in the next day or two!

I wonder why they didn't just do the t/v from the get go? But I'm glad you didn't have an accident!

We got the morphology results in this morning.... his morphology is 4%. Its the lowest of "normal" for WHO standards. We are definitely disappointed. His count is 68 million and progressive motility is 78% so hopefully those numbers can help balance everything out. I did a ton of research on supplements, I am going to add some new supplements to his regiment and we are going to talk tonight about some dietary and health changes he can make to help with his sperm health. I think he should cut back on sugars, salt, dairy and alcohol. He is not overweight and is in good general health but should probably exercise a little more than he does. We are going to re test in 3 months to see if the changes help.

What was your husbands morphology like?

We got the morphology results in this morning.... his morphology is 4%. Its the lowest of "normal" for WHO standards. We are definitely disappointed. His count is 68 million and progressive motility is 78% so hopefully those numbers can help balance everything out. I did a ton of research on supplements, I am going to add some new supplements to his regiment and we are going to talk tonight about some dietary and health changes he can make to help with his sperm health. I think he should cut back on sugars, salt, dairy and alcohol. He is not overweight and is in good general health but should probably exercise a little more than he does. We are going to re test in 3 months to see if the changes help.

What was your husbands morphology like?

I don't remember off the top of my head but he had low results in every category. We just got a printout of the results and I had a hard time interpreting them, but each one was flagged as low. Hopefully the new supplements will help, and hopefully he'll be on board with cutting out all that stuff. Do salt, sugar and dairy have an impact on sperm health? I've only heard about caffeine and alcohol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->