32y.o.ttc#1 with irregular cycles after stopping BCP, let's be friends!

Ugh, that is so confusing! I'm glad it wasn't another chemical. Please keep me posted on the genetic testing, I am not familiar with it. No new news here. Just waiting to board my plane back home from Panama. It was a great trip! My OBGYN appointment is next Friday so I am very much looking forward to that.

Had bloodtesting done yesterday and they took 15 vials from me and only 2 from DH, lol! Unfortunately the nurse said it can take a month to get the results back, although the dr told me 7-10 days. Maybe the 7-10 days is just for one of the tests. We shall see! I had an ultrasound done last week and all looks normal--no cysts or fibroids, so that's one thing we can check off the list.

My dr asked me to not ttc until we get the results back, but I don't see why. Even if we get some abnormal results, there's a chance for a viable pregnancy so I don't really understand why she wants us to wait. From what I've read, couples with abnormal results are told to just keep trying...or try via IVF. So I think we're just gonna go for it this month and see what happens.

When are you starting your progesterone withdrawal?

15 vials, wow! That's a lot of blood!

I am so glad that your U/S came out good. My OBGYN is tomorrow so I should be starting everything tomorrow. It will put my potential ovulation date around April 8th give or take a few days, if I ovulate on 50mg of clomid. It sounds like FORVER away. I am starting acupuncture again, will start yoga again AND I am starting fertility massage as well. I will update you on my visit tomorrow.

My OBGYN follow up went great. I discussed all of my concerns with her about Clomid and why I would be doing clomid instead of Fermara. I am starting a course of BCP tonight. The doc said she wanted me to have the estrogen in the birth control. Once I get the withdrawal bleed in 3 weeks I will start counting my cycle days. One days 5-9 I will take Clomid. I already have my prescriptions, generic clomid was only $9 at Wal-Mart. She said my labs looked good and my FSH was good so my ovarian reserve should be normal for my age. She still went through with the PCOS diagnosis due to signs of high testosterone (hair growth and acne) and lack of periods.

I am so fricken excited to get this process started!

My OBGYN follow up went great. I discussed all of my concerns with her about Clomid and why I would be doing clomid instead of Fermara. I am starting a course of BCP tonight. The doc said she wanted me to have the estrogen in the birth control. Once I get the withdrawal bleed in 3 weeks I will start counting my cycle days. One days 5-9 I will take Clomid. I already have my prescriptions, generic clomid was only $9 at Wal-Mart. She said my labs looked good and my FSH was good so my ovarian reserve should be normal for my age. She still went through with the PCOS diagnosis due to signs of high testosterone (hair growth and acne) and lack of periods.

I am so fricken excited to get this process started!

Yay! So glad you have a plan of action! Out of curiosity, why do you prefer clomid over femara? My dr may want me to try clomid at some point but it makes me nervous! Really hoping this Pregnancy Prep does the trick instead.

I asked the doc about clomid and fermara. She said that studies show more success with pregnancy with clomid for my type of anovulation. I am going to try it for a month and see how it is...I tend to metabolize medications well with minimal side effects so I don't anticipate problem with it. This hormonal birth control is killing me though! I was on a low hormone pill for a long time because of my chronic headaches and migraines. She put me on a high estrogen pill and I woke up in the middle of the night with a brain splitting migraine. If I consistently get these headaches I will ask if it is ok to switch to my low dose pill, I still have a pack left over unopened.

If I were you I would also keep trying despite the doctors orders. You are making an informed decision.

I am focusing the next four weeks on eating healthy, exercising 3 times a week, and doing yoga. Although I really can't exercise with a migraine. I am also going to schedule some fertility massages around my suspected ovulation date. I also am going to re-start acupuncture. I am going to give it 2-3 more visits, if I still hate it then I will be done with it.

I asked the doc about clomid and fermara. She said that studies show more success with pregnancy with clomid for my type of anovulation. I am going to try it for a month and see how it is...I tend to metabolize medications well with minimal side effects so I don't anticipate problem with it. This hormonal birth control is killing me though! I was on a low hormone pill for a long time because of my chronic headaches and migraines. She put me on a high estrogen pill and I woke up in the middle of the night with a brain splitting migraine. If I consistently get these headaches I will ask if it is ok to switch to my low dose pill, I still have a pack left over unopened.

If I were you I would also keep trying despite the doctors orders. You are making an informed decision.

I am focusing the next four weeks on eating healthy, exercising 3 times a week, and doing yoga. Although I really can't exercise with a migraine. I am also going to schedule some fertility massages around my suspected ovulation date. I also am going to re-start acupuncture. I am going to give it 2-3 more visits, if I still hate it then I will be done with it.

How are you doing with your migraines? Sounds like you have a good plan of action! I can't remember--has OH had a SA?

I've also been doing acupuncture for the last 5-6 weeks and I really like it. I also go for back pain and it's really relaxing b/c she also does a little bit of massage. Why don't you like it?

What are the fertility massages like? Do they massage your pelvic region?

My headaches have subsided, thank goodness! My partner has not had a SA. Although we are both interested in him getting one. I have him on a boat load of male fertility supplements anyway!

I was doing research a couple days ago on acupuncture because so many women love it and I did not have a good experience. I found it painful and nerve wracking. The acupuncturist would twist the needles after she inserted them and I would have to tell her to stop. I found a new acupuncturist who practices Japanese acupuncture which is more gentle. She also takes my insurance which is great. Its a longer drive for me, about 45 minutes but I live in a semi rural area so I often have to drive to get good services.

I'm not sure what to expect for the fertility massage...the hope is that I see her twice within 7 days before I ovulate. It is a combo of pressure points, massage and some other things like a compress of castor oil on my abdomen.

I'm feeling really good about things and pretty positive. I am gearing up to be in the best shape of my life with this no sugar diet and regular exercise. I guess I just need to be careful not to lose weight, I am at a healthy BMI and I don't want to get any leaner because that can prevent ovulation!

My headaches have subsided, thank goodness! My partner has not had a SA. Although we are both interested in him getting one. I have him on a boat load of male fertility supplements anyway!

I was doing research a couple days ago on acupuncture because so many women love it and I did not have a good experience. I found it painful and nerve wracking. The acupuncturist would twist the needles after she inserted them and I would have to tell her to stop. I found a new acupuncturist who practices Japanese acupuncture which is more gentle. She also takes my insurance which is great. Its a longer drive for me, about 45 minutes but I live in a semi rural area so I often have to drive to get good services.

I'm not sure what to expect for the fertility massage...the hope is that I see her twice within 7 days before I ovulate. It is a combo of pressure points, massage and some other things like a compress of castor oil on my abdomen.

I'm feeling really good about things and pretty positive. I am gearing up to be in the best shape of my life with this no sugar diet and regular exercise. I guess I just need to be careful not to lose weight, I am at a healthy BMI and I don't want to get any leaner because that can prevent ovulation!

You'll have to let me know how the massages go! I find that most of the time acupuncture is painless but there are times if they hit a nerve that it's uncomfortable. Hopefully you like the Japanese version better!

We heard from Recombine, the company that does the genetic testing, and we're scheduled to review our results with them on Monday. Can't wait to learn the results!

oooh, that's exciting. I realized that my PCOS symptoms have really improved...then I remembered I am back on the pill for three weeks! Ugh. Just two more weeks to go then I can get this clomid party started!

oooh, that's exciting. I realized that my PCOS symptoms have really improved...then I remembered I am back on the pill for three weeks! Ugh. Just two more weeks to go then I can get this clomid party started!

So what PCOS symptoms do you normally have? Hopefully the next two weeks go by really quickly for both of us!

Well, our results came back early and everything looks normal! So perhaps it was the low progesterone and/or bad luck. I feel much better knowing that everything is okay, and really glad we didn't not try this month to await the results. Especially since they came in the day after O!!

Wonderful news! Its always good to rule things out. How far into the tww are you?

I just wanna be done with this FUC***G birth control pack already! This is the longest 3 weeks of my life! 10 more FUC***G pills to go......

I just wanna be done with this FUC***G birth control pack already! This is the longest 3 weeks of my life! 10 more FUC***G pills to go......

Oh girl, I bet! You're 2/3 of the way done!

I am VERY unhappy right now. Yesterday I had 5 hormone pills left in my BC pack. I started to have a light bleed and my body felt like I was having a period. I thought that it was great and it meant that I could start counting cycle days and take my clomid sooner. I called my OBGYN office to talk about this plan. My OBGYN said she thinks the bleeding is irregular and wants me to finish this BC pack, have a week of withdrawal bleed and then start another pack with no Clomid. She wants me to do the Clomid next cycle. I am incredibly disappointed and I don't like this plan at all...

I am VERY unhappy right now. Yesterday I had 5 hormone pills left in my BC pack. I started to have a light bleed and my body felt like I was having a period. I thought that it was great and it meant that I could start counting cycle days and take my clomid sooner. I called my OBGYN office to talk about this plan. My OBGYN said she thinks the bleeding is irregular and wants me to finish this BC pack, have a week of withdrawal bleed and then start another pack with no Clomid. She wants me to do the Clomid next cycle. I am incredibly disappointed and I don't like this plan at all...

Just want to make sure I understand, you started bleeding about 5 days early while you were still taking the pill, correct? I'm so sorry this isn't working out as planned. I know that has to be incredibly frustrating. :(

AFM, I got a positive yesterday at 10dpo on an old FRER. The lines are darker today but I'm still getting a negative on a CB Weeks Estimator, which are supposed to be 10mlu. I'm not trusting this until the lines darken up, but I'm trying to be optimistic at the same time. This is the earliest I've gotten a BFP so hoping that's a good sign.

Attachments

• FRER 3.21.jpg
    FRER 3.21.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3
Yayyyy! Fingers crossed that this is it!

I did start having a heavy bleed 6 days before my last pill. Today is my last pill and it is still going strong. I called my OBGYN office Tuesday morning to get some clarifying questions answered. I still have not heard back even though I gave a reminder call yesterday. I am very unhappy with this office. I have a consult scheduled with an OBGYN at a different office in two week to get a second opinion on my situation.

Yayyyy! Fingers crossed that this is it!

I did start having a heavy bleed 6 days before my last pill. Today is my last pill and it is still going strong. I called my OBGYN office Tuesday morning to get some clarifying questions answered. I still have not heard back even though I gave a reminder call yesterday. I am very unhappy with this office. I have a consult scheduled with an OBGYN at a different office in two week to get a second opinion on my situation.

Yeah, I think it's a good idea to get a second opinion. It's definitely not cool of them to not respond in a timely manner. Better to shop around now! Keep me posted on your appointment.

Any updates???? things going ok???

No news here, my consult with the new doc is next week. Starting Japanese acupuncture on Wednesday. Started temping again. I will start OPKs again tomorrow as well. We are now starting what we have dubbed sex-fest where we are trying for EOD in hopes that we hit my fertile window, assuming that I ovulate.

I am hoping to ovulate on my own but I have no expectations at this point, just doing the old waiting game. It does feel good to add stuff to my fertility friend chart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->