33 and looking for early/mid 30s buddy

thanks ladies. took my temp for the first time this morning - dh was in the bathroom, so he didn't know i was doing it, but i think he's taking it in stride (i mentioned last night that i'd bought a thermometer "just to make sure i was ovulating ok and he seemed cool with that...phew :))

anyway...emco528- i cannot imagine how cold it must be in calgary! i live in los angeles and everyone here is whining because it was in the high 40s this morning! (i used to live in vermont, though, so i can remember was real cold is like--definitely makes you want to stay home and BD!!)

Someone needs to slap me....I am so bored at work so I wandered over all the different boards and found myself in the secondary infertility forum:dohh:. I'm freaking myself out. The story is all the same, concieved super easy their first and now are having problems with their second....some have been trying for YEARS. Of course I think "that's me! I had no trouble with my first, and now have been trying for months." I can't bear the thought of trying for years...seriously, why do I do this to myself.:shrug:

I'm being ridiculous, it will happen right??:wacko:

Workingttc, are you using fertilityfriend to learn about temping and charting? It seems pretty confusing but I'm thinking I might start.

yes! it will happen! you've done it once, so you definitely can do it again! (but i can imagine how you could easily drive yourself crazy with worry--hang in there!) i just started doing a chart on paper - looked at fertility friend and was pretty confused (i am technologically inept). might try it again, though, when i have a bit more time, maybe tonight. i'll let you know...

Hey girls!

I'm going skiing (tahoe) in a week. Yipee! WILL THE SPERM reach the EGG if I jiggle around? :haha:

emco and workingttc! Let's get some positive thinking going:
1. You haven't been trying for more than 6 months yet.
2. Stress is making ttc a miserable journey, why do this to ourselves? We are about to be mothers - sooner or later! Emco, you will be mom to a second child! How exciting is THAT?
3. a friend told me that she BD'd liek crazy before ovulation for 4 months. She only got pregnant that 4th month, and she knew when her ovulation was.
4. I say, if we try 4 times, and don't succeed the 5th, then we consult.
Although... you both have to start temping for that!
Paper temping is just as good!
I can answer ALL your questions on temping if you're not goign to use fertilityfriend.
What was your temp workingttc???

Luvs!:hugs:

I was nauseous, lightheaded and very tired two days ago. If it were the tww (two week wait), I would be convincing myself these were symptoms of pregnancy.
Note to self: I can be lightheaded, nauseous and tired any time of the month, these are not symptoms to be taken seriously (for me).

I love the positivity!! And the list! You are so right.

Tahoe-awesome!

I think my temp was 97.5 this morning...seems low, but this is my first day, so nothing to compare it to. Sooo, I will just take it as a good sign :)

Btw, I know EXACTLY what you mean on the symptom thing - it is so easy to convince yourself that tiredness, etc = pregnant. Here's to not doing that for the rest of this month!

Ok for the temp! Remember to take your temp at the same time every morning, no exceptions! What day of the cycle is it for you? Your CD?

How about you EMCO?

I'm on the same day as you, I think - CD 7? Will try for the same time - it's only gonna be tough on the weekends, when it's nice to sleep later...are you temping this cycle as well? what was your temp today?

I'm on the same day as you, I think - CD 7? Will try for the same time - it's only gonna be tough on the weekends, when it's nice to sleep later...are you temping this cycle as well? what was your temp today?

I'm temping, but only the 6 days during my fertile period, just to make sure I'm ovulating on CD15. Will do a few OPKs, but only then. However, this is coming from someone who is regular and has temped for two months already. Over the weekends, I would wake up early, take my temp and go back to sleep. You may regret not doing this later if you can't pinpoint ovulation because of irregular temping. I'm not good at doing anything regularly, but I did it, wanted to know so badly!
I have to admit I didn't take this seriously three months ago, and kicked myself because my temps were all over the place, and I couldn't read my chart well enough to see a change in temperature...

off to yoga!

Ok, so I just added my fertilityriend ticker, you can click on it to see my last two charts.

editing this... I sound like a freaking military trainer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree. I get myself all into a tizzy thinking about all this. This is cycle 6 for me, but in all honesty, I was guesstimating at my ovulation timing until last cycle. I'm on cd10 today. Do I need a fancy thermometer to chart or can I just use one I have at home? I expect to ovulate on CD 19, is it too late for me to start temping?

I'm feeling a lot more positive today, I talked to DH last night and he reminded me how hard things have been the last year and a half (hubby laid off, kid brother moved in because things were bad at home), we're in a place now where the stress has all been relieved and we are ready to focus on us...I do believe it is our time now and good things are coming. Thanks for the reality check

Workingttc -How did the temping go??

meant to also to introduce myself.....I'm Erica :)

I'll defer to anetha on this, but I don't think you need a fancy thermometer - just one that is digital and has a decimal point, no? I got the same temp again today (97.5), and took a digital OPK test that said no LH surge yet. Today is CD 8 for me. The trickiest part is gonna be waking up at the same time this weekend to temp without pissing off DH (as I'll need to set an alarm...ugh...).

EMC - I think you are so right about being in a better place now. Sounds like you guys had a really tough year - glad things are back on track and you can focus on you!

Anetha - that seems like a good approach for temping/OPKs, now that you know you are regular etc. If I don't get my BFP this month or next, I think I'll likely do the same thing. But definitely want to make sure I know this month when I ovulate. I'm a bit concerned that my luteal phase might be short, since my cycles are so short (approx 25 days for the last 2, and 26 or 27 before that). This way I can find out for sure.

Have a good day to you both!

Hi girls!
I'm Nicole!
Erica, I'm glad you are able to look back and say: that was a bad year, now I can move on and be positive. It's so hard to do, we all forget to take some perspective.
Yes, the thermometer has to have a decimal, and it's easier to do this with a digital thermometer.
workingttc : hang in there! It should only be this month!!! My DH was always pissed off in the beginning, and then I found out how to make the noise a little less loud (putting a finger over the "speaker"!), and I hid under the covers... When I start temping again, he's going to be annoyed, but at least he will get up at a decent hour. Ha!
Don't think too much into the length of your luteal phase just yet, you will know soon enough :)
Good day girls!

BY the way Erica, you can start temping now!!! Don't wait though, and use a thermometer that has a decimal. If you know when you ovulate you can even start temping later this week - you just need to be sure that you have 6 temperatures BEFORE ovulation, so that you can find a pattern. If you have more the first time you temp, all the better!
Ok, you're on cycle 6, but let's say that EVERYTHING must be right (ovulation day, BDing) for it to count as a TTC# :thumbup:

Start temping tomorrow morning!

Awesome, I will start temping tomorrow morning. DH will sleep through it....he sleep through everything. I am sort of excited to start charting actually. Feeling good about this month ladies!:happydance:

Also, just got on fertility friend...Here's my chart (hope I did it right!!)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33d601

Also, just got on fertility friend...Here's my chart (hope I did it right!!)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33d601

Excellent!
I rearranged our bedroom to make it sexier :) - now I hope it's not too obvious :winkwink: to hubby.

Awesome, I will start temping tomorrow morning. DH will sleep through it....he sleep through everything. I am sort of excited to start charting actually. Feeling good about this month ladies!:happydance:

LOL!
Keeping up the positive attitude! And control over what we can! Getting to know our bodies, ourselves :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->