• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

33 and looking for early/mid 30s buddy

I guess I spoke too soon....I wasn't expecting ovulation yet, but I noticed EWCM this evening and got my smily on the OPK. I guess we'll all be :sex: around the same time lol.

Joanna-I totally agree the CBdigital was worth the few extra dollars, takes the guess work out totally.

Negative OPK this morning - so I guess that means ovulated yesterday or today? I guess I have to wait for the temps to tell...Nicole - just looked at your chart - your pre-OV temps are so regular - it's going to be so exciting to see the shift! How is DH this month? Are you going to tell him when you OV? Mine has been a TEENY bit more interested in the process, but it's so weird - he'll talk about it for a few minutes and then all of a sudden it's like ok, no more discussing this thank you very much! He is a freak sometimes (but a lovable one :))

So I should keep using the OPKs for the rest of the month? Is that in case something weird happens, like my temps never go up?

Hi Erica, you must have ovulated today! Wait for the temps, you'll probably have a slow rise. As for the OPKs, it's not necessary to do them again, I was just thinking you could do that to be on the safe side.
I am VERY regular, even in my temps, but this is the first time they have been like this: BORING! :haha:
Ok, now for DH: AMAZING SIMILARITY!!! Last time I tried to talk more than 3 minutes (duh) he said: "Nicole, I can really feel the pressure right now, and I don't want you to become one of those obsessed girls. I want a baby too, but you have to watch how far you drag me into these discussions" - me??? obsessed? :blush: - so I have learned to back off real quick, and to tell him how annoying I still find babies when they scream murder. Makes him feel like I haven't completely lost touch with reality. Haha!
Anyway, happy happy you guys are talking !!!!:flower:

I've been charting for a few days and my temps are all over. I take it at 6:20 every morning and I'm up and down. Not sure what is going on. I usually have a 30-32 day cycle so I'm not expecting ovulation for another few days yet. Started using OPK's today though, I bought the clear blue digital ones this month, waiting for my happy face:)

Yup, your temps are way all over, I really think you have to invest in a new thermometer, those temps are too wacky. Especially if you got a positive OPK!
Test until you get a negative though!
Unless........ you're a party girl, or you get up and roam around BEFORE taking your temperature?

You girls will be in the TWW before me! yipee! I can fend on YOUR symptoms!!!

Erica, I agree with Nicole on the temps. I'm not too familiar with C (being a F girl) but I think those seem like pretty dramatic shifts unless you're getting up before you take your temp or doing it at very diff times each day--best to get a new thermometer probably. V. excited that we'll be in the TWW together! With Nicole not far behind! Woohoo! (It's amazing to me that I still get excited about this even though it's my 3rd month...I think the temp'ing has added a whole new dimension for me...)

Nicole - I laid in bed this morning debating for a full 20 minutes about whether to tell DH that I thought I had OV'd yesterday due to my temp rise...Decided he could not handle that much info, esp since last night I told him about how I thought taking decongestants during the time I was supposed to OV last month had messed us up. He took that in stride, so didn't want to inundate him with more info! Anyway, I guess we just have to be patient with these boys. Luckily we have each other!! :hugs:

Hello ladies! :flower:

Mind if I join you? I'm 31 and on cycle number 2, TTC our 1st. :flow:

Good morning Ladies!

Nicole- Thanks for the insight on the temping, I was getting a little frustrated because I couldn't figure out the problem. I agree about the thermometer, I even told my DH that it must be the problem. I set my alarm every morning for 6:20 because that's when I get up for work and I have been diligent about taking my temp before I get up. I just don't understand it. DH and I did share a bottle of wine on the weekend, we usually have our date night at home with wine and take out so we don't have to get a babysitter. Could that be responsible for the first spike? But then what about the second spike? I don't get it. Anyway, I'm just glad I got my pos OPK. I will have to get a new thermometer and try again with the temping.

Joanna- I'm really excited this month too, I'm feeling more confident about things this month. Even though the temping hasn't worked out very well, I feel more in tune with my body.

Glad you guys are talking a little more with your DH's about it. My hubby lets me ramble and usually just tunes me out. He doesn't care about any of this stuff, I just tell him when it's time to baby make and he does his part. He was totally uninterested during my entire pregnancy with my son, until the baby was born, then he realized it was real. lol. I really think that they don't get as consumed by it because until the baby is actually here they don't feel it's real.

Hope you guys have a great day!

Hello ladies! :flower:

Mind if I join you? I'm 31 and on cycle number 2, TTC our 1st. :flow:

Welcome Thistledown!! We'd love to have you join us. :flower:

Erica, so funny about your DH just letting you ramble on/tuning out - this is exactly how I envision my DH being during a pregnancy (fx'd I'll get to see soon!). It's definitely cool to know more about what's going on with your body and feel more in tune with it - I feel like it allows me to at least *think* I have a bit more control over this crazy process! I think it's the thermo that's responsible for your temps - I drank a couple of glasses of wine on Friday night and my temp on Saturday still didn't spike, so I don't think a share bottle of wine would be enough to do it ... but I'll defer to Nicole's opinion on that, since she's more knowledgeable about the whole temping thing...

Welcome thistledown!
Happy you girls are excited, me too! And I will admit that the pressure of keeping you updated has kept me in motivated and happy :hugs:

Joanna: you were absolutely right not to tell your DH you were ovulating. I did that last month and it freaked him out in spite of asking me to tell him when to :sex: - whatever!
Erica, your DH seems to understand that we just need to talk, and then get some action :happydance: - I think you're right about how men don't necessarily feel that it's real until they see the baby. HOw would they, not being pregnant and all :shrug:
Your thermometer is the problem, no doubt about it, your temps can't be that low (especially if drinking alcohol the night before). Your highest isn't even 96 in fahrenheit! Usually temps vary between 96 and 99 in fahrenheit (35.5 to 37 celsius). Unless you're putting your thermometer between your toes, I don't see how this is possible.

Should be ovulating in 2 days, how's the tww for you so far? Haha!

Thanks for the welcome everyone! :)

Just a thought for you all: I read somewhere that the "instant read" thermometers aren't great for charting. The ones that read in say, 10 seconds, can be off a bit because they don't wait to get a really good constant reading before giving a result. It's fine for telling if you have a fever, but not so good when you're looking for tiny temperature variations.

Accuracy is kind of annoying, too. I have a Celsius BBT thermometer, and it reads to 2 decimal places. But in the specs in the instructions, it says it's only actually accurate to +/- 0.1C (about, 0.2F)... which isn't really as accurate as a BBT thermometer should be! $15 well spent... :dohh:

Thistledown- Where in Canada are you from?

hi again everyone..

thanks for welcoming me into this thread. i feel so comforted. thanks. i am actually charting my temp everyday morning and familiarizing my luteal phase. right now, i feel quite nervouse.. been feeling a little discomfort in my left side lower abdomin for almost 2 wks already. i dont know if its a sign that my period is coming or what. i had my last cycle last feb. 5..

hi again everyone..

thanks for welcoming me into this thread. i feel so comforted. thanks. i am actually charting my temp everyday morning and familiarizing my luteal phase. right now, i feel quite nervouse.. been feeling a little discomfort in my left side lower abdomin for almost 2 wks already. i dont know if its a sign that my period is coming or what. i had my last cycle last feb. 5..

HI emotikalay, I don't remember if you gave us any details about your cycle. Could you remind us where you're at? How many DPO? how long are your cycles usually? What DPo do you usually get your period?
If you've been having pains for two weeks, and you never had this before AF, it may be a sign of pregnancy, but that really depends what part of your cycle you are in?

HI emotikalay, I don't remember if you gave us any details about your cycle. Could you remind us where you're at? How many DPO? how long are your cycles usually? What DPo do you usually get your period?
If you've been having pains for two weeks, and you never had this before AF, it may be a sign of pregnancy, but that really depends what part of your cycle you are in?[/QUOTE]

hi anetha. thanks for replying.. my cycle is usually 28-33 days. its usually 15 days after my ovulation. i visited my obgyne week after i felt that little pain. she said that based on my ultrasound, i ovulated during that time. its an off & on pain. my ob said that ill just have to wait for this month if ill have my cycle or not.. i had my cycle last feb. 5. expecting it on march 10-13...

Ok! We'll wait with you! Let us know if you feel pregnant or not :)

Hi Emotikalay - that's good news about your ultrasound. Fx'd that the abdominal pain is a sign you are pg! I'm due for my AF around the same time (hopefully it won't come!!) as you [on the 14th], so we can wait it out together!

Nicole - did you get a positive OPK? your ov date is usually CD 14, right?

Erica - any luck getting a new thermometer?

As for me, I'm somewhat confused. My OPK said I ov'd on either CD 11 or CD 12, but my temps only went up by .3 F (yesterday and today) and today is CD 14 and I still have some CM (btw feel SO gross even using that abbreviation!!)...REALLY hoping that I ov'd, but it seems totally unclear to me. Argh...

Good Morning Ladies!

Hope you are all feeling hopeful today.
Emotikalay and Joanna- I am expecting AF on the 14th as well (around there any way) could be a good sign that we're all waiting for it around the same time... 3's a charm!
Nicole- I'm sending you baby dust for ovulation tomorrow!

I haven't got my new thermometer yet, I think I will order online, the ones in the store are so expensive. I just bought mine last month when my son was sick, so I don't wanna spend a bunch more money on another one from the store. Did you guys get yours online?

Happy Wednesday!

So great that we'll be testing around the same time! I got my thermometer at the drug store...it was a generic and said it was a BBT thermometer. I don't think it was more than $10, might have been like $7, and it works well (I think!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->