• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

35 and over/due in September

Rashaa hope your gran is ok.

I'm feeling bad. I've got stomach cramps now too so I'm stressing that something is wrong :(

Hope you feel better, maybeb. Stomach cramps are probably just a side effect of the antibiotics, no?

And hope your grandmom is okay, rashaa.

Hello all, I'm pretty new here and am 40 and just got my BFP - due Sept. 26. I have my first appt on Feb. 11. This will be our first baby - yikes! Trying not to get just too excited yet - but it's been hard to try to reign it in and not blurt it out to strangers on the street, much less refrain from telling family/friends - we're waiting until after the first trimester. We had been TTC for about a year and honestly I had pretty much written it off as a few months ago. We both had agreed that if it didn't happen naturally, then it wasn't meant to be. I was just trying to come to terms with it not happening and then we got this pleasant surprise! So, hello all - I can't wait to read more from you all.

Hello all, I'm pretty new here and am 40 and just got my BFP - due Sept. 26. I have my first appt on Feb. 11. This will be our first baby - yikes! Trying not to get just too excited yet - but it's been hard to try to reign it in and not blurt it out to strangers on the street, much less refrain from telling family/friends - we're waiting until after the first trimester. We had been TTC for about a year and honestly I had pretty much written it off as a few months ago. We both had agreed that if it didn't happen naturally, then it wasn't meant to be. I was just trying to come to terms with it not happening and then we got this pleasant surprise! So, hello all - I can't wait to read more from you all.

Congrats, it's an amazing feeling isn't it?:kiss:
We were ttc for a bit over a year before my first BFP recently, due Sept 25th I think. In sept had a myomectomy. I am 36. Can't wait for my first dr's appt and for the second trimester. Mostly tired, a little nausea, sore b's, and dizzy.

We were ttc for a bit over a year before my first BFP recently, due Sept 25th I think. In sept had a myomectomy. I am 36. Can't wait for my first dr's appt and for the second trimester. Mostly tired, a little nausea, sore b's, and dizzy.

Very amazing and kind of terrifying! I'm right there with you - tired, spewy and dizzy on and off. This might sound weird, but I'm trying not to read too much, which is pretty much opposite of how I usually research everything extensively. I kind of want to play dumb on this one to an extent. The more I read, the more freaked I became. I read reviews of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and there is no way I'm reading that - it would make me paranoid and stressed. People have babies everyday and are fine so I'm trying my best to assume all is well until I have a clear indication otherwise. I got the Mayo Clinic book and a "Let's Panic About Babies!: How to Endure and Possibly Triumph Over the Adorable Tyrant Who Will Ruin Your Body, Destroy Your Life, Liquefy Your Brain.." Hopefully a good mix of actual info and humor.

Welcome Peacenik! :flower: My best friend had her first child a year ago at the age of 40 and they are just over the moon with their lil girl!

Very amazing and kind of terrifying! I'm right there with you - tired, spewy and dizzy on and off. This might sound weird, but I'm trying not to read too much, which is pretty much opposite of how I usually research everything extensively. I kind of want to play dumb on this one to an extent. The more I read, the more freaked I became. I read reviews of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and there is no way I'm reading that - it would make me paranoid and stressed. People have babies everyday and are fine so I'm trying my best to assume all is well until I have a clear indication otherwise. I got the Mayo Clinic book and a "Let's Panic About Babies!: How to Endure and Possibly Triumph Over the Adorable Tyrant Who Will Ruin Your Body, Destroy Your Life, Liquefy Your Brain.." Hopefully a good mix of actual info and humor.

yes, I am trying not to think about it all TOO much! but, I do.... waiting for my first appointment feb 15th, then I will be more at ease. although i am thinking positive about it all :)

How is everybody? I've been suffering with nausea off and on, but I just discovered relief! Ginger tea! I made it by hand, put a little honey in it, and within 30 minutes is ebbed off!

Gran is ok, she's just not cooperating but they are taking care of her at the nursing home.

Major storm moving our way, stay safe all!!!

How is maybebaby? And everyone else?
Almost at 8 weeks! I got my first prenatal appointment in three weeks! Still can't believe I am here ;) :yay: my tummy is starting to grow...pants fitting snug. Anyone else?

I'm still suffering with my sinusitis :( been off work all week and have rested as much as I can but can't seem to kick it! Damn suppressed immune system! My trousers were tight on me after Christmas so no chance now! I'm getting fatter by the day :dohh:

Hey guys.

Rashaa, glad your gran's well. The OH's grandma is often falling and breaking bones, and it's always kinda scary. Maybe only because of her alzheimer's, though. She heals okay, just we seem to lose a little more of her with these episodes.

MaybeB, sorry about the sinusitis. I'm all sniffly myself today. And you're in good company with the weight gain. The only thing that seems to keep the nausea at bay is eating. So I eat. And eat and eat.

Peacenik, holla, glad to see another 40+ pregnancy noob!

And harvest, good luck next week at your appt. Hope you're doing okay up in that blizzard!

Lucky same here with the relationship between nausea and food :dohh: it's gotten a bit better this week tho. Fingers crossed its on its way out!

Just when it goes away, and I think OK it will give me a break, it comes back more! Off, on, off on.

Don't "feel" pregnant except for gas, baby poo smell, hunger, peeing more...pass out early in night, and the nausea. Ginger tea is helping a it, was surprised. How is everyone? Dh had his wisdom tooth out, omfg how hilarious.....dh doesn't drink (ever) but man has he been stoned on the drugs lol! But what a baby! Omg! I'm pregnant, taking care of a HUGE baby!

Alex and Em are at their dads this weekend, which is god, I have s o mug to do before Monday, if twinkle toes (dh) will let me get it done lol. Don't get me wrong, love him madly, he's just a aby like most men in pain lol.

Men can't handle pain! That's why we are the ones who give birth :haha: can you imagine a man in labour? :rofl:

Maybebaby over population wouldn't be a problem for sure...:haha:

How is everybody? I've been suffering with nausea off and on, but I just discovered relief! Ginger tea! I made it by hand, put a little honey in it, and within 30 minutes is ebbed off!

Gran is ok, she's just not cooperating but they are taking care of her at the nursing home.

Major storm moving our way, stay safe all!!!

How is maybebaby? And everyone else?
Almost at 8 weeks! I got my first prenatal appointment in three weeks! Still can't believe I am here ;) :yay: my tummy is starting to grow...pants fitting snug. Anyone else?

Glad your gran is ok.
Pretty snow and sunshine in nyc today.
I am doing well, feeling off and on nausea, sore breasts and tired. Eating a lot it seems. Have my first dr's appointment on Friday, I will be almost 8 weeks, or around 8 weeks I think. Yes, my tummy is showing. Not sure if it's the food or the baby or both! It's fun to see it though, wearing my yoga pants a lot as they are the most comfortable things. Also have a pair of tights I cut the top off of so they aren't tight!

I had a scan this morning. My bean is sticking, but apparently stopped growing 2 weeks ago, shortly after my first ultrasound.

I am surprisingly fine for my worst case scenario coming to pass. At 42, less and less chance of parenthood working out, but that idea actually feels quite manageable at the moment. What actually pains me is this situation of feeling and being pregnant for some time without knowing your baby has died. :growlmad:

But somehow, perversely enough, it's actually not quite as horrible as the first time around. Maybe because I did know that it was a real possibility.

Anyway, I thank you ladies for keeping me company these last few weeks, and wish you all super happy & healthy pregnancies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->