38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Sugar - you still never know! I was convinced a few times that AF was coming!!

jessie - I can't even imagine moving to the LA area. I know the northeast is expensive and LA is that much worse. Good luck with the hunt.

maui - ohhhh, i honestly thought it was a 'fun' brattiness!! haha and no, it's not limited to men. My sister seems to be going through some sort of midlife crisis at 34. I kinda wonder if it's partially b/c she got married and had kids so young (22-23 or so). I've been thinking about her issues nonstop and it's kinda making me feel a little better about having waited so long. I've had enough 'me' and 'us' time - time to expand our world to a little one. :)

Heading out today for the long trip to Maine. We won't have much of a signal up there so I think the next time I'll be checking in will be after the u/s on Monday!
we'll finally see if we have one or two Wish Nuggets in there!

Wish how exciting !!! I cannot wait for your update . I hear ya about waiting it actually was a conversation I had in work today . Not that it was by a choice but I'm glad my little one didn't come till later as I feel I had lived my life and am now contented ( most of the time !! ) not to go out !!! Lol

How is everyone else ? Jessie any ideas what property you will be looking. For ? What's the norm for LA ? House ? Apartment ?

I'm sooooo tired these last few days , hoping its AF being in town and not my thyroid doing something funky !

Wish I'm glad you're going to Maine cause that man hunt for the escaped convicts has made me worry for you. I hope they get those guys soon.

Left- fingers crossed for thyroid to behave.

Hello everyone.

I'm light headed and queasy. Cramps have gone for now. Trying to think positive and be zen just like Tui was.

Fingers crossed sugar! I can't wait to hear what happens Monday.

Wish, I'm really really hoping for two wish nuggets. :) How exciting would that be?!

We're kicking off SMEP tonight, cd 10. My clear blue adv opk wand broke this morning, boo! Never buying another one of these again, they've been nothing but trouble. I did happen to have another wand hidden in a stash that I had completely forgotten about though, so it should get me through this cycle. I've decided I have got to chill out though. Last cycle I was seriously too worked up and obsessed. I'm going to dial it back a notch, follow SMEP, use my mucinex, preseed, and bromelaine, etc. But for my sanity, I think I'm going to have assume that I'm definitely not getting pregnant this month. And I'm not going to allow myself to test early. I said that last month, but I'm sticking to it this time. No wasting tests unless af is late! Luckily, I'm about to start job hunting (ready for a change), so maybe that will keep me preoccupied so I don't go conception crazy again. :)

Hi Everyone,
I discovered this forum while I was I had my legs in the air after BD and was doing some research online.

We have been TTC for about 9 months. Most of it was just not preventing - but now actually making the effort. My boyfriend is younger 33.

Hello to everyone!

Sugar- lightheadedness was my symptom, the one that was out of the norm! Eeeee!!

Welcome smithco! This is a lovely group of ladies. Are you going the unassisted route for now or are you seeing an obgyn or RE? There are some of both around here, so you'll have loads of advice (if you ask for it) and support (unconditional). One thing to be aware of, there are occasionally days where no one posts anything, and then it gets quite active again. We cover many different timezones and are on wildly different cycles, so our news comes at different times of the month. But we are happy you are here, and can't wait to cheer you on!

hi all,

Not the best news this morning. There was only one and it was measuring about 5 days behind, so the fetus is probably not developing properly. But I guess we're right on the cusp and the RE has seen things work out, but she is concerned. So I'm going to go back again in about a week to 10 days for another one to see if things caught up or what, unless we lose it in the meantime.

I'm pretty bummed but trying to remain logical - at least we would know the reason we lose it, right? Also, we have the one frozen one we can use. She said that it turned out to be a nice blast - graded as well as the ones that were transferred. So, I mean, there's a plan in place for next steps if this little one doesn't decide to kick it's development into overdrive.

Oh, wish. Big big hugs and many thoughts and prayers your way. I will keep believing. Next week could show a totally different picture.

Wish, sorry the LO is not where you want it to be but hopefully the LO is taking time and will catch up quickly. The worry never ends...ugh!

Jessie, man you have your work cut out for you and good luck finding a place quickly. Around us there is always a line of 8-10 renters when a place goes up...crazy!

Left, sorry about AF and it sucks about the weight gain, but glad it means your levels are getting back to normal. Hope you had a great time in London.

Maui, glad you had a great time in Shasta! Family can be such a pain in the a$$ sometimes.

Pothole, glad you got such good follies! I am in your same situation, if AF decides to show her ugly head this month then we will be IUI buddies. Hopefully neither of us will have to go that route.

Sugar, hope your tests go well today!

Dandi, I hope SMEP is going well! It is hard not to get worked up every tww, because I think we all start the wait saying we are just chilling and then dpo 7-10 BAM we all go a little nuttso. LOL! Good luck with job hunting. Do you want to stay in the same field or do something totally different?

Smithco, Welcome! Too funny about when you found the site. I have spent many a day with a tilted pelvis browsing this site, quite the picture!

Hi to anyone else I missed!

Afm, just slowly getting back into work mode (aka catching up on BnB after I made sure the boss emails are answered :haha: ). Vacation was awesome and so relaxing, but we were glad to get home. Some of the places we visited were like a beach computer screen saver! I did not temp or anything until I got back so if I now disregard the low temp after O then I guess I am dpo 13. I am not having any symptoms except I feel a little underlying dizziness (kind of like being on a slowly rocking boat), but that may be because I have not been drinking as much water as usual, so trying to load up today. I even made some yummy water infused with strawberry lemon and ginger so YUMMY and zero calories.

Good luck to everyone!

welcome back, mdc!! glad you had such a great vaca!
13dpo with temps that high? when are you testing or when is AF due?

Wish, I think the temp today was because I woke up when DH was getting up for his flight...4am. Yuck! So I will see what tomorrow brings. I will likely test on Wed if AF does not show, since it will be my usual LP of dpo15.

Oh Wish! I know that's not the news you wanted to hear, but I'm praying that this little nugget will catch up and be fine. I know it's hard to find a balance between preparing for the worst and remaining positive that things could work out, but I hope you can find that place until you know more. Thinking about you. :hugs:

Sugar- do you have an update yet? Has af shown or have you tested yet?

Mdc - I agree with Wish, those temps look pretty high for 13dpo. Fingers crossed that leads to something!

Welcome Smithco! You'll love it here. These ladies are the best support system ever!

Wish- Sorry you did not get the news you were hoping for. I will be praying for your little one!! I am in some pregnancy groups on Facebook and have heard of others that were measuring behind and everything ended up being okay. I pray that is the case with you. Grow baby grow! :dust:

And that is a good sign that your pregnancy test said 3+. Means your hcg is still where it needs to be. Also, the 3+ on the digital test actually means weeks from Ovulation, not how many weeks doctors consider you to be prego (which is based on the first day of your last period). Its kind of confusing. So 3+ equals 5+ weeks pregnant. So you are good there.

Everyone else, I am still stalking this tread weekly and silently cheering you on. Baby dust to you all!!

I am doing well. Half way already! Eek! I feel like I am running out of time to prepare for her arrival!

thanks, girls. I really appreciate it, more than you know. DH was all but silent and when I said 'well that sucks', he just said 'nothing has happened yet'. So I guess he's being positive as well, in his own quiet way. I know he's somewhat been prepping himself for this too - every time I ask how he's feeling about it, he'll say 'miles to go'. He's so uber-realistic. Keeps me balanced, I suppose.

Dandi - how's the SMEP going? Propping your hips up like Smith?? heehee I about got some rug burn on the back of my neck doing that b/c I'd slink off the side of the bed and have my whole back against the mattress, so I was virtually upside down for 15 mins!

mdc - my whole body is crossed for you!! except the boobs, those are still painin', they stay where they are ;)

smith - welcome to this thread too! glad to have you on board and look forward to seeing your journey towards your BFP!

sugar - updates! isn't tomorrow test day??

pothole - how are you feeling?

Hi girls sorry was Mia , away for the weekend no wifi !! Wish I'm so sorry you have to go through all this uncertantity and worry . There is still tons and tons of reasons to be hopeful and to BELEIVE in a positive outcome . That little beanie of yours might just be tini weenie . 5 days at this stage is not alot . They are measuring a tiny dot !!! I hope with all my heart your next scan is more positive for you and hubby xxxxxxx

Sugar best of luck for tommrow . Here is hoping for a BFP !

Dani time to catch that eggie again ???? Wow that came around fast !!! Good luck ;) this month is for the taking !

Smith welcome :) we are here for all the ups and downs of this journey .. And boy there are lots !!!

Mdc :) pothole :)
AF has all but left the building here.... Appointment with endo next Monday ;)

Hi gals!

Welcome Smithco!

Wish- gah, sorry to hear about the news but DH is right. Nothing has happened yet. Hang on tight little bean! Fingers crossed that your next appointment brings amazing news. Hang in there Wish. :hugs:

Sugar- how's it going?

MDC- welcome back! Glad you two had a nice getaway. That water sounds delicious! How did you make it?

Hello to everyone else!

Nothing to report here...AF due by the end of the week. No symptoms out of the norm. One of my Maui girls is coming to town and staying the week so I'll have no time for AF vs BFP mind games.

Have a great week!

Maui, super easy. I just got a big Voss water bottle (has a bigger opening at the top) sliced 4-5 strawberries, half a lemon, and a chunk of ginger AND presto 6 hours later yumminess. Good luck with testing this week!

SMEP is going ok. I'm trying to be a little more sneaky about it this month so DH doesn't feel too much pressure. So it's all just coincidental sexy time every other day for now. Once I get my peak and we have to do the 3 in a row, I'll tell him it's baby sex time. I normally do 20-30 minutes of the pelvic elevation, but since I'm being sneaky I've just been laying down instead, acting like its no big thing, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->