38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

yeah, i'm making a run to the Vitamin Shoppe in a few mins. Grr....

Hello everyone,

Glad to hear that gals in the US had a good and relaxing holiday weekend. I had one myself, didn't do much of anything, which is in itself a switch up for me.

Not much to report here, CD 26. No symptoms different from any other cycle, but, no impending AF symptoms, either. I won't test unless AF is late, and she hasn't failed me yet! Should show up Friday/Saturday, since I O'ed two days early and I think my LP is pretty close to 14 days as a general rule.

If that chart is correct, I'm taking a D+ prenatal as well and will be making a stop sometime soon.

I was out of town at a conference Monday/yesterday, and came home to an ill 16-year-old furbaby. He's refusing to eat and drink and his breathing is labored. Called the vet this morning, and he's out of town until next Monday. It's going to be one of those weekends coming up, I think. My cat has been a faithful friend for so many years, and it just sort of feels like we are coming down to it for him. He's had some health issues over the years, mainly diabetes, which has been reasonably well-controlled with insulin.

At this point, I may be relieved to see the witch show up...cause then, bring on the wine...

oh krasa, I'm sooooooo sorry for you and your fur baby. My heart is breaking for you. :cry:
I have a 12 and 13-yr old myself and it absolutely kills me to think we have limited time left with them (though they are both in stellar health, knock on wood). I'm taking my older one to get her teeth cleaned soon and they have to put her under and i'm SO nervous, but I also don't want her teeth to get so bad they give her sepsis.

I got my new pills - I got the 2nd one on the list. The guy at the shop said that they were the most popular, everyone comes in for those (the Garden of Life ones) - said they are vegan and they sell one that has something to soften it for the stomach. So bye-bye to my fruit chews, hello 3 pills/day.

Sorry to hear about your furbaby Krasa. =(

I just ordered the Megafood vitamins from amazon. 4x a day! I'm going to run out of room in my vitamin organizer.

Pothole and sugar, you both are amazing. I know some great people with special need kids and respite is a God send for them. Most people don't understand even having one hour to themselves is such a luxury for there mind, body, and soul.

Wish, love the quote and yes technically a doctor, but I only make people that annoy me call me that, so mdc is still good here. :haha: As for the study it 'may' hold some truth. Technically since 2007 (smaller companies had until 2010 to comply) all dietary supplements are regulated by the FDA under the federal regulation Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP). Unlike prescription medications (including rx prenatals), over the counter (OTC) prenatals do not have to go through the the full process of a New Drug Application (NDA). However the safety and efficacy of prenatals is well established so I would not worry about them not going through an NDA. IMO that is really more problematic for things like herbals because there is usually way less validated studies to prove their efficacy. That being said obviously there is room for regulatory improvement. It does appear this site is legit in their testing and do not appear to be getting money from manufacturers so no conflict of interest. For Vitafusion even though it is a C, there is nothing really bad. Just a lot more folic acid (not bad for those TTC). For some seizure patients they actually use up to 4mg (not the mcg for most) because meds can decrease the levels leading to birth defects. For the rest of us water soluble vitamins we generally just pee out if the body does not need them. The ones you need to be cautious of are the fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K) because they can be toxic if ingested at high levels. For the others I would look at them individually. Kind of hard to see how they come up with the safety and projected efficacy outcomes, so hard to tell how bad is bad. I think it is based off mostly of the color dyes (newer evidence is leaning toward 'some' people may be sensitive still many more studies are needed). Not sure if any of these are really that bad even the D ones, so I would not stress too much. However, I can understand if people switch...sounds like some of you did :winkwink:

Krasa, hope the witch stays away and I am so sorry about your kitty. My oldest kitty did that just before I went on a long girls week trip and I was so stressed, but she bounced back. So hard when you fur babies have been around so long.

Afm, 3 minutes sitting in the airport stall and no LH surge. My temp back up (still normal pre-O) so I though I would get something this morning but not yet. Will test is a couple hours to see if I get a peak. Yikes! Getting so close. Tick tock...this part is more nerve wrecking than the normal TWW!

That is my 'book' posting for today!

Krasa, I am so so sorry your furry baby is not feeling well. My kitty is 15 and has been diabetic for 2 years. He is, thankfully, doing really well, but I really hate leaving him. Sometimes I wonder if he's holding on till I have a human baby to love.

thank you, mdc! That's what I was hoping you'd say. :)
so it sounds like I didn't need to spend that money yesterday but it's clearly ok if I did. is there any harm in going back and forth? meaning, I took a new one today and have to take those 3x/day. When I'm out of those, i still have my unfinished bottle of Vitafusion - is it ok to go back to those to finish them out?
ugh - airport testing, the things we do! I hope you get your surge as you expected to get it tomorrow or Sat. Then hopefully you'll be home with DH and not on travel?

Wish, I would not worry about switching back to the Vitafusion to finish them out.

Hope everyone else is doing great.

So....opk positive this morning so I just got done with my first IUI after looking back at it a comical morning (trust me it wasn't that way if you asked me earlier). So I called my doctors office first thing and she said she wanted me to come into today. Great I thought and then drama happened. For some reason the usual protocol they do sending us to their usual spot for the specimen and washing decided they are no longer doing that and they have to do a full intake get all our labs and set an appointment before even doing just a washing. So yes....kind of freaked me out. Luckily they also work with another fertility center and they were able to get DH in for a sample, we went to get lunch, retrieved the sample, drove 20 min to my other docs office, and got the IUI. Whew! Funny aside you store the washed sample in your bra...I joked with them I needed bigger boobs to keep the swimmers warm. LOL! The worst part is my doc used a tenaculum on my cervix, if you don't know what it is don't google it (I warned if you just did...it is not pretty). Not horrible, but not very fun either. So one IUI down and one more tomorrow to help improve our chances to catching the fertile little eggie since it is good from release to fertilization for 24 hours. I have the phrase from Finding Nemo in my head for DH's swimmers 'just keep swimming...just keep swimming'. Just as long as they don't swim too far.

Best of luck to everyone!

Very exciting day Mdc!!! In your bra, really? Lol, who would've thought? I hope all goes just as well in the morning. And then the wait begins... Crossing everything for you!

I'm Very excited for you MDC! Funny the things we must do when ttc. Glad it went relatively well. Thankfully your dr. had a back up plan.

Goodluck Mdc. May this be your cycle! Cant wait for good news.

Praying for your fur baby Krasa.

Afm, cd 2 here. AF decided to come. Here to another cycle.

HAHA, mdc - what a day! seriously, this whole thing is a comedy of errors sometimes, when you think about it. I'm sorry I forgot this was your super-structured IUI. I will be really frustrated for you if it doesn't work out. But it DOES work and I've heard of it happening on this site, and you've got the best plan in place, so here goes!! WOO!
and yeah, those sperm would have died if that was me carrying them...

star - I'm sorry AF got you again. Stupid :witch:

sugar - those temps are looking good!

krasa - how's kitty doing?

left - are you ok? how are things going?

I hope everyone else is doing well in your corner of the world. Happy Friday! :hugs:

coming out of my stalking mode to wish MDC the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope this is it!! (hehe love the finding nemo quote. we had that movie on repeat in our practice). It's so important to find humor in everything that happens in life.

Just popping in to send lots of luck to Mdc!!! I will be stalking your TWW!!!

Well ladies :) so so sorry I've been MIA , roadworks in our area had the Internet connection down !!! Just look what I got Sunday morning ............

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 10
You could have knocked me down with a feather !!!!! I was sooo shocked !!! We only got the go ahead on the 22nd June , that days got a Opk + . We DTD ONCE ...... That was it ..... I'm super scared and super excited at the same time . Going to try really hard to remain positive :)

Oh my gosh! Let me pick my jaw up from the floor! Congratulations! Talk about quick, lol. I guess that green light came at the just the perfect time!

Definetly Devine intervention !!!! We have everything against us . Age, thyroid problems , oh on anti Ds and a smoker !!!! Thank GOD :)

Omg Left. That is so amazing!!!!!! I would do kart wheels for you, but my butt is propped up in the exam table. I just had to say holy crap you did it!

Hopefully this starts a whole slew of BFPs!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->