38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Hi everyone just a quick hello . Ill be MIA for a few days . Off to London in the am till Monday for my mum and dads 50th wedding anniversary . Me and my 4 sisters . We are going to see a show too . Won't be on so sending you all love till I gt back !!! I'm sure ill have lots to catch up on ;)

Welcome krasa. I have just joined myself and am in the same beginning process like you. Have just started seeing a doc. It's a lot to learn about and he helped with things like doing it early in my cycle and often. Good luck tomorrow and don't be nervous.

Happy Friday everyone!

Wish, I hope you stay bloated and pudgey :winkwink:

Krasa, good luck today! They might ask for CD21 progesterone levels next week

Left, have fun in London!

Hi, Smith and everyone else! Hopefully everyone has some fun weekend plans.

how'd the doc visit go today, krasa?

left - have a BALL! so fun, I wish London was just a hop, skip and a jump away. I've never been but it's on our list!

sugar - right?? my legs still hurt from the other day!

mdc - :haha: thanks! I asked DH if he thought my boobs looked any bigger last night and he said no. I didn't think so either. 8 weeks and no new boobs to speak of! :) So I dunno - answers on Monday. I did almost just fall asleep driving on the way home at about noon - that's not like me to be so tired. So I just took a 1/2 hr nap. Ahhhh - don't tell my work!! ;)

have great weekends, everyone! <3

I'm trying not to jump to conclusions ladies, but I'm having some symptoms that are making me hopeful despite my efforts to not be hopeful this month. Ugh! I had the same temp for five days in a row (thermometer isn't broken), which is very unusual for me. This morning I had a dip to right above coverline, but I woke up an hour early and was sweating profusely despite the lower temp. Anyway, all of that was strange, but the real symptom kicker is spotting today at 11dpo. My cycle could just be off and I may just be starting early, but this is the same thing I experienced at 10dpo when I was pregnant in January. So now I'm hopeful, dang it! Lol I tested yesterday and got a negative and wasn't going to test again until Thursday, but with the spotting it's going to be hard not to test again tomorrow. So basically I'm in the same situation as last month, I'm either pregnant or my cycle has switched up to something new again to completely throw me off. I'm going to be so annoyed if af shows up early.

Wish: Appt with my doc was as anticlimactic as I thought it would be-I'm still just seeing my GP, and she felt that despite me reporting and recording signs that pointed to O every cycle that she would like to see a positive OPK and then decide what to do. She did write orders for hubs to have an SA done, since he recently stopped taking antidepressants, and I guess those can really mess with a guy's counts.

Fortunately though, I was right at the point where an OPK would likely come back positive, so hubby and I picked some up on the way home. Ta-da: smiley face on the stick on the very first OPK I've ever done. So, I'll report that and see where she wants to go. Day 21 would be next Friday, so plenty of time to still get that level on this cycle. She did want my thyroid checked, so she drew blood for that.

I am completely with you on the cycle going loopy, Dandi. For whatever reason, i O'ed two days earlier than I had the previous three or four cycles. Usually on CD 16 (today) and instead I'm pretty sure it was Friday (CD 14). Had tentatively planned on BD on CD 13, 14, and 15 for sure. Ended up only BD on CD 12 and 14, so I know that there is a chance, but geez. Just when I thought I was figuring things out...but, the OPK helped me confirm a couple of things, I usually get tender on one side or the other, and based on the pos OPK Friday night and the negative one Saturday night, I think I can safely assume that the tenderness is related to ov. It had always been on the days that CM indicated O was probably happening, so good to know I wasn't imagining it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend-back to the ol' grindstone tomorrow.

krasa - slowly but surely, a plan will come into place. I'm glad the OPK was saying you O'ed! Sounds like you had great timing.

dandi - seriously, our bodies are big jokesters sometimes!! I really hope that you're feeling legit things!!!!

how was everyone's weekend? mine was actually pretty good, somewhat laid back. We hosted my BIL and SIL yesterday as an alternate Father's Day, to hang out with my FIL. I didn't really feel like hosting, it was chilly and rainy all day so I just wanted to hang in my sweats, but it was good they came down. I also 'hosted' or put together a mini shower for a friend of mine yesterday morning, so by the time the evening rolled around, i was about done with people! :)

just an update on me - u/s showed no HB today, so we're going in for the D&C tomorrow morning. It'll be nice to just have closure. They said they did see a 2nd gestational sac in there today that tried to implant but didn't. So the procedure will just take care of all of that.
So now we have to wait for my HCG to go back down to zero, have a normal cycle, and then on the next cycle we can start again. I think that means around the beginning of Sept. I think we're going to do another fresh cycle so we have (hopefully) the ability to xfer 2 embies again. Another chance at twins!! Please mother nature, help me out!! until then, I am going to enjoy our 4th of July pool party we're going to this weekend, open the bottle of wine that I've had waiting for me, and maybe even sign up for kickboxing for 2 months. I don't know, though. I'll wait to decide on that - too much going on in my head right now. :)

I'm sorry Wish. I'm glad you were given the chance to wait it out though to be absolutely sure that the little lentil wasn't going to pull through and get any stronger. I hope you have found some kind of peace in that even though it's still a completely disappointing, unfair situation. I hope the D&C goes smoothly tomorrow and you have an easy recovery. I'll be sending thoughts your way!

Krasa, that's great that you got a positive opk on your very first shot! There's something so reassuring about seeing that smiley face.

Seriously, our bodies really are jokesters. After last month, I wouldn't think anything about these symptoms this month if not for the spotting, which I've only had when I got my bfp. BFN for me this morning though. No more spotting today yet. I still have a little hope, but I'm telling myself that it's not likely. Af due sometime between Wednesday and Friday, so I'll probably test Wednesday again if she hasn't shown up that morning.

thanks, dandi :hugs:

if yesterday was IB, then allow 3 days for it to show on any test. So hopefully Wed is the day!!!! my fingers and toes are all crossed for you!

Dandi, not that I am fostering more TTC craziness, but that does sound much like a implantation dip, implantation bleed, and some good symptoms. Hang in there and I am eagerly awaiting your test on Wed!

Krasa, sometimes I wish docs would listen to us better, but congrats on your positive opk! I love my doc but each time we want to go further I feel like I have to go in and talk with her about. Ugh...let's get this show on the road. Ha! Your bding still sounds pretty good despite the early O.

Wish, sorry about the news, but it sounds like you are doing well and ready for the next cycle. Glad you are doing another fresh cycle and going for two embies! Enjoy this next month and exercise to your hearts content, have fun, oh yeah...bring on the wine! I will be thinking of you and sending positives juju that tomorrow goes well. Our weekend was good, but the highlight was we went to a baseball game and hubby got a foul ball!

Hi to everyone else!

Nothing to report on boring CD 6 I have my appt on Thursday and hopefully regular IUI next week. Luckily I will not be traveling around O, but kind of frustrated that we are not doing a medicated since I would have been around for all the monitoring. Worried next month it is going to be crazy with travel. I am getting two more clients (one in OH and the other in NJ). Guess I will just stay positive and wait and see. Going to go back and start my meditation sessions and just chill with me and my hippy positive fertility thoughts :rofl:

:hugs: mdc, thank you my friend. Everything went well. Now to veg out and watch some movies or something.

I hope you're all having a great day and have some fun plans coming up for the 4th (those in the States).

So glad everything went ok! Rest up and veg out as long as you can. Give your body and mind all that they need to recoup!

Wish so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for strength for you and a quick recovery. Sounds like you have a good plan in place for round two. Stay positive, I know you will get your baby soon. My cousin had a failed IVF as well but now has two beautiful little girls. Keep your chin up and rest up! Have some wine for me on the 4th! ;)

Wish: I am so sorry to read your news. Glad everything went okay this morning, as one of the other gals said, rest your body and mind...I might add your heart as well. Mine goes out to you. I have never gone through something like that, and I admire your strength for handling things the way you are.

mdc: Sometimes boring is good...that's one point in my cycle when I'm not thinking about every little symptom. I know I shouldn't do that but dang, easier said than done.

dandi: That does sound good! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Looking forward to updates as they arrive!

I'm pretty boring at this point as well. 4 DPO, no different symptoms than any other cycle. Hubs has his SA scheduled for next Thursday, so we will see how things turn out there. Hoping for good results, but realistically we may be a little low there. Up until last month he was on two different antidepressants for PTSD...we tapered them off and he is doing really well (so proud of him!!) but the effects on the swimmers, as I understand it, can be really bad, and it takes a few months for them to regenerate. So although we are hoping for the best there, we are also preparing for news that isn't so great. The good thing is that if that is influencing our negative results, the effect is reversible.

Hope everyone is having a good week-my employer gives us Friday off as a holiday, so I'm halfway done!

Krasa, I'm so glad you mentioned that. DH is also on several different anti depressants for PTSD and I've been trying to get him to go in for a SA. This little tidbit of info may be what I need to get him to make an appt.

No good news from me today. Spotting continued yesterday and temp drop to coverline this morning. Some spotting this morning, but nothing for the rest of the day. Just waiting for af to come on with it at this point. Just a super screwy cycle I guess. I will be so glad when (if!) my cycle gets back to pre mc characteristics. These cramps are for the birds!

hi girls!

Hi sugar! how are you holding up?

krasa - that is really good to know. I'm kinda surprised, knowing that, they would do a test so soon after he stopped the meds. Unless they want a baseline of sorts and do another in a month or two to see the results improve.

dandi - still HOH for you! :flower:

kiley - I got your wine covered. And maybe some spiked watermelon. :)

thank you for all of your thoughts yesterday. I think having 3 weeks to prepare for that was helpful. I mean, since the first u/s, they didn't think that things were going well. I am very comfortable with the monitoring they put you through with IVF. I've read some terrible things about being 11 weeks along and the baby actually stopped at 7 weeks or something. I'd hate not knowing.

anyway - I think it'll be around the beginning of Sept before we start our next cycle, so I'll be stalking you all. I'm too chatty to keep quiet, so I'll definitely be posting. :) I need to see some BFPs and babies growing! <3 you girls!

Hello everybody,

Oh wish, am sorry about Lentil. He/she was in my prayers. I hope you are doing ok through all this.

Hope everybody is doing well. Just stopped by for a bit. Its been a busy week at work. I ll do personals later....

Oh, welcome Krasavitsa.

Nothing going on with me; 5/6 dpo. Same old same old, nothing out of the ordinary to report.

Baby dust to all of us:)

thank you, star :hugs: little Lentil has gone to bean heaven. <3 I thanked it for allowing me to be pregnant, even for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->