38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Thank you Wish! You are next I just know it!!!

Left, don't feel bad they are happy tears because I was so touch. Xoxo

Praying and sending positive vibes to you Mdc. I will be stalking for the wonderful news today. It is today right?

Hey ladies!!

Got back from Vegas a few days ago. Came back with a cold. Today I am feeling much better but I'm gutted as I have to miss my friend's baby shower. She has heart issues and has been on watch with this pregnancy. They had no idea if she would deliver to term as she had all sorts of complications. Well she is due in a few weeks so we are out of the danger woods but because of her heart she can't be around sick people and to top it off with the complicated pregnancy it just isn't wise for me to be near her. I just know my cold will give her pneumonia.

Vegas was amazing and my brother's wedding was beautiful. I am so happy I went.

Nothing new TTC I think. I can't recall if I told you or not but I don't have to go on BC or Provera. I have/had hyperplasia with atypia. Basically bad cell clusters grow and have a chance to cause uterine cancer. Because of my PCOS I don't get regular periods and the lining keeps growing but never shedding. I was told that if I am not on Letrozole I would have to be put on progesterone full time but now I don't have to. I just have to go for regular biopsies to make sure it doesn't come back. And I can always take provera for a week to induce a cycle.

Tomorrow I start a new program for my 100 lb weight loss journey. I will be eating 21 Day Fix style as this has given me the best results (portion control and it makes sure I get my veggies in and it's somewhat low carb). Not sure what workouts I want to do yet. Might mix it up a bit. Just taking it one day at a time.

I am wishing everyone lots of baby dust and I can't wait to see some positive tests!!

Hi,

I'm 39 and trying to conceive. I miscarried last March when I was 38. I was lucky I got pregnant then after only two months but it took so long for cycle to come back. I tried clomid this month but I don't think it's worked. I'm an emotional wreck today and so scared I won't be able to have a baby. I'm really starting to get depressed.

Welcome to the group. I'm so sorry to hear about the miscarriage and struggle to conceive.
You are in the right place here... We totally understand what you've been through and I hope we can give you some support on your journey.

Hi Imogen and welcome :) I'm so sorry about the loss of your LO . It hurts so much . Everyone on this thread totally gets how you feel . We ladies are all in this together all at different points of the journey to motherhood. Hopefully you will join in and find the support helpful on your journey :)

Ayala, welcome back! Sounds like Vegas and the wedding was great. Too funny I am in Vegas this weekend. We just missed each other.

Imogen, I am so sorry for your loss. My mmc was the hardest thing I had to go through. This is a great safe place to vent, laugh, and cry. I would not have gotten through all of my dark moments without these ladies.

MDC: oh bummer I would have loved to meet up!

Ellie: well hubby dropped a bomb on me. He wants us to move to Scotland. We had discussed it off and on for years but plans always fell through or more aggressive needs for a baby had to be taken. Now he wants to spend the money to move instead of trying and failing and wasting $10,000. I'm on the fence. I would love to move to scotland. he can get an ancestry visa. But a lady in another thread just posted pics of her ultrasound and the gender and I really want that for myself. On the other hand, babies are tons of money (outside of fertility) and I see how much my friends can't do anything because of kids. They are always late but leave early. Some haven't seen a movie that isn't Disney in years. I no longer know if that is the life I want. I love my stitching time. I love the fact I can spend 8 or more hours doing it on the weekend. I love that I can pick up and fly to Vegas on a whim. aaaaaannnnd then I flip back. I want to be a mom. I want to bring life and create a beautiful new little human with my hubby. He is the last and I would love for him to have someone to carry on his name. and I have wanted to be a mom since I was 5.

and on and on it goes.

Ayala, that is such a hard decision and unfortunately I have no amazing words of wisdom. I would just say be true to your feelings as complicated as they are.

I think in all the excitement I forgot to post here. With all the craziness of the cycle we got our bfp!!!! First beta was strong and I have my second one today. Hoping for additional good news. Thank you everyone for your good vibes I truly think it helped so please keep it coming!

aayla - I hear ya, I flopped on it for so long! Especially since we are about the last of our friends to have kids. We get to do so much more than they do, socially. I will have traveled to 9 states in just this year alone! I love traveling and I love 'me' time and I love being lazy when I damn well please. But then, when we do spend time with our friends with kids, I see their bonds with these little people they created, how they get to shape them and show them the world. I want that. I can stop my travel for a bit, but then I want to travel WITH them. I want to show them new things.
All that said, moving to Scotland sounds so exciting and adventurous! And who's to say you can't make that baby over there??
Good luck with your new diet plan. I, myself, may start up Isagenix. I'm not overweight, but certainly not taking the best care of myself either. There are so many incredible before/after stories of transformations on the Isagenix plan but the main thing I want out of it is energy. My energy has been in the dumper for a few weeks now and I know it's probably b/c I'm burning the candle at both ends again. But I don't have much of a way around that and if I want to throw a newborn into that mix, then I have to be my best self!

Imogen - welcome to the group! I agree with the ladies - I'm so very sorry for your loss. But you have to believe that it will happen. It will. We have all been through it and now we have just about everyone with a BFP and/or take-home baby! (myself not yet included, but we're still trying...) It's such a hard process when it just doesn't happen naturally for you but it looks like others in your life just have to blink and they are preg.

missed your post, mdc! GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!! can't wait to hear that doubling/tripling number!!

Congrats MDC!! So exciting!!

We are quite resolved on moving to Scotland. They have IVF and adoption so when we become permentant residents we will try for that too. We are totally ok with older children.

Now we have to purge our house. We will be taking next to nothing with us and I don't want to have to rent a big storage unit here. Probably will rent one for some things (I love my living room furniture) just in case it doesn't work out. We also have some books that would be very hard, if not impossible to replace. And some art work that can be eventually sent. But everything else can go.

Aayla, very exciting! Sound like you have a plan of action. How quickly will you move to Scottland?

Michelle, I have heard a lot of good feedback about Isogenix. What is it exactly?

My beta is doubling every 43 hours so step two has been checked off. Only 1001 steps left to go :haha:

MDC: that's great on the doubling! So happy for you!

We are hoping to move late fall of 2017 or early 2018. Before I turn 40 for sure. The entire family has agreed to keep Christmas small this year. Just $25 per person. The wedding broke the bank on all of us. All I want for Christmas is Michael's gift cards for floss for my cross stitching. I don't need any nick nacks or anything as I can't take them with me. We have to save about $1000 per month. $10,000 Canadian is only about 5900 pounds. I am looking into places outside of the major cities as flats tend to be cheaper if you are willing to commute. We are both in entry level type jobs in the customer service sector so we can find work anywhere really. Although I am looking into the small town of Falkirk. It is right in the middle between Glasgow and Edinburgh and rent seems to be pretty cheap. 2 bedrooms go for around 500-600 pounds per month and a lot come furnished. The only trouble might be our cats. I can't find any info on the bylaws of how many pets you are allowed in a unit. Lots of places don't allow them at all (but that's nothing new to us). But we have 4 cats and there are cities here that don't allow that many.

isagenix - not really exactly sure what it is. I think it's a healthy eating plan, lots of vitamins and organic supplements and then you can also purchase shakes to eat as some of your meals. My friend lost 9lbs on it and she didn't need to lose weight - just seemed to be mostly the 'guck' that we acquire when we don't eat healthily. And she said her energy is out of this world - more than what she had in high school. He husband has lost about 30lbs and won't go back. They just love all that it has done for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->