38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Wish, I'm so excited that you've found the ingredients for your beautiful cake!

Omg wish I'm so excited I didn't think transfer would be so friggin soon !! Boy you girls don't hang around :) !!! Very exciting times ahead yipeeeeeeeee.

Wish: how exciting!! The weeks will fly by for sure!!

AFM: doc said I didn't ovulate and I had spotting last night so af is coming right on time on my regular schedule. The plus for this is that I won't have my period while in Vegas next week. I have a phone appt tomorrow morning with the doc to talk about next steps.

I am thinking that cold medication supresses ovulation. While I wasn't sick I did have a lot of allergy attacks and I ended taking some cold meds to help with the stuffy and sneezing. Sure enough, no ovulation. But we will see what the doc says. I only have 2 more shots on letrozole and then we have to move on. I know deep down hubby wants to do the letrozole if we can. It is cheaper. But I am ready to throw in the towel and move on to IVF.

IVF is definitely not throwing in the towel! For me, IVF was a recognition that I was ready to do whatever it would take. It also involved some initial tests that revealed why I wasn't getting pregnant before. Don't see IVF as the end... It is the start of everything!

IVF seems like an impossible road. We have to pay for it so it is a min of $10,000. And there is a bmi limit. So I will have to lose a min of 100 lbs in order to do it. It seems so daunting.

Talked to the doc today. He said that is very likely that I am becoming resistant to the letrozole. So we had two options.

1) Do the shots, monitoring and IUI and that has no bmi limit although they like it to be under 42 and it only has a success rate of 10-12%. Cost: $1700-$2000

2) IVF. 50% success rate, frozen embryos for siblings. But an imposed bmi limit of 38. Which would require me to lose at min 90 lbs but preferably about 100. cost $10,000

After talking it over with hubby we have chosen the IVF route. We can always choose the other option down the road but this our goal.

The good news is that the doc said my day 3 levels were normal so my egg count etc is all fine.

Hi girls,

Wish- we are getting close to having baby Wish! I can't believe this. I am so happy for you. By end of this year you will be talking a different language.... How your pregnancy is going on and such:). I am excited.

Mdc- that is a good # of normals. Lets just talk to your lining to behave and you too soon you will be on your way to talking about your pregnancy symptoms or no symptoms:)

Aayla- l am sorry about the ovulation but happy you have some options. Whichever journey you choose, l am hoping for the best. By the way, l heard there are some clinic that offer payment plan with IVF. I do not know if your clinic does this. All in all, praying for the best.

I am still cheering and always sending positive thoughts your way ladies.

Wish that is so friggin amazing and you are going to be well knocked up here very soon!

Ayala, such a hard decision. Do you have low amh or just unexplained? Either option is not ideal so I know it sucks. When I moved to IVF I just said I was tired of screwing around. I did think IVF would be a for sure thing, but having one through it is far from a done deal. However that is just my experience, and look at Ellie she did it in one fail swoop!

So I am still waiting on O on CD15, but with my new found acu induced EWCM starting I should be getting closer. I usually O day 16ish so not too unusual for me. I do have another work trip coming up the 28th so hopefully it will not interfere. Oh yeah...then the whole lining thing. :haha: I am doing a no drug cycle + supplements + Chinese herbs so who knows. But maybe....

I have pcos. My first fertility doc said it is likely that I have never ovulated, except on the odd rare occasion, in my life. Another doc said that my pcos is so sever that my body has the same chance at ovulating naturally as someone who is on birth control (and of course takes it as directed). So without meds I am 99.99% infertile. Now with being on letrozole for a year and some weight gain my body is just done. We may do a round of letrozole after I drop 50 lbs or so. I have 2 more cycles I am allowed to do. And I have the prescription at my pharmacy.

aayla - that's a great idea that star had, about a payment plan. I'd definitely look into that. We had to finance our DE cycle, we certainly didn't have the 18k they need immediately. Crazy stuff. Sounds like you have some great options, though, and it's good to know that you have the egg stash waiting for you once you get things in order! Fingers are so crossed for you!
And I agree with both ellie and mdc - IVF wasn't throwing in the towel, it felt more like 'bringing in the big guns' and REALLY taking this seriously. But it's been no field trip for me, as you know. So take the bull by the horns but cautiously, is my advice!

mdc - yes, that pesky little lining of yours. Maybe it's Asian and will respond to the ancient Chinese secret herbs!! I hope so!!

You are all too cute - yes, I hope to be speaking some different lingo by Christmas, but we'll see. I've said farrrrrrrr too many times how I'd like to be knocked up by a certain time and we all know how that went. So - step by step. I need them little eggs to thaw nicely first. Actually, I need for the shipping of them to go smoothly and not lose them or something disastrous!

Hi Ladies,

Hope everything is going well to you all. Just checking.

hi Star!!

all things going well here - still waiting for AF. She didn't show this morning so I assume she'll be here this weekend at some point.
Then I start my BCP on day 3. I'll be on that for 3 weeks, plus some Lupron thrown in there. After that, we downgrade the Lupron, add in some Estrace pills and baby aspirin for 2 weeks. Then we drop the Lupron/Estrace and pick up PIO shots and keep the baby aspirin. Can you tell I just got my schedule yesterday? I'm trying to memorize it! :)
all in all, I'll be transferring around 11/13 if all goes well!

How are YOU doing??

aayla - what's up? anything new?

Blimey Wish, that's quite a schedule!
I used an app to remember all my meds... medisafe. It's free and really good.

Good luck!

Hello everyone, sorry I have been rubbish at posting. I am 5dpt5db and needless to say it has been a whirlwind. Not even sure when is the last time I posted but here is the short version. Well kind of :haha: I did a lining scan on cd16 and had a 19 follicle and a lining of 9.5mm. You say...wait what? Well the lining is tilted down so it ALWAYS appears larger than it is. I weighed the options and with lots of valuable input from my doc and great friends (you know who you are) we decided to go ahead. Challenge #1 this cycle. I emailed my RN ages ago and told her I had no trigger or antibiotics. When I went in for my check I had the ultrasound tech again reinforce this. Well guess what, lines for crossed and when she called me to trigger and start my antibiotics I about lost it. Luckily she had a trigger in her office so I had to stop working, fight traffic, and get there before closing. As I was rushing in, the silly front desk girl said she was about to lock the front door. Mind you it was 30 min early! Can you imagine if I would have driven all the way there to have the door locked? Anyhoo...challenge 1 averted and I triggered that night. Challenge #2- the next night I started having a mild cough...Sunday night more coughing...Monday night i said to myself 'was that just a lung that I coughed up'. Tuesday starting to get worried so I called my doc. She said as long as there is not a fever or malaise I am fine. The mechanism of coughing is not going to create a problem. Just what I wanted to hear so I said I would check in Wednesday to let her know how I am feeling. I do my good patient duty and call the office the next day to say I want to do the transfer so I ask if my RN is in and they say yes. They transfer me to her VM, I say the good news, and as a good patient I follow up with an email. Whew! Challenge #3- I miss a call from the doc at 630...'I did not hear from you today so not sure if you want to transfer tomorrow'. WTH! Come to find out my RN was out (so much for out of office messages on VM or email)! It was too late to call back that day, so my coughing self had to wait till the morning of the transfer to call. At least transfer day went off without a hitch. I took an Uber to the appt (forgot to mention DH is gone during this whole period for work), did my pre acu, transfer (which btw my cervix was straight for...my cervix is never straight), post acu, and had a friend take me home. Challenge #4 DH finally is back in town this last weekend and he thinks I sound like I am dying... in all truthfulness my cough is bad...but I know there is nothing they can do for me because it is viral and I have to wait it out. To appease DH I go to urgent care and it is indeed viral bronchitis and nothing to do but wait...up to 2 weeks and maybe a month for the cough to fully go away...oh joy. Now I am starting to kind of freak out. I know I did not have a fever, but I am now questioning if even this illness severity might effect implantation even my doc, the transfer doc, and the acu person said it would 't. Trying not to be negative already so I Dr Google search for reassurance and read multiple stories of cold's/flu/etc and successful implantation and try to change my frown upside down. Probably around this time at night I begin to feel a little pulling on my right side, sometimes on my left, so there is maybe a chance. I keep looking at the embies picture and visualizing it snuggling in nice and tight to a super cushy lining. Finally challenge #5- I am headed to Vegas on Friday so my beta got moved to 8dpt in the morning, then I head to the airport, and wait for THE CALL. I told myself I would not test early (always did and knew the result the morning before my iui betas), but know not sure if getting this message good or bad in an airport is that great of an idea. Or worse, getting off the plane and have a VM waiting for me. I see there are three outcomes and I will rank them in order of what I think will happen. First beta positive but a little low = more waiting. Second positive beta good = excited but will more waiting because it is the doubling that matters. Third negative = disappointment...lots of wine...rare steak in Vegas. I did test yesterday I make sure the HCG trigger is out of my system so I had a baseline in case I test. So torn. My current brilliant plan is to test the morning of the beta and not peak, get my beta drawn (still different that knowing before the blood draw right :haha: ), and then decide if I want to look at the results when I get home.

Whew that is a book but I wanted to fill everyone in on the craziness of this cycle. I do have a good feeling but realize there are quite a few things that are not optimal. There is never going to be perfection and it would be my luck with all there challenges this is the time it will stick for 9 months. Such a fine line between optimism and not letting myself go off my rocker if it does not work out this time. If anyone reading could please send me (and the little embie) good vibes, I would truly appreciate it. It has been over a year since my mmc and a couple years of trying, waiting, crying, wanting, and wishing to be a mother and to make DH a father (he will be amazing IMO) so we are ready. Ready to be parents. Please let this be it...I/we need this to be it.

Hey Wish- l am so happy that you are getting close to transfer. I also do remember that list of meds.... Its l had to write mine down on my phone to keep track. You are close....so close. Sending you positive vibes as you nearing the transfer day.

Oh Mdc! I am sorry you had to go through all these chellenges. BUT thank goodness you are now PUPO! You got this. I am trusting and hoping and believing this is it. It is ok to be nervous and think otherwise. I remember l had some spotting on 7dp5dt and l knew it was over. You guys encouraged me and l tried to be positive and on 8dp5dt my test was positive. My beta was not until 10dp5dt. I believe yours will be positive. Hang in there. DH and you will make good parents.

Mdc, you totally and utterly deserve this to work. I have every part of my body crossed and am sending you lots of sticky baby vibes. Oh, and Bee sends your embie lots of love too and tells it that we are nice places to snuggle in and he/she wants to meet his/her new cousin, so close in age.
:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Mdc I made a special request for you ;) page 202 check it out ! I've got an in with the man himself ;)
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...r-storky-write-your-letter-mr-storky-too.html

Left I do have to say you are one of the most amazing women and have been such an awesome positive force for all of us. I was so touched by your Mr. Storkey letter and I am not going to lie I did shed a couple tears because of your message. Thank you!

Ellie(and Bee of course), thank you for the positive vibes. I am sure my little embie heard you both.

Star thank you for your wishes and thanks for the encouragement. Seems so natural to be positive for other people and give them hope until it is yourself in the spotlight. Go figure.

You all are the best! Today is 6dpt5dp and not feeling anything really. I did think my uterus felt extremely firm yesterday, if that makes sense, but not so much today. Just a couple more days!

omigosh, left - that's the sweetest thing!! <3

mdc - you totally got this! I, too, have everything crossed and am really just waiting for the confirmation that this is IT for you!! We need us an Mdc Jr!!

Awh thankyou mdc , I'm sorry I made you cry !!!!! Not my intention at all !!! Don't worry too much about feeling or not feeling anything . I felt zero before 6-7 weeks with my pregnancies . Now lets hope Mr Storky got his post ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->