38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

I'm exhausted just reading that, aayla!! :dust:

mdc - had our consent signing on Monday and I paid the pre-registration fee for the donor egg bank yesterday, so we have our full access to the profiles now! I hope to get going and looking through them tonight. I want this to be a fairly quick process, not that I want to force anything. But if there are only 40 white donors, just a portion of those with brown hair and brown/hazel eyes, then it shouldn't take too long, i'd think. Then we just have to dig into the detailed stuff.

star, I forget - do you have names picked out yet?

Wish, yay! So excited for you to pick an ingredient for your beautiful cake :) Good luck xxx

Aayla, oh I remember those days of bding intensively... In fact, I'm starting to forget how to do sex... We seem to not bother these days. I feel like a blob of fat and he's worried about hurting Bee, so it just doesn't happen any more. Enough people have shared that this was their pregnant norm too that I'm not too concerned!

How's everyone else doing?

"Forgot how to do sex" hahahaha! You could have taken the words right out of my mouth! We I think we only bd'd once while I was pregnant. I was too scared to do anything the first trimester for fear of causing a problem in the babies house. I threw DH some sympathy sex right as the second trimester started bc I felt bad, but after that I was literally the very last thing that I wanted in life, lol. I know some women are the complete opposite, but that wasn't in the cards for me. I'm 6 weeks postpartum today and DH literally set his alarm for midnight to wake up and have sex. It was hilarious. It didn't happen though bc I'm not released for activity until my appt tomorrow, but I'm so scared of it now! I literally feel as if I've forgotten how! Right there with you!

We didn't get the BD in yesterday. Hubby just wasn't into it and I don't blame him. But he said we will today. It hasn't been easy with me as I am on an anti-depressant and it kills the sex drive and even will make it so the big O doesn't happen as often. This is how I know i am close to ovulation because I have been trying to jump hubby for days now. He gets all weirded out because I keep looking at him like a piece of meat. :rofl: But I can't help it. This huge biological urge has taken over. :haha:

Ellie: I have heard the drive comes and goes throughout pregnancy. Around 5 months some women go into overdrive lol. A lot of men get a little awkward about it thinking they are going to hurt the baby. Or the baby is going to know what they are doing. :haha: Wait until the first time he touches the boobies and milk comes out. :haha: :rofl: so many of my friends have told me stories. It's hilarious hearing their reactions.

Touching boobies is not allowed... Yowch! It was bad enough getting them measured up at the bra shop, but any touching or squeezing... Just no!!! I hope I do get some libido back soon as it's a bit rubbish really...

Hi ladies,

Aayla sorry you didnt get the bd yesterday. Hopefully you do today.

Wish- yay on the step of signing the consent! You are really moving quick! Cheering as usual. We havent decided on the name yet. We are going back and fort on 3 names. I will let you know once we decide. Hopefully the next coming days.

Mdc- wow! That is a great # of frosties! I am excited for you. Cant wait for the next update.

On sex, l didnt feel anything the 1st trimester but when 2nd trimester started my sex drive came out of nowhere. We struggle on the right position and DH is scared of hurting the baby so we dont do it as much.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening and happy bding Aayla:)

Wish: congrats on the next step!!

No smiley this afternoon and the stick was super light. It was a 2 hour hold but maybe it was too diluted. I hope so because I could hate to think we missed it. I had one day of ewcm back on cd 16 and nothing since. It went to watery then dry and now creamy/watery.

I still have 2 more tests and one will be used tonight.

i'd doubt you missed anything if you went 3 days in a row, aayla!! sounds like you still got in a few well-timed BDs!! His sperm can live up to 5 days, remember.

ellie and dandi - I was just giggling at that! I remember being SUPER horny when I first fell pregnant and b/c it was IVF, they didn't want me to have intercourse for awhile. "Just give it another couple weeks", they said. Sure - well that doesn't really matter when you are having dreams that take care of business!! :blush:

I was super horny for the first few weeks too, but then I started getting terribly bloated and suddenly it's the last thing I want!

I had zero sex drive !! My story was like dani a sympathy bd in the second tri then the very last thing in the whole world I wanted to do !!!

I remember being a bit randi when I was preggo, but one time I got cramps and then a week later we found out about the mmc. Stupid I know that it did not cause the mmc, but likely poor DH is going to have to go without for the first tri. Well...so really I am saying it is the same now sex situation as now :haha:

aayla - how'd the BD'ing sesh work out? are you post O now?

star - how's baby star doing?

we looked at donors last night! WOO! It was kinda slim-pickins but I guess that was expected. Narrowing down caucasian, brown/brown or hazel got us to about 20-25 donors and then from there, I looked at heritage (not sure why), baby pictures, height and then looked into their medical history. That part was pretty cool - you get to see all of their 'real' answers to things and at the end they ask them why they are becoming a donor. Some simply just know that they are fertile and need to pay off college, others have already had a child and want to be able to give that gift to someone else who is struggling. And one has a close friend who had an ectopic and several miscarriages and wants to help others like her.
Other questions like 'do you have any talents? like art and such' and there are some that are good at art, some good at sports, some like to read and are introverted, some are bubbly. My psychology mind was going crazy! it was like a bowl of ice cream for that part of me! :)

Gosh the curious me would love all that but do remember a huge part of future "baby wish" will be inspired and shaped by the care she gets from the very begining . IE how her mum feeds her while she is growing , how her mum is calm or stressed when pregnant, it is your voice that will be familiar to her from the time she can hear so will have significant infulence . It is the things you and her dad have an intestest in and Introduce her too that is likley to become her interests too . The nurture / nature debate is an in testing one but for me and I've had lots of experience of this in my field of work its the nurture one who makes you the kind of person you become .

So while I know it is important to choose someone your comfortable with dont get too hung up on it . That is not who your LO is going to be !!!
Ps : for some reason I kept picturing a little girl as I was typing and only noticed this at the end .. Never a boy ..... Interesting . So my prediction WHEN you get knocked up will be for a little pink !

In Ireland you don't get to choose your donor your just told some are available .

left, please don't ever leave me! <3 <3

you are very correct - I just think about the male's side of things - he chose ME and now he can't mate with ME. So maybe someone similar to me would be the next best thing? But you're right, ultimately, we wanted to make a person together and how that person turns out will be up to us and the way we nurture them. It's funny - I think that when I read about how some donors have anxiety or their family members have weight-related diabetes or high blood pressure. When they state that they are probably environmental things (it's up to the donor's opinion I guess), I already am thinking about providing a calm and supportive, healthy home for our LO. :)

Alaya, how did not bd finish up?

Wish, that is so facinating getting a small look into the reasons why someone would be a donor. Hell if I would have even fathomed ever having problems I would have done in when I was young. You are right the LO is going to be your's and you will make such a wonderful mother. You have been in such a wild ride to motherhood and are just now climbing to your peak and will get to the top with your take home baby very soon.

Left, you are a master at words!

Hello to everyone else!

So we have three more journals in the bunch!!!! :wohoo: Oddly enough only two were from the best quality and one medium quality. Now I really do not trust embie grading. Anyhoo now that we have four we have more breathing room and if we are lucky may do a natural cycle this month. I have to travel for work but if O comes after that we may get a shot. Finally! Guess it all depends on my pesky lining.

So I never got a positive opk all through cd 20. I did have ewcm and the tests went darker than normal on cd 18/19 and then super light again on cd 20. But I was using the CB digi so the lines don't really mean a whole lot. I did get more ewcm in cd 22 or 23. I forgot to log it so I don't remember.

I did my progesterone test on Wednesday and it was 7.5. An odd number as my online ehealth says that is both in mid cycle and luteal range. So I have no idea if I ovulated. Usually if I have an anovulatory cycle my number is less than 3. If I did it seems it may have happened around cd 23. We did BD on cd 21 and 23 so we still have a chance if I did O. I called the clinic and I am just waiting for a nurse to call me back and hopefully explain the number.

I only have one cheapie test and I will use that closer to af due date. Which if my cycle was normal would be next friday but if I ovulated late and my lp stays the same will be Sept 20. Which blows because I leave for Vegas on the 22nd and I really didn't want my period while there.

mdc - you also have a way with words. Basically, none of you can leave me. Thank you for the pick-me-up. <3 :hugs:
I'm over the moon re: your embie results!!! this is so the beginning of your successful cycle!

aayla - well that's annoying!! I hope you got it and maybe you just missed your peak overnight or something. I know someone who had to test 2x a day to figure out when her peak could be picked up. Fingers crossed!

I was testing 2x a day. And on cd 20 I tested 3x. But then I ran out of sticks. Should have picked some up from the dollar store to continue on. And I wish I had temped as well. Next cycle I am temping.

so we picked our donor this weekend! I submitted the paperwork to lock down the eggs yesterday and we're good to go. She was still available.
I also finished up the paperwork for the financing b/c I need the first 1/2 of the payment in their hands 5 days after the eggs are reserved. So that's all set too.
Now they ship the eggs, I call on cd1 and I start taking my meds that day. I believe I start with BCP for about 12-14 days, then once I'm suppressed, I start on Lupron and estrace, to keep suppressing ovulation but plump up the lining. So any transfer, pending fertilization and good grades, still about 6-7 weeks out.

star - how are you feeling? have you picked out nursery stuff yet?

aayla - how are you doing? any more clues one way or the other if you O'd properly this cycle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->