38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

No point worrying about symptoms steno. One lady was sick as a dog during the 2 weeks she was waiting to mc, and some ladies with healthy babies don't get sick at all. So they don't mean a thing. I had sore boobs for a while but still no ms, and I had a lovely steady heartbeat on monday. Just enjoy being pregnant :hugs:

Jessie, I didn't cry. I did sit on the toilet for probably 20 minutes in complete and utter shock. I think I'm still shocked. My last cycle was 50 days and I didn't know what to expect out of this cycle. The upside is that there wasn't a TWW because I wasn't sure how long this cycle would last. I didn't use any OPKs or anything this cycle. We only BD when the mood struck us.

DH was still asleep when I left for work. It was so hard not to wake him, but I didn't want to risk his just awoken reaction. I made a box with a bib, onesie, card and the positive test and told him I got him an early Christmas present. He was so confused when he opened it...probably because most discussions lately have been surrounding possible endometriosis and not TTC. Once he realized what was going on, he was so sweet. He immediately had to kiss my belly :blush:

Tui, thanks for the reassurance. It is so wonderful to have you all to share this with because we don't plan on telling anyone else until we are out of the first trimester.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
I'm back from Vegas! It was so fun!

Tui- I'm happy to hear continued good news from you!

Jessi and Steno- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This gives me hope too. :)

I temped while in Vegas but my numbers are really wonky due to different waking times, weird sleeping times, and I'm a mouth breather when I sleep sometimes. But according to CM and Fertility friend I O'd on CD13. That was our first day in Vegas. We BD'd that afternoon and again late that night/early morning and of course each night after that while there ;) I am currently DPO 5. Not holding my breath though because my CM seemed a little different this month compared to last. Not as much EWCM as last month. Only time will tell I guess. :)

Kiley welcome back ! I hope that trip the Vegas will bring you a Bfp !
So when is you girls due date? I'm due July 6th.
Steno, I'm worried too you know. Not much symptoms, I mean I did feel bad at the beginning, and I too read way too much. And it's true it's pretty nice to talk with you ladies, since I didn't tell anyone but my mom et my 2 girlfriends. Big announcement will be next week !
Tui, yay for the ticker !

According to the online due date calculators, I'm due on August 15. My 40th is August 12. It will be the best birthday I've ever had! Certainly takes the pressure off DH to plan me a party 😉

Oh, yeah! I did find this on another forum last night and felt so much better!
https://www.easybabylife.com/miscarriage-statistics-by-week.html

Yeah I looked at stats too, and yes, it made me feel better too !

I'm just so happy for all of you!!

Kiley - sounds like you had an incredible time in Vegas - I hope it was fruitful for you!!

Steno and Lola: I'm due August 14 according to the online calculator.

Kiley: woo hoo for vegas! i get tired just thinking of that place. Last time I went i had to soak my sore feet for hours because I wore heels and danced 2 nights straight in the clubs

RE: Pregnancy news. I've told my co-workers because I'm a dentist and not supposed to be working with nitrous while pregnant. I've also told close family and all my close gfs since they're the ones I would talk to if anything went wrong. I'm not one to keep quiet about much anyway (whether good or bad).

I need a pep talk, ladies! I'm scared to death about my U/S on Tuesday. DH keeps telling me not to worry- that we've had such bad luck this year that we deserve some good news. What a $hitty christmas I'll have if something is wrong. :cry:

I was terrified too honey and everything was fine. Hang in there.

Look at it this way, on the very small chance of you having a blighted ovum like I did, it's best to know now and not at your 12 weeks scan! That was horrid.

Good luck, but I'm sure everything will be great and you will burst into tears with relief like I did, lol.

Aw Jessie, try not to worry. It won't do you or your little bean any good. Everything is going to be great! Your midwife is doing a great job taking care of you and this US is strictly precautionary, not because she thinks something is wrong. Enjoy these moments girl! They're an amazing gift. And you know what I mean when I say, NO WORRY BEEF CURRY! Snuggle up to your DH and let him comfort you. He knows what he's talking about. :hugs:

Jessie, I know it's hard but don't worry too much ! No worry beef curry like Mauijaim says :D :D
I'm sure you'll be fine.I'm a little worried for my Us on Monday. lol. It's silly,I got a heartbeat, but I'm like 'what if?? ' With that fibroid and my old age... I can't help !

Jessie, I know how you feel. I can't seem to stop worrying either. I even took another test this morning to make sure the first test wasn't wrong. Guess what? Still a :bfp:! In fact, it was instantaneous! After that, I decided to stop worrying until there is a reason to do so. I hope you can find a way to do the same! Easier said than done, I know!

Kiley, I hope that Vegas was lucky for you! Sending you tons 'o baby dust!!! And don't focus so much on your CM. I only had EWCM once and didn't get pregnant that cycle. Just relax and have fun trying! I really believe it happened for me this cycle because I wasn't thinking about it. I know that is near impossible to do. I even stopped coming on here during this cycle.

hi girls! I was so brief yesterday b/c I was in the office and there are WAY more people that can see that I'm not on a work-related site than when I'm just here at home! :)

I wish I could help all of you to stop worrying and enjoy what is happening, but I'd be the exact same way. You've gone through so much to get to this point and most things are out of your control now. BUT - you're all going to do GREAT and be such wonderful mothers! Your little beaners are snuggling in for a nice long ride. I hope all of your scans go well and remember that your body will do what it needs to do. Trust in it!
I don't know that this helped at all, but I hope even a little bit.

:hugs: to you all!

afm - still awaiting O this weekend but BD'ed Sat/Mon/Wed - still on course! neg OPKs still but starting to get some rumblings on the right side, which is where I was expecting to O from this month. all of this waiting, I just want to nail it!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Wish! It does help and it's very sweet of you. I am sending tons of love, baby dust, and well wishes your way. THIS IS YOUR MONTH!

:dust:

Thanks Wish, you're sweet ! And yeah lots of bding ! you can't miss it ;)

thanks, girls - I'll take all the dust I can get! I so don't want to go to an RE next month!

thanks, girls - I'll take all the dust I can get! I so don't want to go to an RE next month!

My RE appointment was scheduled for next month and here I sit knocked up :winkwink:. It will happen for you too!

I got pregnant just before my appointment too. It happens a lot apparently.

I should get it on the books so it's scheduled and cancel-able!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->