38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

I got pregnant before my infertility apt too, I canceled it!

I will start by saying WOW!!! SO many BFP's in the last 2 weeks!!! Congratulations Steno and Jessie!!! I'm so happy for both of you!!! As the others have said sit back, relax and enjoy your pregnancies!! Don't worry if you don't get MS! I just felt a bloated most days and was only sick once!
Jessie - how long after your HSG scan did you get your BFP?

Was really good to see your scan pic Tui! That little bean is looking really snug there!! It's not going anywhere in the next 7 months!!!

AFM - well boy am I glad the Christmas holidays have started!!! I'm exhausted!! Still no news on the house move! there have been a few delays which are frustrating all of us! and now one person is on holiday so we can't exchange contracts and set a moving date till after new year! Hopefully better news in the new year.
My metformin seems to be working already. My appetite has GONE!!! I'm back to eating bird size portions like last time! Will do my weight wonders!
other that all that, I'm just waiting for AF to arrive again. Hopefully sometime this weekend instead of Wednesday next week!!
Hope everyone is doing well.

good to hear from you skweek! that sounds like a really frustrating situation with the house. I am not patient when it comes to things like that AT ALL. Good luck to you with that!

Happy Friday to all!

Got my solid smiley today on the CB OPK - skipped right over the flashing smiley again this month so here we go! Getting wet/ewcm since yesterday too. Tonight was a BD night anyway as well and I'll ask DH to BD tomorrow night too just to be safe. Mayyyyybe even beg for Sunday too, though he's going to say he doesn't produce that much. But that should cover everything, I'd think.

I'm really setting myself up for a serious letdown if this doesn't work this month - doing everything right and not reaching the goal doesn't sit well with me! :)

Tui: You're so right. Better to know if something's wrong early on than weeks later when i've bonded more with the pregnancy. This is actually my second pregnancy, but first planned and wanted one. I got pregnant when I was 24 and had a miscarriage at 7.5 weeks. That was a little traumatic for me - I awoke in the middle of the night and felt like I had a fever and intense flu symptoms. I went to the bathroom and started bleeding profusely. Ended up in the ER overnight. I never had an ultrasound with that pregnancy so this will be my first.

And you know what I mean when I say, NO WORRY BEEF CURRY!
Awww Maui. Seeing that brings back sooo many memories. Haven't heard it in AGES. My first love, my high school boyfriend, used to always say that to me.

Lola: Post a pic of your scan for us please!

Steno: I was a psycho and took 3 tests in a matter of 2 days after my first BFP. The first was clearblue digital and it was, as the name indicates, very 'clear' with the word, "Pregnant." I then wanted to see how a typical test (the ones with the lines) would respond. I was hoping for blazing pink, but both were kinda faded. :/ I know a line is a line so it doesn't matter. To be honest I think I ovulated late (11/28) and baby is probably a week behind the estimated gestational age so my HCG levels probably weren't super high when AF was due.

Wish: are you guys using preseed again? Also, tell DH to drink lots of water. Sleep as much as you can this week too. Continue having sex until partway through next week. I think my first two months my hubby and I were stopping too early. You've been so patient this entire YEAR. you deserve a BFP this month more than anyone. :thumbup:

skweek: I got pregnant the same month as my HSG. Your move is taking forever. Must be so frustrating.

I've been christmas shopping and preparing for the arrival of my MIL, her husband and my youngest sister. My mom is coming after christmas. I have lots of time off the next few weeks and I'm so excited to do nothing but eat, sleep and hang out with family.

Yay to xmas food!

I've been eating really healthy this last 10 days. Lots and lots of fruit and veg. Just made my own pasta sauce from courgettes from the garden. Yummy.

I've actually lost a few pounds since I got my bfp, from less chocolate and more veg, and not snacking so much. Have plenty to loose so baby will be fine. I'm not deliberately trying to loose weight before anyone shouts at me.

Wish I agree with Jessie, I think I was stopping the Bd too early too, so keep going !
Skweek, glad to see you're fine, it must so frustrating...
Tui, I have a friend who lost weight at the beginning of her pregnancy too (not on purpose), and all is fine. Problem is she started to faint, since the body needs more calories and she had a rough 1st trimester.

I've never been that hungry in my life LOL, I eat diner and I wake up at 2 am with actual hunger and that empty feeling in my stomach. I'm trying to eat healthy too and I'm a vegetarian, but sometimes I just want sugar ! oh well...

Hi everyone and huge congratulations to Jessie and stencat :) I'm so so happy for you guys :) I'm with Tui jess about finding out early if something's not ok . I had a mmc and only found out at 12 weeks , well this Monday 2 years ago . Always in the front of my mind this time of year. But I'm sure everything will be JUST PERFECT :)

I'm so excitied for you guys :)and agree no worry / no curry lol.......

AFM well I'm off to the docs , have lots tuns of weight without trying people are now saying it to me. Someone mentioned I may have a thyroid problem post partum . So went to dr google and have EVERY symptom of a hyperthyroid . Can stop conception but is treatable and fertility returns immediately . So off to the docs I go ....well on Monday . Ill keep you all posted !

Jess and Lola - thank you for the tip! I'll make sure we keep going then. Shouldn't be tough - a little xmas eve romancin', eh? And yep, used preseed last night too. Temp was a bit higher this morning but tough to blame on O bc I had wine last night and turned off the lights about 2 hrs later than usual. That always brings the temp up.
Left - holy moly! Are you feeling ok other than the weight loss? Glad you're getting that checked out. Good luck on Monday! Keep us posted!
Tui - man I wish I was only craving veggies! I have too much of a savory tooth! my friend had twins and actually lost weight during her preg bc she only craved fruit! Well, at the end, she also just plum ran out of room!!
Steno, skweek and everyone else :wave:
Have a good weekend, ladies!!

I would have loved twins. Definitely only saw one in there though. Shame but I'm grateful anyway.

I still like the odd bit of chocolate, just no where near as much as before. Not sure if I'm actually craving fruit and veg, or if I'm just trying to look after baby. It's fabulous fruit season here now so that helps. Time for some xmas cherries, yum.

In my first tri when pregnant with my DD I didn't want to see any chocolate!! I usually love chocolate! But as I was craving meat of all kinds I landed up putting on weight!

Well it is well and truely onto CD1 for me!!! Which I'm fine with. Will give TTCing all we have this month as I would love to have a Sept baby this time round! About to go order more preseed and cups too. FXed it all arrives before I O. Checked when I'm expecting to O this cycle and looks like New Years Eve or Day!! As if I need an excuse?? haha

Sorry af got you. Good luck for this time round. Seems to be a lucky thread now so I bet someone gets a bfp soon.

Just a quick update on me. I do not think Vegas gave us a baby. My temps have been going down the last couple days. AF is due at the end of the week. Hubby and I decided that if I'm not pregnant this month, we are going to hold off trying until Feb or March to try and time it better with his work schedule. He really wants a Dec, Jan, or Feb baby. His slow time of year is Dec - March. I know you can't plan for babies like that but, he is really adamant about waiting to try. I am actually totally fine with that. It will give me time to lose the 10 pounds I put on over the summer. I want to be at my normal weight when I conceive. It will also get me back in the habit of eating healthy all the time again.

skweek, sorry Af got you, but yeah it's a lucky thread, so soon I hope!
Kiley, well who knows? could be implantation dip!
Well tomorrow is a big day, I have blood tests, 12 weeks ultrasound also for NT and ob/gyn appointment. phew! If all is fine we'll announce to everyone !

So exciting Lola!!! I hope all is well for you!! Sending lots of luck your way!!

Skweek, that stinks that AF got you :(

Kiley, you're not out until she shows up!

Best of luck tomorrow, Lola! I can't wait to hear how things went!

good luck today, lola!! can't wait to see pics!!

skweek - I'm sorry AF got you. FX'ed for this next month being the month!! Fireworks on NYE!

kiley - that sounds like a good plan but I'm with lola - could be implantation! I'm always hoping it's implantation - did the preg ladies on this thread experience a dip?

Jessie - I meant to comment on your past preg experience - thank you for sharing that. That had to be so hard, at so young (well, I considered that young and I was nowhere NEAR ready for a baby at 24). I hope this experience is vastly different. I can't wait for your scan tomorrow!

afm - Operation Sexified Weekend was a success! BD'ed every night Fri-Sun and I didn't even have to push for it! I'll suggest one more tonight, I think I O'ed yesterday per my temps. That should be good, right?

everyone ready for Christmas this week? I'm kinda sad it'll be over soon. I've been enjoying hanging out with all of the decorations up, Christmas music on, wearing my santa hat! :) I love the tree being the only light in the room in the evening too.

Well done wish, looks like perfect timing.

I hope you don't mind me jumping onto this thread. I have been cyberstalking for a little while, and finally decided to ask some advice from this group because there seems to be a lot of positive results lately. Just a little about me. I am 37 trying for my first baby with my husband, and have been off BCP for almost a year. We were recently married and up until a couple months ago we were just not preventing and now have decided to really try. Who knew after all those health classes and their scare tactics in school that getting pregnant would be so hard. So with a BFN this month here is my question. What do you do to keep yourself from going crazy until the next opportunity comes around? I am trying to stay positive and not go crazy, but any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi mdc. I think it's purely hope in my case. Each month that rolls around is a brand new chance.

Keeping busy helps. As well as good friends on here.

It will happen soon, you will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->