4, 5, 6, or more baby MOMMA'S

well Jamie seems to be back to himself today:shrug: so back to nursery he goes! I do love my childrens school but the amount of bloody costumes they need is ridiculous emma had to dress as a roman on Tuesday thankfully I had kept ellies from last year, I need to get ellie a tudor dress for a Shakespeare play by Friday and they only told me Monday! amd on Friday they all have to wear sports wear!! I have 3 girls!!! they don't wear sports wear!!!:dohh:

donna im sure theres nothing to worry about and will settle itself.
im slightly different to you guys I don't wear baby all the time, how long do you wear them for? do youi find there more wingy when you put them down?

belly is sore today growth spurt I think!! ouch!!

donna- I love to babywear! what kind of sling do you have??? I have a ring sling, a mei tai, and an ergo. just got the ergo when I was pregnant with her and haven't tried it yet. loooove the other two though <3

sacha- I couldn't manage without a dishwasher. ours was broke for a few weeks and all I did was dishes :( what kind of cloth diaper laundry detergent did you get? we use rockin green. its my fave. but I have tried charlies also

That is exactly how I feel. I could honestly do dishes from morning to night, but I don't. I try to get as much as I can while Z is happy with out me.

We used to use Charlies. We bought this giant bucket that we never ended up being used, and just ended up getting too hard to use. I just bought the Rock in Green and like you I love it. I find it to work very well. I am using Kirkland environmental detergent and it is good for his clothing.

Claire i am glad Jamie is feeling better. :thumbup: Hope your growth spurt is short lived :hugs: I hated those!

Donna - My twin daughter had one turned in foot too, from her position in utero. I'm sure big brother was on it or something, as she was way low in my pelvis the whole time, and he was up on my right side - to this day my right side is larger than my other side - strange. Anyway, it started straightening itself up once she started moving and stretching more as she grew. By the time she was crawling and walking, there was no sign of it.

I don't have a dishwasher anymore since we moved. It's been an experience, but we all take turns with the dishes, including DH, so one person is not bogged down with them all the time.

Glad Jamie is feeling better Claire. Hope your sore belly feels better soon.

Z is finally out of his 5th wonder week, it is so nice not have a fussy baby this morning. Oh and we slept so much better too.

We just did a 3D foot impression. I can't wait to show you, it is going to be so cute!

sacha- we heard raves about the charlies, but it left build up on my cloth diapers. they would start leaking and I would have to strip them with dawn. we keep it around if we happen to run out of our regular clothes detergent. the rockin green never builds up, I love it! haven't ever heard of Kirkland, may have to look into that.

Claire- it doesn't make my kids whiny, in fact they stay happier. but I also carry them almost nonstop til they are 4-5 mos old. if im not holding them someone else is. just how I do things.

Melissa the kirkland brand is from Costco. We use it on all the families clothing and it is a very fare price and it cleans better for me than any other eco brand I have tried.

Loved reading all the updates! I've been sick since the weekend, and turns out it is strep throat. Entire family has started antibiotics.

So this evening I slept for 3 hours, and then couldnt sleep all night! Watched several episodes of Battlestar Gallactica while cuddling baby, then moved over to the computer.

I dont know how Ive managed to get my6 days and nights so backwards - I'm worse than the baby!!

How do you guys manage to get your house back in order after illness? We seem to have trashed the place. On the plus side my mom was helpful on Monday and is tentatively coming over tomorrow (well today really). Should be interesting.

I just realized I STILL havent done birth announcements. Ugh! I never did Christmas cards either this year but I excused myself by saying oh I'll just be sending out birth announcements anyway... oops.

Mel my house isn't even back together since I have been home from the H either. We did do a bit of spring cleaning last weekend, but it was only on one room, then did a decent cleaning on the living room upstairs. The boys have to clean the basement on the weekends to play games so that doesn't count for me cause I don't live in that space. I still feel like I am over cluttered and a bit over whelmed, but glad that at least my dishwasher has been fixed.

As for announcements? I don't do those type of things. Facebook is good enough for me. I also don't do Thank you cards either. I just never been a person to do them. I hardly do xmas cards. :haha:

AFM I am noticing that Z is now poo-ing greenish. When I wipe it is still very yellow, but the bulk of it is greenish. So something must being going on. He has either started being lazy with his latch or I am doing something strange with my diet that is bothering him. On top of that I am not feeling up to snuff anymore. I ran out of my expensive iron pills and I can feel that I am not taking them. I am more tired than usual, and it doesn't feel I am getting rest when sleeping. So I have two things I need to accomplish today, call the Dr about another prescript and then a call out to my La Leche leader to see if we can fix the poo thing. I am actually going to attend my very first meeting with them that I am excited about, but that isn't until Mon.

mel- I hope you get better fast! my house would be a wreck, but my DH and my 2 older kids are keeping it up. my girls are 13 and 15 and are a great help with the littles and the house. DH has pretty much been cleaning and making dinner every night. im very grateful, but I also feel guilty everyone has had to take over. I have done very little, so it would be a huge mess without them.

sacha- hope you get the green poo figured out. and get those iron pills miss! I was anemic when I was pregnant with mason and I know how drained it makes you :hugs:

I talked to the LLL leader and she thinks it may be a touch of oversupply. So I am switching to feeding off one side if he seems to want the breast again within an hour. Or he may have some gastro thing going on. So we will wait and see…. I see her on Mon morning so maybe we can get this straight.

I also went to the Dr yesterday and found out that my hemoglobin is replacing very fast. It is now at 108 as of last week. So I have jumped 30 in two weeks. I find that shocking for how long everyone was talking about it taking so long to replace. I still went to the pharmacy and got more iron much like the other ones I got.

Last night he was doing so well until about 5 am. That seems to be he fuss hour. Happens to be his gaseous hour, where he needs to burp really badly and then has a massive poo. This is also the time is seems to be the greenest. Takes me at least an hour to get him back to sleep then we are up for the day around 7am. I do have to say that since I took iron yesterday I felt better handling it. :thumb up:

Here is my happy little man.

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

Love that smile and his hair! He looks like he's laughing. Is he already? Why does his tongue look blue? lol Is that just the picture?

He does a silent laugh most of the time. But actually in that photo he actually huffing hahaha sound. I was almost in tears. :cloud9: As for his tongue it is actually purple. I think he may have thrush&#8230; Though the milky residue is not going away even with the gentian violet, so I have switched to Grapefruit seed extract, so I hope that will help. ;)

Gorgeous smiles Sacha!

Rosemary is starting to smile at me :cloud9: And such sweet baby coos!

After just 2 days on antibiotics and having DH home basically all week and actually getting some sleep (not really at night tho, mainly just daytime naps), I am finally feeling better. I've also been wearing Rosemary almost constantly while awake, and I think that has helped too.

Spring weather has arrived, and the girls are loving it. DD1 is really excited to be riding her bike, and now DD2 is wanting a 'real' bike too (she is still just on a little tricycle). I'm both really excited for the change in weather and also a bit overwhelmed. I want to do a TON of spring cleaning inside, but we also have a bunch of stuff that needs to be done outside, and I *really* wanted to put a true veggie garden in this year, but DH says no, we have to focus on other things (he's probably right, but still!). I also have to figure out if I'm really going back to work or not. One of my favorite managers was recently let go/quit (seems like a mutual break up tbh), so I'm not even sure what I would be going back to! And the kids want to be be involved in EVERYTHING. So i gotta get extracurricular activities scheduled and figure out when we'll have time to do all this other stuff.

So far, DD1 is in gymnastics, track, and soccer. She wants to add ballet, piano and girl scouts! I think that is probably too much though. DD2 is in gymnastics and soccer, and would love to do ballet too so we might just do that. And for the summer, we want to add swimming lessons. Yikes!

Sound busy feisty Mel! I am trying to get my 3yo into some football this year, he is so shy and I know it would do him good but it is breaking through the initial period when he just wanted to cling to mummy. Were tried street dance last year when he just turned 3 but he wouldn't participate :(

My eldest son was a great football player! I love going to all his games but he grew out of it. My middle son BMXes really expensive hobby lol hope the younger two choose something a bit cheaper lol.

Hope everyone is well! We have Abi's repeat newborn shoot tomorrow lol, hope she does better this time lol xxx

Any breast feeding mummies give me some advice please.

I fed all of my previous babies so feel silly even asking lol...

Abi had not opened her bowels in 5 days, last time she did loads and loads after not moving in 4 days. Other than her few meconium days that has been her only poop!

She is not distended, not jaundiced, not dehydrated, not in any discomfort. She is alert when awake, but sleeps well in between times, is having loads of wet nappies and is generally looking well , gaining weight well and is a happy wee baby ( other than with newborn photo shoots lol) but should I be concerned she is not pooping enough?? Tomorrow I will phone my gp if she still has not gone, but in the interim, do you ladies think I should be worried?? Is she just using up all the good breast milk and there is little waste?

I know ds3 used to go about a week between poops but when he was older not in the first few weeks ( I think)

Xxxx

Mel I am glad you are starting to feel better!! I love wearing Z. Wow you put your LO into a lot of activities. Mine get two tops. This year though it is going down to one, since DH still hasn't found anything solid.

Donna GL at the shoot tomorrow!! :flower: As for Abi I am not sure if you should worry too too much. Maybe she is just really good at digesting everything she is eating. You could start massaging her tummy in a circular clockwise motion. It should help things moving. She may just have lazy bowels. Could also do a bicycle motion with her legs too, to see if that helps things move along.

mel- you are very busy! :)

donna- we have that same thing going on. we had to use suppositories to get things moving while she had jaundice. haven't done it since though and she hasn't went on her own except one time! I read its normal so im trying not to worry. my ff babies pooed every day. and my last baby who was bf did too. its very odd and worrying. I have tried the tummy massage and the leg thing. she has gas, but no poo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->